Sign in to follow this  
jdon

back to the T.O. arguement

I was watching the greatest opening days or some dumb ###### like that on the nfl channel yesterday and I couldn't help but notice that on hearst 'greatest play ever' TO runs 80 yards to make the last TWO key blocks and ends up on top of hearst in the endzone.

I firmly believe that he was the best blocking reciever ever (with all due respect to h. ward).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkEJu1yQJlE

T.O. is a team player and plays to win baby! :huh:

When has his on-field actions ever been questioned? The guy is one of the greatest and dumbest players to ever play.

TO is a great WR with a good work history is always in shape he just needs to learn when not to say some things i believe the writers ask him questions that could have questionable answers on purpose so they can put thier own spin on things to get a story so TO needs to smarten up --- i believe with a healthy romo, a full season with williams, and the d playing up to their potential dallas will go 12-4 and TO will have another usual TO year 85--1300--12td's

GO COWBOYS

all of that blocking turns his hands to stone by december :lol:

TO is a great WR with a good work history is always in shape he just needs to learn when not to say some things i believe the writers ask him questions that could have questionable answers on purpose so they can put thier own spin on things to get a story so TO needs to smarten up --- i believe with a healthy romo, a full season with williams, and the d playing up to their potential dallas will go 12-4 and TO will have another usual TO year 85--1300--12td's

GO COWBOYS

If you ask TO, he doesn't NEED to do anything. Nor will he. In 2009, he will say stupid things and he will be a cancer on the Cowboys just like he has been everywhere else. What his numbers will be, I don't know, but his negative influence will continue to be a problem for the Cowboys.

Great speed

Great strength

Great desire

Low character

Low courage

Average hands

When has his on-field actions ever been questioned? The guy is one of the greatest and dumbest players to ever play.

im going to hope you just used the wrong word here and actually meant when have his football skill been in question... because i can think of a dozen times his on-field actions have been in question...

most memorably his dallas star incident while playing for the eagles.

One of the all-time greatest athletes at the position but not a complete player.

fixed

im going to hope you just used the wrong word here and actually meant when have his football skill been in question... because i can think of a dozen times his on-field actions have been in question...

most memorably his dallas star incident while playing for the eagles.

Or that jackass one he pulled while on the 9ers.

:banana:

Wasted?

How so?

You can't refute the simple fact that the guy is only loyal to himself and his ego. Had he been able to even check his ego and mouth at the door in San Fran and Philly, he'd be forever revered ala Jerry Rice.

Terrific talent, great WR to have from whistle to whistle, but just a jerkoff when it comes to team.

It's just one man's opinion. I am not a fan of the "me" player (or anyone, for that matter). :thumbsup:

I was watching the greatest opening days or some dumb ###### like that on the nfl channel yesterday and I couldn't help but notice that on hearst 'greatest play ever' TO runs 80 yards to make the last TWO key blocks and ends up on top of hearst in the endzone.

I firmly believe that he was the best blocking reciever ever (with all due respect to h. ward).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkEJu1yQJlE

Too bad Owens head got so screwed up, he would have been loved instead of hated.

You can't refute the simple fact that the guy is only loyal to himself and his ego. Had he been able to even check his ego and mouth at the door in San Fran and Philly, he'd be forever revered ala Jerry Rice.

Terrific talent, great WR to have from whistle to whistle, but just a jerkoff when it comes to team.

It's just one man's opinion. I am not a fan of the "me" player (or anyone, for that matter). :pointstosky:

I agree with all of this, but 1 thing the man hasn't done is waste his talent. If anything he has maximized his talent and used it to post all-time numbers..

As a cowboys fan, T.O. just focks with your head. Sometimes he shows he has learned from his past and will handle himself really well in interviews. Even last season, he was doing alright until towards the end. I wish i could say, as long as they are winning, he'll be on his best behavior but i cant. I have to say, as long as he's playing a huge part of them winning, then he'll be on good behavior.

As a cowboys fan, T.O. just focks with your head. Sometimes he shows he has learned from his past and will handle himself really well in interviews. Even last season, he was doing alright until towards the end. I wish i could say, as long as they are winning, he'll be on his best behavior but i cant. I have to say, as long as he's playing a huge part of them winning, then he'll be on good behavior.

WINNAH!

I agree with all of this, but 1 thing the man hasn't done is waste his talent. If anything he has maximized his talent and used it to post all-time numbers..

For himself. That's the rub.

He's a waste to me because he could have been so much more, in terms of team and legacy.

His legacy will be HOF numbers, team cancer, who was all about himself.

Then once he retires, he can finally come out of the closet. :doublethumbsup:

He's always been a monster on the field. He's also a c0ck sucking D-bag.

Interesting how you will go out of your way to criticize someone with a big mouth, but won't criticize gangbangers like Harrison, Ray Lewis, Sean Taylor or wife/child beaters like Fitzgerald.

Pretty much sums up your moral makeup. Now if a guy like Sean Taylor would only run into you and your family some evening while you were sitting at home, you might see the light, ya little punk.

Interesting how you will go out of your way to criticize someone with a big mouth, but won't criticize gangbangers like Harrison, Ray Lewis, Sean Taylor or wife/child beaters like Fitzgerald.

