Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Detroit Tigers

Well played game by both teams. Very good effort by Nate, settled in nicely after allowing the 4 runs in the 4th.

I'll say it again.. I HATE the way Leyland manages his Pitchers...so often he leaves his SP's in too long yet last night he pulls Robertson after 7 complete inning and a pitch count of 89. He had retired 10 in a row before giving the ball over to Bautista for the 8th...whom came in and did his best to have this game blow up completely. He made it thru the 8th unscathed but Nate should've got the ball in the 8th and faced one batter at a time until the pitch count reached about 110 or he allowed a baserunner.

I swear Leyland thinks he's playing MLB 2K8 the way he juggles his lineup.

Explain to me this.....why in God's name does Cabrera get yanked in the 8th in a one run game which leaves only Marcus Thames to play 1B...another HORRIBLE coaching move...should we tie it and go to extra's we are w/o one of the hottest and bestest batters in the game and now we have a defensive liability at 1B.

His knee jerk reaction into the switch between Guillen & Cabrera came far too early in the season.... this is not XBOX you old, senile fvck.

did I mention I don't like Leyland :dunno:

Sheff tried to bounce into another DP but got helped out :thumbsdown:

Was at the game and we were all cracking up when they walked Polanco ahead of him...and then they got what they were looking for and blew it. :cry:

The other thing that got to most of us was Leyland leaving Galaragga in to face Izturis when he was clearly slipping (the no-hit ending triple in the 5th plus the bad error he made to start the 6th).

When is old man Leyland going to pull his head out of his focking ass. Way to have the best hitting on your team batting with no one on each time. Sheffield should not be playing let alone batting 3rd, he shoudl just focking retire right now what an absoltue Piece of ###### wwaaah mys houlder.

Leyland needs to get him out of the 3 hole and maybe even Egg Head out of the 2nd spot until he hits.

Maybe Jaque #2 and Renteria #3

anyone see the balk? I was listining from the other room and missed it.

anyone see the balk? I was listining from the other room and missed it.

Was a balk but some close to shady calls going against Detroit.

Jones tried to steal 2nd and was a really close play. Granderson got picked off on a really close play, then Matthews held down Guillen so he couldn't get the ball and no call was made.

Anyways I did it again I bet the Tigers score over 4.5 runs :music_guitarred:

Angels are better than any other team in the history of ever

:music_guitarred:

Dont take it real, but if we were fully healthy...WOW

Bye Grilli :doublethumbsup:

I like the move.

I heard they are bringing up the kid that was having visa problems.

Cruticia or something.

Bye Grilli :pointstosky:

:music_guitarred:

I'm sure Grilli will do better in thinner air. :lol:

I like the move.

I heard they are bringing up the kid that was having visa problems.

Cruticia or something.

"They will be adding right-handed reliever Francisco Cruceta, now warming up at Triple-A Toledo. He has been devastating since he emerged last week from two months of visa problems to begin his big league tuneup.

Cruceta's first inning with the Mud Hens was, uh, impressive: He struck out the side on 10 pitches. He struck out six in his three-inning stint and never allowed a ball out of the infield.

In three appearances for the Mud Hens, Cruceta has pitched seven innings, struck out 15, allowed two hits and walked three. He has a fastball that he can spot at 94-95 mph, a slider that is not much fun and a malevolent split-finger, his out-pitch, the pitch he has developed during the past 18 months that has made a 26-year-old former minor leaguer a definite big league addition."

"They will be adding right-handed reliever Francisco Cruceta, now warming up at Triple-A Toledo. He has been devastating since he emerged last week from two months of visa problems to begin his big league tuneup.

Cruceta's first inning with the Mud Hens was, uh, impressive: He struck out the side on 10 pitches. He struck out six in his three-inning stint and never allowed a ball out of the infield.

In three appearances for the Mud Hens, Cruceta has pitched seven innings, struck out 15, allowed two hits and walked three. He has a fastball that he can spot at 94-95 mph, a slider that is not much fun and a malevolent split-finger, his out-pitch, the pitch he has developed during the past 18 months that has made a 26-year-old former minor leaguer a definite big league addition."

Said in Mr. Burns voice.

Excellent..............Excellent.

best player on the team, I've been getting tired of telling peeps I know: just wait till grandy is back

:dunno:

Shhhhhhaaaawwweeeep. 1st Tiger's sweep in NY since 66'.

Undermanned Yankers but needless to say, we've had our injury issues. It's nice to have the shoe on the other foot for a change.

Amazingly enough, the bullpen keeps holding and has been a strength. If the starters ever catch up, they will be real tough to beat the rest of the year.

We are only 3 games back of the whitesox and well within reach of the division leaders. Fock the bandwagon people who jumped off when we started slow.

We are only 3 games back of the whitesox and well within reach of the division leaders.

We are 1 1/2 games back.

Amazing to think after an 0-7 start. The division is either struggling or beating up on each other.

We are 1 1/2 games back.

Amazing to think after an 0-7 start. The division is either struggling or beating up on each other.

Sorry i am stoned and i just looked at the espn stats. Im a fockup. I know it. And knowing s half the battle. Go joe.

Note: never run on Pudge. Even if you get the steal, his throw will knock you the fock out.

(Also, damnit stop blowing things Pudge..bases loaded no out pop up).

Couple of things.

First. holy sh!t that looked like it hurt. Did that knock him out? He will be lucky if he does not have a concussion.

2nd I really don't like leland. We should have more runs right now but he refuses to play any kind of small ball.

3rd. Guillen should not be playing a position. He is a defensive liability no matter where he plays. He should be the full time DH. Either have gary play left field or trade/cut him.

Carlos focking Guillen can't play any focking position, make him full time DH

Amen. You are preaching to the choir.

The Tigers have reportedly designated outfielder Jacque Jones for assignment and replaced him with Matt Joyce.

That's one way to shake things up, though it hardly seems like the best way. Jones turned in an awful start last year, but he was one of the Cubs' best players after the break. Joyce will battle Marcus Thames and Ryan Raburn for at-bats while the Tigers look for someone better to take over in left field. Jones could find work quickly. The Padres figure to have to some interest, and the Marlins, who wanted him as their center fielder last summer, still have a hole there.

This better not be the "shakeup" that we have been hearing about. I would be happy with this had they brought clete up and made him the starter in LF.

Oh yeah, that completely solves all of our problems! With Jacque gone, Sheffield and Pudge will remember how to drive runners in, Carlos will learn how to stop a ground ball, and our starters will remember that inning 5 through 7 actually count as much as the first 4.

Sheffield into left field..could this mean..Carlos, DH?

Yeah, good luck with that...

We need to cut gary outright. Get rid of him and his bum shoulders.

Yeah so he really didnt "shake" up the batting order at all. Jones was a POS, and obviously Gary had to be moved down

I HATE how rod sucks sheffields d!ck EVERY time he comes to the plate.

He has a serious man crush on him.

Brandon Inge said Tuesday that he's willing to catch whenever needed and would be open to becoming the Tigers' starter behind the plate next season if Ivan Rodriguez isn't re-signed.

Inge initially balked at moving back to catcher, but has likely decided that playing regularly is more important than where he plays.

Nice to see inge coming around. I don't think pudge is going to be resigned anyway.

Sawx 4 - Kitties 1

In the series. 2 more games to go.

Brandon Inge said Tuesday that he's willing to catch whenever needed and would be open to becoming the Tigers' starter behind the plate next season if Ivan Rodriguez isn't re-signed.

Inge initially balked at moving back to catcher, but has likely decided that playing regularly is more important than where he plays.

Nice to see inge coming around. I don't think pudge is going to be resigned anyway.

Catcher is the only place you can justify that POS as a regular. He sucks. 24 Ks in 84 ABs. He strikes out more that JerrysSquids does. :overhead:

I HATE how rod sucks sheffields d!ck EVERY time he comes to the plate.

He has a serious man crush on him.

Rod Allen is a racist ... :banana:

Guillen should DH with Inge back at 3B

This Guillen/Cabrera lineup at the corners is killing us

Did I mention I can't stand Leyland....a monkey could do a better job with this team :lol:

Catcher is the only place you can justify that POS as a regular. He sucks.

:)

You obviously don't follow Tigers baseball... 3B is the only position he should play as a regular... He'd be a Gold Glover at 3B in due time if he played regularly.

Rod Allen is a racist ... :doublethumbsup:

Guillen should DH with Inge back at 3B

This Guillen/Cabrera lineup at the corners is killing us

Did I mention I can't stand Leyland....a monkey could do a better job with this team :wacko:

the problem is the team is loaded with DHs and 1bs...and little else. but, yeah, leyland needs to get over it already: your best 3rd-baseman on the roster is inge.

get rid of sheff, put inge at 3rd, guillen at 1st, cabrera dh.

the end.

Buying sheffields contract out would go a long way at getting better.

HOLY FOCKING SH!T.Did you see that? Leyland playing small ball?

Does not compute.

I have 3 players in fantasy on the tigers

Granderson 0-6

Miggy 1-4

Renteria 0-5

AWESOME

I have 3 teams this year.

One is a tigers team.

I drafted Miggy, mags, palanco, verlander, Jones, pudge.

I have miggy and mags still as starters and verlander is going to sit on the bench till he gets right. The others I cut.

I am in 9th out of 10.