Sign in to follow this  
Bert

We can Solve the Financial Crisis By Imposing

I propose a $1 admission tax and a 3% gross receipts tax on all TV and internet revenue from Churches.

If you can give 10-15 percent of your salary to your god you can give a lowly dollar to your country. These churches have more money then they know what to do with and they don't pay tax on any of their revenue. If they can afford $49 million dollar churches and 170 foot crosses the can afford to pay taxes.

I propose a $1 admission tax and a 3% gross receipts tax on all TV and internet revenue from Churches.

If you can give 10-15 percent of your salary to your god you can give a lowly dollar to your country. These churches have more money then they know what to do with and they don't pay tax on any of their revenue. If they can afford $49 million dollar churches and 170 foot crosses the can afford to pay taxes.

:thumbsdown: Agreed. Churches should be taxed.

I've long held that there should be a cover charge to these places (at least the mega churches).

It'd be a lot more honest.

Seriously, there's been some talk about taking away the tax exempt status of churches for some time now. - At least those churches that push a particular political agenda. They had your girl SJL on Fox one time asking her why places like the NAACP (I know, not a church - same thing) should continue to have a tax exemption when they openly pushed particular candidates. - As usual, the biitch was too stupid to even understand the question.

Seriously, there's been some talk about taking away the tax exempt status of churches for some time now. - At least those churches that push a particular political agenda. They had your girl SJL on Fox one time asking her why places like the NAACP (I know, not a church - same thing) should continue to have a tax exemption when they openly pushed particular candidates. - As usual, the biitch was too stupid to even understand the question.

She is the poster child for everything that is wrong with government.

There's a new church built by me that charges people to join. Not voluntary....but a charge to join the church. I never heard of this since I thought all churches ran on voluntary donations.

If they are going to charge people, and exclude those who don't pay....then it is a business and needs to be charged.

As usual, the biitch was too stupid to even understand the question.

Sounds like you two are made for each other since you struggle tremendously with this as well.

No, Bert's not a diick.

I don't know if I would say that but I don't have a dog with a swollen diick.

I don't know if I would say that but I don't have a dog with a swollen diick.

is that thread still around?

So you want to scrap "seperation of Church and State"?

I do not but BLS's South Texas Savior does.

the gov't is establishing a religion?

No, but lefties are always claiming you can't put a Manger scene on public land cuz of "seperation of Church and State", and other completely assinine stuff.

Now they want to have it both ways.

Go ahead and laugh but ones of the ways we could head this off right now by legalizing and taxing pot like they do cigarettes.

I know it is hard not to, but just ignore his blabble.

I deducted to $240 my wife donated to her church on our income taxes. :)

:doh:

I know it is hard not to, but just ignore his blabble.

I deducted to $240 my wife donated to her church on our income taxes. :)

:doh:

I wish my wife only gave that much. :lol:

yeah, that's what we need...more taxes. that's brilliant. why doesn't the president think of that? more taxes, holy shiit! that oughta work.

how bout we just tax musicians and actors and put a $2 tax on every movie ticket sold in america. there's a good way to kill the movie industry too.

Honestly, I dont do any drugs.

But if you want to lower costs on individual states at the same time increase revenues.

Start with legalizing marijuana.

The amount of $ spent on prevention?

Seperation of church and state.

The Church is not part of the state, and it is therefore a nation unto itself. Can't tax it.

What????

I didn't stutter.

The government is not subject to the church, and the church is not subject to the government. Can't tax it.

I didn't stutter.

The government is not subject to the church, and the church is not subject to the government. Can't tax it.

Are you basing this on some sort of law or just a thought in your head?

First off, Churches stick their hands in politics all the time. They raise and spend money to push their political goals for all sorts of things. If they want to be truly separate from the state, then they should stick to religion.

Secondly, the Government can tax whoever they want. Congress could not give a rat's ass about your Lake of Fire.

Are you basing this on some sort of law or just a thought in your head?

First off, Churches stick their hands in politics all the time. They raise and spend money to push their political goals for all sorts of things. If they want to be truly separate from the state, then they should stick to religion.

Secondly, the Government can tax whoever they want. Congress could not give a rat's ass about your Lake of Fire.

And I will be :( ;) watching Congress and yourself burning in the Lake Of fire. You mock the risen Christ, and you burn forever numbnuts. :(

Honestly, I dont do any drugs.

But if you want to lower costs on individual states at the same time increase revenues.

Start with legalizing marijuana.

The amount of $ spent on prevention?

Figure out a way to tax it like cigarettes and you have a cash cow.

Go ahead and laugh but ones of the ways we could head this off right now by legalizing and taxing pot like they do cigarettes.

That's what I thought this thread was going to be about too.

its valid point.....

no extra oversight by law enforcement. States would tax shiat out of it. No cells, no prosecution, less $.

DUI treated the same whether alcohol or weed. The rest left alone.

its valid point.....

no extra oversight by law enforcement. States would tax shiat out of it. No cells, no prosecution, less $.

DUI treated the same whether alcohol or weed. The rest left alone.

Exactly. I STG i would pay a 5 tax on a pack of pre-rolled joints if i got them from walmart or some other central place just like cigarettes and I know I was not going to get busted if i treated the same as alcohol when it comes to DUI.

how bout we just tax musicians and actors and put a $2 tax on every movie ticket sold in america. there's a good way to kill the movie industry too.

All of the companies that make movies already pay taxes dumb ass. I proposed taxing huge organizations that do not pay tax.

All of the companies that make movies already pay taxes dumb ass. I proposed taxing huge organizations that do not pay tax.

You still have failed to address the "seperation of church and state" issue.

Probably because no one has shown that there is an actual issue. What law prevents taxes to church income?

I don't think taxing an organization is the government establishing a church. Like taxing Exxon doesn't mean the government has established an oil company.