Sign in to follow this  
t.j

Larry Legend

What about Steve Smith?

Smith and Fitz would be the perfect complimentary WR duo IMO.

Smith and Fitz would be the perfect complimentary WR duo IMO.

In Carolina's offense yeah ... Imagine replacing Mouhamad with Fitz there.

I believe that he (Fitzy) will be the first WR off the board in most drafts next season.

I honestly had Boldin rated HIGHER before this year. You've seen what he can do. He's got wheels, and Fitz has amazing hands. Clearly the best #1, and #2 WR's in the league .... and all of a sudden, they have a defense. That's what has won 2 playoff games ..... the defense.

Unless he ends up with the Niners (wishful thinking), I hope Boldin stays in Arizona. Watching him and Fitz on the same offense is something special.............

It would be fun from a FF standpoint to have both of them on your team with Warner as your QB..............

Unless he ends up with the Niners (wishful thinking), I hope Boldin stays in Arizona. Watching him and Fitz on the same offense is something special.............

It would be fun from a FF standpoint to have both of them on your team with Warner as your QB..............

I predict that Warner retires after this playoff run and hands the keys to this caddy over to Leinart.

I honestly had Boldin rated HIGHER before this year. You've seen what he can do. He's got wheels, and Fitz has amazing hands. Clearly the best #1, and #2 WR's in the league .... and all of a sudden, they have a defense. That's what has won 2 playoff games ..... the defense.

Fitzgerald is amazing. Boldin is a beast but Fitz's skills are just unmatched. It's way more than just his hands.

11 guys (the defense) are always going to be more important than 1 guy (the WR), but even so, Larry's impact has been huge in the two playoff wins.

Fitzgerald is amazing. Boldin is a beast but Fitz's skills are just unmatched. It's way more than just his hands.

11 guys (the defense) are always going to be more important than 1 guy (the WR), but even so, Larry's impact has been huge in the two playoff wins.

Yeah I'd say .... Fitz has all the physical skills that T.O. does .... and he's also a SOLID team player and a good guy, as well as just a sick, sick dedicated athlete. That combination makes him the best WR in the NFL.

But if you want a run after the catch WR ... like Eli has been trying to find with Hixon .... Boldin can THROW TOO! .... he's TRICKY!

Warning: N word rap

He's the kind of guy you can throw a 10 yard pass to, on a 3rd and 15. Fitz ..... he doesn't have the same RAC threat.

Fuck Larry Bird. Fitz is the man.

I think the coronation of Andre Johnson as the #1 fantasy WR for 2009 is a bit premature. With the game Fitz had yesterday, without Boldin, in the playoffs ?

Yeah, all the other owners can fight over Andre Johnson. I'll wait to see if Fitz is available later on.

I'll still take Andre Johnson . . . I wouldn't complain with either, but my preference is for the dynamite in Houston.

Larry Bird was that pretty good white basketball player back when I was young, right? :rolleyes:

Fitz

AJ

Steve Smith

Boldin

Roddy White

Marshall

That's how I see it. And Fitz may be a fantastic WR, but there is only one man who can ever be called Larry Legend.

Maybe if Fitz did what he does with a "big goofy whiteboy" set of skills he could use the nickname.

I hate the name larry legend, mostly cause the celtics suckass regardless of whether they're winning.

I will also lay claim to believing this BEFORE this season, in my mind, there are 3 WR that are head and shoulders more talented than all the rest:

Fitz, Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson

Randy Moss and TO used to fit into that category, but TO no longer is dominant and Randy, IMO, is dependent on an elite QB for his #'s. He had a decent year this year, but it's clear that Cassel can't him the ball downfield like Brady. However, Fitz, AJ and Calvin could, again IMO, be put on ANY team and still be dominant WR because their physical skills are that good and they are that sure handed.

Fitz

AJ

Steve Smith

Boldin

Roddy White

Marshall

That's how I see it. And Fitz may be a fantastic WR, but there is only one man who can ever be called Larry Legend.

Fitz

AJ

Calvin

Roddy

Boldin

Undecided on which of those top 3 is #1 yet but this is a good 5 for me with B Marshall on the outside looking in depending on where Boldin ends up. Currently, I'm not feeling so great about Steve Smith in 2009. Who's his QB going to be?

I will also lay claim to believing this BEFORE this season, in my mind, there are 3 WR that are head and shoulders more talented than all the rest:

Fitz, Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson

Agreed. These are my top 3. I'm not sure what order I'd put them in for 2009 but these are my guys.

:dunno:

You must have been too young to have watched Larry Bird.

Incorrect. Just don't like the Celtics. And Fitz is my 2nd-favorite player in the NFL, so I like him a lot better than Birdface. This thread is not about basketball though. It's about the greatness of one Larry Fitzgerald. People are right, though, he does need his own nickname.