Sign in to follow this  
Jetdoc

8th/9th Round Commentary

This is where some of the more valuable commentary comes into play, as those ??? players are taken. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the RBBC and 2nd wideouts that will be taken during this span, as we'll all be collectively scratching our heads over those players.

Caddy is a complete boom/bust pick here that COULD pay huge dividends. But as my RB4 in the 8th I think it's a worthy risk. Yes, I haven't filled my starting WR3 spot yet, but there are plenty of WRs at this tier IMO, none with as much upside as Caddy.

Caddy is a complete boom/bust pick here that COULD pay huge dividends. But as my RB4 in the 8th I think it's a worthy risk. Yes, I haven't filled my starting WR3 spot yet, but there are plenty of WRs at this tier IMO, none with as much upside as Caddy.

Couldn't agree more. Great logic here JC.

maybe its just me, but YIKES. :mad: youre going to be looking at a guy youre hoping to get triple digit points by the time you take a starter in the 10th.

maybe its just me, but YIKES. :rolleyes: youre going to be looking at a guy youre hoping to get triple digit points by the time you take a starter in the 10th.

I hear what you're saying Bomb, and I guess we'll see what's left at 9.11 which will determine if this gamble paid off. Then we can revisit this choice :wave:

One thing I think we'd all agree upon is that during the coarse of the season more WRs emerge out of the blue than any other position, especially with more and more 3 WR sets in the NFL these days. So if I'm going to slack on filling a starting roster spot it's WR3 in this format.

I hear what you're saying Bomb, and I guess we'll see what's left at 9.11 which will determine if this gamble paid off. Then we can revisit this choice :rolleyes:

One thing I think we'd all agree upon is that during the coarse of the season more WRs emerge out of the blue than any other position, especially with more and more 3 WR sets in the NFL these days. So if I'm going to slack on filling a starting roster spot it's WR3 in this format.

yeah, thats for sure. we'll see who you get to round out your WR corps, i just am shocked that someone would only have 2 in the first 8 rounds when we're not drafting TE, K, or D starters. :wave:

LOVE the burleson pick. talk about dynamite upside in a pass first offense with an awesome schedule. :rolleyes:

I like the Gonzalez pick here....plenty of upside with that pick for sure.

Two WR off the board who I was very seriously considering with my next selection!

Burleson is my WR sleeper of the yearas Engram and Branch are "over the hill" and Burelson should be the man in Seattle. He would have been my choice. Good pick guys-as always-taking the ones I would have.

But, I have 2 others I am still very high on, and hopefully one will make it my way in 5 picks.

I like the Gonzalez pick here....plenty of upside with that pick for sure.

Especially if Marvin is not back strong. I will be shocked if Marvin doesn't have another good year in him though. Nice pick regardless though.

There were several running backs I liked here, but Young has the most upside...particularly if Henry can't get his act together. I think he's worth a look at this point in most redrafts, if not a bit before this.

Considered Young at my pick and agree with his upside...course I've thought that many previous years with Den RBs and past couple of years settled to pass on Den RBs unless a player really dropped in draft and haven't regretted decision since.

Kutulu, honestly you comfortable with Garrard as your starter or just how draft fell?

You have some real solid prospects at 3 and 4 RBs so maybe that was trade off...just trying to get idea of your overall draft thinking and thoughts on Garrard overall.

Considered Young at my pick and agree with his upside...course I've thought that many previous years with Den RBs and past couple of years settled to pass on Den RBs unless a player really dropped in draft and haven't regretted decision since.

Kutulu, honestly you comfortable with Garrard as your starter or just how draft fell?

You have some real solid prospects at 3 and 4 RBs so maybe that was trade off...just trying to get idea of your overall draft thinking and thoughts on Garrard overall.

Garrard is a very safe choice as a starting fantasy QB. I don't think his upside is tremendous, but I think he'll perform like Steve McNair used to in his prime from a fantasy standpoint. Some rushing yards and a couple of rushing TDs, plus 20-24 passing TDs and 3,500 yards or so. Solid choice.

yeah, thats for sure. we'll see who you get to round out your WR corps, i just am shocked that someone would only have 2 in the first 8 rounds when we're not drafting TE, K, or D starters. :wall:

Just for the record Galloway was one of a few WRs I considered at 8.02.

:dunno: BOTH :mad:

well i gambled and lost. i was pretty confident cutler or garrard would make it to my 8.9 without any worries. i actually thought id possibly have a choice to make. thats my #5 and #6 QBs right there. just how the numbers came out. i really dont regret not taking cutler at 6.9 (over driver), or then panickedly taking garrard at 7.4 (over ahman) though. just didnt work out for me so i'll have to settle for guys i like a little less. oh well, you win some, you lose some. in a real draft i would just trade for what i wanted here, so no big deal.

Just for the record Galloway was one of a few WRs I considered at 8.02.

galloway's my #20 WR. hes the new kennison, overlooked every year cuz hes old, and gets those solid wr2/3 type numbers. i wouldve taken him if he fell any further.

galloway's my #20 WR. hes the new kennison, overlooked every year cuz hes old, and gets those solid wr2/3 type numbers. i wouldve taken him if he fell any further.

And actually who I also considered with my last pick.

As Bomb says, overlooked b/c boring pick and old but can pencil in 1000/5.

With that said (in interest of a different perspective) his numbers overall have fell each of last 3 years (my major concern is his rec totals going down) and he is getting up there in age and years played.

I shpould have known that Fumble had his eye on Young. Fumble does this every year. He grabs great value, late from the Rb pool. Great pick. I had Garrard on my short list for this pick behind Young and Galloway. I needed a bigger list. I will pick shortly.

:banana: BOTH :banana:

I was a little too buzzed last night to give more than a 1 word answer, :unsure:

but check out Garrard'd FF numbers after the bye week last year. Then remember that was his first year as a starting NFL QB. Not too bad...I'd roll with that :banana: Also, I wanted to try a different QB drafting route cause in my 2 leagues, the last 2-3 years, my QB has been either P. Manning or T. Brady.

i dont get the selvin love personally. i wont drop names, but i dont believe hes even the second RB there anymore. i can see the obvious upside but its been a good while now since any denver RB was worth a crap, and i just dont see someone worth everyone fawning over.

This selection won't garner much love, but that's not the point of a mock draft. I would have loved to have waited until the 9th to have chosen him, but couldn't take the chance, as the 6 selections other than Da Bombs were my concern. Chris Johnson immediately becomes this teams most dangerous weapon, and they did not grab him in the first round with the intention of letting him sit. He is not a tiny back, and at 5'11" and 205 lbs, carrying 4.02 speed, with great hands, he is a very versatile back. At this stage in his career, he is a better runner between the tackles then Westbrook was. I am not saying he is gonna be a better back, just that he has every tool to be just that, and to top it off he is very smart and hard working. I wanted this guy BAD! Fire away!

I was poised to take Garrard or Galloway at this point, and had Young and Johnson for the 5th pick in 9.

7:00... 8:30... 9:00.... :unsure:

I did plan on picking right when I got up, and got called out on a Ambulance run (transfer). Sorry, when that pager goes off Fantasy Football is 2nd! I wanted to look things over, and saw that Garrard and Galloway disappeared. When I went 10/8, we had staff meetings. I was at least able to notify. Sorry! :doh:

I did plan on picking right when I got up, and got called out on a Ambulance run (transfer). Sorry, when that pager goes off Fantasy Football is 2nd! I wanted to look things over, and saw that Garrard and Galloway disappeared. When I went 10/8, we had staff meetings. I was at least able to notify. Sorry! :unsure:

sorry, i was just teasing. i know stuff comes up, no big deal.

although...... all that for chris johnson? :doh:

This selection won't garner much love, but that's not the point of a mock draft. I would have loved to have waited until the 9th to have chosen him, but couldn't take the chance, as the 6 selections other than Da Bombs were my concern. Chris Johnson immediately becomes this teams most dangerous weapon, and they did not grab him in the first round with the intention of letting him sit. He is not a tiny back, and at 5'11" and 205 lbs, carrying 4.02 speed, with great hands, he is a very versatile back. At this stage in his career, he is a better runner between the tackles then Westbrook was. I am not saying he is gonna be a better back, just that he has every tool to be just that, and to top it off he is very smart and hard working. I wanted this guy BAD! Fire away!

I was poised to take Garrard or Galloway at this point, and had Young and Johnson for the 5th pick in 9.

come on, you know me better than that, i dont play cornered. how sure are you that im going to burn both picks on QBs here? ;)

also, that second bolded part is logic that continues to be used every year up against reality. i dont get it honestly. sometimes long term potential merits a wait before it can be reached.

robb - Martz has never historically used a TE in a positive way fantasy wise. However, he has also never had a TE as capable as VD. Do you think he will try to get TEs more involved this year than he has in the past? I'm not sure how good of a blocker he is, but I think that's what Martz likes to use them for primarily - except near the goal line.

List sent to Jetdoc.

Great....

Anyone can send lists to me, I'll always be around.

robb - Martz has never historically used a TE in a positive way fantasy wise. However, he has also never had a TE as capable as VD. Do you think he will try to get TEs more involved this year than he has in the past? I'm not sure how good of a blocker he is, but I think that's what Martz likes to use them for primarily - except near the goal line.

i thought it was a great pick, hes my #4 TE for the year. i think the "martz has never used a TE before" thing is overrated. vernon davis is a receiver period. he will get his looks early and often if he stays healthy, whether its as TE or in the slot or whatever else.

come on, you know me better than that, i dont play cornered. how sure are you that im going to burn both picks on QBs here? :banana:

also, that second bolded part is logic that continues to be used every year up against reality. i dont get it honestly. sometimes long term potential merits a wait before it can be reached.

The thought of you grabbing 2 QB's did cross my mind. With Garrard gone, Leinart was the next one on my list, but your pre-emptive post that I wasn't suppose to look at worked, :thumbsup: and the next Qb on my list should last till the next corner. I cannot wait to revisit the conversation on Johnson in about week 6.

The thought of you grabbing 2 QB's did cross my mind. With Garrard gone, Leinart was the next one on my list, but your pre-emptive post that I wasn't suppose to look at worked, :thumbsup: and the next Qb on my list should last till the next corner. I cannot wait to revisit the conversation on Johnson in about week 6.

so youre saying you had time to cheat and look at who i was going to pick, but not to make your own pick, in that 2 and a half hours?

I wish that we could change this next year to TE mandatory. I dont know many leagues anymore that have WR/TE combined. I dont think this mock will help most people see how a real draft will play out.

i dont get the selvin love personally. i wont drop names, but i dont believe hes even the second RB there anymore. i can see the obvious upside but its been a good while now since any denver RB was worth a crap, and i just dont see someone worth everyone fawning over.

I would call it Selvin interest or curiosity rather than "love". I'm not overly excited about the pick, but there is some potential there, especially if Henry is eventually cut.

I wish that we could change this next year to TE mandatory. I dont know many leagues anymore that have WR/TE combined. I dont think this mock will help most people see how a real draft will play out.

I would be in favor of that as well.

Great....

Anyone can send lists to me, I'll always be around.

I had a meeting for an hour this morning...of course, the selection was made right as I'm leaving.

Draft's moving crazy fast, so I think we're doing good pace-wise.

I'll think a bit about that...the reason that I trimmed out TE, K and DEF from the draft previously was to focus primarily on those players where we have questions...which usually are at the QB, RB and WR slots. TE's haven't had that much difference in their production historically.

However, with the crazy influx of good TE's in the NFL, it may be time to change that.