Sign in to follow this  
kennybanya

Would you dare bench DeAngelo in your title game?

Tough matchup on the road against a NYG defense that will want to make a statement after two straight losses. Weather probably won't be as much of a factor as people think, which could open up the passing games. He's due for a clunker, but he keeps putting up ridiculous numbers and made the most of just 12 carries last week after he got knocked woozy. I think benching him would be a classic case of overthinking, but I've seen people do stranger things.

Thoughts?

I'm benching him in favor of:

Thomas Jones and Marshawn Lynch

Ronnie Brown and Deangelo will be on the bench for the championship

I'm benching him in favor of:

Thomas Jones and Marshawn Lynch

Ronnie Brown and Deangelo will be on the bench for the championship

I currently have him in over Thomas Jones, but I have gone back and forth about 17 times.

i have him in but really no other choice because gore is hurt ....if gore plays i may bench williams but hard to bench williams seeing what he did against tampa who at the time had a tougher run defense then the giants...... plus look at what choice did last week as the game went on......the panthers have a great OL so i can see solid #s......damn it i guess i would play him even if gore was healthy :thumbsup:

you may regret benching him as I did when Carolina played rugged TBay's defense that had allowed only 1 rushing TD up to that time.

Guess what? DWill went off and it cost me my season.

I think you better think and ponder my words, because personally, I think that would be a dumb move.

Tough choice I have Steven Jackson in my flex along with Slaton and PT. I just have a feeling Giants get up for this game and shut down the run.

Just like Tennis said, I wonder how many people benched him against Tampa just to watch him go off? Yes the Giants are a good defense, but when they're on the field for lond drives they will wear down, especially this time of year. When they're tired is when Williams will find a seam and break a long one for a TD, my opinion, he's too good to sit. If he's gotten you to the chamionship why not ride him 'till the end? I will be.... :banana:

Just like Tennis said, I wonder how many people benched him against Tampa just to watch him go off? Yes the Giants are a good defense, but when they're on the field for lond drives they will wear down, especially this time of year. When they're tired is when Williams will find a seam and break a long one for a TD, my opinion, he's too good to sit. If he's gotten you to the chamionship why not ride him 'till the end? I will be.... :thumbsup:

Right on bro!

The 4th quarter will be DWill's, jut like the 4th quarter was TChoice's last week when the Gmen tired out. I'm sure the Gmen will be fired up in the 1st quarter on adrenaline, but that will wear off and DWill's superior skills will take over.

I'm even thinking of benching Lynch for Stewart. LOL

Right on bro!

The 4th quarter will be DWill's, jut like the 4th quarter was TChoice's last week when the Gmen tired out. I'm sure the Gmen will be fired up in the 1st quarter on adrenaline, but that will wear off and DWill's superior skills will take over.

I'm even thinking of benching Lynch for Stewart. LOL

The giants had to deal with Romo, Owens, Williams, crayton and Witten....thats alot for the giants D to worry about. They will shut down carolina's offense and they will eat delhomme for dinner

He might have an off game, but I think he's going to get 20 carries and he can do a whole lot with that. I'm more worried about Stewart stealing TDs, but Chester Taylor is stealing AD's touchdowns and nobody is talking about benching him.

The giants had to deal with Romo, Owens, Williams, crayton and Witten....thats alot for the giants D to worry about. They will shut down carolina's offense and they will eat delhomme for dinner

Roy Williams is avg. 1.5 catches with the Cowboys, and obviously the Giants weren't worried about crayton...I'm pretty sure they are more worried about the hottest WR in the league (Steve Smith) and the hottest running game in the league (DWill and JStew have the most combined rushing yards of any tandem in the league)...Just sayin

How about benching Williams for Choice?

I just don't understand this...

I mean the ONLY knocks on DWilliams is that he is playing a good defense and loses some carries...

Tashard Choice is playing an EVEN BETTER defense (especially against the run), and will likely split carries if Barber is in...Even with Barber out, he'd prolly only get the same # of carries as DWilliams...

Dude, this is a no brainer, cmon...

I just don't understand this...

I mean the ONLY knocks on DWilliams is that he is playing a good defense and loses some carries...

Tashard Choice is playing an EVEN BETTER defense (especially against the run), and will likely split carries if Barber is in...Even with Barber out, he'd prolly only get the same # of carries as DWilliams...

Dude, this is a no brainer, cmon...

LOL!

I guess some people need reassurance.

I've gone back and forth on this about 30 times this week. Not because I think Williams will perform particularly poorly, but because my other options have some great matchups. I have T. Jones vs Seattle, Slaton vs Oakland, S. Jax vs San Fran, and of course Williams vs NYG.

Giants - 90 yds/game, 9 TDs.

Seahawks - 120 yds/game, 13 TDs.

Raiders - 167 yds/game, 20 TDs.

San Fran - 103 yds/game, 12 TDs

Although it kills me to bench Williams when hes on such a blaze recently, they are playing a tough run defense, he is splitting carries, and was taken out for a quarter in last weeks game. Slaton on the other hand is against one of the worst run Ds, and although he has been light on the TDs, has rushed for over 100 yards the past week games getting 20+ touches. Jones is also having a great season and is against a soft Seahawks defense. SJax seems to the be the weakest of my options.

Well-done morons!! :wave:

I wish the guy I am playing would have benched his ass. I had nice lead going into tonights game and now I am down by 4 and it ain't even halftime. I hope Forte can make up the difference tomorrow night.

Guilty as charged. I think what makes it even better Stewart getting injured. Sometimes when you have to many choices though, on occasion you are bound to make the wrong one. A classic case of over thinking. I mean I was going to bench Andre Johnson today because of Asmuae but left him (big stud) and he laid an egg.

I've gone back and forth on this about 30 times this week. Not because I think Williams will perform particularly poorly, but because my other options have some great matchups. I have T. Jones vs Seattle, Slaton vs Oakland, S. Jax vs San Fran, and of course Williams vs NYG.

Giants - 90 yds/game, 9 TDs.

Seahawks - 120 yds/game, 13 TDs.

Raiders - 167 yds/game, 20 TDs.

San Fran - 103 yds/game, 12 TDs

Although it kills me to bench Williams when hes on such a blaze recently, they are playing a tough run defense, he is splitting carries, and was taken out for a quarter in last weeks game. Slaton on the other hand is against one of the worst run Ds, and although he has been light on the TDs, has rushed for over 100 yards the past week games getting 20+ touches. Jones is also having a great season and is against a soft Seahawks defense. SJax seems to the be the weakest of my options.

Guess that explains your screen name.

Well I ended up not benching him.....benched marshawn instead.

Won't make a difference b/c Matt Ryan, AJ, and Roddy screwed me

deangelo is bringing me to the championship....i hate that in this league we have championship next week.....but i will be in it that is all that matters.......3 tds in the 1st half...the guy i am playing against played Stewart....guess that didnt work too well for him......... :wave:

I was up by 56 in my championship game.

He has Deangelo.

Starting to get very nervous........ :wave:

That would really suck the big one!

I know i am late on this (just got to the board) but who would, in their right mind, bench Williams. I know he has 3 TDs and hind sight is 20/20 but looking at it before the game.

Coming into the game, he was the #1 overall RB in my fantasy league. If you are in the SuperBowl, he is the main reason. Let me say that again, he is the BEST RB this year in fantasy. You dont bench him. I dont care who he is playing. He could be playing the 85 Bears Defense or the Steelers of this year or the Ravens of a couple years back... you play the best fantasy RB in the superbowl, stupid if you dont.

In year past, would you bench LT2 in your super bowl? Faulk? Holmes? LJ?

Come one people.

In my leagues, had to start 3 out of Grant, Portis, D Williams, and Chris Johnson and D Williams was NOT an option to bench, Grant was the choice and it worked out perfectly.

Benching the best Fantasy RB of the year in the Super Bowl, what kind of people are we dealing with here honestly?

:wave:

I'm up by over 100, and he has DWill, Forte, Gould, and Olsen... I was very confident before this game started, now im getting a little worried also.

Let's look at this again:

wk05: 148 yds, 3 td

wk06: 35 yds, 0 td

wk07: 70 yds, 1 td

wk08: 123 yds, 1 td

wk10: 143 yds, 1 td

wk11: 120 yds, 2 td

wk12: 120 yds, 1 td

wk13: 86 yds, 4 td

wk14: 192 yds, 2 td

wk15: 91 yds, 1 td

wk16: bench? LOL

Looks like I may have escaped near disaster.

Up by 56 in my championship game.

He had Deangelo , and he went friggin OFF !!!!

He has Crosby left tomorrow and my lead dwindled to 21.

I should be confident but after tonight went....I wont be happy until the last whistle blows !!!

I wonder how many owners lost thanks to benching the #1 ranked rb in fantasy. Too many people second guessed themselves. I lit up my opponent by 54 thanks in large part to DeAngelo :shocking: