Sign in to follow this  
kwibby

Brandon Marshall

I'D like to get the freak but what would it cost? is the value of e.royal and a chris perry/or jonathan stewert enough for him and a scrub?

Not at all. You'd have to be giving up a top player in the deal.

I doubt that the Marshall owner would want to downgrade like that at WR, especially for another guy from Denver no less. And he prolly has 2 backs better than the 2 you'd offer.

So he downgrades at WR, and picks up RB depth for a Top 5 WR.

Up the ante.

I don't understand where these questions even come from. What kind of league are people in where this type of trade would happen. If I own Brandon Marshall and was looking to trade him, I'd need to really be hurting at another position. Maybe I was a Tom Brady owner with deep WR's and was offered Manning or Brees. Maybe I drafted Addai or MJD and someone offered me Gore or Portis. Nobody playing in any sort of competitive league is going to make the kind of trades you listed. If I'm giving up a stud I want a stud in return. I don't want your 2 mediocre players for my 1 stud. If you are going to offer a two for 1 deal, atleast come correct. I'd atleast want a WR of the Hines Ward/Tory Holt caliber, along with a one of those RB's you listed. Even then, I'd really need to be hurting at RB to consider it.

I don't understand where these questions even come from. What kind of league are people in where this type of trade would happen. If I own Brandon Marshall and was looking to trade him, I'd need to really be hurting at another position. Maybe I was a Tom Brady owner with deep WR's and was offered Manning or Brees. Maybe I drafted Addai or MJD and someone offered me Gore or Portis. Nobody playing in any sort of competitive league is going to make the kind of trades you listed. If I'm giving up a stud I want a stud in return. I don't want your 2 mediocre players for my 1 stud. If you are going to offer a two for 1 deal, atleast come correct. I'd atleast want a WR of the Hines Ward/Tory Holt caliber, along with a one of those RB's you listed. Even then, I'd really need to be hurting at RB to consider it.

While I agree the initial offer from the OP was laughable, I cant see anyone giving up any of the 4 studs you suggested (Manning, Brees, Gore, or Portis). I don't move this guy, Denver is in for a huge offensive year, now if someone is in love and gives me silly value then I may concider it but I he is a guy I give much more value than the consensus.

While I agree the initial offer from the OP was laughable, I cant see anyone giving up any of the 4 studs you suggested (Manning, Brees, Gore, or Portis). I don't move this guy, Denver is in for a huge offensive year, now if someone is in love and gives me silly value then I may concider it but I he is a guy I give much more value than the consensus.

got him ... i gave up plexiglass and turner for brandon and thomas jones. yes my 1st trade scenerio was weak but thats how trades get started. i might of lost on the trade but with denvers offense going nuts i went for it. now i try to package royal and stewert for a greg jennings

I don't move this guy, Denver is in for a huge offensive year, now if someone is in love and gives me silly value then I may concider it but I he is a guy I give much more value than the consensus.

:banana: :wall: :doh:

got him ... i gave up plexiglass and turner for brandon and thomas jones. yes my 1st trade scenerio was weak but thats how trades get started. i might of lost on the trade but with denvers offense going nuts i went for it. now i try to package royal and stewert for a greg jennings

I really don't think this helped you as much as you think. In case you haven't noticed, Plax is putting up sick numbers as well.

One WR in the NFL I would trade straight up for Bmarsh from a fantasy perspective.

T. Owens

One WR in the NFL I would trade straight up for Bmarsh from a fantasy perspective.

T. Owens

And I have them both along with Larry Fitzgerald! :mad: :o

And I have them both along with Larry Fitzgerald! :mad: :o

Who does your nana have at WR?

c'mon... it's possible... i've got brandon marshall, randy moss, and santonio holmes in a dynasty league... and if i hadn't done a dumb trade last year i'd also have reggie wayne. (stupid larry johnson.... not sure why i ever even wanted him)

It's possible to have those players in a 10 team redraft if it was early enough most people thought Brandon's suspension was 3 games still. Could be something like:

1.10 Owens

2.01 Fitz

3.10 Brandon Marshall

4.01 Earnest Graham/Turner

5.10 Kevin Smith/Matt Forte

In one 10-team I got Owens & Marshall myself:

1.08 Portis

2.03 Owens

3.08 Marshall

4.03 Graham

5.08 Kellen Winslow

It is actually a very competitive league. Not a single rookie in the bunch. And yes it is a 10 team re-draft. I was 5th.

1.05 - Westbrook

2.16 - T.O.

3.25 - Fitz

4.36 - Ben

5.45 - Marshall

I took a hit with my RB#2 as expected with Jacobs and LenWhale...Qb's went early and often and a couple owners went RB heavy early which is understandable. I was shocked to get Westy at 5 but the owner at 4 just wasn't a fan of his. First 5 were: L.T., A.P., SJAX, Addai, Westy (Me).

