Sign in to follow this  
Rattlesnake

Opening Day 2008

This is the year that the Yankees get back to winning the World Series. :D :overhead:

:bmoney: yeah, but they bought the best team...wah!:bmoney:

Dunno about y'all, but for me, "opening day" isn't really OD unless / until you're opening at your home field. Sux that we have an away game for OD.

'Course, if everybody got to have OD at their home field, it would be a really boring OD...

I get outta work at 4 and my Mets play at 4:10 baby!! :overhead:

I'll have a cold one cracked by 4:05 :D

Didn't Baseball already start? :unsure:

Different opening days.

First official game was played out of the U.S. and many did not get to see it because it was on at 6 am here,

Last night was the official opening day for the U.S.

Today is the opening day for many of the rest of the league.

Different opening days.

First official game was played out of the U.S. and many did not get to see it because it was on at 6 am here,

Last night was the official opening day for the U.S.

Today is the opening day for many of the rest of the league.

Yea I was just being stupid.

Fact is the real opening day has passed. Nothing to get excited about other than your favorite team.

Opening day was in Japan, not here in teh US.

Laying around all day hungover and watching games. Cabrera just went deep for the Tigers, that didnt take long. Focking MLB package isnt showing the games today, its all ESPN :rolleyes:

In related news, YOUR Anaheim Angels of Anaheim are going to win the World Series, its science

Totally sux. We're playing the Padres on the left coast. 9:05pm my time. I'll be passed out by then. :thumbsdown:

Opening day was in Japan, not here in teh US.

Sounds like another brilliant move by MLB. :thumbsdown:

Fukudome hits a 3 run blast to tie the game in the bottom of the ninth.

A star is born

Twins win! Twins win! Twins win!

:sings: Hooray for the Minnesota Twins today :thumbsdown:

This is the year that the Yankees get back to winning the World Series. :thumbsdown: :blink:

:bmoney: yeah, but they bought the best team...wah!:bmoney:

good..im glad the thought is hanging over people like a cloud of guilt... :wacko:

put it this way...your teams out in boston and new york have a salary over twice as much as the others..you BETTER win...

either a team overcomes the salary situation or a team buys a title...im glad u see what category the yankees are in....

Fukudome hits a 3 run blast to tie the game in the bottom of the ninth.

A star is born

It was hit off of a washed up old closer with a noodle arm.

focking steamed up glasses...what the...the guy may be out of gas as it is..but to not be able to see?.... :blink:

french canadiens are wierd....

all he can see is 1-0 and no retarded blue W flag at wrigley....lee elia called, he said walk home, you jobless, waste of life cubs fans :thumbsdown:

good..im glad the thought is hanging over people like a cloud of guilt... :thumbsdown:

put it this way...your teams out in boston and new york have a salary over twice as much as the others..you BETTER win...

either a team overcomes the salary situation or a team buys a title...im glad u see what category the yankees are in....

THat is near the top of many reasons why I don't like Baseball. What do the Marlins have? I thought I saw 21 Mil opening day roster.

The gap between them and the Yankees is crazy. My Dad, Grampa, and so on were/are big Yankee fans, old school Italians who live in the State of NY, so its expected. I have rooted for the Yankees growing up, not ever really getting into Baseball tho. But I'd root for them to win it every year. Whenever they win though it doesn't feel that great, they are supposed to win.

The gap in in salaries is just stupid, money gets tossed around like beans for the big market teams. To guys who get to bat 4 times a game and run around bases, or stand in the outfield, or pitch once a week.

Chi Cubs AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG

Theriot, SS 5 0 0 0 0 2 0 .000

Soriano, LF 5 0 0 0 0 2 0 .000

Lee, 1B 5 1 1 0 0 2 0 .200

Ramirez, 3B 3 1 0 0 1 0 0 .000

Fukudome, RF 3 1 3 3 1 0 0 1.000

DeRosa, 2B 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 .000

Soto, C 2 0 0 0 2 1 0 .000

Pie, CF 4 0 1 0 0 2 4 .250

a-Ward, PH 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000

b-Fontenot, PH 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000

Cant deny hes off to a good start

Laying around all day hungover and watching games. Cabrera just went deep for the Tigers, that didnt take long.

It wasn't enough... how 'bout them Royals! :thumbsdown:

It wasn't enough... how 'bout them Royals! :banana:

The law of averages say they're due. The last adult league I played in I was on the Royals, our pitching staff was very kind to the hitters which lead me to think its universal :thumbsdown:

THat is near the top of many reasons why I don't like Baseball. What do the Marlins have? I thought I saw 21 Mil opening day roster.

The gap between them and the Yankees is crazy. My Dad, Grampa, and so on were/are big Yankee fans, old school Italians who live in the State of NY, so its expected. I have rooted for the Yankees growing up, not ever really getting into Baseball tho. But I'd root for them to win it every year. Whenever they win though it doesn't feel that great, they are supposed to win.

The gap in in salaries is just stupid, money gets tossed around like beans for the big market teams. To guys who get to bat 4 times a game and run around bases, or stand in the outfield, or pitch once a week.

1 thing that is forgotten...the cap not only keeps the red sox, yanks, mets and cubs from trying to buy a title..it forces the marlins and royals to spend a minimum and not gut the roster...its a win-win...

Laying around all day hungover and watching games. Cabrera just went deep for the Tigers, that didnt take long. Focking MLB package isnt showing the games today, its all ESPN :bench:

In related news, YOUR Anaheim Angels of Anaheim are going to win the World Series, its science

do you have cable or direct tv? i have cable and the games were all on the hockey channels..they are there...hopefully for you as well...

I just ordered a Theriot jersey! :bench:

Cubbies need to find a closer, then we are golden! Wood is a dead arm!

why did Sweet Lou bring his closer in a 0-0 game? what was he closing? Thank God he took out marmol, who is a flat out stud on the mound. Take out the live arm and bring in yesterdays trash :lol:

marmol should be the closer...i hope the cubs leave wood in there for a month or so...that should equal a few blown saves..

It wasn't enough... how 'bout them Royals! :overhead:

:thumbsup: