Sign in to follow this  
quikpoor

Steven Jackson falling fast.....

Had my draft on Friday night and was surprised to see Jackson tumble to the #17 overall pick. Gives you some idea of his value if you are drafting soon. Be prepared to make a decision if you draft late in the first round. Here's how it went:

14 team league

1. LT

2. Peterson

3. Westbrook

4. Addai

5. Brady

6. Portis

7. Barber

8. Romo

9. L.Johnson

10. Lynch

11. Grant

12. Manning

13. Brees

14. Gore

15. Owens

16. Jones-Drew

17. S. Jackson

I was thinking this could happen.

I pick 8 in a 12 teamer which means 17th pick in round 2.

I don't see how I can pass on SJax at 17 but I might. In your draft maybe I would've taken Braylon Edwards or Wayne at 17.

But if I went QB or WR at 8, getting SJax in round 2 would be nice.

Wow, I never imagined he would start falling that far. I'm at 6 and I won't touch him in the first round at this point.

I think another thing to expect will be people reaching for Bush and McFadden over guys like Grant and MJD.

I'm also expecting an early run on Brady/Manning/Romo in the top 7 picks in my all TDs 6 points and long distance bonus league.

Sitting at 8, I'm tempted to take Brees at the end of the elite QB run in round 1 and then have a pick for my RB in round 2 before the teams that drafted Romo, Manning, Brees draft again.

Larry Johnson is another guy who could be there at 17.

I was completely unprepared for him to fall this far; I passed on him for Manning in round 1, but I was the one who took him at 17. Hope it pays off.

:rolleyes:

Your post says that Manning went at 12 and Romo at 8. So how did you take Manning at 12 and SJax at 17? Trade?

He said that its a 14 team league. He had pick 12, in a serpentine style draft, he was overall pick #17 (Rd 2.03)

He said that its a 14 team league. He had pick 12, in a serpentine style draft, he was overall pick #17 (Rd 2.03)

:rolleyes:

My bad. Cooking and posting at the same time. Didnt pay attention that it was 14 teamer.

Deletored.

Is this for real? 17 picks and no Randy Moss? Coming off a 23 TD season???

I also noticed that Gore dropped to 14 here...this draft is a little off, IMO.

BS weak league. No moss in the top 17 and SJAX falls to 17? The guy will sign (or play) and miss no games.

BS weak league. No moss in the top 17 and SJAX falls to 17? The guy will sign (or play) and miss no games.

It's not the fact that he'll sign and miss no games, which'll most likely happen. It's the fact he's on perhaps the worst team in the league and hasn't been participating with his team which is why he's dropping?....

That'd be my guess ;) ala LJ last year

The guys team is terrible for one. Hes not in camp for two, coming off a groin injury. He doesn't want to go to camp for fear of injury before signing a deal, imagine how hes gonna play for a team that expects to be playing for nothing. This just doesn't seem to be a good situation. Im keeping Portis over him because of the holdout, but even if he plays I just feel a lot better about the situation Portis is in. I've been in love with this guy since Oregon State but this just does not seem to be his year to me. JMO.

The guys team is terrible for one. Hes not in camp for two, coming off a groin injury. He doesn't want to go to camp for fear of injury before signing a deal, imagine how hes gonna play for a team that expects to be playing for nothing. This just doesn't seem to be a good situation. Im keeping Portis over him because of the holdout, but even if he plays I just feel a lot better about the situation Portis is in. I've been in love with this guy since Oregon State but this just does not seem to be his year to me. JMO.

A dude in my keeper league dropped Portis and kept SJAX. For that, I would like to thank him.

A dude in my keeper league dropped Portis and kept SJAX. For that, I would like to thank him.

I am keeping SJax over Addai because of Al Saunders running the offense in St. Louis. SJax put up some very good numbers at the end of last year and that was with the 2nd string offensive line. Everybody is healthy at this moment on they have a weak schedule. LT hasn't played a preseason game in about 4 years, so I don't care if he misses all the preseason games and LJ had a freak injury last year that would of happened whether he didn't hold out or not.

I'll change my mind if he's not in camp by my draft which is next weekend.

I am keeping SJax over Addai because of Al Saunders running the offense in St. Louis

That's one of the reasons I dislike Jackson this season. Not only is he holding out, missing valuable time to be get caught up on Saunders' offense, the playbook as a whole is notoriously complex and takes a long time for a new team to grasp. Case in point: his (Al Saunders) most recent team, the Washington Redskins. The Redskins players, in their first year under Al Saunders, stated publicly how difficult it was for them to really get a hang of the system. It wasn't until the end of the first season/second year under Al Saunders that it became a comfortable setup. Offensive stats for Washington were way down during Saunders' first year and I expect the same for St. Louis until they get the hang of things.

To compound matters, STL just lost two starting OL again...this team is starting to closely resemble the 07-08 Rams and that is not a good thing...Stephen Jackson has gone from sure thing, top 5 pick to a major question mark on a team already headed for a 3-13 season...stay away, friends, stay away

Linkage...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

This begs the question, was that Peyton or Eli you took at 12? Sorry, just felt like being an ass.

Still no news locally on where they are with negotiations, but the O-line suffered an injury "Rams G Setterstrom Out For Season" and Pace still has issues with his shoulder. Things are not looking good for this team and each day Jackson holds out, the more he will drop.

Jackson is basically doing what LJ did last year. The declining offensive line, the hold out and all the other off field antics. I would not waste a first round pick on Jackson. I might consider taking him with a late second rounder but he is not worth a top 18 pick in a 12 team draft in my book. I do not like hold outs and I refuse to draft guys who play behind crappy offensive lines.

The Rams have already lost G-Setterstrom and T-Gorin for the year and the season hasn't even started.

Orlando Pace missed half of the 2006 season.

He then missed the entire 2007 season.

Does anyone think he'll make it through a full 2008?

Steven Jackson knows what's happening to this team and wants to get paid before it gets even worse.

I have the 4th overall pick in my big-money redraft league on Saturday, and I'm going with Joe Addai over S-Jax.

There are just too many issues with Jackson and the Rams, and the situation is getting worse with an "improved" line sustaining season-ending injuries.

Addai isn't half the talent that Jackson is, but he's a sure bet for 1500 total yards and 13-14 TDs in that system.

News that they are making some progress in a deal, at least more than nothing. I just drew the 5th pick for my redraft league, the spot once looked like the best, getting 1 of LT AP Westy Addai or Jackson. Now I don't want Jackson their and no one else really deserves the spot.

I just took him at pick 6. I am not that worried. He ran all over the plae with a bad line last year.

Take a look at Larry Johnson from last year and expect the same from Jackson.

Both situations are similar...LJ sat out most of camp waiting for a new contract and then suffered through a injury filled season. Jackson will have the same fate.

RBs need training camp to get their bodies used to getting hit on a regular basis.

With that being said Jackson should still be drafted in the 1st round due to his upside.

Both situations are similar...LJ sat out most of camp waiting for a new contract and then suffered through a injury filled season. Jackson will have the same fate.

RBs need training camp to get their bodies used to getting hit on a regular basis.

With that being said Jackson should still be drafted in the 1st round due to his upside.

I don't know why we all predict injuries due to a holdout? There have been many backs through the years who held out or showed up at the last minute and didn't miss a beat.

I love this guy he is a beast. Pick 6 or later he is great value. You win in fantasy by taking chances.

I don't know why we all predict injuries due to a holdout? There have been many backs through the years who held out or showed up at the last minute and didn't miss a beat.

I love this guy he is a beast. Pick 6 or later he is great value. You win in fantasy by taking chances.

Yeah, but you lose your #1RB when he doesn't practice at all during the preseason and runs behind a line that is composed of guys from out of the stands...

Right now there are 10 players I'd take above Jackson...

Had my draft last night, I was 5, it went LT, ADP, Westbrook, Addai and I took Marion Barber. Too much risk on Steven Jackson and the Rams look awful from what I have seen on them this preseason.

If you knew SJax was going to turn out like LJ from last year, then why would you draft him at all?

I've been thinking about this comparison between 2007 LJ and 2008 SJax and I think there's one significant difference, LJ was coming off a season with a huge amount of carries if I remember correctly. But SJax missed a lot of last year so he's coming in fresh.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Still, I'm not taking SJax in round 1 or in round 2. I pick 8th and don't have him in my top 17.

You do not have to take chances to win fantasy and you can lose fantasy by taking chances. Picks 1 and 2 are no place to be taking chances, save that for later in the draft.

You do not have to take chances to win fantasy and you can lose fantasy by taking chances. Picks 1 and 2 are no place to be taking chances, save that for later in the draft.

Concur.

I had SJax last year and between a torn groin and no Orlando Pace he was essentially a wasted high pick.

Let someone else take the bullet - he's even money to get hurt with no training camp

You sir suck at Fantasy Football.

My draft isn't till September 3rd. I am guessing he'll have signed by then. If he hasn't signed by then, I can see him falling very far.

I have the 4th pick and he was one of my targets, but no way as of today.

I have the 4th overall pick in my big-money redraft league on Saturday, and I'm going with Joe Addai over S-Jax.

There are just too many issues with Jackson and the Rams, and the situation is getting worse with an "improved" line sustaining season-ending injuries.

Addai isn't half the talent that Jackson is, but he's a sure bet for 1500 total yards and 13-14 TDs in that system.

I've seen Addai go as high as 2. Sitting at 4, I wouldn't even have Jackson on my radar right now. I would be going Addai or Barber (assuming LT, AP, Westbrook are the top 3).

Jackson is primed for FAIL this season