Sign in to follow this  
jets24

It's my personal opinion...

The West Wing.

I really think Aaron Sorkin is one of the best writers for television & movies. Perhaps it's just that I relate to his humor, etc. but there has not been a show that I enjoy the writing and acting more than The West Wing. Sports Night from Sorkin was also a terrific show but never made it through bad ratings. I'm sure that I'm in the minority but I really do enjoy his shows.

enjoyable show.

smart.

well written.

at least for the first few seasons.

in fact, it worked so well, that they actually turned a West Wing character into the REAL POTUS!

The West Wing.

I really think Aaron Sorkin is one of the best writers for television & movies. Perhaps it's just that I relate to his humor, etc. but there has not been a show that I enjoy the writing and acting more than The West Wing. Sports Night from Sorkin was also a terrific show but never made it through bad ratings. I'm sure that I'm in the minority but I really do enjoy his shows.

Sooo hard to call a best ever. West Wing is definitely a fantastic show. But soo many others

Wow. I would not have expected this from you. Okay, I would, but only because you said this before. But THEN I wouldn't have expected it from you.

Totally agree. The writing, casting, directing (before he left) was far superior to anything ever brought to television before. You could tell he had actual former WW people on his writing staff. I can't think of one poorly cast character*. And there wasn't a single show where I didn't learn something. I know that's anathema to television audiences today, but it was singularly extraordinary in that fact. I'm a huge fan of language, of the art of crafting a sentence, a soliloquy. WW did this better than any television show before or since. Leo McGarry's musings on alcohol made every single alcoholic in america wonder how it is someone could read their mind. To this day, I love listening to the show. I know what's coming, in some cases, I know it verbatim, but the language is so well crafted, almost melodic in its delivery. The humor was top-notch as well. In fact, in the early seasons, there isn't one thing that I can think of that wasn't top notch.

I could not agree with you more.

:shocking:

*early seasons.

One of the few long-running shows I don't think I've ever watched a single full episode of. Don't know why because I always heard how good it was, just never got into it.

But I've also never watched a single episode of Desparate Housewives either, so maybe it all balances out.

Wow. I would not have expected this from you. Okay, I would, but only because you said this before. But THEN I wouldn't have expected it from you.

Totally agree. The writing, casting, directing (before he left) was far superior to anything ever brought to television before. You could tell he had actual former WW people on his writing staff. I can't think of one poorly cast character*. And there wasn't a single show where I didn't learn something. I know that's anathema to television audiences today, but it was singularly extraordinary in that fact. I'm a huge fan of language, of the art of crafting a sentence, a soliloquy. WW did this better than any television show before or since. Leo McGarry's musings on alcohol made every single alcoholic in america wonder how it is someone could read their mind. To this day, I love listening to the show. I know what's coming, in some cases, I know it verbatim, but the language is so well crafted, almost melodic in its delivery. The humor was top-notch as well. In fact, in the early seasons, there isn't one thing that I can think of that wasn't top notch.

I could not agree with you more.

:thumbsup:

*early seasons.

I actually think we should hang out sometime. We just can't talk about politics. Other than that, I'm buying. :dunno:

I actually think we should hang out sometime. We just can't talk about politics. Other than that, I'm buying. :dunno:

:thumbsup:

Top Chef is currently at the top of my list. :banana:

Nothing tops LOST.

NOTHING. :thumbsdown: :pointstosky:

Excellent point sir..EXCELLENT...However, I feel they are different shows.

I can miss a West Wing....Although I too love the show, but I dread missing an episode of LOST.

The West Wing.

Hard to disagree with you on this especially since the President was from NH. :dunno:

never watched an episode of west wing, but maybe i'll rent a season from blockbuster...if it's available.

sorry Jets, but maybe you belong on Fantasy Island if you think WW is the best show EVER!!!

No way in hell that show is the greatest of all time.

The West Wing.

It's my personal opinion that you are a moron. hth