Sign in to follow this  
Eagles Green

An employee of mine

On of my best, if not THE best, workers is starting college next year. She (Ds and drop-dead gorgeous) has already been accepted to Villanova and UNCW, but wants Princeton. I want her there too, because it will keep her close to the shop in case I need her to work a weekend or 2.

Anyway, she has a rep from Princeton coming down to meet with her tomorrow, so I was wondering what the best thing for her to do at that interview would be. It's a married woman doing the interviewing, so anal probably isn't the answer. Should she "be herself" or would it make sense to act like Princeton is a life long dream of hers, and act accordingly? She wants to go there, but I'm sure she would be fine going to one of the other schools.

Any advice would be sweet. :thumbsdown:

Greta stuff so far. :wacko:

I may be inclined to post a pic if good advice is posted. :thumbsdown:

I take it her parents aren't already giving her advice? :overhead:

I think she has to be herself and not try and "act" these people who interview do this for a living and can spot BS from 100 miles away. Tell her to try and not be nervous, express her excitement and desire and most of all, be herself. If she's good enough to get an interview, she's good enough to get in!

Send pic to please :overhead:

I take it her parents aren't already giving her advice? :overhead:

No, they are. But every little bit helps.

When in doubt.....just be yourself. :overhead:

She sounds like a smart kid already. Being fake, and sugar coating something too much would only hurt that.

I think she has to be herself and not try and "act" these people who interview do this for a living and can spot BS from 100 miles away. Tell her to try and not be nervous, express her excitement and desire and most of all, be herself. If she's good enough to get an interview, she's good enough to get in!

Send pic to apowie@yahoo.com please :overhead:

That's not bad. I can post a pic here if I get some more good advice.

When in doubt.....just be yourself. :ninja:

She sounds like a smart kid already. Being fake, and sugar coating something too much would only hurt that.

horrible advice for me :overhead:

horrible advice for me :overhead:

Then what is good advice?

Besides being un-edjr like.

I just asked a good friend here at work that just left a recruiting position at Purdue’s school of Engineering in October. The first words out of her mouth were "tell her to make sure she is herself. They'll know right away if she's putting on an act"

She also said not to act overly excited or eager to get in as this might come across as desperate.

On of my best, if not THE best, workers is starting college next year. She (Ds and drop-dead gorgeous) has already been accepted to Villanova and UNCW, but wants Princeton. I want her there too, because it will keep her close to the shop in case I need her to work a weekend or 2.

Anyway, she has a rep from Princeton coming down to meet with her tomorrow, so I was wondering what the best thing for her to do at that interview would be. It's a married woman doing the interviewing, so anal probably isn't the answer. Should she "be herself" or would it make sense to act like Princeton is a life long dream of hers, and act accordingly? She wants to go there, but I'm sure she would be fine going to one of the other schools.

Any advice would be sweet. :thumbsup:

Dine at the Y :dunno:

:unsure: :banana: :banana:

I agree with the others.

It's always best to be genuine and just be yourself.

if she's really is princeton material, she ain't getting in by listening to you.

:thumbsup:

:tapsfoot:

Fock! I didn't realize this was an Igles Green fishing trip. Just like the SAW pics we will never see this chick either :thumbsup:

Fock! I didn't realize this was an Igles Green fishing trip. Just like the SAW pics we will never see this chick either :thumbsup:

Look up cumface.

Look up cumface.

Hey good friend, whats the password for the rest of your pics? :thumbsup:

Hey good friend, whats the password for the rest of your pics? :thumbsup:

Notachance

Notachance

That did not work :lol:

is the "N" suppose to be capitalized?

:dunno: :lol: :overhead:

Is that Natalee Hollaway? :)

Wow, she's hot. rubrubrub... where was I? Oh yeah...

I used to do interviews for college admission, so my advice is:

- Show interest in Princeton, with confidence and supportable evidence. Not "yeah, Brooke Shields went there so DUH!@#" but why she feels Princeton is the right place for her specific interests and growth potential.

- Highlight what she will bring to the student environment. Other than... the obvious. Why would Princeton benefit from her being there?

- With a married woman interviewing, dress professionally, not sleazy. She is selling her mind and capabilities, not body. Which is amazing btw. :)

- For every interview in any situation, have an answer to: "Tell me about yourself." This is the killer interview question, and should be answered in two minutes or less with a strong story of why they should hire (admit) you and what you bring to the company (school). It also has a bonus of steering the questions into areas which the interviewee is comfortable with.

Prolly too late, but HTH.

where did they get their freakin kick ass sunglasses ????

for some odd reason the one on the far left reminds me of brian bozworth??? :pointstosky:

Any advice would be sweet. :overhead:

Villanova, UNCW...and Princeton? She might be setting her sights a little high with Princeton. I have a sister that went to Princeton and a brother that went to UNCW. If she goes to Princeton, she wont have the time to come back and work for your dumb asss on the weekend. Or the desire for that matter.

On the other hand, she is a dead on ringer in terms of looks for the girls that go to UNCW: hot, sort of dirty looking, looks like she could be talked into anal and/or a threesome.

She should go to UNCW and not sweat it, its a good school.

Also, its sort of creepy that you are involving yourself to this extreme in this matter. HTH.

Hot chick in bikini and you are looking at the sunglasses??

How ghey are you? :dunno:

They sent him nekkid pics. :dunno:

On the other hand, she is a dead on ringer in terms of looks for the girls that go to UNCW: hot, sort of dirty looking, looks like she could be talked into anal and/or a threesome.

Her friend in the middle is the one that would do anal in a heartbeat. Christ, she'd probably request it! :dunno:

Also, its sort of creepy that you are involving yourself to this extreme in this matter. HTH.

Yeah, trying to help out a good friend/employee is a real sh!tty thing to do. :thumbsup:

Any advice would be sweet. :dunno:

Princeton grad who used to do these interviews. Not fishing. (Most kids get interviewed by alumni, as opposed to folks from the admissions office.)

These things tend to go best when the student is just being him/herself. Being enthusiastic about Princeton is fine, but overdoing it is a turnoff.

That being said, the interview is a very small part of the application. Her grades, activities, awards/honors, and what she writes on the application are bigger factors. (SATs are not, really, as long as they don't suck.) The main purpose of the interview is to draw out things that might not have shown up otherwise.