Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Tony Romo

How long of a flight is it from Dallas to wherever they were in Mexico? Not long I would imagine.

If they had a few days off and flew down for a day or so then its no big deal. Now if they took the WHOLE week off that might be a story. But I doubt that was the case.

it's january '08, you & the team has worked so hard all year to put yourself in this home-field thru-out position. i just don't understand how or why it is romo has to be playing grab ass on some beach right now, even if it's for a couple of days. one way or the other, the season will be over in a month - he can't wait that long to vacation? like i said, glenn is just now back and he and tony have a ton of work they need to be doing, especially if TO is a no go. i just don't get it, wade and these guys are acting like this is a week 5 regular season game. i've a bad feeling in my gut about sunday.

it's january '08, you & the team has worked so hard all year to put yourself in this home-field thru-out position. i just don't understand how or why it is romo has to be playing grab ass on some beach right now, even if it's for a couple of days. one way or the other, the season will be over in a month - he can't wait that long to vacation? like i said, glenn is just now back and he and tony have a ton of work they need to be doing, especially if TO is a no go. i just don't get it, wade and these guys are acting like this is a week 5 regular season game. i've a bad feeling in my gut about sunday.

Romo should be professional enough to realize he's been playing horribly and should be taking it upon himself to put the extra work in. Maybe Phillips felt the team would be better off resting and healing. If that is the case, Romo could have shown his maturity by staying in Dallas with Crayton, Glenn, and the rst of teh receivers and try to get their timing back.

That is what seperates the Mannings, Brady's from guys like Romo. Manning would be in need of an icepack on his arm from the extra work.

reports are witten and his wife went to mexico with romo as well. hopefully he kept tony somewhat focused and out of trouble. the morning news here is saying both are back at practice today.

pretty much. told the team to relax and stay off their feet - wanted fresh legs come this week. uh, note to wade - IT'S NOT TONY'S LEGS I'M WORRIED ABOUT! :thumbsup:

no he didn't.

cowboys worked in pads

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2008/01/full_go.html

The Cowboys were pulling shoulder pads on this morning, and it looks like they'll be hitting in practice for the first time in a month. They've been sweats or shells for some time now.

Why? Well, here's two reasons from the Redskins game: They couldn't run the ball and they couldn't stop the run. Offensively, the number in that category was historically bad. Defensively, the problem's pretty long-ranging. For the fourth time in five games, the Cowboys allowed more than 120 yards rushing, after yielding that many just twice in their first 11 games.

So work on run fits on defense and blocking on offense could be a focus today. Also playing in to this, without question, is the fact that it's a bye week, and that allows for a little more banging with the next game so far off.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2008/...emains_out.html

Not that it's a surprise, but WR Terrell Owens was the only player to miss practice today, held inside the field house in shorts and shoulder pads.

WR Terry Glenn was in sweats and a helmet again, with the schedule calling for his return to full work this week.

Being suited up as they were for the second straight day, after a month in shells or sweats, allowed for a little more contact during the media period. We saw some running game "middle" drills with the offensive linemen working on things at speed much closer to "full" than has been seen during our access in a while.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2008/...he_off_day.html

At Valley Ranch today, players are off. But it won't be quiet at the team's complex.

i guess romo must have been studying his playbook in messico with his biatch. i hope all that preparation pays off this week. :cheers:

no he didn't.

uh, yea he did. wade told the musers on the ticket LAST WEEK that he was giving them a few days off and wanted them to stay off their feet and come back with fresh legs.

i guess romo must have been studying his playbook in messico with his biatch. i hope all that preparation pays off this week. :doublethumbsup:

Sure beats running around in a drug and violence ridden gang-banging lifestyle, then getting yourself shot. Sean Taylor gave a big F-You to Redskins fans by doing that. Pretty stand-up type fella.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/07/jessica-simp...os-fiesta-bowl/

Here's a pic of Romo chillaxing in Messico over the weekend. The caption's right - If the 'Boys choke again, this photo is going to get rammed down his (and Wade's) throat.

Dunno. On it's surface, it seems like a pretty stupid thing to do. On the other hand, for all I know he took one day off - I can't begrudge the guy that.

However, with Glenn just coming back, with a playoff game coming up, if nothing else, allowing that kind of image is pretty immature. He could rest at home, go into the complex for a few hours to do some light lifting, film-work, or whatever just to have the appearance (if nothing else) of a dedicated team leader. Sucking down daquiris with your girl in Messico ain't exactly the kind of image/message you want to relate to your teamates when you haven't even won a single playoff game. There will be plenty of time for this crap in the post-season.

Sure beats running around in a drug and violence ridden gang-banging lifestyle, then getting yourself shot. Sean Taylor gave a big F-You to Redskins fans by doing that. Pretty stand-up type fella.

What a stupid focking post. While I'm usually running against the guys who breathlessly praise ST as the greatest thing since sliced bread, your post is just plain classless and ignorant. The dude was IN BED with his fiance in his OWN HOME.

You want to make that post? Make that about Darrent Williams. Not about some guy chilling in his own house. :thumbsdown:

What a stupid focking post. While I'm usually running against the guys who breathlessly praise ST as the greatest thing since sliced bread, your post is just plain classless and ignorant. The dude was IN BED with his fiance in his OWN HOME.

You want to make that post? Make that about Darrent Williams. Not about some guy chilling in his own house. :overhead:

WTF, IMO, the anti-Romo posts are classless, so why not fire back the way I see fit?

It's all a matter of opinion anyway...just like many have their opinions on Romo, I have my opinions on Taylor. Bang-bang.

WTF, IMO, the anti-Romo posts are classless, so why not fire back the way I see fit?

It's all a matter of opinion anyway...just like many have their opinions on Romo, I have my opinions on Taylor. Bang-bang.

Criticizing Romo for partying in Mexico when he should be working with Terry Glenn and trying to figure out why he's sucked lately, is the same as making fun of Sean Taylor's death? Dude, I'm not Taylor's biggest fan, but that's a stretch right there.

Criticizing Romo for partying in Mexico when he should be working with Terry Glenn and trying to figure out why he's sucked lately, is the same as making fun of Sean Taylor's death? Dude, I'm not Taylor's biggest fan, but that's a stretch right there.

Okay...here you go again...repeatedly adding whatever you see fit. Partying? LOL.

Working with Terry Glenn on Saturday and Sunday? LOL

What this has became...is a contest to see who can get under whoever else's skin. Otherwise...you (and others), would analyze EVERYONE and and read into what everyone is doing, rather than Romo. Witten went also. What about any focking other player that went anywhere 2 hours away?

So...if it's about taking shots...and trying to piss people off, I'll write back with what I think are ingredients to get that done.

Whether I really feel that way...who cares. It's about getting a few riled up. Whatever works. "Bang! Bang!"

Okay...here you go again...repeatedly adding whatever you see fit. Partying? LOL.

Working with Terry Glenn on Saturday and Sunday? LOL

What this has became...is a contest to see who can get under whoever else's skin. Otherwise...you (and others), would analyze EVERYONE and and read into what everyone is doing, rather than Romo. Witten went also. What about any focking other player that went anywhere 2 hours away?

So...if it's about taking shots...and trying to piss people off, I'll write back with what I think are ingredients to get that done.

Whether I really feel that way...who cares. It's about getting a few riled up. Whatever works. "Bang! Bang!"

I think the main problem is that Romo is showing that he's not willing to take the steps that the truly elite QBs of the game take. Romo's been horrible and they go into the playoffs playing dreadfully, mainly because of him. Manning wouldn't be vacationing in Mexico. He'd be working on his timing with Harrison & Co. Nobody's arguing that Romo had a right to take Jessica Simpson to Mexico. But he certainly could have earned some respect and been taken a little more seriosly if he had his team in mind and tried working out his recent problems.

i think he's just making a point. this Romo thing is outta control!

What is the deal with everyone jumping all over Romo? He was given a couple days off and spent it with Witten and their women in Mexico. WTF is the big deal? It would be much better if he stayed in Dallas and went bar hopping I guess :mellow:. Is it really any different than hanging out by a pool all day?

I think the main problem is that Romo is showing that he's not willing to take the steps that the truly elite QBs of the game take. Romo's been horrible and they go into the playoffs playing dreadfully, mainly because of him. Manning wouldn't be vacationing in Mexico. He'd be working on his timing with Harrison & Co. Nobody's arguing that Romo had a right to take Jessica Simpson to Mexico. But he certainly could have earned some respect and been taken a little more seriosly if he had his team in mind and tried working out his recent problems.

Uh actually I think Manning would be spending his free time filming his 800th commerical of the season.

Uh actually I think Manning would be spending his free time filming his 800th commerical of the season.

Who's the reigning Super Bowl champions quarterback? That's what I thought. If I were a Cowboys fan, I'd be a little pissed that he wasn't willing to put a little extra work in, instead of blindly defending him just because he's my quarterback.

Who's the reigning Super Bowl champions quarterback? That's what I thought. If I were a Cowboys fan, I'd be a little pissed that he wasn't willing to put a little extra work in, instead of blindly defending him just because he's my quarterback.

the point i'm tryin to make is, how do you know how much time he's putting in? who's blind here? you guys are eating this media crap up.

do you really think Romo is an idiot? do you think he doesn't know where he's at in history right now? come on, give him a little credit. if he falters, it's not going to be because he flew to Mexico for a couple days.

What does that have to do with anything? So Manning doesn't need to work as much as everyone else because he won 1 SB? Trent Dilfer won a SB too, I guess he can take some time off for filming.

Romo had a couple days off and spent it with his gf. I doubt there were many players even there to work with even if he wanted. The team had an extra bye week, its not like he went to Mexico the night before the game.

Why would someone who's not a fan of the Cowboys care if you believe it will hurt his performance?

It isn't a big deal. There's a reason teams with bye weeks perform better in the playoffs. First off, they're usually better teams because they earned a bye, and second they have an extra week to rest and prepare, and they're at home. If they prepare everyday for 13 days and go all out they will likely burn themselves out by kickoff.

Why would someone who's not a fan of the Cowboys care if you believe it will hurt his performance?

I'm just disappointed in things I've seen from Romo in the last month or so. Earlier in the year, I thought he may be on the fast track to becoming one of the league's elite quarterbacks. Watching his production nosedive at the most important time of the year, and having him seemingly not care much about it, is a little disheartening.

As to why I 'care". I guess that depends on your definition of 'care'. I don't really lose any sleep over it. It's just some messageboard discussion. :unsure:

I'm just disappointed in things I've seen from Romo in the last month or so. Earlier in the year, I thought he may be on the fast track to becoming one of the league's elite quarterbacks. Watching his production nosedive at the most important time of the year, and having him seemingly not care much about it, is a little disheartening.

As to why I 'care". I guess that depends on your definition of 'care'. I don't really lose any sleep over it. It's just some messageboard discussion. :unsure:

I think he cares plenty and you will see that when the playoff games are played.

It isn't a big deal. There's a reason teams with bye weeks perform better in the playoffs. First off, they're usually better teams because they earned a bye, and second they have an extra week to rest and prepare, and they're at home. If they prepare everyday for 13 days and go all out they will likely burn themselves out by kickoff.

Because he likes getting Cowboys fans riled up.

And don't question newbie. He knows what's best for Romo. If Newbie says Romo needs to practice over the weekend, then by god, he should be doing it.

I'm just disappointed in things I've seen from Romo in the last month or so

You're not a Cowboys fan, but you're disappointed? Why are you not making a post about every other team in the NFL...(other than the Patriots maybe) about what hasn't went perfect that disappoints you? Why just the Cowboys?

I mean...jeesh...take the Eagles for example. I'd be a little disappointed in what's taken place the past 30 or 40 years. Or..how about Alex Smith? Are you a little concerned for the 49ers going forward? Carson Palmer? Aren't you at least a little concerned for his underachieving the past few years?

i dont get why he had to go NOW...

why couldnt he wait til the offseason and go NEXT week? :dunno:

i dont get why he had to go NOW...

why couldnt he wait til the offseason and go NEXT week? :mad:

:wave: i have a feelling the hawks might be comin to Texas Stadium.

I'm not gonna read six pages of this, but if anybody really thinks Romo going to Mexico for a couple days is a big deal then you have serious issues. Holy mountain out of a mole hill. :doh:

How many players have marital problems, child problems, or some kind of other life issue outside of the "office"? Prolly every single one of them.

Some of you people really crack me up. <_<

FYI...

Tom Brady apparently spent his bye weekend in New York City with Giselle. If they drove, the travel time is similar to the Texas to Mexico flight.

Ugh Oh....I'd be worried if I was a Pats fan. Looks like Brady also isn't taking these playoffs very seriously.

FYI...

Tom Brady apparently spent his bye weekend in New York City with Giselle. If they drove, the travel time is similar to the Texas to Mexico flight.

Ugh Oh....I'd be worried if I was a Pats fan. Looks like Brady also isn't taking these playoffs very seriously.

The difference being that Brady has been hitting on all cylinders with his receivers.

If Brady had looked horrible for the last three games, and his number 2 receiver (or number 1, if TO can't play), has been on IR all year, Brady would have foregone that trip to New York and put in some extra time, not just the time that was ordered by his coach. Same goes for Manning.

That's not to say that none of the bye-week QBs should ever take time to relax, but it all depends on what level of a player you want to be- a good young prospect or one who makes sacrifices to be one of the best.

The difference being that Brady has been hitting on all cylinders with his receivers.

If Brady had looked horrible for the last three games, and his number 2 receiver (or number 1, if TO can't play), has been on IR all year, Brady would have foregone that trip to New York and put in some extra time, not just the time that was ordered by his coach. Same goes for Manning.

That's not to say that none of the bye-week QBs should ever take time to relax, but it all depends on what level of a player you want to be- a good young prospect or one who makes sacrifices to be one of the best.

:doh:

I get what you are saying...but is he clicking on all cylinders?

Brady in 4 games stretches:

1-4: 13 TD's, 2 INT's

5-8: 17 TD's, 0 INT's

9-12: 11 TD's, 3 INT's

13-16: 9 TD's, 3 INT's

Brady had 5 games under 100 in Passer rating. They came in 5 of his last 8 games.

:overhead:

Brady had 5 games under 100 in Passer rating. They came in 5 of his last 8 games.

:overhead:

:dunno:

20 TDs to 6 ints in 8 games. Yeah that's still very, very good.

Now, do the comparison:

Last 4 games from Romo 3 TD, 5 INT's.

Romo's passer rating the last 3 games of the season? 22, 81 and 34. - His average for those games is still less than Brady's worst game of the entire season.

Big difference. Not a Romo hater or a Pats fan, but pretty much every outdoor QB's ratings tend to go down coincidentally - when WINTER sets in.

Comparison-wise: Brady's worst segment, he's throwing 3 times as many TD's as INT's. Romo? More INT's than TD's.

...So I don't think there's much of a comparison to be made.

FYI...

i think he's saying this is all ridiculous.

Yeah...he should have practiced on Saturday and Sunday. Name ONE NFL QB to have practiced on a Saturday and Sunday prior to their playoff game.

Name one, with link.

Yeah...he should have practiced on Saturday and Sunday. Name ONE NFL QB to have practiced on a Saturday and Sunday prior to their playoff game.

Name one, with link.

Here is your link...some QBs do practice weekends before their big playoff games

Playoff QB Practice 2005

After the game Sunday night, Romo will be nailing Jessica Simpson. In the background the T.V. will be on ESPN and they will be talking about the game. They will say Romo threw 4 TDs and passed for 350 yards, while leading America's Team to a 34-13 win over the hated NY Midgets. Keep in mind Romo will hear this in the background while he is wrecking Jessica's box. The guy will be in heaven Sunday night. It is good to be the QB of America's Team! :dunno: