Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

*** OFFICIAL *** Giants at Green Bay thread

It's not the same Packer team either. Back then, they had to pass 40 times/game. Now then can both run and pass. I don't see the Giants winning this game, but I also don't see a blowout. Harris/Woodson should be able to handle Plaxico/Toomer again. It's going to come down to whether they can stop Jacobs/Bradshaw. If they do that, they should win by about 10.

Giants have to do what Seattle couldn't.

-get to Favre

-stop the run

-run the ball

I think they can do 1 out of those 3. - Get to Favre.

If the Packers play the way they did vs Seattle, the Giants have no shot. If they don't, who knows. Thats why they play the games and I'm not going to write off anyone at this point. Giants are on a roll.

How will Eli handle 8 degree weather?

I don't see how the Giants can win this week, but then again I really didn't think the Giants would end up winning against Dallas (although I thought it would be close). Manning has played really good mistake-free football, but he's not really winning the games for them. Burress has done next to nothing. I see the Pack loading up against the run and forcing Manning to beat them. With the two corners we have and the safety help, I think this should be a win. The Giants have been excellent so far in the playoffs, but they've just got too many injuries to hang with the Pack in this one.

I know this sounds like a cop out but the team that executes the best and has the fewest turn overs will win. It could go either way.

I don't see how the Giants can win this week, but then again I really didn't think the Giants would end up winning against Dallas (although I thought it would be close). Manning has played really good mistake-free football, but he's not really winning the games for them. Burress has done next to nothing. I see the Pack loading up against the run and forcing Manning to beat them. With the two corners we have and the safety help, I think this should be a win. The Giants have been excellent so far in the playoffs, but they've just got too many injuries to hang with the Pack in this one.

I can see how you think this, but I don't know how you can discount a team after SD and NYG winning yesturday.

I see the Pack loading up against the run and forcing Manning to beat them.

Ask the Bucs how that worked for their #1 ranked passing defense. They loaded up the box and dared Eli to beat them...and he did. I'm not saying the same thing will happen this week, but Eli is playing as confidently as I've ever seen him. I really don't have a feel for this game right now, maybe I will later in the week.

This is not the same team from week 2.

Yeah... They'll be missing Ward and Shockey :dunno:

But the Packers will have Grant and Jennings for this game which they didn't for the first... Plus, the Packers have a very young team that has made tremendous progress over the season since that game. :(

I think we can throw week 2 out the window.... I expect the Packers to be much better...

I really like the Packers in this game. Ryan Grant has added a whole new element to this team allowing them to run the ball well and not rely on Favre to make big plays. This has reduced the INT's and we all know the less turnovers the better. I also remember seeing a report that the games the Giants lost and Eli played awful were all bad weather games. If it is cold and snowy that adds to the Packers advantages.

Giants are playing extremely well since that 0-2 start. They have a real shot here of winning. If weather is going to be an issue, i see it as a HUGE advantage to the Giants.

Packer Fans are acting just like the Cowboy fans last week.

This is going to be another close one.

Giants are playing extremely well since that 0-2 start. They have a real shot here of winning. If weather is going to be an issue, i see it as a HUGE advantage to the Giants.

Attention seeker.

Okay I'll ask. Why do you see it as a HUGE advantage to the Giants?

How? I see no chest thumping in this thread. Confidence in some posts with reasons for the confidence, but no arrogance.

And I guarantee you there are no Packer fans on this board that are the equivalent to pimptaddy.

I like the Packers in this game. First of all, the injuries to the Giants secondary could finally catch up to them, and the Green Bay secondary is much better than Dallas', so Eli will have to step up again....

Should be a good game though.

How? I see no chest thumping in this thread. Confidence in some posts with reasons for the confidence, but no arrogance.

And I guarantee you there are no Packer fans on this board that are the equivalent to pimptaddy.

Sorry I didn't mean it that way. I was referring to overlooking the NYG. This team is much better that the Seahawks and will fight to the end.

Sorry I didn't mean it that way. I was referring to overlooking the NYG. This team is much better that the Seahawks and will fight to the end.

Most certainly not. Anyone who would take the Giants for granted would be crazy. They've been one of the hottest teams in the NFL for weeks now. Their defensive front is scary. They have a good passing game and a very dangerous running game. They also have solid ST's.

Don't mistake this GB fan for the obnoxious NE fans who are already celebrating their perfect season.

Attention seeker.

Well, weather is the great equilizer. Miami nearly beat Pittsburgh in their bad weather game despite a huge disparity in talent. In extreme cases it can make any game almost a coin flip.

So obviously I feel that the Packers are still a better team than the Giants. If the weather is good enough to allow the Packers to do everything they're capable of doing and they limit mistakes, they should win pretty easily. I also expect the Giants to be a little emotionally spent after yesterday's game.

I get the sense the Giants are running on a lot of fumes right now. It's been a long season, lots of emotion, injuries are starting to add up. They'll sure have their hands full with Grant and Favre and Eli has struggled playing in the elements.

the way the locals focked up last weeks forecast..i wouldnt put anything into this weeks forecast yet..

itll be very cold...THAT, they cant mess up on..but will it snow or be windy? they dont know...

my question...

how are travelling giants fans? will they party hard and IF they lose..will they take it well? if so..its a nonstop good time party :headbanger:

are they like eagle/viking/bears fans looking for a fight?

This is not the same team from week 2.

I think Week 2 will have as much bearing on Sunday as the last time these two teams met in the Championship Game:

1961 Championship Game - GB 37, NYG 0

Any stupid ass Packer fans thinking this is an easy game, don't be stupid...each time in the last two weeks some team was happy to see the Wildcard GMen roll into town, they had their hat handed to them. :thumbsup:

If you think the Giants running game can't slash the Packers, if you think the NYG front 7 can't rattle Favre into being "Bad Brett", or you're relying on two hurt DB's to establish a blowout...you're out of your minds :ninja:

Let's just focus on getting business done, win the individual matchups, no mistakes, and be damn happy if we get out of there with a win.

everyone has pretty much a similar idea. "it will be a good game, but i think the pack will win." this is great to say but i have to admit i dont see it that way. it will be a bad game. the packers should win by 15 to 20 pts easily. guys...the weather will be cold as hell, the giants are beat up, yes they won vs dallas but thats a division game and a rivalry and i personally throw out the records when they play. they are emotionally spent and eli cant perform in these conditions. plaxico? he'll be lucky to catch one ball, hes a poorsport and will just want to go home. i dont blame him. also they beat the giants badly in week 2. the giants arent the same team? actually they are...their actually worse due to injuries. and that was even when gb didnt have a run game wich will be the biggest factor in the cold. throw in jacobs running style and uv got fumblitis written all over it. giants have no shot. im sorry.

I can see how you think this, but I don't know how you can discount a team after SD and NYG winning yesturday.

Not sure where you see me discounting the Giants. I stated facts about how Eli and Burress have done so far in the playoffs. Sure there's always a chance for an upset, but I still don't see the Giants having much of a chance given the way the Packers have been playing compared to the Giants. Factor in the injuries as well, and I think it's a Packer win. Nothing is easy in the playoffs, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them win by 10+ points. I just think the Giants have to be worn out by now. Losing Ross hurts allot too.

But I may be seeing things through homer glasses. :Mr-T:

Alot of these types of posts seem to have a wierd resemblance. Do people really think that just because GB fans think their team will/should win, that the Packers are going to overlook the Giants? Like the team reads these posts and sees most people choosing GB to win, so the Packers are going to start gearing up for the Patriots today.

Attention seeker.

Giants strength...Offensive line and Defensive line.

GB strength...WR and Secondary.

I don't need to explain the rest.

Not sure where you see me discounting the Giants. I stated facts about how Eli and Burress have done so far in the playoffs. Sure there's always a chance for an upset, but I still don't see the Giants having much of a chance given the way the Packers have been playing compared to the Giants. Factor in the injuries as well, and I think it's a Packer win. Nothing is easy in the playoffs, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them win by 10+ points. I just think the Giants have to be worn out by now. Losing Ross hurts allot too.

But I may be seeing things through homer glasses. :pointstosky:

GB beat a sorry a$$ Seattle team. Did anyone really think Seattle had a shot on the road against anyone?

GB beat a sorry a$$ Seattle team. Did anyone really think Seattle had a shot on the road against anyone?

The Giants beat a sorry ass Dallas team that couldn't even take advantage of their homefield advantage and was the first NFC #1 seed to lose their first playoff game.

(not taking anything away from the Gaints, just wanted to crack on the Cowboys)

I think this game will be a blow-out. The Giants played their super bowl last weekend, used everything they had for a very impressive and deserving victory. I don't think they have anything left. Combine this with the troubles Eli has had in bad weather (good games in NY, Tampa, and Dallas with good weather to end the year)...he even admitted it for Christ's sakes, and they have no chance. The Packers have their running game going, have Brett Favre, and are much the fresher team.

GB 42

NYG 10

yeah..seattle wouldve beaten dallas in dallas...

you cant be ignorant and think that seattle sucks because gb is on fire right now...

again, i wouldnt trust the forecast quite yet....tomorrow is the start of a major snowstorm that no one predicted 2 days ago...

the wind chills are not supposed to be above 0 for any part of the game...i hope favre feels like playing... :overhead:

Did you happen to see how they beat them? They took care of business.

This is going to be another close one.

GB fans annoy me to no end, but the giants are not that good. GB SHOULD dominate the g-men, like the Cowboys SHOULD have. the Cowboys killed themselves by being undisciplined, which starts with the head coach.

congrats to the giants on their win, but you're kiddin yourself if you think they are very good. i predict eli will fall apart.

The Giants beat a sorry ass Dallas team that couldn't even take advantage of their homefield advantage and was the first NFC #1 seed to lose their first playoff game.

(not taking anything away from the Gaints, just wanted to crack on the Cowboys)

yeah, cause seattle is so much better. sea v. gb wasn't even a game. it was a travesty.

updated sunday forecast..and i dont know if they are just saying things to try and get people riled up...

but 1 weather guy is saying after the 6 inch snowfall leaves town..sunday could be the 3rd coldest game in nfl history....

highs around -2 and wind chills at -25...THATS the first ive heard of any forecast that cold..but i can buy it.. its going to be even colder everywhere else...

oh well..back to a playoff game where only 3 cameras are able to be used :mad:

yeah, cause seattle is so much better. sea v. gb wasn't even a game. it was a travesty.

Dallas Blows bottom line.....Romo chokes, TO crys, and now they will lose their asst. coaches..(if not this year Garrett will go next year)

Dallas will fall apart before they ever win another playoff game.

If it's an extreme weather situation ... the better Defense should have the advantage.

I don't know. If it is just cold out the D should have the advantage. If its snowy sometimes the WR has the advantage because he knows where he's going and less likely to slip than a DB.

Either way the Running game is going to be a huge factor, and I love what GB can do there.

Green Bay 41 Giants 17

The Giants are going to get rolled! They have no chance and should just go home and have sex with their ugly women.

Green Bay 41 Giants 17

The Giants are going to get rolled! They have no chance and should just go home and have sex with their ugly women.

I agree, think of how bad of a game it would have been if Dallas managed to beat those sad Giants?

yeah..seattle wouldve beaten dallas in dallas...

you cant be ignorant and think that seattle sucks because gb is on fire right now...

again, i wouldnt trust the forecast quite yet....tomorrow is the start of a major snowstorm that no one predicted 2 days ago...

the wind chills are not supposed to be above 0 for any part of the game...i hope favre feels like playing... :unsure:

Um....you are the one being ignorant. The seahags lost on the road to the Panthers, Cardinals and Falcons, and should have lost to the Rams too (those are real juggernaut teams BTW)....so yes, seattle sucks and they would have lost to any NFC team on the road in the playoffs.

Next time, bring facts, not your delusional homerism. HTH :thumbsup:

I agree, think of how bad of a game it would have been if Dallas managed to beat those sad Giants?

Dallas would have beaten Green Bay.