Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

Roger Goodell Reinstates Brett Favre

One of two things will happen. Either Favre goes to the Vikings, or he's the starter for the Packers. Aaron Rodgers has no chance in a situation like this. Nobody would. Every practice would be like a road game. Half the fans are rooting for him to fail. If he was named the starter, chants of "We want Brett" would start up on the first snap of the Vikings game, or at the very latest, the first signs of struggle. It's hard enough to follow a legend as it is. When he's sitting on the bench ready to step in at any moment to replace you, it's got to be damn near impossible.

I think Favre will be traded in the next day or two. And if he isn't, I think it's safe to assume that the Packers don't think Rodger has what it takes to be the QB of this team long term, because they are setting him up to fail, and they're smart enough to realize that. I think. :thumbsup:

I think if there are any fans in the NFL that would support the team in a situation like this it would be GB. Its not Philly or NY. Sure there will be many who want Brett, but I doubt you will hear too big of a "We want Brett" chant if he was playing against the Packers and were play for the rival. I just don't think the fans are like that. They are split and torn between sides because the whole thing is a mess and the team really hasn't completly made up its mind. If they start Favre the Fans will be behind Favre. If he is on another team they will be behind Rodgers. As soon as they see a clear direction they will back whoever the starter is.

this is just gettin crazy now.....it is especially bad for fantasy football

Not if you drafted Farve in the 17th round. :thumbsup:

Not if you drafted Farve in the 17th round. :pointstosky:

or the 10th :banana:

from PFW...

“Aaron Rodgers had a lot of audacity to tell fans, ‘Get on board or shut the hell up.’ He has not won a game in the NFL! You want to talk about an ironic situation to be in. (Mike) McCarthy was the lead proponent of drafting (Alex) Smith over (Aaron) Rodgers when he was in San Francisco (as the offensive coordinator). Now he’s in Green Bay, going into the season with Rodgers being the guy. McCarthy did not like Rodgers’ personality at all, did not think he was a leader. He thought he was too ‘into himself.’ I think that’s why Favre never warmed up to him and has never liked him — because of those qualities.”

or the 10th :unsure:

from PFW...

“Aaron Rodgers had a lot of audacity to tell fans, ‘Get on board or shut the hell up.’ He has not won a game in the NFL! You want to talk about an ironic situation to be in. (Mike) McCarthy was the lead proponent of drafting (Alex) Smith over (Aaron) Rodgers when he was in San Francisco (as the offensive coordinator). Now he’s in Green Bay, going into the season with Rodgers being the guy. McCarthy did not like Rodgers’ personality at all, did not think he was a leader. He thought he was too ‘into himself.’ I think that’s why Favre never warmed up to him and has never liked him — because of those qualities.”

I'm curious, who was PFW quoting here?

i hope this does happen......aaron rodgers self esteem is already out the window probably

on nfl network that ###### said that a trade now is likely NOT to happen....about 90% chance it wont......but so far all of them have been wrong

i wouldnt even doubt he starts the season as the packs qb

this is just gettin crazy now.....it is especially bad for fantasy football

I gotta know....what was the word being blocked here ?

######

I watch NFL Network all the time ! and bet I could guess who you're referring to. :doublethumbsup:

he had quite the crowd at the airport...they cheered quite a bit..it wouldve been something to see the plane go back up and leave... :doublethumbsup: landing in between a few storms this evening..i guess they were desperate to get his azz back here...

as for your earlier post..i saw all of the practice..not just the 2 minute drill..i didnt think anything was worth commenting on.. just guys in the open...good throws...receivers all have good hands..jermichael finley is a monster..

peprah was the guy who stood out for me a bit..he loves to hit.. and pat lee sure sticks to receivers..interesting to see if he gets called for PIs and if that scares him a lil bit..but right now, its good to see a guy right on the wide out..

From reading last night...Rodgers was off...the WRs were off...and Peprah impressed and was laying some good hits again.

From the clips I saw...Rodgers passes had more zip on them than I was expecting.

One of two things will happen. Either Favre goes to the Vikings, or he's the starter for the Packers. Aaron Rodgers has no chance in a situation like this. Nobody would. Every practice would be like a road game. Half the fans are rooting for him to fail. If he was named the starter, chants of "We want Brett" would start up on the first snap of the Vikings game, or at the very latest, the first signs of struggle. It's hard enough to follow a legend as it is. When he's sitting on the bench ready to step in at any moment to replace you, it's got to be damn near impossible.

I think Favre will be traded in the next day or two. And if he isn't, I think it's safe to assume that the Packers don't think Rodger has what it takes to be the QB of this team long term, because they are setting him up to fail, and they're smart enough to realize that. I think. :doublethumbsup:

Or they see Brett as the best chance to win now...and will do anything to keep him away from Minny.

or the 10th :doublethumbsup:

from PFW...

Favre never warmed up to him and never liked him? Id love for them to back that up with any substance.

I'm curious, who was PFW quoting here?

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Does anyone know if Brett had a bowel movement today as of yet?

Depends...did he have the cheese, or the brat last night.

If the first...probably not.

If the latter...several.

HTH

all i know is that aaron was booed pretty good sunday night :overhead: at FAMILY night...

i know..people scoffed at me when i said there were a lot of favre supporters..that % dwindled slowly..but for the most part..the pro-favre fans were keeping quiet..the rallies..all laughed at...

i said wait til it gets close and reality starts to set in..aaron may not deserve this..he can blame mccarthy and tt..if favre leaves..those 2 may as well resign tomorrow..itll get ugly...

aarons our guy without ever doing anything..sure..let him practice in front of 55k and stink it up...mike and tt's egos are out of control and are really embarrassing this city...but im THRILLED to see this turning around and people are discovering what i said 2 months ago..that the packers arent free of blame..

4+ hour meeting tonight? wtf...send up prince to smack mike in the face...it better be working on a 2 year deal..2 year deal and you decide NOW if youre coming back next season..none of this give me some time crap....

2pm cst tomorrow...a circus..ill have a report..call it a pr-favre, anti-rogers/packers management report..whatever..itll still be a report :music_guitarred:

Or they see Brett as the best chance to win now...and will do anything to keep him away from Minny.

You guys have been trying to kick Fav-re to the curb for 3 years now. I don't understand in the slightest why you wouldn't want him here. After the 2006 season I believe the majority of your fanbase would have driven him here yourself.

all i know is that aaron was booed pretty good sunday night :thumbsup: at FAMILY night...

I was so embarrassed for those fans. That was absolutely disgusting.

You guys have been trying to kick Fav-re to the curb for 3 years now. I don't understand in the slightest why you wouldn't want him here. After the 2006 season I believe the majority of your fanbase would have driven him here yourself.

I don't agree with that. I think we all wanted him here the last few years, but at some point enough has to be enough. They can't keep the message to the lockerroom that if you're Brett Favre, you're allowed to publically criticize your bosses, hold the team hostage, skip all the offseason work, etc.

I know everyone thinks Favre gives us a chance to win, and it's risky to start over with someone else. With Favre we know what we're going to get. 30ish TDs, 20ish INTs, and a big game costing mistake at some point in the playoffs. Rodgers is an unknown, but we've got to move on at some point. Better to get the new QB started when you have a good supporting cast to give him the best chance to succeed.

Unless you think Brohm is the future and not Rodgers, which is possible. We're about to find out...

all i know is that aaron was booed pretty good sunday night :overhead: at FAMILY night...

i know..people scoffed at me when i said there were a lot of favre supporters..that % dwindled slowly..but for the most part..the pro-favre fans were keeping quiet..the rallies..all laughed at...

i said wait til it gets close and reality starts to set in..aaron may not deserve this..he can blame mccarthy and tt..if favre leaves..those 2 may as well resign tomorrow..itll get ugly...

aarons our guy without ever doing anything..sure..let him practice in front of 55k and stink it up...mike and tt's egos are out of control and are really embarrassing this city...but im THRILLED to see this turning around and people are discovering what i said 2 months ago..that the packers arent free of blame..

4+ hour meeting tonight? wtf...send up prince to smack mike in the face...it better be working on a 2 year deal..2 year deal and you decide NOW if youre coming back next season..none of this give me some time crap....

2pm cst tomorrow...a circus..ill have a report..call it a pr-favre, anti-rogers/packers management report..whatever..itll still be a report :rolleyes:

- I watched it last night...either they muted the boos...or it was not as bad as you are reporting.

- Favre has his supporters...but they were nearly gone until his PR campaign kicked into high gear. He can claim he did not want all this circus and distraction, but IMO, that is exactly what he was looking for in order to get what he wants. It was his only move.

- I doubt much of it is McC's ego...seems he is doing whatever Thompson tells him. But Brett's ego is pushing this thing as much as Thompson's is.

- They should have had that meeting 6 weeks ago...but if you are going to go after McC...do you not hold Brett accountable at all for his actions? Really?

- I don't get the "anti-Rodgers" part. Seriously...why are some bashing this guy?

After 2005 we would have...not after 2006.

And who has been trying to kick him to the curb? People keep making that claim because Thompson is not some cuddly guy that goes up and hugs Brett and tells him how great he is...but come on...his ego is big...but bigger if he wins a trophy...no matter if Favre is the QB or not.

After 2005 we would have...not after 2006.

And who has been trying to kick him to the curb? People keep making that claim because Thompson is not some cuddly guy that goes up and hugs Brett and tells him how great he is...but come on...his ego is big...but bigger if he wins a trophy...no matter if Favre is the QB or not.

After the 2005 and 2006, I know some, not all obviously, of you guys were either tired of his usual not sure at the end of the year antics and thought his play had regressed enough where it was time to change things up as much as he had done in the past. I certainly wouldn't say that many of you clamored for Rodgers after 06.

The point I was trying to ask is why the Packers are so dead set against letting the guy playing elsewhere at this stage. The first day he wanted to come back, had the Packers just decided it was fine, this story would have been gone long ago and there may have even been time to convince Rodgers to sign a long term deal had he wanted to. At this point, if they keep Favre, Rodgers isn't going to stick around after the season either and the Packers are probably going to deal with this situation again for the 4th offseason in a row.

The point I was trying to ask is why the Packers are so dead set against letting the guy playing elsewhere at this stage.

They're not against it. They were open to trading him to the NYJ or Bucs...Favre doesn't want to play for them.

It's not like the Bucs are a scrub team either, they made the playoffs last year.

After the 2005 and 2006, I know some, not all obviously, of you guys were either tired of his usual not sure at the end of the year antics and thought his play had regressed enough where it was time to change things up as much as he had done in the past. I certainly wouldn't say that many of you clamored for Rodgers after 06.

The point I was trying to ask is why the Packers are so dead set against letting the guy playing elsewhere at this stage. The first day he wanted to come back, had the Packers just decided it was fine, this story would have been gone long ago and there may have even been time to convince Rodgers to sign a long term deal had he wanted to. At this point, if they keep Favre, Rodgers isn't going to stick around after the season either and the Packers are probably going to deal with this situation again for the 4th offseason in a row.

2005 while he was pondering...I said if he was going to play like that again, I hoped he quit.

2006, while not great...he started to show more restraint and was buying into what McCarthy was doing...2007 showed he finally was listening to McCarthy.

The Packers are dead set against him playing in Minny.

Rodgers will have to stick around after this season, he is under contract through 2009.

Its gonna be circus in Green Bay this year. As TO would say,

"getcha popcorn ready as its gonna be a show"

- I watched it last night...either they muted the boos...or it was not as bad as you are reporting.

- Favre has his supporters...but they were nearly gone until his PR campaign kicked into high gear. He can claim he did not want all this circus and distraction, but IMO, that is exactly what he was looking for in order to get what he wants. It was his only move.

- I doubt much of it is McC's ego...seems he is doing whatever Thompson tells him. But Brett's ego is pushing this thing as much as Thompson's is.

- They should have had that meeting 6 weeks ago...but if you are going to go after McC...do you not hold Brett accountable at all for his actions? Really?

- I don't get the "anti-Rodgers" part. Seriously...why are some bashing this guy?

even as jeremy said, the boos were fairly loud...not a smattering...

Im not anti-rodgers if hes on the bench where he belongs...Im just pro-favre and anti-tt and his antics..ill be there at 2 with the other drunks rattling aaron til there are tears sripping through his dirty scruffy beard :overhead: all in fun, of course..

i have long said that brett has been wishy washy..its embarrassing..i think he was way too indecisive..used to the constant pampering and no real guidelines..the team long ago shouldve put a firm date on when to make a decision..when the team moved on, i think favre decided..hmph..ill show them...and hes been wrong...when brett says, how did i end up in this position..give me a break...

but hes been this way for the past 4 years..just a simple wishy washy guy...the packers organization should know better..id rather see favre be dumb and lie as opposed to TT be dumb and lie..

TT would much rather this be his team as opposed to favres team..

the booing at aaron is aimed at management..you can yell and scream but who hears that? a booing noise can be heard quite well..7 for 20 with the 1st team offense vs the 2nd team defense...im sure mike and tt are feeling pretty dumb right now..both at the way they are waffling and at their choice of who to go with and how they handled this..

even as jeremy said, the boos were fairly loud...not a smattering...

Im not anti-rodgers if hes on the bench where he belongs...Im just pro-favre and anti-tt and his antics..ill be there at 2 with the other drunks rattling aaron til there are tears sripping through his dirty scruffy beard :overhead: all in fun, of course..

i have long said that brett has been wishy washy..its embarrassing..i think he was way too indecisive..used to the constant pampering and no real guidelines..the team long ago shouldve put a firm date on when to make a decision..when the team moved on, i think favre decided..hmph..ill show them...and hes been wrong...when brett says, how did i end up in this position..give me a break...

but hes been this way for the past 4 years..just a simple wishy washy guy...the packers organization should know better..id rather see favre be dumb and lie as opposed to TT be dumb and lie..

TT would much rather this be his team as opposed to favres team..

the booing at aaron is aimed at management..you can yell and scream but who hears that? a booing noise can be heard quite well..7 for 20 with the 1st team offense vs the 2nd team defense...im sure mike and tt are feeling pretty dumb right now..both at the way they are waffling and at their choice of who to go with and how they handled this..

But there is one thing about being wishy washy during a season and immediately after...and another with taking it to the point of actually retiring...confirming it several times...then pulling this after they moved on.

IMO, he knew they moved on and he would not just be happily welcomed back.

It goes beyond just those stats though...I watched it...it was not as bad as everyone tried to make it sound.

It was not good...don't get me wrong. But while Rodgers was off...so were the WRs...and the DBs were making some nice sticks.

I wonder why the WRs could get no real separation from the 2nd string defense.

When Brett leaves Green Bay, he will part the Red Sea, make manna fall from the sky, and halfway through the season overdose on painpills. Heath Ledger II.

When Brett leaves Green Bay, he will part the Red Sea, make manna fall from the sky, and halfway through the season overdose on painpills. Heath Ledger II.

No way does he overdose on painkillers. :bandana:

3:11 P.M. EST

Brett Favre has left the building.

Roughly 30 minutes before the Packers were about to begin practice Tuesday afternoon, their once and presumably not future quarterback drove away from Lambeau Field.

The departure followed roughly four more hours of meetings with Packers head coach Mike McCarthy.

And the discussions aren't stopping there.

FOXSports.com has learned that multiple Packers executives are continuing to meet with Favre off-site in an attempt to resolve the situation.

Favre has told the team that he wants to be traded to either Minnesota or Chicago. But according to sources, it is believed the Bears have no interest and the Vikings appear to be a long shot as well.

However, the Buccaneers and Jets have been interested in obtaining Favre since the saga began and sources from both teams have told FOXSports.com that their interest has not wavered.

A team spokesman said an update on Favre's status would not be available until coach McCarthy's post-practice news conference.

:cry:

while it WAS highly amusing to be at practice and hear all of the we want brett chants..packers staff telling fans to calm down, they are trying to run a practice and fans responding by saying, we pay the bills..public sidewalk..we have our right.. at this rate, they will turn to the indoor practices from now on..fans were LOUD..

it was amusing IF favre was still maybe playing the next day..to think that its come to this is embarrassing..the team is a laughing stock..brett made mccarthy a multimillionaire and he has the balls to invite brett to gb, thinking there will be a battle..only to give him a power trip? :thumbsdown:

why cant murphy get tt in there to sit with brett..apologize like men and move on? brett will be in the nfl longer than aaron will be and the tt out of gb watch is on..i said it all along, if favre goes ANYWHERE, tt wont make it to next year..thats a pretty safe bet...

those fans were angry and rightfully so..aaron sucked it very hard today...does he deserve all of this? well, hes no saint for his dumb SI comments..but hes the guy fans can aim their hate of TT and mike at...

mike is so full of bs that its coming out of his ears...sherman jr..

all in all...patrick lee gives no one any room on routes..between lee, charles and al..wow...and nintendo bigby likes to hit...

jordy nelson is a bit full of himself..but what can u do? not everyone is a donald driver type...

while it WAS highly amusing to be at practice and hear all of the we want brett chants..packers staff telling fans to calm down, they are trying to run a practice and fans responding by saying, we pay the bills..public sidewalk..we have our right.. at this rate, they will turn to the indoor practices from now on..fans were LOUD..

it was amusing IF favre was still maybe playing the next day..to think that its come to this is embarrassing..the team is a laughing stock..brett made mccarthy a multimillionaire and he has the balls to invite brett to gb, thinking there will be a battle..only to give him a power trip? :thumbsdown:

Huh? I seriously don't see how anyone can listen to both what Brett said to ESPN and what McCarthy said and think that McC has done anything wrong here.

why cant murphy get tt in there to sit with brett..apologize like men and move on? brett will be in the nfl longer than aaron will be and the tt out of gb watch is on..i said it all along, if favre goes ANYWHERE, tt wont make it to next year..thats a pretty safe bet...

Perhaps they don't believe TT has done anything wrong.

those fans were angry and rightfully so..aaron sucked it very hard today...does he deserve all of this? well, hes no saint for his dumb SI comments..but hes the guy fans can aim their hate of TT and mike at...

mike is so full of bs that its coming out of his ears...sherman jr..

Im glad you claim to know the truth.

:rolleyes:

Something will come out from Brett's camp soon to be sure...the at least online opinion has switched back to the Favre is a crybaby side.

Even by Favre's own words...McCarthy asked if he was open to competing for the job...while Favre was...he did not want to do it? Umm...a bit of a far cry from his comment to TT about let me compete, Ill win the job...

IMO there is just a deep seeded hat for tt from favre and othing can be done to fix it...and it goes beyond just this sprin and simmer...favre is acting like a girl with her feelings hurt...

Does anyone know if Brett had a bowel movement today as of yet?

he took a huge dump on mccarthy and the team (again) about noon today.

Huh? I seriously don't see how anyone can listen to both what Brett said to ESPN and what McCarthy said and think that McC has done anything wrong here.

Perhaps they don't believe TT has done anything wrong.

Im glad you claim to know the truth.

:thumbsdown:

Something will come out from Brett's camp soon to be sure...the at least online opinion has switched back to the Favre is a crybaby side.

Even by Favre's own words...McCarthy asked if he was open to competing for the job...while Favre was...he did not want to do it? Umm...a bit of a far cry from his comment to TT about let me compete, Ill win the job...

IMO there is just a deep seeded hat for tt from favre and othing can be done to fix it...and it goes beyond just this sprin and simmer...favre is acting like a girl with her feelings hurt...

of course, they dont believe that TT has done anything wrong..they all want rodgers in, favre out and are in on all of this..the cell phone lies and everything else..they have truly tried to make brett look like the bad guy in all of this..

not sure why you are rolling your eyes all the time..have you been to a practice yet? have you seen this disaster unfolding?

brett deserved much better treatment...

of course, they dont believe that TT has done anything wrong..they all want rodgers in, favre out and are in on all of this..the cell phone lies and everything else..they have truly tried to make brett look like the bad guy in all of this..

not sure why you are rolling your eyes all the time..have you been to a practice yet? have you seen this disaster unfolding?

brett deserved much better treatment...

The cell phone lies that have yet to be even rumored to have come from the team?

Brett has made himself look like a bad guy all on his own.

The Packers deserved much better treatment too...IMO...Brett's action earned the treatment he is getting.

Not long after I said this...he did some interview with Mooch...who went on to talk about Favre just wanting to play for GB and so on.

His story changed a bit between the time he talked to ESPN after the meetings...to after McCarthy spoke.

Too funny...its so easy to call.

When opinion starts shifting...Brett goes to the media.

Not long after I said this...he did some interview with Mooch...who went on to talk about Favre just wanting to play for GB and so on.

His story changed a bit between the time he talked to ESPN after the meetings...to after McCarthy spoke.

Too funny...its so easy to call.

When opinion starts shifting...Brett goes to the media.

and you keep going with the company line....

McC was going to say what he said yesterday regardless of what Brett said...

youre telling me that a guy who has played every game since 92 and wears his emotions on his sleeve to the point where he cries, all of a sudden doesnt care 100%?

we all can agree to disagree...but both sides should be men, apologize..and move on..TT wants none of that..and hes taking this city down in flames with him...

todays morning crowd was half the size of yesterday..a growing trend if this IS the post favre era..it was basically the pro-rodgers fans.

they worked on laterals during kick returns etc...the other day it was onside kicks..good to see the 3rd side of the ball getting some more attention...

im glad brett went to the media and i hope he airs it all out..we deserve to know ALL that was said..and if you hate brett so much, why did you remain a packers fan? vince lombardi weeps for you :pointstosky:

I agree with that. The Packers committed to Rodgers in March, when Brett Favre said he was retiring. At that point, instead of just hanging out till June waiting to see if Favre would change his mind, the Packers moved on with Aaron Rodgers. Just cause Brett changes his mind on who he thinks should start for the Green Bay Packers, doesn't mean the Green Bay Packers have to.

youre telling me that a guy who has played every game since 92 and wears his emotions on his sleeve to the point where he cries, all of a sudden doesnt care 100%?

No he cares. He cares about Brett Favre

we all can agree to disagree...but both sides should be men, apologize..and move on..TT wants none of that..and hes taking this city down in flames with him...

todays morning crowd was half the size of yesterday..a growing trend if this IS the post favre era..it was basically the pro-rodgers fans.

If the Packers win, the fans will follow. I said it in another thread, a poll done by the milwaukee journal sentinel showed most fans agree with management on this one. There are the die hard Brett fans who will support him no matter what, but the majority of fans who aren't controlled by their emotions see what TT is doing, from a management perspective. I don't really see where some people are mad at Thompson. Should he just give into Favre the second Favre changes his mind on retirement...again. Can the Packers ever move on? What if they take him back, and then next year he retires? Should Green Bay just wait till July to see if Brett has another change of heart, or can they finally move on towards their future?

they worked on laterals during kick returns etc...the other day it was onside kicks..good to see the 3rd side of the ball getting some more attention...

im glad brett went to the media and i hope he airs it all out..we deserve to know ALL that was said..and if you hate brett so much, why did you remain a packers fan? vince lombardi weeps for you :pointstosky:

Really? You think Lombardi would take the side of a player acting like a diva in all of this? That's not the Lombardi I always hear about. Seemed to me, he was a TEAM first kinda guy.

Im saying a guy who retired in March and has apparently waffled multiple times this offseason...and was still waffling in his interview with Greta...and apparently still waffling with McCarthy.

Brett's own quotes to ESPN show this waffling...he is ok with competing...but does not want to do it.

Where is it that TT was not willing to apologize and move on?

Taking the city down...polls showing the majority of people in the state agree TT is doing what is int he best interest of the team.

The supposed pro-Favre crowd yesterday was seen as so big...but was actually said to be small...but loud.

You are glad Brett is going to the media to act like a whiny little biotch?

Do you think Brett is telling the truth 100% and does not have an agenda?

I don't hate Brett so much. I hate his actions this offseason.

If he goes to Tampa, I wish him the best of luck except when they play Green Bay.

Lombardi would have kicked Brett to the curb 2 years ago with his "what are they going to do, cut me" line. Then again last year complaining about Moss and asking to be traded...and at the first sign of waffling about this retirement.

Don't believe me? Check his history with cutting players who came to him wanting things. Star players at that.

Lombardi did not put up with this crap and coddle players...why should Thompson?

All the crying and the tears.

The waffling and indecisiveness about his retirement, only to change his mind when everybody else had moved on.

Now Brett is whining that he can't return to the Packers because his feelings are hurt?

When exactly did Brett Favre grow a vagina?

Im saying a guy who retired in March and has apparently waffled multiple times this offseason...and was still waffling in his interview with Greta...and apparently still waffling with McCarthy.

Brett's own quotes to ESPN show this waffling...he is ok with competing...but does not want to do it.

Where is it that TT was not willing to apologize and move on?

Taking the city down...polls showing the majority of people in the state agree TT is doing what is int he best interest of the team.

The supposed pro-Favre crowd yesterday was seen as so big...but was actually said to be small...but loud.

You are glad Brett is going to the media to act like a whiny little biotch?

Do you think Brett is telling the truth 100% and does not have an agenda?

I don't hate Brett so much. I hate his actions this offseason.

If he goes to Tampa, I wish him the best of luck except when they play Green Bay.

Lombardi would have kicked Brett to the curb 2 years ago with his "what are they going to do, cut me" line. Then again last year complaining about Moss and asking to be traded...and at the first sign of waffling about this retirement.

Don't believe me? Check his history with cutting players who came to him wanting things. Star players at that.

Lombardi did not put up with this crap and coddle players...why should Thompson?

we WERE loud yesterday, yes...

of course the state is going to say that now..wait til midseason or the end of this season...itll turn and slowly has shown signs of it...

brett has no right to complain about getting guys in here? would u rather have a passive guy who admits he doesnt prepare for games? he wants HIS job back..hes a freak of nature at 38..2nd in mvp voting...completion-int ratio was great last year and TT basically said no..im bigger than the team..not you, brett...

lombardi didnt coddle guys like hornung and max mcgee? sure..if you say so...

I think the reason people arent AS outraged over it is..they are shocked..it hasnt sunk in yet..because NO ONE has ever done something this dumb as a GM...career suicide for TT...if it was another team, Id laugh..but I grew up with favre since 92..the guy is on top of his game..doesnt need to do as much and is having fun...its all gone to TTs head..

itll be interesting to see what lies TT comes up with in his press conference today.... :thumbsdown:

and yes, im glad that brett is throwing stones as he is pushed out of town..we deserve to know this NOW, as opposed to 5 years later in a book...TT deserves sleepless nights wondering wtf he was ever thinking...20+ gms would die to have brett.. he HAD him and ran him out..TT hasnt shown his face at practice..its going to be like this for a long time....

i still think brett will go into the hall as a packer..he wouldnt step on the fans..he WANTS to be here..give us what we pay for..TT wants the team to go to sh1t...I wonder if theyll go half off with ticket prices now?

All the crying and the tears.

The waffling and indecisiveness about his retirement, only to change his mind when everybody else had moved on.

Now Brett is whining that he can't return to the Packers because his feelings are hurt?

When exactly did Brett Favre grow a vagina?

he cries...I like the emotion..I wish that the seahawks D could show some..they gave up in the snow here last year...if shaun alexander had half the emotion that brett does, he'd still be in seattle...

bretts feelings ARE hurt...i dont know what others were doing in 1992..but brett was here..and hasnt missed a game since.. its his team til he leaves..much as it was elways team..etc..he didnt deserve all the lies by the organization..making him out to be the bad guy..etc..all made from TTs cushy office..an office that wouldnt have been there had it not been for favre...

maybe in a weird twist of fate..TT will go...ron wolf will step in and favre will stay.....probably not..so hello to 6-10...

i would take brett on seattle in a heartbeat..i know holmgren would also...