Sign in to follow this  
phenom

What's the Worst Pick You've Seen In A Draft

There's always one retard that not only reaches for someone but takes the word reach to a whole new definition. I'm ready for a good laugh.....tell me what the funniest pick you saw this year was.

mine's easy.....$50 12 team league and the with the 14th overall pick of our live draft I hear...................Ronnie Brown!!!! :thumbsdown:

BTW the same owner thought it necessary to selct Pierre Thomas in the 7th :thumbsup:

#2 overall MBIII....from a dallas homer

#7 overall McFadden(here in Arkansas...not so surprising)

Not really a bad pick, but a guy selected David Bowie instead of Dwayne Bowe. We all had a good laugh out of it.

A Penn State homer drafted Tony Hunt in the 10th round on Wednesday.....

He's not even a lock to make the team and if he does it will likely be as a fullback.

#2 overall MBIII....from a dallas homer

#7 overall McFadden(here in Arkansas...not so surprising)

At this point I don't think you can call taking Barber at 2 completely laughable. He certainly should be considered to be in the top 5 picks.

I was looking through the draft of a league my friend plays in, and someone drafted Danny Amendola. That made me laugh. That's a deep, deep, deep sleeper. If you haven't been watching Hard Knocks, you've probably never heard of the guy.

Vincent Jackson in the fifth round, when Burress, Welker, Marshall, Bowe, and Jennings were all still on the board. Glad the guys in my division. :doublethumbsup:

years ago, someone selected Kordell 'slash' Stewart #1 in my league.... :doublethumbsup: :rolleyes:

A couple from my league that left me scratching my head:

Reaches:

Brady at 4th overall

SJax slipping to 8th overall

Manning at 11th (this was after Saturday listed out for 6+ weeks)

Outright laugh offs:

Kevin Curtis in the fourth (he also was the one that reached for Brady)

Hasselback in like the fifth round when D.A. and Warner still on the board. The guy did grab VY as his backup though in the 7th. :lol:

Someone drafted Ronnie Brown and Rudi Johnson. Not outright laughable early but still early.

Our auction was held last week. Towards the end we had several teams with a lot of cap space and few running backs so Rudi Johnson ended up going for $22.00 out of $100 cap space..

There were 3 teams bidding on him. I was laughing out loud at these guys but they were desperate.

Rudi was the 7th most expensive running back in the auction... :lol:

Somebody took the Chargers DEF in Round 6, and we all mocked him for reaching so early for a DEF and two picks later a guy took the Patriots DEF. After sitting and watching us mock the one guy for reaching, this guy reaches as well for a DEF.

Redskins Homer picked up Jason Campbell in the 7th, then in the 10th picked up Mark Brunell

"Gotta handcuff my qb"

"Dude...brunell is in New orleans"

In my 10-team, 20-round draft - FOUR teams have TWO kickers?!?

CIN RB R. Johnson went in the middle of the 5th round?!?

1st DEF taken was MIN - in the 6th round. In the 7th round, the SAME OWNER took DAL kicker. (He was one of the four team owners that took two KCRs - shocking, I know!)

In my 10-team, 20-round draft - FOUR teams have TWO kickers?!?

CIN RB R. Johnson went in the middle of the 5th round?!?

1st DEF taken was MIN - in the 6th round. In the 7th round, the SAME OWNER took DAL kicker. (He was one of the four team owners that took two KCRs - shocking, I know!)

What's wrong with 2 kickers? You will need one for the bye week anyway..

I have you all beat.....Newbie to FF I believe....In our live draft.

TAKEN AT 1.3 .......................CHICAGO BEARS DEFENSE!

No focking way; you're lying! :dunno:

WINNAH! That's got to be the dumbest move right there. :first:

To lambert58:

One can ALWAYS find a bye-week replacement for a kicker - WHEN you need one.

"Why" waste a roster-spot on a player you will use ONCE, when instead you can take a "flyer" on a skill player (SEA WR C. Taylor, for instance) - that you might actually use as a starter (e.g., when Seattle plays St. Louis)!

Can't compete with that. :overhead:

I'm in a keeper league, keep up to 7 but no minimum. Most RBs with a pulse are kept, and those that aren't/rooks are scooped up early. Last year with the second overall pick a guy picked Tom Brady. Brady? Are you nuts taking him that early?! I ridiculed him mercilessly. Err.... umm.... :bench:

I can give you a few all from the same guy in my $70 keeper league.

Portis #3 overall .... Sorry I just think the Skins offense has looked terrible

5.3 Stephen Gostkowski NE K

12.10 Najah Davenport FA RB

23.03 Drew Carter Oak WR .... We drafted the day after he tore his ACL.

Honorable Mention:

He kept Delhomme as his 7th rounder this year.

Last year some jerkoff took the Baltimore D with their first pick. Needless to say he wasn't invited back this year.

About 5 years ago, the year before I entered the league, my friend told me that a guy took Najeh Davenport with his first pick. They even stopped the draft and everybody tried to talk him out of it, letting him pick again. He was hell bent on taking Najeh, since he had read some article where Favre was talking him up. the dude is good friends with the commisioner and has been pleading to get back into the league since.

Nothing wild this year. LJ went with like the 7th pick, but other then that everything was standard.

got a new "chick" in a league i'm in. $50 buy-in 10 teamer. she is a hawks homer. she took hassellbeck in the 2nd round! :overhead: thanks for the $50 donation!

got a new "chick" in a league i'm in. $50 buy-in 10 teamer. she is a hawks homer. she took hassellbeck in the 2nd round! :overhead: thanks for the $50 donation!

Secretly, the ladies get moist over bald men.

In 1998, I got in a local league that has been in existence since 1985.....probably one of the oldest around. This is a 12 team church league and we have a live draft each season. Last night we drafted and the same story was told that is told every year during the 1st round that makes everyone tear-up from laughing so hard. This did occur before I became an owner, but we still having several founding members who witnessed it.

An owner had pick 1.3 and chose..........Al Del Greco!!!

:lol:

The following picks were taken in my 14-team main league:

2.06 Donovan McNabb

2.13 Michael Turner (ahead of Reggie Bush in a .5 PPR league. Bush went to me at 3.03. Figured that might happen.)

4.06 Julius Jones (ahead of both Chad Ocho Cinco and Calvin Johnson)

4.07 Ronnie Brown (ahead of both Chad Ocho Cinco and Calvin Johnson)

7.09 Bubba Franks

The following defenses went in the 6th or 7th round: Minnesota (6.01), San Diego (6.02), Pittsburgh (6.06), Chicago (7.02), & New England defense (7.08)

The following kickers were taken in the 9th or 10th round: Nick Folk (9.02), Shayne Graham (9.08), Adam Vinatieri (9.12), Nate Kaeding (10.04), & Rob Bironas (10.14)

The league drafted considerably better this year though. Some infamous picks I remember from last year include Chicago at 1.14, Baltimore at 2.11, and Devin Hester at 3.04. Somehow, probably because of the truly ridiculous number of injuries I have incurred each year (currently averaging three significant injuries a year to my top 6 picks/a player I got by trading my 3rd round pick for), I have never made the playoffs in my previous three years in this league and have an overall record of 13-26. Hopefully, I finally make the playoffs this year.

Back during the two-headed monster days in Chicago of Anthony Thomas and Thomas Jones, one of the guys in out league drafted Anthony Jones, trying pick both of them with one pick I guess.

Also, two years ago D. Davis went in the first after it was announced he was done for the year.

I don't have any off the wall picks yet. I have my main league draft on Monday. I have an all time classic from 2005. This was my first year in this 12 team IDP league. Dude at the turn, who was the commish AND defending league champion, selects Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher with his first 2 picks. His reasoning was that his IDP's carried him to the title the year before. I had 11th pick and was worried that he was going to take one of the players I had eyed up on the way back. I ended up getting both players I wanted, basically had 2 picks in a row. I ended up winning that league 2 years in a row and was not invited back for a third year.

The following picks were taken in my 14-team main league:

2.06 Donovan McNabb

2.13 Michael Turner (ahead of Reggie Bush in a .5 PPR league. Bush went to me at 3.03. Figured that might happen.)

4.06 Julius Jones (ahead of both Chad Ocho Cinco and Calvin Johnson)

4.07 Ronnie Brown (ahead of both Chad Ocho Cinco and Calvin Johnson)

7.09 Bubba Franks

The following defenses went in the 6th or 7th round: Minnesota (6.01), San Diego (6.02), Pittsburgh (6.06), Chicago (7.02), & New England defense (7.08)

The following kickers were taken in the 9th or 10th round: Nick Folk (9.02), Shayne Graham (9.08), Adam Vinatieri (9.12), Nate Kaeding (10.04), & Rob Bironas (10.14)

The league drafted considerably better this year though. Some infamous picks I remember from last year include Chicago at 1.14, Baltimore at 2.11, and Devin Hester at 3.04. Somehow, probably because of the truly ridiculous number of injuries I have incurred each year (currently averaging three significant injuries a year to my top 6 picks/a player I got by trading my 3rd round pick for), I have never made the playoffs in my previous three years in this league and have an overall record of 13-26. Hopefully, I finally make the playoffs this year.

Actually, I believe that the Turner pick could end up being a sweet one.....did anyone notice the 50 and 60 yard runs that the Burner was tearing off during preseason?

I had someone take Ronnie Brown in the 10 spot in a 50$ Money league. We all got a good laugh from a red faced fantasy donator

To lambert58:

One can ALWAYS find a bye-week replacement for a kicker - WHEN you need one.

"Why" waste a roster-spot on a player you will use ONCE, when instead you can take a "flyer" on a skill player (SEA WR C. Taylor, for instance) - that you might actually use as a starter (e.g., when Seattle plays St. Louis)!

I am a firm believer that kickers are an important part of fantasy football. I would not be happy with picking up any kicker as a bye week replacement when I can have two solid weapons. Not only is having 2 weapons good for my team but it also weakens other teams who don't put any thought into kickers.

If I have a kicker who is scoring 8-12 points consistantly it is much better than having a kicker who scores 2-6 consistantly. I would much rather have Crosby and Kaeding than picking up "any ole kicker".

Give me players who I know will play, despite position, instead of taking a flyer on a 5th wide receiver for the 49'ers any day.

years ago, someone selected Kordell 'slash' Stewart #1 in my league.... :thumbsup: :shocking:

My God I feel your pain, I did the same thing during my 1st fantasy draft in 98. urgh...

years ago, someone selected Kordell 'slash' Stewart #1 in my league.... :thumbsup: :shocking:

My God I feel your pain, I did the same thing during my 1st fantasy draft in 98. urgh...

In 1998, I got in a local league that has been in existence since 1985.....probably one of the oldest around. This is a 12 team church league and we have a live draft each season. Last night we drafted and the same story was told that is told every year during the 1st round that makes everyone tear-up from laughing so hard. This did occur before I became an owner, but we still having several founding members who witnessed it.

An owner had pick 1.3 and chose..........Al Del Greco!!!

:thumbsup:

wow. had to be joke, right? that is the worst pick of all time!