Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

Draft day regrets...

Halfway through the season, im thinking back to draft day. Burger in one hand, draft sheet in the other.

Biggest mistakes:

Tom Brady QB first round? Never again

Ryan Grant over Larry Fitzgerald. Could not be so bad if he can turn it on...but still

Santonio Holmes over Steve Smith Not too far off...but Holmes has disappointed this year

Brady, Grant, and Holmes have me at 3-5. If I went with RB round 1, and Fitz and Smith. Im sure Id be in a better spot

Not showing up to the draft on time so they game me Torry Holt with my first pick and kellen winslow with my second.........OUCH

First Round, 1.07 - Joseph Addai

MBIII went 1.08

Second Round, 2.05 - Braylon Edwards

Portis went 2.06

Had a good draft overall, but those two hurt. Those two hurt really bad.

First Round, 1.07 - Joseph Addai

MBIII went 1.08

Second Round, 2.05 - Braylon Edwards

Portis went 2.06

Had a good draft overall, but those two hurt. Those two hurt really bad.

Your second team has like 6 players thatare in the top 20(predraft rankings) is it a keeper or 8 team league.

Took Grant, LJ, Anderson & Roy in my auction draft.. Luckily, i'm a trading fool and mostly righted the ship. I took some shiot around here, but i'm scoring a lot better now.

If only SJax would get back on the field, all should turn out okay.

Looking back I've dropped (in red) a number of them:

1. Brian Westbrook RB

2. Ryan Grant RB

3. Andre Johnson WR

4. Anquan Boldin WR

5. Kellen Winslow TE

6. Derek Anderson QB

7. Earnest Graham RB

8. Fred Taylor RB

9. Kurt Warner QB

10. Vincent Jackson WR

11. Bernard Berrian WR

12. Jacksonville DEF

13. Neil Rackers K

Of course the biggest regret was Grant in second round. He's only started one week for me. Derek Anderson never started and by week 5 he was on the scrap heap.

Never ever agin will I draft after an all night drunk fest and 3 hours sleep. My draft:

1. (4) Tom Brady QB

2. (19) Andre Johnson WR

3. (22) Darren McFadden RB

4. (39) Chad Johnson WR

5. (42) Kevin Smith RB

6. (59) Ricky Williams RB

7. (62) Jerricho Cotchery WR

8. (79) Deuce McAllister RB

9. (82) Chris Cooley TE

10. (99) DeSean Jackson WR

11. (102) Brett Favre QB

12. (119) Joey Galloway WR

13. (122) Felix Jones RB

14. (139) Indianapolis DEF

15. (142) Adam Vinatieri K

16. (159) Tennessee DEF

I bolded the only player I still have on team after starting the year off 0-4. My current team:

QB: Marc Bulger, Tony Romo

WR: Bernard Berrian, Steve Breaston, Matt Jones, Wes Welker, Roy Williams

RB: Steve Slaton, Mewelde Moore, Ryan Grant, Willie Parker, Ryan Torain

TE: Tony Gonzalez, Chris Cooley

Still not pretty but I've won the last 4 weeks

Drafting Kevin Smith ahead of Forte. Forte went the next pick after I took Smith :pointstosky:

Halfway through the season, im thinking back to draft day. Burger in one hand, draft sheet in the other.

Biggest mistakes:

Tom Brady QB first round? Never again

Ryan Grant over Larry Fitzgerald. Could not be so bad if he can turn it on...but still

Santonio Holmes over Steve Smith Not too far off...but Holmes has disappointed this year

Brady, Grant, and Holmes have me at 3-5. If I went with RB round 1, and Fitz and Smith. Im sure Id be in a better spot

Wayne at 1.11 (of 12)? (two bad weeks of production, yes against bad teams, but...and possible out this week)

TO at 2.2

Parker at 3.11

McFadden at 6.2 even with lots of RBs gone

Being too afraid to take McNabb, Warner, or Schaub.

Scoffing at Berrian even late.

Before the bottom fell out on my team, being the #2 scorer losing to the #1 scorer twice in the 1st six weeks. I'd have been 6-0 or even 5-1 instead of 4-2 before losing 3 straight.

Grabbed Hass off waivers and waited word on him for 2 weeks instead of trying out Orton, who intrigued me.

Did score nicely getting Ronnie Brown in the 9th round. Did avoid Braylon and Derek Anderson. Grabbed a released Duece a week before his relevance came and Bush got hurt only to hear that he might get suspended. At least I should get 2 more games from him. Been my most trying season probably ever. Some is bad luck, some is my bad judgment.

Your second team has like 6 players thatare in the top 20(predraft rankings) is it a keeper or 8 team league.

Goofball yardage league where the MVPs are returners (Darren Sproles, Leon Washington and Johnny Lee Higgins are the 3 best W/R in the league...). Joshua Cribbs got drafted before Braylon, Ted Ginn went ahead of Ronnie Brown, etc.

It's a money league I joined because I wanted to try IDP, but really it's a yardage league - my team MVPs are Brees, Quinten Demps, Norwood, and Brian Witherspoon. Megatron, Moss and T.O. don't even start (TDs are next to worthless...some weeks I score over 1,500).

1st half of my draft:

(10) Moss WR2

(11) Gore RB3

(30) Fitz WR4

(31) Brees QB5

(50) Bush RB

(51) TJ RB

(70) Turner RB

(71) Harrison WR

(90) CJ2 WR

(91) Cotchery WR

Surreal...oh well, easy money once I figured out the scoring system.

12 team redraft; I'm lucky to be 7-1 w/ highest pts, but then I think of what could've been... Took Gore who fell to me at 1.10; then took Lynch at 2.03 (instead of Portis who went 2 picks later); took Santonio w/ pick 4.03 (my biggest reach, as it turns out) & Jennings was taken right after that.

I was lucky to have Roddy White fall to me at 7.10, taking the sting away from not getting Jennings...but still, a start 3 WR corps of Marshall, Jennings & White would be SICK (I primarily use Cotch right now, taken w/ pick 5.10)!!!

Had picks 1.04 and 1.05 in a rookie dynasty. Was all set for weeks to take Chris Johnson and Matt Forte. Took Johnson at 1.04 :pointstosky: . Took Ray Rice at 1.05 :wub: .

I drafted from the 11th slot...

1. (11) Reggie Wayne WR

2. (14) Larry Fitzgerald WR

3. (35) Earnest Graham RB

4. (38) Drew Brees QB

5. (59) Selvin Young RB

6. (62) Tony Gonzalez TE

7. (83) DeAngelo Williams RB

8. (86) Ricky Williams RB

9. (107) Chester Taylor RB

10. (110) Brett Favre QB

11. (131) Derrick Mason WR

12. (134) Justin Gage WR

13. (155) Bobby Engram WR

14. (158) Buffalo DEF

15. (179) Kris Brown K

My current line up is in my sig... I trade Favre and Gonzo for LT. I think my biggest blunder was Selvin Young... what was I thinking?

Trading Peyton Manning for Carson Palmer and Torry Holt in a ppc and ppr league.

Trade looked awesome at the time.

1. (1) LaDainian Tomlinson

2. (20) Marques Colston

3. (21) Drew Brees

4. (40) Kellen Winslow

5. (41) Plaxico Burress

6. (60) Selvin Young

7. (61) Reggie Williams

8. (80) Jerricho Cotchery

9. (81) Dallas

10. (100) Mason Crosby

11. (101) Nate Burleson

12. (120) Maurice Morris

13. (121) Jon Kitna

14. (140) Derrick Mason

15. (141) Tony Scheffler

16. (160) New York

But considering FA pickups my team looks alright now but stil sitting at 5-3. I guess it could be worse. But i'm hoping it wont

Ifi change anything i will never pick up a TE at #3. Should've been a RB. I was thrown off by winslow's numbers from 07.

Pick 9 in a 12 team league ... I took Randy Moss over Portis.

The first time and last time take a WR in the first round ... Very costly mistake

colston early, and kevin smith of detroit over michael turner or matt forte or chris johnson.

i played the rookie rb roulette and failed miserably - thinking with detroits air game and them affirming a commitment to t he run as well, it would be a good year even with that idiot martz.

boy was i dumb.

colston early, and kevin smith of detroit over michael turner or matt forte or chris johnson.

i played the rookie rb roulette and failed miserably - thinking with detroits air game and them affirming a commitment to t he run as well, it would be a good year even with that idiot martz.

boy was i dumb.

Yeah, Martz wasn't there. You were wrong on 2 accounts. I eff up all the time though, can't hate on you

Keeper league .. kept Holmes (9th) and Grant (7th) over Graham (7th) and Jacobs (3rd).

Jacobs was an easy choice to drop out of consideration this past summer. Last year he spent way too many weeks injured to burn a keeper spot on him. Graham, on the other hand, I'm still kicking myself about. I was worried about his age and splitting time with Dunn and/or Caddy. Coulda had him as a 7th rounder.

At least MBIII in the 6th has been paying off!

Oh, and kept telling myself to take Hightower in late rounds, but instead picked up guys like Toomer and J Jones. Hightower could have been good for a 15th round pick next year. Instead I got him of the waiver wire putting him at round 7 next year as a keeper.

I wish I thought more about Roddy White. I took Megatron over Steve Smith, Burress, and Ocho Cinco. The only one I regret was taking him over Smith. But I already took Marshall. Didn't want to play off too many suspensions.

Wish I didn't think I was stealing Harrison in the 5th round. And my later picks were pretty much worthless.

My biggest mistake was letting Cutler go instead of Kitna. For some reason I made a mental error and drafted three QBs. I choose Kitna over Cutler based on his weapons. I didn't know Royal would be so sick. Anyhow, I still have serviceable QBs in McNabb and Campbell.

Addai... huge bust so far. I wanted to take MBIII, but somehow was convinced not to. Getting Housh in round 4 and going after Fred Taylor for a back up RB. Bad bad bad decisions.

I drafted 7th in a pack of 12

1st round was Marion Barber - Good

2nd round was Peyton Manning - regretting

3rd round Anquan Boldin - Very Good

4th round Santonio Holmes - Very Bad

These 2 me are the most important picks in your draft. Instead of Manning I could have gotten Lynch, MJD, and good quality WR. Meanwhile could have gotten Warner, Rivers, Rodgers, Cutler somehwere is rounds 5 to 8.

4th round was a busted pick as I could have picked up a better WR than Holmes.

Who knew??

Anybody can get hurt. Owners who took Brady in the 1st didn't make a mistake based on his injury.

With a WR like Moss, some people do make the case that taking a WR in the first is always a mistake since they can be limited not only by their own injuries but by QB injuries. Of course you could also say a RB losing his QB would result in more guys in the box, but the correlation between losing the QB and lost production usually isn't as strong.

By that logic my taking Moss in the first was a mistake.

I also took Grant in the second even though I knew he was missing preseason games with a hammy. Another mistake.

Anybody can get hurt. Owners who took Brady in the 1st didn't make a mistake based on his injury.

Exactly. If he and others had not gotten hurt, they would not necessarily have been mistakes. Romo was one of my keepers and I still stand by the decision.