Sign in to follow this  
yostevo

I was in my wife's email account and oops....

I understand both viewpoints, but I'm of the belief that you should just feel lucky that your wife wanted to do something that special for you - and should wear it proudly.

The frame idea is nice, but I'm thinking that's not quite what your wife had in mind when she bought it. I'm sure that she would be much happier seeing you wearing it out in public - rather than hanging it on a wall.

After all, she is the one that cared enough to buy the gift for you, so you should care enough make her happy by wearing it.

Who gives a fock what a bunch of drunk doosh bags at a baseball game think about you anyway? She should be the only one whose thoughts you are considering anyway.

I agree the framing idea is NOT what she had in mind at all. I like the idea for when we have kids. I think they would love something like that but not now. This jersey must be worn and I'm going to have to either take one for the team or actually tell her what I really think. As I said, she's not going to lose sleep over it. I think she'd be very pleased that I love it (and I do) with one big exception. So I have to inform her of the man rules of NO REAL LAST NAME on the back. :thumbsup:

Yostevo is gonna fock this up.

I'm assuming you mean by asking to change the name on the back? Bahhhhhhhh

You wouldn't be caught dead with headt on the back of your Cinci jersey. :( I'm not hearing it.

Your wife just spent a lot of time and money on a gift FOR YOU, and you care more about what some stranger thinks than your wife's feelings. I'd say the jersey is the least of your problems. :(

Your wife just spent a lot of time and money on a gift FOR YOU, and you care more about what some stranger thinks than your wife's feelings. I'd say the jersey is the least of your problems. :thumbsup:

:lol: Puuulllleeasse. Don't be such a drama queen. If I bought something for my wife, I'd want her to be as happy with a gift as she could be. If I spent $250.00 on a surprise outfit for her and she told me that she loved it but would love to have a different color, why the fock would I care? If that makes her happiest, to me, that's the focking point. I made a nice gesture, and she altered it to her liking, end of story. Big fn deal. She'll wear it proudly (as I would) and be happy to tell everyone that I got it for her (as I will).

Bunch of sensitive sallys around here. :overhead:

** Updatored **

The days leading up to actually receiving my present she built up this gift like it was the best thing since sliced bread so I started to scooby doo backpeddle about the idea of mentioning the last name on the jersey. So last night I opened it and it's a great looking jersey and all that and I let her know how truly pleased I was but I couldn't help myself. I mentioned the last name thing and also the association with the #42 and that someone might kinda take offense to the white guy with his own last name on top of a jersey # retired in honor of a black man who broke the color barrier.

Her eyes began to get teary eyed and I felt like a tremendous dick. So yes you can say I focked it up. She wasn't upset at me but just disappointed that she didn't know the man rule involved. That made me feel really bad. I tried diligently to smooth it over though explaining to her that I really do appreciate how much personal effort she put into it and I really do love the jersey idea itself. Acknowledging that seemed to help a lot and now she's all about trying to get the name removed to make it perfecto. I'll keep the number on there and just leave the name blank as a tribute shirt to Jackie Robinson. I know he really doesn't "own" a number but I understand the meaning behind it and so does the wife (now). :doublethumbsup: :shocking: :overhead:

I probably should have heeded the warnings I got about focking this up, but like I said, the item was just too much money to not come clean about it.

You shouldve just "accidentally" set the damn thing on fire with you in it and after you escaped (hopefully) she would have been happy to see that you pulled through and not cared about the fockin jersey. :cheers:

** Updatored **

The days leading up to actually receiving my present she built up this gift like it was the best thing since sliced bread so I started to scooby doo backpeddle about the idea of mentioning the last name on the jersey. So last night I opened it and it's a great looking jersey and all that and I let her know how truly pleased I was but I couldn't help myself. I mentioned the last name thing and also the association with the #42 and that someone might kinda take offense to the white guy with his own last name on top of a jersey # retired in honor of a black man who broke the color barrier.

Her eyes began to get teary eyed and I felt like a tremendous dick. So yes you can say I focked it up. She wasn't upset at me but just disappointed that she didn't know the man rule involved. That made me feel really bad. I tried diligently to smooth it over though explaining to her that I really do appreciate how much personal effort she put into it and I really do love the jersey idea itself. Acknowledging that seemed to help a lot and now she's all about trying to get the name removed to make it perfecto. I'll keep the number on there and just leave the name blank as a tribute shirt to Jackie Robinson. I know he really doesn't "own" a number but I understand the meaning behind it and so does the wife (now). :unsure: :lol: :cheers:

I probably should have heeded the warnings I got about focking this up, but like I said, the item was just too much money to not come clean about it.

Cough cough*****toldyaso**** cough cough.

I am glad you learned her about man rules though. Maybe the next present can just be a BJ and a Sammich.

You shouldve just "accidentally" set the damn thing on fire with you in it and after you escaped (hopefully) she would have been happy to see that you pulled through and not cared about the fockin jersey. :cheers:

....and now she might set it afire with me in it with hopes that I don't make it out. :lol:

Maybe the next present can just be a BJ and a Sammich.

You don't even need the BJ. You can always have sex with the sammich. Maybe a nice tuna hoagie. It will feel and smell like the real thing.

Cough cough*****toldyaso**** cough cough.

I am glad you learned her about man rules though. Maybe the next present can just be a BJ and a Sammich.

She was clueless about that and it certainly made me feel bad. I can't tell you how many times she's brought up this gift before she gave it to me. Man o man. I just kept saying to myself "Man, are you going to fuck this up or what!"

She could tell me about a bj and sammich for months. No problem there. However, it might be you she's actually giving it to now. :cheers:

this is pretty similar to when my wife got my authentic barry zito A's jersey (don't laugh) matted and framed for something like $200+. it was very well done and was great looking frame but there was one problem...she had it put under glass backwards. the name was facing card board. it was a very thoughtful present but it sucks she spent so much to do it wrong.

Bunch of sensitive sallys around here. :cheers:

says the guy who's worried what total strangers are gonna think

about him if he wears a personalized jersey? puuhhhllease gimme a fockin break ok.

She was clueless about that and it certainly made me feel bad. I can't tell you how many times she's brought up this gift before she gave it to me. Man o man. I just kept saying to myself "Man, are you going to fuck this up or what!"

She could tell me about a bj and sammich for months. No problem there. However, it might be you she's actually giving it to now. :cheers:

LOL. Its a sh!tty feeling to know that you are going to say something that your mind knows is not in your best interest wayyy ahead of time, and then still say it when the time comes. Been there and done that.

says the guy who's worried what total strangers are gonna think

about him if he wears a personalized jersey? puuhhhllease gimme a fockin break ok.

I honestly don't care what others think, it's the fact that I don't think grown men should be wearing personalized jerseys unless they are actually playing on a field for a team that requires you to do so.

Anything else is just a fantasy. That's how I personally feel. To each their own.

Again, if I got something for my wife and she said she really loved the idea and the thought behind it but wanted to alter it a bit to make it complete, why the hell would I care? I'm glad she likes it and was honest with me.

LOL. Its a sh!tty feeling to know that you are going to say something that your mind knows is not in your best interest wayyy ahead of time, and then still say it when the time comes. Been there and done that.

Trust me, I was feeling tormented and divided about what to do. I still don't know if it was right, but I'm glad it's over with. :banana: Until of course she uses it as ammo against me which she already has.

We have gift certificates to two fairly nice resturants. She stated last night that we are going to the crappier of the two for my bday tonight and we are saving the much nicer one for her bday next month. :banana:

this is pretty similar to when my wife got my authentic barry zito A's jersey (don't laugh) matted and framed for something like $200+. it was very well done and was great looking frame but there was one problem...she had it put under glass backwards. the name was facing card board. it was a very thoughtful present but it sucks she spent so much to do it wrong.

O well at least it says A's on the front still. O wait. Nevermind :banana:

Reason #37 why people should give gift certificates as gifts. Never buy anything but a gift certificate.

"It's the thought that counts" is for queers.

If I ever get engaged again, you can guarantee that there will be a gift certificate in the box, not some stupid ring.

What a dick :dunno:

But kind of along the lines of telling your guy that you don't really like the ring he picked out for you, right?

:thumbsup:

What a dick :dunno:

the real diick would have been the at the ballgame pointing and laughing

He should just bring his glove too, make it the dooshbag double.

yostevo: stinks you had to do it, but better that she knows now.

But kind of along the lines of telling your guy that you don't really like the ring he picked out for you, right?

:thumbsup:

oh oh <ding> <ding> <ding>

here we go......

catfight round 1..... :dunno:

the real diick would have been the at the ballgame pointing and laughing

He should just bring his glove too, make it the dooshbag double.

yostevo: stinks you had to do it, but better that she knows now.

i still say have fun with it.....sign the front... :dunno:

i still say have fun with it.....sign the front... :music_guitarred:

I still like the idea of that when we do have kids. Having a framed and signed jersey of our name in the house would be really cool for them.

What a dick :music_guitarred:

Thank you. I just had it stuffed.

:music_guitarred:

:popcorn:

You shouldve just "accidentally" set the damn thing on fire with you in it and after you escaped (hopefully) she would have been happy to see that you pulled through and not cared about the fockin jersey. :overhead:

phillybear :music_guitarred:

she's all about trying to get the name removed to make it perfecto. I'll keep the number on there and just leave the name blank as a tribute shirt to Jackie Robinson.

Think in the end she's not going to hold being honest against you. Maybe jokingly, but she wanted you to :unsure: it, this way you will.

:mellow:

Never. I woman knows how to handle the situation with enough tact and dignity that the guy doesn't even know he's been manipulated. :unsure:

Thank you. I just had it stuffed.

Is this the cantelope thread? :unsure:

Think in the end she's not going to hold being honest against you.

Oh yea because women never hold being honest against us.

Honesty is not the best policy when it comes to women.

Oh yea because women never hold being honest against us.

Honesty is not the best policy when it comes to women.

or with a guy. they cannot handle the truth.

or with a guy. they cannot handle the truth.

Bullsh!t. Women want to hear what they think is the answer. Men really don't care. Don't tap dance, don't suger coat it. Just tell me what you think. We are not going to tear up because you think our ass is fat, I swear.

We are not going to tear up because you think our ass is fat, I swear.

Speak for yourself. My ass is lovely. :unsure: :mellow:

Bullsh!t. Women want to hear what they think is the answer. Men really don't care. Don't tap dance, don't suger coat it. Just tell me what you think. We are not going to tear up because you think our ass is fat, I swear.

Be a real man, have some class, some respect, and stop staring at other womens' asses and we won't have to eb so self conscious about it. :unsure:

Speak for yourself. My ass is lovely. :mad: :mad:

Thats his story and he is sttttiiccckkkin tooo it.