Pretty much sums up your moral makeup. Now if a guy like Sean Taylor would only run into you and your family some evening while you were sitting at home, you might see the light, ya little punk.

Sean Taylor was a gangbanger? Ray Lewis was a gangbanger? Marvin was a gangbanger?

When has his on-field actions ever been questioned?

I think this thread was in relation to when people were comparing him to Larry Fitzgerald and saying TO was slower and a worse blocker. :doublethumbsup:

Now if a guy like Sean Taylor would only run into you and your family some evening while you were sitting at home, you might see the light, ya little punk.

he'd have to see the light because Taylor's passed

Wasted talent. :music_guitarred:

951rec 14122yards 139Td

7 seasons of 13+tds

how much more should he have??

TO is an "irrelevant talent". He posses the skills of a great player, but ultimately a team will do no better or worse with him on the team. His negatives and positives just wipe themselves clean - with a high price tag.

951rec 14122yards 139Td

7 seasons of 13+tds

how much more should he have??

In a team sense, yes, it's wasted talent, because those numbers never ever ever translated into the ultimate team accomplishment, and according to alot of people, that's winning a SB.

Cowgirl fans seem to relish that fact when they talk about ancient history and the Lombardi trophies in the Dallas trophy case, so that thought must hold true, correct?

Or does it hold true to the norm that Cowgirl fans just talk out of both sides of their azz?

TO is an "irrelevant talent". He posses the skills of a great player, but ultimately a team will do no better or worse with him on the team. His negatives and positives just wipe themselves clean - with a high price tag.

That's just not true. He was a significant help to the offenses in S.F, Philly, and Dallas.

That's just not true. He was a significant help to the offenses in S.F, Philly, and Dallas.

Did any of those teams actually do better with him on the team? The Niners were on a downslide before they cut him, the Eagles made it to the Super Bowl, but TO did not play during the playoffs and the Eagles were already getting to the NFC Championship game, and the Cowboys didn't win one single play off game.

So how did TO help?

Did any of those teams actually do better with him on the team? The Niners were on a downslide before they cut him, the Eagles made it to the Super Bowl, but TO did not play during the playoffs and the Eagles were already getting to the NFC Championship game, and the Cowboys didn't win one single play off game.

So how did TO help?

Those teams were worse (wins-losses) and lacking a decent WR (except for the 49ers) before he got there.

When has his on-field actions ever been questioned?

When he led the NFC in dropped passes two years in a row, that's when.

That little stat tends to get overlooked quite a bit when talking about him.

and the Cowboys didn't win one single play off game.

So how did TO help?

How did Matt Ryan help the Falcons? I mean, gee whiz golly gee...the Falcons are a big GOOSE EGG in the win column in the playoffs with Ryan at the helm.

Ever think about thinking [i]before[/i] posting?

How did Matt Ryan help the Falcons? I mean, gee whiz golly gee...the Falcons are a big GOOSE EGG in the win column in the playoffs with Ryan at the helm.

Ever think about thinking [i]before[/i] posting?

Matt Ryan led a team that was expected to do nothing to the playoffs. TO joined teams that were favorites to go the Super Bowl without him and they did nothing better with him on the team. Take TO off those teams and they would have still done the exact same at the end of the year.

Thus... irrelevant talent.

Hey Captain Delusional, you should stick to posting biased polls.

You pretty much just summed up your mental makeup.

Matt Ryan led a team that was expected to do nothing to the playoffs. TO joined teams that were favorites to go the Super Bowl without him and they did nothing better with him on the team. Take TO off those teams and they would have still done the exact same at the end of the year.

Thus... irrelevant talent.

The Cowboys were awful before T.O. got there. With T.O. they became SuperBowl contenders. So you can put your "T.O. doesn't help teams win Theory" to rest.

The Cowboys were awful before T.O. got there. With T.O. they became SuperBowl contenders. So you can put your "T.O. doesn't help teams win Theory" to rest.

The Cowboys weren't even playoff contenders this year. Sure they were odds on favorites at the beginning of the year, but they did nothing spectacular in Dec. They were no better or worse without TO...

Despite rumors that Terrell Owens was in Nashville Friday morning, beat writer Jim Wyatt insists the free agent wide receiver is not visiting the Titans.

Wyatt said yesterday that the Titans had no interest in T.O., and he maintains that's still the case. If Owens was indeed in Nashville early Friday, Wyatt speculates that it must have been simply a connecting flight. With the Raiders and Redskins also vehemently denying interest, T.O.'s dance card looks empty.

This is getting funny now. Teams are so against this cat that they are going out of their way to say "no thanks."

The Cowboys weren't even playoff contenders this year.

Did you even pay attention to the NFL season. The Cowboys were playoff contenders until week 17.

yeah its funny that his agent is coming out saying that he has had several teams call already and he is in discussions now and could have a new team by the end of next week........i remember when all the rumors started about him being cut he came out saying he had talked to JJ and he would not be released??????? looks like drew is up to his old games but as much talent TO has you have to wonder if he has burned his last bridge??????? he came to dallas with a new start and was givin a last chance and what happened? his old self showed up just like san fran and philly....i believe he will end up someplace but i wonder where i dont think there is a contender that will touch him