Sign in to follow this  
ToledoLurch

Going to Bills/Browns game

OK...I am normally a fair weather fan and stop going to games in mid-November. This game means a lot, which is very rare in Cleveland. So I gotta go see it.

The forecast is 25 degrees, 6 inches of snow, and wind.

What are your tips for going to the frozen tundras?

Shave your entire body and coat yourself with Vaseline - this will trap the heat in.

Be sure to drink lots of hot chocolate. Pissing your pants once or twice a quarter is a great way to stay warm.

Enjoy the game.

Yes I live here. I know the basics. I was hoping for a few tricks that maybe I don't know. So far, MDC and rbtthe3 have been helpful...anyone else?

Take something (cardboard box...anything with a decent thickness) to put your feet on. Keep it off the concrete...helps a bit to keep them warm.

There are those chemical hand warmers?

Some of those suck, for one reason. They need exposure to oxygen for the chemical reaction to take place. When you put them inside your gloves, they fail to warm up like they should.

# I know it's said often, but dressing in layers is really the best

# Cover the head to prevent excessive heat loss from the head and neck.

# Stay dry by wearing a wicking fabric next to the body and a breathable, water repellent outer layer.

# Stay adequately hydrated.

# Eat regular meals.

# Avoid alcohol, caffeine and nicotine.

# Sleeves should be elastic or tight fitting at the wrist

Take something (cardboard box...anything with a decent thickness) to put your feet on. Keep it off the concrete...helps a bit to keep them warm.

:ninja:

Also remember if you're tailgating first to add layers of clothing the closer it gets to kick-off,you put everything on from the get go and you'll start sweating and come halftime your ass will be cold.

:mad:

Also remember if you're tailgating first to add layers of clothing the closer it gets to kick-off,you put everything on from the get go and you'll start sweating and come halftime your ass will be cold.

plus if u fall down, you aint getting your azz back up....

bring extra socks..hat..gloves..and keep them in your inside pockets of your jacket..once your feet are wet, its over...youll feel great if u can switch into dry socks...etc

get those heated dog bones...shove one up your :(

heat pads...

bring your own seat...youll start off sitting on dry as opoosed to crusty ice and snow...

get up every now and then and if anything...walk in place a lil...or wiggle the toes..keep yourself warm and loose and not sore...

and when u DO dress in layers...dont do your socks too tight..if you cant move your toes, it wont help u at all..(i learned this playing hockey...your toes will feel like bricks..sucks..)

cover self in blanket...let gal next to you fondle u for an hour or so....

Take something (cardboard box...

yeah....exactly...go steal big pete's home...and rent it out for a couple of hours... :mad:

Bear Grylls says to remove most of your clothes and climb to the highest spot in the stadium (preferably to the top of a flagpole) and look for the next approaching warm front) and eat the most disgusting thing you can find.

Survivorman says to wander around aimlessly with a dumbfock look on your face and build a death trap igloo. Les also adds that worrying about being eaten by the alpha predator (fatazz Clev fans) in the area helps to pass the time.

Hope these tips from the worlds top survivalists help.

throwing snowballs at people on the sideline will keep your arms warm :unsure:

try to stay awakw. the bills are boring

best advice in this thread....

Bear Grylls says to remove most of your clothes and climb to the highest spot in the stadium (preferably to the top of a flagpole) and look for the next approaching warm front) and eat the most disgusting thing you can find.

Survivorman says to wander around aimlessly with a dumbfock look on your face and build a death trap igloo. Les also adds that worrying about being eaten by the alpha predator (fatazz Clev fans) in the area helps to pass the time.

Hope these tips from the worlds top survivalists help.

First LOL of the day. Too funny. :doublethumbsup:

Perhpas he froze to death? The Browns aren't worth watching in the comfort of my warm home, let alone freezing my ass off in their ###### stadium. Go Browns...and take the Cavaliers with you.

I did make it.

It is normally about a 2 hour drive from Toledo. We made it in 3 1/2 hours. We still had time to deep fry a turkey when we got there.

When we left Toledo there was about 5 inches of snow on the ground. At 10:00 am in Cleveland, there was NO snow on the ground. It did not start until about 11:30am. When we got back to the car at 4:30pm there was about 5 inches on the car.

No one in the stands was sitting the entire game, it was snowing too fast and the chairs were so cold they sucked all of the body heat from you. I could not see the scoreboard on the other side of the stadium most of the day.

It was awesome to do...once.