Sign in to follow this  
Hurricane Ditka

Sushi

Tough call, but I'd have to go with the toro (fatty tuna, not the poster) sashimi. Also my local place does a toro tataki (lightly seared) which is excellent.

Tough call, but I'd have to go with the toro (fatty tuna, not the poster) sashimi. Also my local place does a toro tataki (lightly seared) which is excellent.

Toro Takaki :wave:

Of the basic rolls, I would have to go with the spider roll (soft shell crab, cucumber, avocado, roe, spicey mayo)

ETA: I also love anything w/ salmon (provided that it is pacific salmon :wave:)

I loves to get the sashimi specials. I also love the "white sauce special" which is giant clam cooked in a toaster oven.

My favorite fish is yellowtail (aqua cultured in Japan, not wild) You know you can tell the difference by looking at the meat, right? Good.

Also white tuna and sea urchin roe.

Is this that old chick that sings in Florida to old dudes she hires to bang her sister then gives them 15% of $2.50?

:first:

:alsomua:

I loves to get the sashimi specials. I also love the "white sauce special" which is giant clam cooked in a toaster oven.

My favorite fish is yellowtail (aqua cultured in Japan, not wild) You know you can tell the difference by looking at the meat, right? Good.

Also white tuna and sea urchin roe.

I also love yellowtail sashimi, it is one of my staples when I go.

I'm not a hooge salmon fan (although my wife is), but sometimes they'll have salmon toro tataki (basically the soft underbelly of the salmon, like tuna toro) which is focking awesome.

Only yuppies and chicks eat sushi.

:overhead:

Says the guy who got banned from a fish forum. :first:

you limp wristed yuppie trendy dooshbags are pushing the bluefin stocks to collapse.

Jsut about any kind of sashimi or nigiri sushi, the tuna, salmon, ahi, etc.

Our local place does a ton of special rolls, and we like those a lot, too. I like the ones with salmon, hubby likes the ones with scallops.

I love sushi! So much that I have a sushi eating outfit that I wear every time we go out for it. It is my sky blue and white seersucker shorts complemented with my baby pink Lacoste. Collar pop is optional dependent on my mood.

Jsut about any kind of sashimi or nigiri sushi, the tuna, salmon, ahi, etc.

Our local place does a ton of special rolls, and we like those a lot, too. I like the ones with salmon, hubby likes the ones with scallops.

Interesting. Our local place does baked scallop or salmon rolls. Basically a cali roll cut, laid fat, then smothered with one of the fish and baked. I prefer the scallops, teh wife teh salmon.

I wonder if wimmen in general like salmon more than men. :doublethumbsup:

Interesting. Our local place does baked scallop or salmon rolls. Basically a cali roll cut, laid fat, then smothered with one of the fish and baked. I prefer the scallops, teh wife teh salmon.

I prefer salmon over scallops.

Also, not a huge sushi fan. I prefer cooked fish. I will have some sushi every now and again though.

I like the scallops, too, but a few times they have been a tad gritty, not all the sand quite washed out. So it makes me kind of iffy about it. The only kind of shrimp I eat are the ones that are tempura. Something about removing the "intestinal tract" before cooking it kind of oogs me out.

I love salmon though, baked, grilled, blackened, smoked, etc.

I really like salmon sashimi also a salmon skin roll.

(Que the "yeah but you're ghey" comments.)

Thanks for proving my point, sugar.

Your ability to pull this sh!t off the wall and prepare well thought out, creative comebacks, is, well, part of what makes this place the mainstay it is today. :music_guitarred:

I wonder if wimmen in general like salmon more than men.

If I have to choose between salmon and men the salmon wins about 7 out of 10.

My favorite is the pork chop roll.

Oh yeah, and also the bacon seaweed thing.

If I have to choose between salmon and men the salmon wins about 7 out of 10.

Your a switch hitter then. Cool :thumbsup: