Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

So how has Marvin Lewis retained his job?

I hate to play the "reverse race card" but its hard not to. And dont start with the Palmer was hurt BS either. Even when this team was healthy they were MAJOR underacheivers. They team is full of thugs, malcontents, prima donnas, and whiners.... which is a reflection of their head coach.

So... whats the focking deal with this guy? He seems "fireproof".

:thumbsdown:

I hate to play the "reverse race card" but its hard not to. And dont start with the Palmer was hurt BS either. Even when this team was healthy they were MAJOR underacheivers. They team is full of thugs, malcontents, prima donnas, and whiners.... which is a reflection of their head coach.

So... whats the focking deal with this guy? He seems "fireproof".

:unsure:

He has a contract.

He has a contract.

So did Shanahan... A hefty 3-year $20MM contract (if I remember correctly)....

I think the race card is applicable here. I think Marvin Lewis and Herm Edwards are both gone before training camp, but both teams want to be cautious to not create more of a controversy than is deserved. The Rooney Rule is there to police hiring efforts, but I think owners police themselves on firing efforts to avoid the reverse situation.

If those two are not gone, I would be surprised.

So did Shanahan... A hefty 3-year $20MM contract (if I remember correctly)....

I think the race card is applicable here. I think Marvin Lewis and Herm Edwards are both gone before training camp, but both teams want to be cautious to not create more of a controversy than is deserved. The Rooney Rule is there to police hiring efforts, but I think owners police themselves on firing efforts to avoid the reverse situation.

If those two are not gone, I would be surprised.

Yeah, but the Bungals ownership is tight as fock and don't give a shiat about winning. That's the difference.

He's not white

Yeah, but the Bungals ownership is tight as fock and don't give a shiat about winning. That's the difference.

Winnah! :dunno:

This is correct.

It has nothing to do with race, bengals dont let people go that are under contract.

Lewis is prolly not that bad of a coach; the problem is that he has no GM and no scouting department. I think they currently scout players by watching college football games on Saturday afternoons. It would behoove them to buy Waldman's scouting profile.

Yeah, their problems extend WAY past Lewis. Just look at what happened with Chris Henry early in the season for proof of that.

Also, the Bungles always hang onto their coaches for awhile. How long did Coslett coach them?

for the same reason ###### Jauron still has a job - bad ownership

for the same reason ###### Jauron still has a job - bad ownership

Just remember, you can't fire ownership!!

Actually, Lewis may have saved his job during the second half of the season. The Bengals played pretty well down the stretch even if few noticed...

Yeah, they were 4-3-1 in the second half. They only allowed 22 points in the their last 4 games. They finished #12 in defense. If Palmer is right next season they could be dangerous.

Yeah, they were 4-3-1 in the second half. They only allowed 22 points in the their last 4 games. They finished #12 in defense. If Palmer is right next season they could be dangerous.

Right. Dangerous.... thats a word I often associate with the Bengals. :thumbsup:

Here is why Lewis nor the GM should have a job.

1. Chris Henry (June 14th, ‘06) - providing alcohol to three underaged females, but did he score?

2. Chris Henry (Jan. 28th, ‘06) - possession of a concealed firearm, improper exhibition of firearm, aggravated assault with firearm, that’s a lot of firearm action

3. A.J. Nicholson (June 3rd, ‘06) - burglary, vandalism, grant theft, *bonus points for stealing electronics from a teammate, that’s not easy

4. Frostee Rucker (June 21st, ‘06) - vandalism, spousal battery, just don’t beat up that blackberry

5. Reggie McNeal (Dec. 3rd, ‘06) - resisting arrest and drug possession, always fun to catch the cops with an elbow to the chest

6. Eric Steinbach (Aug. 5th, ‘06) - boating under the influence, admit it, you didn’t even know that counted

7. A.J. Nicholson (May 18th, ‘06) - domestic violence, he restarted the streak after they had gone four months in between arrests

8. Chris Henry (June 3rd, ‘06) - DUI, 0.092, I’d blow that from a sip of Manischweitz

9. Odell Thurman (Sept. 25th, ‘06) - drunken driving, a 0.18, but he was more sober than Chris Henry or Reggie McNeal, so it’s all good

10. Deltha O’Neal (Dec. 9th, ‘06) - DWI, come on a 0.10 shouldn’t even count

11. Matthias Askew (July 22nd, ‘06) - disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, failure to comply with police officer’s order, obstructing justice, kinda boring

12. Chris Henry (Dec. 15 ‘05) - weed possession, just kids being kids

13. Quincy Wilson (June 17, ‘07) - disorderly conduct, kind of weak, but cool that the bride and groom were arrested too

Bengals WR Chris Henry in Trouble, Again, Sun Still Sets in the West

Apparently Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown’s Word Doesn’t Mean Crap

Shocker: Bengals Player Accused of Punching Woman

Shaun Smith Confirms Chad Johnson Punched Marvin Lewis

Odell Thurman Could be Worse than Ricky

Link for all this madness

Yeah right......like the Bungles ownership is going to risk the fallout from firing him, no way in hell.....you just need to embrace that African American coaches are allowed to perform at lower levels than their counterparts. :(

Yeah right......like the Bungles ownership is going to risk the fallout from firing him, no way in hell.....you just need to embrace that African American coaches are allowed to perform at lower levels than their counterparts. :(

I did find it funny that the NFL voided Jim Hasletts contract that stated if he won six games he would be named the head coach. All because the Rams wouldn't have interviewed a minority. Then Mike Singletery gets an extension and they didn't have to interview anyone?!

I did find it funny that the NFL voided Jim Hasletts contract that stated if he won six games he would be named the head coach. All because the Rams wouldn't have interviewed a minority. Then Mike Singletery gets an extension and they didn't have to interview anyone?!

Yep.

The bullsh!t racial nonsense.....

Well last FF draft I avoided Bengal players and probably will again this year. Especially with them not pulling the plug on Palmer and having him go under the knife. He may not be ready come game 1 of the 2009 season. They also need to fire Lewis as it should be clear that he commands zero respect on that team.

Well last FF draft I avoided Bengal players and probably will again this year. Especially with them not pulling the plug on Palmer and having him go under the knife. He may not be ready come game 1 of the 2009 season. They also need to fire Lewis as it should be clear that he commands zero respect on that team.

Actually, fire Mike Brown. The problem goes so much deeper than Lewis. I don't think he's done a great job, but it's all academic as Mike Brown ensures that the Bengals are the most backward team in the NFL.

But Lewis and Edwards having jobs at this point is really an embarrassment. Perhaps the NFL should step in here, too.

That may be true and all, but the situation in Cincy has absolutely nothing to do with race. It is simply a monetary issue. Lewis has a contract that says the Bungles will pay him through 2011. That's it. Period. End of story.

Since Lewis has been here, the team has roughly a .500 record (which is stellar in Bengaldom) and the seats are filled. The Bungals are one of the most profitable teams in the NFL. Why change things up now?

Also, you can't really blame Lewis for the re-signing of Chris Henry. He was highly against it. Mike Brown signed him. Other than Henry, almost all of the players that have gotten into trouble are no longer with the team.