Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

IBL 2008?

Just looking to get an idea as to who intends to participate in the IBL on behalf of FFT this year.

Returning participants commiting thus far

adam smitty

Fumbleweed

Dan

RLLD

Moz

NEW CANDIDATES

- Patriotsfatboy1

- jocstrap

- Little Big Head

I have decided to retire and open my slot for new blood.Best of luck to the 2008 team,I really enjoyed representing this board for many years.

I'm in again for at least one more year. Looks like we're going to need some new people, though, so pretty soon, we're going to have to begin to discuss that.

I'm back. My schedule has been crazy for the first part of the offseason, but I will be ready to go. Time to discuss the multiple openings.

We can fill openings in one of two manners, IMHO, either through nomination, or application....

I propose that existing team members can nominate someone, and those individuals will get the first look, but we should also allow interested parties to apply and give them just as much of a chance.

We can fill openings in one of two manners, IMHO, either through nomination, or application....

I propose that existing team members can nominate someone, and those individuals will get the first look, but we should also allow interested parties to apply and give them just as much of a chance.

Completely agree.

Count me in for one more season - I cannot let my self go out like last season :ashamed: :thumbsup:

Also isn't there already a post regarding this on the IBL bored on TDZ ?

I am good with this and likely fine with whoever as long as the person chosen is a person thats been here for a while either on Main or geek bored and isn't a total douche.

I am good with this and likely fine with whoever as long as the person chosen is a person thats been here for a while either on Main or geek bored and isn't a total douche.

Agreed, you slip in under this though.... :thumbsup:

Sounds good.

Agreed, you slip in under this though.... :dunno:

Yeah I know but I joined before the rule became law :huh: thus I am exempt ! :angry:

From what I understand, the league is adding a bunch of expansion teams this year.

When is the draft date/time of most needed commitment? Vacation is calling my name August 1-8 and I will be intoxicated for 24 hours X 6 straight days at that time :first: :wub: :Mr-T: :thumbsdown: . All that focking trading and 49 seperate mixing of teams would have to be spelled out to me in coherent examples. Other than that, I would be honored to represent FFtoday in an active way.

To those who are asking about details, I will give you enough to understand the concept.

The IBL (InterBoard League) consists of multiple internet boards (5 last year, which we'll use for discussion's sake; talk of more this year) playing against each other. Each board has 12 owners representing it, each of whom will draft his/her own team, but with an eye toward the Board Team.

Five drafts will take place, in staggered succession. At one point, all five drafts will be going on. Trading between drafts is completely allowed, expected, and virtually necessary if you wish to field a competitive Board Team. Somewhere mid-to-late July the first two being, followed a week later by two more, and the last a week later. Each board will be represented in all five drafts (3,3,2,2,2), which each board holding one pick at each drafting position. If you're good, we'll allow a vacation, provided that you work with your team. People like me have to be there the whole time. :pointstosky:

Time commitment is higher than your average league, because you are competing not just for yourself, but for 11 other owners who are counting on you not becoming CardMe. :doublethumbsup:

The season is divided into two sections - Regular season and playoffs - and each team competes in all of them. During the regular season, each team plays four other teams (from the other boards) each week. At the end of the regular season, the teams are ranked by record, and set into three tiers to play off against the teams closest to them.

At the end, a winner is declared.

Any questions? :)

From what I understand, the league is adding a bunch of expansion teams this year.

I think thats a possibility :thumbsdown: if it happens though as it's usually not until maybe June when the Commish's start disscusing .

Anyway - I think I remember the league thinking of moving toward a dismember / disembowelment team strategy for next year and if we continue on that train of thought you definitley need to be up for consideration ! :thumbsdown: :overhead:

This is a really fun league guys, the draft is one of the most interesting and unique fantasy experiences there is. Team fantasy football is NOTHING like you've ever done before, but this is how it should be played. This league does take a LOT of time, mainly during the drafting weeks but its worth it!

I'd be interested in participating. I'm not sure I understand how it works, but I'm always up for a good challenge. I understand others might have priority, but please add my name to the list of possible candidates.

I am heavily against this. The five-draft thing is tough enough to keep up with as it is. What's nine drafts going to be like? If they decide to do this, it may become something bigger than I'm willing to mess with.

I am heavily against this. The five-draft thing is tough enough to keep up with as it is. What's nine drafts going to be like? If they decide to do this, it may become something bigger than I'm willing to mess with.

What if they expanded the existing drafts to accommodate more players - 14 player, 16 player, etc.

I have to be honest on this. I am more than willing to put forth considerable effort. However, if Fumble is out, then I have to be out. I don't want to seem like a newbie making demands and I consider my post count (as pathetic as it is) as evidence, but if there is a solid contributor like Fumble that considers this to be a burden, then I should tell you now that I am not comfortable.

In other words, if Fumbleweed is going to be in, then I am going to go balls to the wall with respect to effort. If he thinks that it is too complicated to make sense in his life, then I am out.

Cool?

so what boards are involved in this competition?

This past year:

Football Guys (1st)

FFToday (2nd)

FFLivewire (3rd)

The Huddle (4th)

KFFL (5th - 1st year)

This past year:

FFLivewire (3rd)

Actually, it was FSW (Fantasy Sports Wire)

as anti FFLW as I am - I would have to say it maybe should be FFLW as FSW is like a dead bored anyway.

I would agree with NOT expanding though it might be a good thing if someone was good at organizing it and could pull it off.

Maybe throw Fanball , TDZ, Sanctuary , Roto in as well ?

that said I like it as it is anyway.

Duh. Thanks. :overhead:

Have any of you heard of the Fantasy Sharks site? It is pretty decent, and I think a few silverbacks are actually over there.... :music_guitarred:

Have any of you heard of the Fantasy Sharks site? It is pretty decent, and I think a few silverbacks are actually over there.... :bench:

You mean this one: http://www.fantasysharks.com? If so, then I know them. I have lurked there for a long time and can vouch that there are a lot of smart people there who know what they're doing. If you get the good people interested, they'd field some pretty significant competition.

You mean this one: http://www.fantasysharks.com? If so, then I know them. I have lurked there for a long time and can vouch that there are a lot of smart people there who know what they're doing. If you get the good people interested, they'd field some pretty significant competition.

That would be the one, I typically post over there on occasion, mainly when this site is down. I tried to get them in during the last replacement run but i guess it didn;t work out. I think they would bring great value to the mix if the opportunity arises.

I think we should invite FFLW into the mix as well. Some familiar faces over there, would make for a good rivalry :wub:

Lots of great replacement canidates on this site. It will not be hard reloading. Don't forget Gobble. He just missed under the wire last season, and would bring plenty of attitude. Philly would be a great addition as he already plays for the FFT banner in another league!

Dr. Octopus is another guy that I think we should consider.

I'd like to throw my name in the hat, but I don't think I'll have the time to commit to it this year.

GL though guys once you get it going. :overhead:

Dr. Octopus is another guy that I think we should consider.

If he wants in, I think there's more than a few people that could vouch for Dr. Oct.

If he wants in, I think there's more than a few people that could vouch for Dr. Oct.

If DO wants in and we already got it filled - he can have my spot. He's a good player and solid guy - definite vouch !

If not to late I would like to take part in this. I will be active and will not disappoint give someone a chance who been on this board for years original handle road dawgs nowroad cats. I don't post much but don't let that deter you away from me. Let me prove my worth :rolleyes:

If not to late I would like to take part in this. I will be active and will not disappoint give someone a chance who been on this board for years original handle road dawgs nowroad cats. I don't post much but don't let that deter you away from me. Let me prove my worth :P

Resume'?

:rolleyes: