Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Is Obama's candidacy constitutional?

link

Bloggers are raising questions about Illinois Sen. Barack Obama's qualifications to be U.S. president, because of the secrecy over his birth certificate and the requirement presidents be "natural-born" U.S. citizens.

Jim Geraghty, reporting on the Campaign Spot, a National Review blog, cited the "unlikely" but still circulating rumor that Obama was born not within the United States, but elsewhere, possibly Kenya.

Geraghty defined the concerns most clearly, stating: "If Obama were born outside the United States, one could argue that he would not meet the legal definition of natural-born citizen … because U.S. law at the time of his birth required his natural-born parent (his mother) to have resided in the United States for '10 years, at least [f]ive of which had to be after the age of 16.'"

He then points out Ann Dunham, Obama's mother, was 18 when Obama was born "so she wouldn't have met the requirement of five years after the age of 16."

Geraghty continues: " (Interestingly, apparently there isn't much paperwork on Obama's parents' marriage. 'Obama: From Promise to Power,' page. 27: 'Obama later confessed that he never searched for the government documents on the marriage, although Madelyn (Obama's maternal grandmother) insisted they were legally married.' Also note that Obama's father apparently was not legally divorced from his first wife back in Kenya at the time, a point of contention that ultimately led to their separation.)"

The reports released to date show Obama was born in Honolulu to Barack Hussein Obama Sr., of Nyangoma-Kogelo, Kenya, and Ann Dunham, of Wichita, Kan.

According to FindLaw.com, which is cited by Geraghty, the requirements that were in force from Dec. 24, 1952 to Nov. 13, 1986, encompassing the time of Obama's birth, state, "If only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least 10 years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16."

Obama's father, a student sent to the United States from Africa, lived several places in the United States while attending class. He then returned to his homeland. Obama's mother later married another man and moved to Indonesia.

Geraghty said the Obama campaign could "debunk" the rumors about his birth simply by releasing a copy of his birth certificate, but the campaign has so far chosen not to do that.

So why does BO not just debunk this NOW??? Did he really not learn a thing from the Wright circus??? Nip this thing in the bud BEFORE it hits the main stream news media.

He needs to immediately denounce his mother and father and leave them so the media will ignore the story.

being a whiney little bi0tch makes him very tired I guess. :lol:

Are your lips attached to his ass? :doublethumbsup:

KPLGCHA

kpbuckey likes go colts hairy ass :pointstosky:

Can't wait for your witty 3rd grade comeback :cry:

being a whiney little bi0tch makes him very tired I guess. :dunno:

Nope. What makes me tired is constantly reading the inane bull$hit spewed forth by right-wing asshats like you. You and your kind are too focking dumb to live. :doublethumbsup:

Nope. What makes me tired is constantly reading the inane bull$hit spewed forth by right-wing asshats like you. You and your kind are too focking dumb to live. :doublethumbsup:

Be very, very careful. He's an internet tough guy. :dunno:

Really didn't read a word of the original post, but what I do find interesting is that it appears that the extreme right wingers are pretty scared of Obama. :doublethumbsup:

Really didn't read a word of the original post, but what I do find interesting is that it appears that the extreme right wingers are pretty scared of Obama. :dunno:

They are worried about what the coloreds will do if they take over the plantation. :doublethumbsup:

Nope. What makes me tired is constantly reading the inane bull$hit spewed forth by right-wing asshats like you. You and your kind are too focking dumb to live. :headbanger:

hell we gots 3 focking tards. I'm not a party hack like you. I think for myself.

judging from your education level, like when you claimed nuclear energy was sooo dangerous and bad for the environment, well lets just leave it at you are focking stupid. m'kay?

ruffin and football powers, here to do the usual 3rd grade name calling then run away to cry about people name-calling, priceless and spineless. :lol:

Maybe we won't have anyone to vote for

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/politics/28mccain.html

The question has nagged at the parents of Americans born outside the continental United States for generations: Dare their children aspire to grow up and become president? In the case of Senator John McCain of Arizona, the issue is becoming more than a matter of parental daydreaming.

hell we gots 3 focking tards. I'm not a party hack like you. I think for myself.

judging from your education level, like when you claimed nuclear energy was sooo dangerous and bad for the environment, well lets just leave it at you are focking stupid. m'kay?

ruffin and football powers, here to do the usual 3rd grade name calling then run away to cry about people name-calling, priceless and spineless. :lol:

:headbanger:

MOM!!! Internet tough guys is bullying me again :wall:

Been here 7 years and I do believe you take the award for the biggest Douche bag EVAH! My guess is you are a 300+ lb crapper bustin fatty (like gocolts) and you are angry at the world because you have been a social outcast your entire life. I'll quit making fun of you and start feeling sorry for you.

Oh and :lol: at you claiming you're not a "party hack and you think for yourself" Everyone on the bored knows this is a blatant lie. Bye bye......

I'm a puzzay stalker and everyone knows it. I want gocolts and kpbuckeye to pee on me. I want to bathe in their juices. someone please send me some pee or I will have to ask people in the bathroom again and get beat up. Its not as easy as the toe tapping. :lol:

come on over, i'll give you a golden shower. :headbanger:

come on over, i'll give you a golden shower. :headbanger:

:lol: Wow, you're even more focked up than I thought......Must have hit a soft spot. Was it the crapper busting fatty or the social outcast? No way I got both right.....or is there? :wall:

Maybe we won't have anyone to vote for

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/politics/28mccain.html

The question has nagged at the parents of Americans born outside the continental United States for generations: Dare their children aspire to grow up and become president? In the case of Senator John McCain of Arizona, the issue is becoming more than a matter of parental daydreaming.

Problem is the left knows if they try it with McCain it would be a huge backfire as he was born in a military installation while his family was stationed there on orders from the US Govt. But both of his parents were citizens...it is a bit different.

Im not saying the Obama thing has any real teeth...but if it does...it is quite a bit different than McCain's supposed issues that have already been laughed off.

what I do find interesting is that it appears that the extreme right wingers are pretty scared of Obama. :headbanger:

i have difficulty understanding why the rest of you aren't. he subscribes to communist principles, and his wife hates white people. how do either of those make him worthy of being the leader of the free world, or at least free until he becomes president.

:headbanger: Wow, you're even more focked up than I thought......Must have hit a soft spot. Was it the crapper busting fatty or the social outcast? No way I got both right.....or is there? :lol:

there is a pic of me up above you stupid moron. now you can blow it up and post it all over your house.

god you are pathetic........not to mention, you stalk like a woman. :wall:

i have difficulty understanding why the rest of you aren't. he subscribes to communist principles, and his wife hates white people. how do either of those make him worthy of being the leader of the free world, or at least free until he becomes president.

I don't buy for a minute that you truly believe this, just right wing propaganda at best. As it stands right now my vote is w/ McCain, but to say that about Obama one can’t take you seriously! :headbanger:

there is a pic of me up above you stupid moron. now you can blow it up and post it all over your house.

god you are pathetic........not to mention, you stalk like a woman. :headbanger:

Huh? Where is this picture? You're not talking about the one on the Geek Club Membership Picture from the 1980's are you? If you expect me to believe that that is you and recent :lol: wow, you really are that stupid.....

Where is gocolts when you need him? Unemploynment line? :wall:

Huh? Where is this picture? You're not talking about the one on the Geek Club Membership Picture from the 1980's are you? If you expect me to believe that that is you and recent :lol: wow, you really are that stupid.....

Where is gocolts when you need him? Unemploynment line? :lol:

you are the one who cares so much about it, take what you can get stalker. :wall:

In 1980 I was barely 10, I realize you are to stupid to do the math but..........to bad stalker. :headbanger:

you are the one who cares so much about it, take what you can get stalker. :lol:

In 1980 I was barely 10, I realize you are to stupid to do the math but..........to bad stalker. :headbanger:

It kills me that you call me stalker. I do reply to gocolts posts but rarely yours unless they are directed at me w/ you internet tough guy crap. Oh, and nice dodging the picture bullet. What I'm saying is that picture is OLD and not a representation of you. If I'm wrong, prove it Mr. Internet Tough Guy.....That's what I thought crapper busting fatty :wall:

being a whiney little bi0tch makes him very tired I guess. :headbanger:

He gets tired from going over all the right-wing conspiracies :lol:

I don't buy for a minute that you truly believe this, just right wing propaganda at best. As it stands right now my vote is w/ McCain, but to say that about Obama one can’t take you seriously! :headbanger:

i'm ok with it if you don't take me seriously. i'm not wrong, though. please go listen to the commencement speech he gave at wesleyan. marx would be proud.

It kills me that you call me stalker. I do reply to gocolts posts but rarely yours unless they are directed at me w/ you internet tough guy crap. Oh, and nice dodging the picture bullet. What I'm saying is that picture is OLD and not a representation of you. If I'm wrong, prove it Mr. Internet Tough Guy.....That's what I thought crapper busting fatty ;)

well its not hard being a mental giant with you around. I didn't have to look no further than this thread.

focking stupid stalker :lol:

Are your lips attached to his ass? :headbanger:

KPLGCHA

kpbuckey likes go colts hairy ass :lol:

Can't wait for your witty 3rd grade comeback :wall:

as for the pic, i'll let you beat off to it for a while, i'll post another in a couple weeks.

as for the pic, i'll let you beat off to it for a while, i'll post another in a couple weeks.

Thats what I thought, tail between your legs and run............

ETA: you are the one who wants to give me a golden shower and beat off to your picture, gay much :headbanger:

Really didn't read a word of the original post, but what I do find interesting is that it appears that the extreme right wingers are pretty scared of Obama. :headbanger:

Yes we are scared of him because he is a dangerous liberal appeaser and we all know the damage that will cause. Do me a favor and pass this quote on to your appeaser candidate:

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."--Winston Churchill

Yes we are scared of him because he is a dangerous liberal appeaser and we all know the damage that will cause. Do me a favor and pass this quote on to your appeaser candidate:

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."--Winston Churchill

umm, did you read my post above? Right now Johnny boy has me vote :headbanger:

Still not buying that BO is some evil communist trying to bring the US down :lol:

For once, I'd be OK w/ either candidate as opposed to neither w/ the last two elections

Thats what I thought, tail between your legs and run............

ETA: you are the one who wants to give me a golden shower and beat off to your picture, gay much :lol:

you asked for me to pee on you and you are begging for more pics of me.

don't be a bitchy stalker. :headbanger:

you asked for me to pee on you and you are begging for more pics of me.

don't be a bitchy stalker. :dunno:

Thats what I thought, I gave you a challenge and you ran like a coward! Owned, thread ovah! :wave:

well its not hard being a mental giant with you around. I didn't have to look no further than this thread.

When making claims of being a "mental giant", you might want to consider using proper grammar. :dunno:

When making claims of being a "mental giant", you might want to consider using proper grammar. :dunno:

its a message bored stupid :wave:

some of us post from the road on handhelds.

some of us post from the road on handhelds.

That would certainly explain typos, but not bad grammar. Bad grammar on a message board is fine. I just found it rather humorous considering what you were posting.

You might want to take your hand out of your lap and post with both hands.

You don't know me so I would greatly appreciate you not calling me stupid. Thanks.

Just more ammo for Hillary to "un-suspend" her campaign the closer we get to Election Day.

This and the Michelle Obama whitey speech will do wonders for her.

Seroiusly, just elect McCain so we don't have to deal with four years of this cry baby bull crap. Jeesus.

That would certainly explain typos, but not bad grammar. Bad grammar on a message board is fine. I just found it rather humorous considering what you were posting.

You might want to take your hand out of your lap and post with both hands.

You don't know me so I would greatly appreciate you not calling me stupid. Thanks.

I was posting about common sense, not grammar, therefore STFU stupid and mind your own business next time.

have a greAt day :dunno:

I was posting about common sense, not grammar, therefore STFU stupid and mind your own business next time.

have a greAt day :dunno:

My goodness. You're a touchy little fellow.