And yes it was an early draft when Marshall's suspension was still listed as 3 games.

I'm trying to trade Brees for Marshall now. This guy is deep as hell at WR, so we'll see if that's enough to get it done.

I own Marshall, Owens, and Fitz as well (my first 3 picks) but I suck at RB (CJohnson, White, Perry, etc) but I'm reluctant to trade any of my WRs because they are carrying me...I think of my WRs as my RBs and vice versa, cause my WRs are basically producing as 3 RB1s

It is actually a very competitive league. Not a single rookie in the bunch. And yes it is a 10 team re-draft. I was 5th.

1.05 - Westbrook

2.16 - T.O.

3.25 - Fitz

4.36 - Ben

5.45 - Marshall

I took a hit with my RB#2 as expected with Jacobs and LenWhale...Qb's went early and often and a couple owners went RB heavy early which is understandable. I was shocked to get Westy at 5 but the owner at 4 just wasn't a fan of his. First 5 were: L.T., A.P., SJAX, Addai, Westy (Me).

And yes it was an early draft when Marshall's suspension was still listed as 3 games.

i think the notion of getting jacobs in the 6th or later is a bit silly - but perhaps your scoring is differnet than mine

Yes, because every league is a re-draft league.

um even in a redraft league its more than possible...

some people are just too dumb

i think the notion of getting jacobs in the 6th or later is a bit silly - but perhaps your scoring is differnet than mine

I don't really agree with this. Not too many people were high on Jacobs in Mid-August. He is injury prone and in a heavy RBBC. Early in the season it is looking like a good pick so far but I don't think guys are retards for passing on him so often.

Um, excuse me while I whip this out...

I think my WR will top anybody at this point...#8 pick, 10 team league...

2.03 - Reggie Wayne

3.08 - Andre Johnson

6.03 - Brandon Marshall (drafted when his suspension was still 2/3 games)

9.08 - Santana Moss

WW - Marques Colston (dropped Sidney Rice and picked him after he was dropped with only the hope of having him in Week 8 to cover Johnson and Marshall bye weeks, however, Johnson bye week moved to Week 2, so I don't even need him...trade bait for later. If he comes back healthy in week 6/7 I'll package him and a lesser RB to upgrade my RB spots a bit).

At this point I would trade any of those WR, and a couple of my RB, before I would trade Marshall. He is an absolute freak and may finish as the top WR in the league despite missing the game due to suspension. When the kid says he wants 140 receptions, now I believe him.

I'd take this over Wayne, AJohnson, Marshall any day:

Owens, Fitzgerald, Marshall

S Moss doesn't even deserve to be mentioned (one-week wonder), get you 25 pts one week, 3 the next. Of course youre mentioning him after the big week.

Colston missing 1/2 the year, may be a factor for the playoffs

And I got mine with the 10th pick in a 12 team!

I'd take this over Wayne, AJohnson, Marshall any day:

Owens, Fitzgerald, Marshall

I agree :dunno:

12-team redraft I got Wayne, marshall and Calvin Johnson :dunno:

I think...

1. Grant

2. Wayne

3. Graham

4. Marshall

5. Maroney

6. Calvin

7 Cutler

12-team redraft I got Wayne, marshall and Calvin Johnson :thumbsdown:

I think...

1. Grant

2. Wayne

3. Graham

4. Marshall

5. Maroney

6. Calvin

7 Cutler

We're talking about this year, not last year.

HTH

Um, excuse me while I whip this out...

I think my WR will top anybody at this point...#8 pick, 10 team league...

2.03 - Reggie Wayne

3.08 - Andre Johnson

6.03 - Brandon Marshall (drafted when his suspension was still 2/3 games)

9.08 - Santana Moss

WW - Marques Colston (dropped Sidney Rice and picked him after he was dropped with only the hope of having him in Week 8 to cover Johnson and Marshall bye weeks, however, Johnson bye week moved to Week 2, so I don't even need him...trade bait for later. If he comes back healthy in week 6/7 I'll package him and a lesser RB to upgrade my RB spots a bit).

At this point I would trade any of those WR, and a couple of my RB, before I would trade Marshall. He is an absolute freak and may finish as the top WR in the league despite missing the game due to suspension. When the kid says he wants 140 receptions, now I believe him.

Wow what a trip. I also picked 8 in a 10 team and my WR's are:

Wayne

Marshall

SSmith

SMoss

Anyway, good luck to anyone trying to acquire Marshall. Especially in a PPR. He caught over 100 passes last year and very very possibly could finish the year as the #1WR. I would almost call him untouchable. Especially in PPR league. I would even hesitate and probably decline LT or Sjax for him right now. Again, in a PPR league. I would take Westbrook.

My 12 Tean redraft (while Marshall was still suspended)

Marshall 3.11 and Calvin went 4.09

How the hell are ya'll getting those guys in the 6-8 rounds? :thumbsdown:

I really hate it when people say: Join a real league! but damn, if I am in a 12 man and its the 6th round and both Calvin and Marsahall were on the board I would be laughing at my league members.

I really hate it when people say: Join a real league! but damn, if I am in a 12 man and its the 6th round and both Calvin and Marsahall were on the board I would be laughing at my league members.

if you drafted in early august it was probably the case in a 10 teamer... in a 12 teamer prolly 5th rounders....

agree...I got Marshall in the 3rd while he was still suspended also (after Owens and Fitz in the 1st 2). Any league where he lasted until the 6th probably has a lot of girls drafting in it.

Round Pick Player Position

1. (11) Ryan Grant RB

2. (14) Reggie Wayne WR

3. (33) Earnest Graham RB

4. (36) Brandon Marshall WR

5. (55) Laurence Maroney RB

6. (58) Calvin Johnson WR

7. (77) Kevin Smith RB

8. (80) Jay Cutler QB

9. (99) Rob Bironas K

10. (102) Vincent Jackson WR

11. (121) Kevin Walter WR

12. (124) Green Bay DEF

13. (143) Owen Daniels TE

actually I was slightly wrong, I didnt take Cutler till the 8th. :thumbsdown:

agree...I got Marshall in the 3rd while he was still suspended also (after Owens and Fitz in the 1st 2). Any league where he lasted until the 6th probably has a lot of girls drafting in it.

That is such a moronic thing to say. We drafted August 17th..Pretty early. The guy was said to be suspended for 3 games. He was coming off of his first and only good season. Not to mention there were at that time some injury concerns if I am not mistaken. Trust me I am thrilled that I landed Marshall when I did, but I don't think it diminishes my league or the owners in it.

Steve Smith was also suspended at the time of my draft and he went early based on his past of several excellent seasons.

I'D like to get the freak but what would it cost? is the value of e.royal and a chris perry/or jonathan stewert enough for him and a scrub?

That might be the worst trade I've ever heard. Marshall is all but sure to finish this year as a top 3 receiver. There needs to be another marquee player involved.

I have Fitz, Andre Johnson and Marshall. I imagine a lot of people got Marshall later then his actual value.

Marshall is a tremendous physical talent hitting his prime at the same time as his QB (who locks onto him like a mofo). Plus Denver's defense sucks. There are only a few players in the entire league I would trade him for.

If somebody came at me with a lame trade offer such as the one the topic creator brought up I would punch him in the face twice, right in front of his wife and kids. Then I would fock his wife.

in a 14tm competitive redraft league

my wrs are:

Andre JOhnson

B. Marshall

cotchery

crayton

b. johnson

i am actually thinking about trading marshall/ rasario for LT/winslow

That is such a moronic thing to say. We drafted August 17th..Pretty early. The guy was said to be suspended for 3 games. He was coming off of his first and only good season. Not to mention there were at that time some injury concerns if I am not mistaken. Trust me I am thrilled that I landed Marshall when I did, but I don't think it diminishes my league or the owners in it.

Steve Smith was also suspended at the time of my draft and he went early based on his past of several excellent seasons.

We drafted early also, before the suspension was reduced, for him to go that late in your draft is lucky for you, I don't see how based on a 100+ catch season last year that he could have been considered anything but a top 10 WR this year even with the suspension

Come on now... it is co,mpletely possible to have TO, Fitz and Marshall on a team (especially in a 10 team league). Remember... a lot of people drafted at a time when Marshall was believed to have a 3 game suspension.

We drafted early also, before the suspension was reduced, for him to go that late in your draft is lucky for you, I don't see how based on a 100+ catch season last year that he could have been considered anything but a top 10 WR this year even with the suspension

because 3 games is generally around 1/4 of the fantasy regular season?

yes my 1st trade scenerio was weak but thats how trades get started.

Weak doesn't begin to describe your original offer. It actually sets a bad tone, because people expect you'll try to rip them off, so may ask for more than they otherwise would because maybe lingering in the back of their mind is "I like this offer, but I wonder if he's lowballing me"

i might of lost on the trade but with denvers offense going nuts i went for it. now i try to package royal and stewert for a greg jennings

I might keep Royal as insurance for Marshall, and if Stewart emerges as the starter, you may regret that.

Come on now... it is co,mpletely possible to have TO, Fitz and Marshall on a team (especially in a 10 team league). Remember... a lot of people drafted at a time when Marshall was believed to have a 3 game suspension.

You are right, my bad. I wasn't taking into account when some leagues draft, my bad.

I have a big problem with drafting before the last pre season game is played, unless it's for free or $50 bucks.

My big money league is 14 teams and we draft on Wed before the season starts, to avoid things like this. 10 team leagues are a joke too, imho.

10 team leagues are a joke too, imho.

No kidding. We had to drop a couple knuckleheads from our league this year, and it's just not the same. It drives me crazy, some of the names you still see in the FA pool.