Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

Super Bowl Party Betting Games

Hey guys I'm going to a super bowl party and besides the traditional betting squares, what are some other betting games that could be used? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

i'm interested in this as well. i've never done anything other than just put money on the game. but since i dont care about the outcome really, i'd like to spice it up with some betting.

You can bet on anything...it's the SB! We usually bet on what the topic of the next commercial will be...car, beer, computers, etc.; we play poker all day; we have a printout of prop bets and put like $10 or $20 down and the person with the most correct wins. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but there are a ton of things to bet on.

You can bet on anything...it's the SB! We usually bet on what the topic of the next commercial will be...car, beer, computers, etc.; we play poker all day; we have a printout of prop bets and put like $10 or $20 down and the person with the most correct wins. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but there are a ton of things to bet on.

Thats what we do too, bet on what the next commercial will be. Bet on the coin flip, who wins the flip, who'll end up receiving the opening kickoff, does the opening kickoff reach the endzone, is the kickoff brought out past the 25 yard line, penalty on the opening kickoff?? over under on rec/rush yards for a specific player (we usually use 100 yards as the #) Passes attempted over/under, will there be a special teams TD or def TD, will there be a FG over 40 yards, any TD plays over 50 yards, etc.. and thats bets you can make before the game even starts. We usually bet one on one , (one person vs the other for each bet), never set it up on a board with winner take all I don't want tto track it all game (but theres usually 40-50 people betting , so if your with a smaller # it wouldn't be so bad I guess), but depending on if the people your with like to gamble, a board would be the cheaper way to go. (Fortunately the party I have is filled with gamblers who will bet on anything)

During the game we bet on what the next play will be (run or pass), will they get a 1st down, will the pass be completed. Who catches the next pass thrown, how will the possesion end (TD, FG, turnover, punt???) ETC???

Also, theres a ton of off the wall prop bets for the superbowl, haven't checked any yet but there usually some pretty good ones.

Also can set up some goofy drinking games (which helps with the betting, loosen people up, haha), a shot everytime they mention Peyton or Archie or Tiki or chug your beer when they mention "spygate" or dynasty or Jacobs takes himself out of the game limping. etc....

Couple of fun games we've played in the past:

1. Simple game. Grab a hat at start of the game. First person puts a buck in it. Hat keeps getting passed around after each play and each subsequent person puts a buck in it when they are holding it. Whoever is holding the hat on the play where one teams scores any points keeps the $ in it. Start again after each score.

2. Fantasy type game: Write the name of all skill players and kickers, Team D on a piece of paper and put in a hat/bowl. For say $5-$10 you can pick a name out. Whoever is holding the name of the player that scores takes the pot. Start over after each score.

Everytime Junior Seau does his fist pump everyone must drink. Make sure to bring lots of alchohol as this game was invented so that we can tolerate his stupid shtick. :rolleyes:

Best prop bet we have done is the first team to lose a helmet.

Things will be all quiet until that first helmet hits the field...and then your party will erupt. Good times.

Drink every time the Patriots cheat. You will be drunk by the second quarter. Alcohol poisoning will occur by halftime. And you will most likely be dead by the time the game is over.

:rolleyes:

Everytime Junior Seau does his fist pump everyone must drink. Make sure to bring lots of alchohol as this game was invented so that we can tolerate his stupid shtick. :wall:

Drink every time the Patriots cheat. You will be drunk by the second quarter. Alcohol poisoning will occur by halftime. And you will most likely be dead by the time the game is over.

:overhead:

At least you guys don't whine, I think thats the important thing. The Chargers should sign you guys up, you'd fit right it with the whiney bitches over there.

At least you guys don't whine, I think thats the important thing. The Chargers should sign you guys up, you'd fit right it with the whiney bitches over there.

Truth Hurts. :wall: Shame those :first: are stained and tainted. :overhead: :banana: :banana:

Truth Hurts. :wall: Shame those :first: are stained and tainted. :overhead: :banana: :banana:

They look nice and shiney to me. There's no * in the record book as much as you wish there was. The Patriots paid their fine and its over now. The Patriots will be adding #4 to the mantle this week and theres no amount of whining thats going to change that.

One our games is a fantasy football sheet $5 per

Pick

1 qb

1 rb

2wr

1te

1def

1 coach

Use whatever scoring you're comfortable with,at the bottom also include some prop bets for bonuses,coin flip,1st FG,1st TD etc.

Use final score as a tiebreaker(which we've never had)

Couple of fun games we've played in the past:

1. Simple game. Grab a hat at start of the game. First person puts a buck in it. Hat keeps getting passed around after each play and each subsequent person puts a buck in it when they are holding it. Whoever is holding the hat on the play where one teams scores any points keeps the $ in it. Start again after each score.

2. Fantasy type game: Write the name of all skill players and kickers, Team D on a piece of paper and put in a hat/bowl. For say $5-$10 you can pick a name out. Whoever is holding the name of the player that scores takes the pot. Start over after each score.

Like these ideas,definitely going to try the first one

There's no * in the record book as much as you wish there was.

There doesn't need to be. :overhead:

Thats what we do too, bet on what the next commercial will be. Bet on the coin flip, who wins the flip, who'll end up receiving the opening kickoff, does the opening kickoff reach the endzone, is the kickoff brought out past the 25 yard line, penalty on the opening kickoff?? over under on rec/rush yards for a specific player (we usually use 100 yards as the #) Passes attempted over/under, will there be a special teams TD or def TD, will there be a FG over 40 yards, any TD plays over 50 yards, etc.. and thats bets you can make before the game even starts. We usually bet one on one , (one person vs the other for each bet), never set it up on a board with winner take all I don't want tto track it all game (but theres usually 40-50 people betting , so if your with a smaller # it wouldn't be so bad I guess), but depending on if the people your with like to gamble, a board would be the cheaper way to go. (Fortunately the party I have is filled with gamblers who will bet on anything)

During the game we bet on what the next play will be (run or pass), will they get a 1st down, will the pass be completed. Who catches the next pass thrown, how will the possesion end (TD, FG, turnover, punt???) ETC???

Also, theres a ton of off the wall prop bets for the superbowl, haven't checked any yet but there usually some pretty good ones.

Also can set up some goofy drinking games (which helps with the betting, loosen people up, haha), a shot everytime they mention Peyton or Archie or Tiki or chug your beer when they mention "spygate" or dynasty or Jacobs takes himself out of the game limping. etc....

This is the kind of think I was hoping to find online somewhere...I thought I saw a website that had a game like this, I'll try to look for it. Anyone know of anything like that?

Red Rover Red Rover :music_guitarred:

Good because there isn't one. :lol:

Cause it's just a well known fact...just tonight they mentioned spygate on ESPN. It's not going away. Three superbowls by three points each with a cloud of cheating hanging over it =

Get 1 deck of cards

pull out A-10 and put it in a hat

Everyone puts in $5.00

Everyone picks 1 card from the hat

Whom ever has the card that is the combined score of the last 2 numbers wins the pot.

Repeat every quarter.

Example:

End of first quarter sore is pats 14 - Ny 7

4 + 7 = 11 therefore whomever has the Ace wins.

End oF 2nd quarter score: NE-20 NY-10

0+0=0 whomever holds the 10 wins.

I'm probably not explaining this very well, but it's a fun game