Sign in to follow this  
Barnaby Wilde

Dolphins in negotiations

Jeff Darlington, of The Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have begun contract negotiations with University of Michigan OT Jake Long's agent, Tom Condon, regarding the prospect of selecting Long with their first overall selection in the 2008 NFL Draft. The Dolphins would prefer to have a contract in place with their first pick before the draft on April 26, to avoid a potential holdout.

And I'm sure they are also talking to Chris Long and Gholston as well about a contract.

Parcells is a guy who will have the #1 pick signed before the NFL draft starts, no matter who it is they are drafting. I'm sure Jake Long may be their first choice, but if contract talks don't go well, they will go to the next guy. They can't afford to wait until the start of the season like JaMarcus did last year.

The next Robert Gallery. :doublethumbsup:

I don't think so. Long has a mean streak, I think he's gonna be good.

The next Robert Gallery. :doublethumbsup:

The guy allowed two sacks his entire college career. He had maybe 2 penalties called agianst him too. Gholston had one of the sacks.

He has a stud like Jumbo Elliot (mich guy Parcells drafted 20+ years a go) and will anchor the line for a long time.

I don't think so. Long has a mean streak, I think he's gonna be good.

Actually, He'll probably be a good Pro...but it's so hard to say. You don't remember the Gallery hype? He's huge, strong, has mean streak, etc.

Actually, He'll probably be a good Pro...but it's so hard to say. You don't remember the Gallery hype? He's huge, strong, has mean streak, etc.

All you can do is go by their history. Long has the makings of a good OT for years to come. So did Gallery. It doesn't always work out that way. Look at D'Brick Ferguson in NY, has he lived up to the massive hype he received yet?

All you can do is go by their history. Long has the makings of a good OT for years to come. So did Gallery. It doesn't always work out that way. Look at D'Brick Ferguson in NY, has he lived up to the massive hype he received yet?

i think that line is gonna get wicked good here shortly. Ferguson and Mangold are gonna get a lot of help from Faneca. Even if he isn't the player he used to be, what a teacher to have next to you.

I can't think of any Michigan offensive linemen who've flamed out in the NFL.

As a Dolphin fan, I'm hoping they select OT Chris Long. I think the offense needs more work than the defense.

As a Dolphin fan, I'm hoping they select OT Chris Long. I think the offense needs more work than the defense.

:lol:

I hope they take Howie.

Jake is the OL

FYI, Parcells never drafted Elliot. George Young did.

My bad I thought it was Parcells. Regardless he knows Michigan produces solid O-lineman.

The next Robert Gallery. :angry:

Can't really go by Gallery, Oakland is where draft picks go to kill their careers before they even start. Only reason guys ever go there is for the huge money Davis throws around, most players can't get out of there fast enough.

I still think the Phins will end up with Chris Long when all is said and done. Talking contracts with a few different players gives Parcells some leverage in negotiations. They really can't go wrong with either Long, they need alot of help everywhere. Hopefully they can get a few more picks this year (trade #1 or trade Taylor??)

Parcells is a guy who will have the #1 pick signed before the NFL draft starts, no matter who it is they are drafting. I'm sure Jake Long may be their first choice, but if contract talks don't go well, they will go to the next guy. They can't afford to wait until the start of the season like JaMarcus did last year.

I think this is more a reflection off Al Davis than the Tuna. Even Mike Brown had Carson signed pre-draft.

In the last 10 years or so, when teams picking an OT, they usually pan out. Occasionally, you'll get a bust like Gallery but let's not forget about the guys who did pan out. Orlando Pace, Walter Jones and Jonathan Odgen to name a few. If I'm a Dolphin fan and they take Jake Long, I'd be happy.

Can't really go by Gallery, Oakland is where draft picks go to kill their careers before they even start. Only reason guys ever go there is for the huge money Davis throws around, most players can't get out of there fast enough.

I still think the Phins will end up with Chris Long when all is said and done. Talking contracts with a few different players gives Parcells some leverage in negotiations. They really can't go wrong with either Long, they need alot of help everywhere. Hopefully they can get a few more picks this year (trade #1 or trade Taylor??)

On a Viking site they had a rumor going McKinnie for Taylor. Since I've never been a Mckinnie fan I'm all for it. :thumbsdown: