Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round One Draft Commentary**

This is the first June Mock in history without Captain Lou. I hope he's okay. He's also the defending champion from the draft...I guess he won't be able to defend his title.

Bummer. :overhead:

Jeez, Iceman has been up for at least 10 minutes....PICK!!! :overhead:

Vikes....I know you're a late riser. Feel free to e-mail your first pick to me if you'd like.

I sent a list to Mike & Fumble in case this gets off quickly in the mornin' (I'm a west coaster)

i just woke up and realized i had better put down a predraft here and not send an e-mail just in case that person couldn't check their e-mail- it's monday- i will be swamped with work today and i don't want to be accused of holding anything up.... ..at least here imy predraft here will seen by everyone

1- LT

2- ADP

3- SJAX

who sez i don't take my fantasy football seriously anymore ha ha - it's 3+ in the morning

nite- carry on :pointstosky:

i just woke up and realized i had better put down a predraft here and not send an e-mail just in case that person couldn't check their e-mail- it's monday- i will be swamped with work today and i don't want to be accused of holding anything up.... ..at least here imy predraft here will seen by everyone

1- LT

2- ADP

3- SJAX

who sez i don't take my fantasy football seriously anymore ha ha - it's 3+ in the morning

nite- carry on :first:

Sweet...

Labrandon Toefield

Alvin Pearman

Steven Jackson....of the KC? :shocking:

I'm almost certain that ICE will pick Pearman......

........or Ed Podalak :first:

Stop talking about players not yet picked!!! :shocking:

:speciallycodedsoICEcan'treadit: Do you think he knows he has the first pick? :first: If he is 10 minutes late, he gets Roosevelt Potts!

----oops.....he's here----

Oh for Pete's sake people, how did we leave LT on the board to fall to Ice?? :first:

Oh for Pete's sake people, how did we leave LT on the board to fall to Ice?? :first:

Must be my fault, since I was the first one here this morning. Terribly sorry.

I couldn'r find Curtis Enos on my cheatsheet, so I went with LT2.

ICEMAN

ICEMAN

Decent Plan B . . .

ICEMAN

No worries, NFL rosters are rife with Penn St. RB's who could not hack the next level :headbanger:

FF Geek

Group: Members

Member No.: 385

QUOTE(Fumbleweed @ Jun 15 2008, 11:00 PM)

Vikes....I know you're a late riser. Feel free to e-mail your first pick to me if you'd like.

That's the plan.

---------------------------------------------

Do you have it Fumble?

FF Geek

Group: Members

Member No.: 385

QUOTE(Fumbleweed @ Jun 15 2008, 11:00 PM)

That's the plan.

---------------------------------------------

Do you have it Fumble?

Yes, but it was sent to my work address, so I had to get to my office in order to access it. We're rolling now!!

The first five picks are pretty set in stone in most drafts right now. Dan's pick was the first one with some mystery and now that will be the theme for a while.

The first five picks are pretty set in stone in most drafts right now. Dan's pick was the first one with some mystery and now that will be the theme for a while.

Yes, I saw that when you blessed me with the pick. I had 3 (4?) that I considered going with at that spot, and another that others might have taken. ~sighs~ Go ahead, though. Blast away.

Yes, I saw that when you blessed me with the pick. I had 3 (4?) that I considered going with at that spot, and another that others might have taken. ~sighs~ Go ahead, though. Blast away.

You can blame Mike for the "blessing". I had nothing to do with it. :bench:

The Portis pick is interesting, and he could perhaps be a fixture in this range if not for the woeful passing game not forcing teams out of the box a little more. But the Skins have invested admirably to try and alleviate the pressure placed on Portis who will still put up a workman-like year as a top 10 RB.

The Portis pick is interesting, and he could perhaps be a fixture in this range if not for the woeful passing game not forcing teams out of the box a little more. But the Skins have invested admirably to try and alleviate the pressure placed on Portis who will still put up a workman-like year as a top 10 RB.

The adjustment to the West Coast Offense will be the major concern for the passing game. They added weapons, but they also added a new playbook. Hopefully this will lead to short passes to Wr's to be used like a running game, ala GreenBay. I can't fault the Portis pick at all.

The adjustment to the West Coast Offense will be the major concern for the passing game. They added weapons, but they also added a new playbook. Hopefully this will lead to short passes to Wr's to be used like a running game, ala GreenBay. I can't fault the Portis pick at all.

Agreed.....

Let's also not forget that unlike some of the other RB's taken in this band (Addai, Westy etc) Portis is THE weapon on his team, he will gets tons of opportuity and the only thing that would make me worry is that he either gets hurt or is just plain worn out by the end of the season

Agreed.....

Let's also not forget that unlike some of the other RB's taken in this band (Addai, Westy etc) Portis is THE weapon on his team, he will gets tons of opportuity and the only thing that would make me worry is that he either gets hurt or is just plain worn out by the end of the season

This actually is the double-edged sword that I looked at when I made the pick. I love that he is THE MAN, but the wear and tear factor is a concern, especially given that it has been an issue in the past.

This actually is the double-edged sword that I looked at when I made the pick. I love that he is THE MAN, but the wear and tear factor is a concern, especially given that it has been an issue in the past.

Actually the biggest question for me is how much of that West Coast stuff they run thru him. He has never really been known for his hands. If they use him out in space, it will lighten the abuse on his body considerably. Hopefully this doesn't give other backs on the team an opening for some theft.

I love the Gore pick! This is the first draft I have been in this year that fell like this, sadly I pick 11th!

I just couldn't take anybody named Gore in an election year.

I love the Gore pick! This is the first draft I have been in this year that fell like this, sadly I pick 11th!

Gore and Portis should start a support group....

Let's keep in mind that the likely starter in SF is former Terp Shaun Hill, and their WR's make the Skin's look like pro bowlers, and their defense is a sponge....

I think Gore is a beast and will produce to be certain, but I cannot be sure he will even finish the season standing, and I think he will absorb just horrible abuse trying to move the ball for the niners....

Again, love the guy, awesome talent, but he is going to be so very battered by mid season, and will be swarmed with what amounts to an almost non-existent passing game.

JMHO :bench:

One big difference here is that Gore is a 60+ catch guy. This offense can exploit that and save his body! I have Gore in front of Portis, and right on SJax's tail. My top 7 currently are, LT, AD, Addai, Westbrook, SJax, Gore, and Portis.

I have pm'd JScott and posted a few places that he is OTC, and he should be around soon.

Don't forget Mike Martz is an offensive genius and will turn that San Fran passing offense into a powerhouse just like he did with the Rams and then with the Lions.....err wait :bench:

Not a fan of taking a QB this early but he's the only "sure thing" left on the board at this point.

I'm glad Ray took McGahee out of the equation for me at 1.12. Logic says that he will fare well in Cam Cameron's offense there, but their QB struggles plus McGahee's inability to produce good TD numbers scare me.

Not a fan of taking a QB this early but he's the only "sure thing" left on the board at this point.

I agree with these sentiments, but it would still have been hard for me to pull the trigger. Likely a canidate you were considering will return to you!

I agree with these sentiments, but it would still have been hard for me to pull the trigger. Likely a canidate you were considering will return to you!

Trung?

QBs should never be taken this early in a draft. That was a stupid pick.

You need to learn to wait a while before you nab your first QB....like I do.

QBs should never be taken this early in a draft. That was a stupid pick.

You need to learn to wait a while before you nab your first QB....like I do.

The scary thing is, he has a habit of grabbing a 2nd Qb in the next round. ;)