Sign in to follow this  
ramblin'wreck

Let's talk Randy Moss

He has been terrible since Tom Brady went down.. I heard it's not only the stats line that should concern any Moss owner out there, but also that he seemed to be less interested in the game and that will never be good (remember the Oakland experiment?).. I don't think he can put up a WR1 number this year, but my question is do you think he can be a buy low candidate for a WR2 type of guy on my team? I also had Brandon Marshall as my WR1.

Now if you were to trade for Moss right now, which player will you be willing to give up to get Moss?

Moss just fell in the untradeable status. He joins the likes of Chad Johnson, Steven Jackson and a few others.

They suck, but there is still the potential there to put it all together and blow up!! The offers you will get for Moss are too low. If you try to get Moss you won't offer enough. He's a QB play away from being back to a top wr. Maybe not the top wr, but in the mix.

Moss just fell in the untradeable status. He joins the likes of Chad Johnson, Steven Jackson and a few others.

They suck, but there is still the potential there to put it all together and blow up!! The offers you will get for Moss are too low. If you try to get Moss you won't offer enough. He's a QB play away from being back to a top wr. Maybe not the top wr, but in the mix.

Yea its a tough situation. Cassel didnt throw the long ball once and doesnt look off receivers. He just isn't the QB i thought he would be. Maybe opening up the playbook more for him and letting him at least attempt one deep pass will help. But yea he is pretty much untradeable because you arent going to get close to his value/potential

I just offered McFadden and Favre for Randy Moss. Maybe I should retract the trade offer. ?

I just traded Moss for Roy Williams. So I think pull back that offer

I just moved Moss for Kurt Warner and Justin Gage in a re-draft. My QBs were Delhomme and JT O'Sullivan (who has performed well but against crap teams). I was pretty solid at WR with Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings and Lav Coles and he had Drew Brees at his starting QB and crap for WRs.

I knew he was shopping Warner around for a WR with no results thus far. Guess he fugured the risk of Moss returning to respectability was worth the price of a backup QB and I figured even if Moss does put up some nice games, he will no longer be a monster with Cassell and Warner is a legt top 5 QB now.

I just traded Moss for Roy Williams. So I think pull back that offer

I just revoked the trade offer. I'd like to get a WR1 out of McFadden somehow, but not sure Randy Moss is a WR1 anymore.

Unless they get a better QB in there moss isnt worth a damn! I was watching the game on sunday he basically quit out there. Teams arent afraid of the Pats without Brady plain and simple.

He is way undervalued right now and I would make a low ball offer for him in a second. During the bye week is the best time to trade for an under performing player as teams can fix a lot of issues in that week.

The issues have not all been on Moss or Cassel. They have had issues with the o-line and the scheme has been terrible for his production. NE will undoubtedly be making some changes during the bye week and expect things to look a lot better for Moss in two weeks.

Moss owner here.

I agree that he is untradeable at this point. My team is pretty strong other than the one WR slot that Moss is taking up. I dont think Id get more than a low WR2 for Moss at this point. I dont see much point in making that trade.

QUESTION: Can the Pats suck it this bad all season without making a change at QB? Cassel isnt the QB of the future - this isnt a high draft pick who was going to be groomed to be Brady's replacement. I dont see the Belicheat sticking with Cassel all season if the teams continues to perform poorly on offense. Will Bellicheat pack it in for the season and coast to a losing record this season with Cassel at the helm? Bring in a Gus Frerote type QB and you at least can "manage the game." Im hoping this will happen and Moss will put up some decent WR2 type numbers late in the season with the potential for a big game or two when fantasy playoffs roll around.

He is way undervalued right now and I would make a low ball offer for him in a second. During the bye week is the best time to trade for an under performing player as teams can fix a lot of issues in that week.

The issues have not all been on Moss or Cassel. They have had issues with the o-line and the scheme has been terrible for his production. NE will undoubtedly be making some changes during the bye week and expect things to look a lot better for Moss in two weeks.

Are you serious? Did you watch the game on sunday? He gave up on 2 plays...cassel under throws him and over threw him. Its over for Moss this year he isnt even gonna be a top 20 wideout! Unless they get a real QB in there he isnt worth a damn

I'm attempting to trade for him. I'm weak at WR already, so why not. I have depth at RB and have offered LJ, who I think is a prime Trade-High candidate. As has been said, they have to do something over bye week, whether get offense more in sync, or ideally, bring in a strong arm QB FA.

Agree. I don't have him and I'm glad I don't but I do own Chad Johnson. The difference is Moss went in a lot of 1st rounds and Chad Johnson is my #3 WR. I'm so glad I don't have Moss. The future does not look bright at the moment, because of the QB situation. Every Patriot player is untradeable right now thanks to Matt Cassell. We'll see how good of a coach Bellichick is this year with a high school QB at the helm all year. So far, not so good.

Are you serious? Did you watch the game on sunday? He gave up on 2 plays...cassel under throws him and over threw him. Its over for Moss this year he isnt even gonna be a top 20 wideout! Unless they get a real QB in there he isnt worth a damn

So don't trade for him then. I did see parts of the game, and the issues are a lot more involved. You have a young QB who was thrust into the starting position. I've seen enough football to realize that things can get fixed in the bye week, and I've also seen enough of Moss to know that he is capable of performing despite poor QB play.

Don't under estimate the role protection and scheme have played in his performance the past two weeks, and don't underestimate the ability of BB to fix some of those things. I'll take a shot at Moss for the asking price.

and I've also seen enough of Moss to know that he is capable of performing despite poor QB play.

Ummmmm when? I agree the QB play in Minny was not stellar - but he actually had QBs that threw the ball deep extremely well (Cunningham and Culpepper), and a strong Running game to keep Def's honest. How did he do in Oakland with poor QB play?? :wall:

So don't trade for him then. I did see parts of the game, and the issues are a lot more involved. You have a young QB who was thrust into the starting position. I've seen enough football to realize that things can get fixed in the bye week, and I've also seen enough of Moss to know that he is capable of performing despite poor QB play.

Don't under estimate the role protection and scheme have played in his performance the past two weeks, and don't underestimate the ability of BB to fix some of those things. I'll take a shot at Moss for the asking price.

I cant I own him in all my leagues!!!! I just traded him for Roy Williams. Other than that I had no offers for Moss other than Edwards but the guy backed out last second before we did the deal

Ummmmm when? I agree the QB play in Minny was not stellar - but he actually had QBs that threw the ball deep extremely well (Cunningham and Culpepper), and a strong Running game to keep Def's honest. How did he do in Oakland with poor QB play?? :ninja:

Cunningham was at the very end of his career. Culpepper was never a very good NFL QB -poor decision maker, lots of turnovers, and throwing to Moss his whole carreer was a HUGE reason he looked so good. And when guys like Todd Bowman came in, Moss always put up big numbers because all they did was loft it up to him and let him work. He's had success with Brad Johnson and Jeff George as well.

Cunningham was at the very end of his career. Culpepper was never a very good NFL QB -poor decision maker, lots of turnovers, and throwing to Moss his whole carreer was a HUGE reason he looked so good. And when guys like Todd Bowman came in, Moss always put up big numbers because all they did was loft it up to him and let him work. He's had success with Brad Johnson and Jeff George as well.

I agree he made some average quarterbacks look better, but he needs a QB that can actually throw the ball deep, and a running game to keep DEF honest...There's no QB on the Pats, besides Brady, that makes Moss his usual self. His situation is turning more into his situation in Oakland then it ever was in Minnesota...Good luck winning with Moss this year :thumbsup:

Nothing makes me happier than watching that malcontent fock the Raiders to go get a ring in New England, get the rug yanked out from under him by the Gints, and now going back to his old malcontent ways with Cassell.

And NE is going to have a big locker room problem on its hands before too long.

Big, fat, steaming KARMA sandwich! :thumbsup:

I agree he made some average quarterbacks look better, but he needs a QB that can actually throw the ball deep, and a running game to keep DEF honest...There's no QB on the Pats, besides Brady, that makes Moss his usual self. His situation is turning more into his situation in Oakland then it ever was in Minnesota...Good luck winning with Moss this year :thumbsup:

Get a grip. His usual self? I didn't say he would have 17 TDs, and I'm not talking about trading my 1st rounder for him. :rolleyes:

Every year owners give up on ill performing far too early. Moss had a good half in week 1 with Cassell catching a 50 yarder and a TD and has since had two bad games. Writing off players based on a couple bad games, particularly with a bye week coming where teams make adjustments and correct issues is rookie mistake 101. NE has not had a chance to adjust for the loss of Brady, so we'll see what happens after the bye week.

Thanks for your input on this. I figured I would give Randy another week, after his bye, before i jump off the cliff. I have heard he was taking some plays off, but i liked his attitude in front of the camera, after the games. They need him, and he needs some new gameplanning. Belicheck is suppose to be good at this.

Ummmmm when? I agree the QB play in Minny was not stellar - but he actually had QBs that threw the ball deep extremely well (Cunningham and Culpepper), and a strong Running game to keep Def's honest. How did he do in Oakland with poor QB play?? :wall:

Moss doesn't need a running game.

Just a QB that looks at all the wr's each play.

throws to the open receiver.

Isn't a qb set into only throwing to option 1 and option 2 without any outlet potential.

Was reason he excelled so well l with Gus during his first run in MN.

Gus looked at the field, not just the half the play was scripted for.

Does Cassel have this ability?

Cpepper has the arm to throw it to Moss, etc.

But if Cpepper tell is still present, isn't going to be an answer better than what they have got.

Thanks for your input on this. I figured I would give Randy another week, after his bye, before i jump off the cliff. I have heard he was taking some plays off, but i liked his attitude in front of the camera, after the games. They need him, and he needs some new gameplanning. Belicheck is suppose to be good at this.

The way I look at it, he was fine in week one with Cassell in there catching a 50 yarder and a TD. He's since had two bad weeks, but the issue have also been more than just the QB play. Some of it is scheme, and some of it has been protection. But the fact of the matter is, it has only been two bad games, and we see guys start out with a couple bad games and rebound all the time --and the bye week is the often the best time for things to get corrected.

Keep in mind NE has not had much of a chance to make adjustments for the loss of Brady. Perhaps they will be able to correct some things over the next two weeks. It happens ever year, so well see. I'm not saying he will rebound. No one knows. But unlike most, I'm not going to rule it out.

I know a lot of people are drawing comparisons to Oakland, but I see several significant differences. For starters, Moss is 100% healthy, which he wasn't in Oakland. Second, there still is a lot more surrounding talent in NE than he had out West. Third is coaching, which is not even comparable.

Let's see what happens.

I got TJHoush and Winslow giving Moss and D.Clark. There are always guys who will want him for name only.

I got TJHoush and Winslow giving Moss and D.Clark. There are always guys who will want him for name only.

Wow. Nice trade. I made the moss/ witten for fitz/ hightower trade earlier and it was veto'd down the the league........Now the trade up is Moss/Witten for Fitz/Ike hillard not sure i am gonna take it

Possibly getting Moss/Jacobs and Delhomme for Warner/L.White/S.Morris. I'm willing to gamble that Moss will return as a top WR by mid season, if not I have Fitzgerald and A.J. This is the time I think to get Moss for next to nothing

Let's be honest here. Moss has all the ability in the world but he's never had heart. He's always phoned it in at the first sign adversity. He's even admitted it. Sorry, Moss owner's, looks like your #1 WR is going to be taking some plays off...like all of them.

I've been offered Moss for my Cotchery and Felix Jones. My team:

Start 2 RB's: Thomas Jones, Fred Taylor, Kevin Smith, Rudi Johnson, and Felix Jones.

Start 3 WR's: Cotchery, DeSean Jackson, Chad Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, Antonio Bryant, and Hank Basket

What should I do? Unless Felix Jones gets to start over MB3 I will never play him. I think that Moss will out produce Cotchery. I'm really torn <_<

i was just offered philip rivers for randy moss straight up. since i'm rolling with jason campbell, i'm going to do the deal.

so long randy.

Let's be honest here. Moss has all the ability in the world but he's never had heart. He's always phoned it in at the first sign adversity. He's even admitted it. Sorry, Moss owner's, looks like your #1 WR is going to be taking some plays off...like all of them.

he had 3 targets week 2 and 8 last week, cassel actually has to look his way, not moss' fault yet anyways.