Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

Should the Lions give up the #1 pick for Cutler?

I was reading today that Cutler and the Broncos had a conference call and it went from bad to worse. Allegedly, Cutler is convinced he will be traded.

It got me to thinking, the Lions should go after him. I am not sure if they can get him with the #20 pick they have from Dallas. What if they gave the #1 pick to Denver for him. Rumors lately are that they are looking at Stafford. I would MUCH rather have Cutler (at a lower price) than Stafford. They can then still use their #20 pick to get a LT (supposed to be a deep draft for them) and their high 2nd rounder for defensive help.

Why not call Denver and offer it up? Can you imagine as a fantasy fan Cutler with Megatron? :lol:

I dont think the broncos would accept it. It would be good from the lions perspective, but bad from the broncos, broncos need lots of help, not 1 stud.

If i was the broncos i would rather have the second 1rst rounder, the 2nd rounder and the lions first third rounder. That would still leave the lions with the first pick overall and a 3rd rounder.

I dont think the broncos would accept it. It would be good from the lions perspective, but bad from the broncos, broncos need lots of help, not 1 stud.

If i was the broncos i would rather have the second 1rst rounder, the 2nd rounder and the lions first third rounder. That would still leave the lions with the first pick overall and a 3rd rounder.

If I was the Lions, I would still take that deal in a heartbeat. Then they can grab a LT with the #1 overall to protect their new QB.

If I was the Lions, I would still take that deal in a heartbeat. Then they can grab a LT with the #1 overall to protect their new QB.

So would i, i dont think the lions are going to be getting Cutler.

I didn't even read the thread, all I can say is NO, NO WAY! I wouldn't even give up their 2nd #1 pick. I would consider their second round pick.

getting cutler for anything less than the house makes too much sense for the Lions and not enough sense for the broncos unless they really feel the relationship is beyond repair. Then it actually makes pretty good sense for both parties.

Lions - get a franchise QB, who is already proven, to pair with Calvin and if they can manage to keep at least their 2nd first rounder, they should be able to get a pretty good OT to protect Cutler... possibly Oher.

Broncos - again, only if they feel there is no going back.... they give up a franchise type QB and get the best QB available this year in Stafford. Strong arm, smart kid so really the only thing lacking is proving he is the real deal on an NFL stage but if you have to part ways with Cutler, Stafford isn't a bad replacement. Plus you get some extra picks to add more pieces.

idk makes some sense to me.

getting cutler for anything less than the house makes too much sense for the Lions and not enough sense for the broncos unless they really feel the relationship is beyond repair. Then it actually makes pretty good sense for both parties.

Lions - get a franchise QB, who is already proven, to pair with Calvin and if they can manage to keep at least their 2nd first rounder, they should be able to get a pretty good OT to protect Cutler... possibly Oher.

Broncos - again, only if they feel there is no going back.... they give up a franchise type QB and get the best QB available this year in Stafford. Strong arm, smart kid so really the only thing lacking is proving he is the real deal on an NFL stage but if you have to part ways with Cutler, Stafford isn't a bad replacement. Plus you get some extra picks to add more pieces.

idk makes some sense to me.

If you are going for just stats I agree but what else has he proven? That he can't take a team to the playoffs? Cutler is not the answer in Detroit, he is way to immature and self centered to turn that franchise around.

If you are going for just stats I agree but what else has he proven? That he can't take a team to the playoffs? Cutler is not the answer in Detroit, he is way to immature and self centered to turn that franchise around.

First you say... you would only give up a second... then you ask what has he proven?? What drugs are you on. He would instantly become the best QB the lions have had since Bobby Lane. He did make the pro-bowl... and he's only 25 yrs old. the lions are considering using their #1 overall to take Stafford... who has been compared to Cutler... yet he hasn't played a down in the NFL and is a total crap shoot. I'd much rather have the proven commodity in Cutler... over a guy who is suggested to be potentially be as good as Cutler. The Lions should have the Broncos on speed dial... and give up what they need t within reason to get him here.

:overhead:

Couldn't agree more. None of the QB's coming out this year are sure-fire, quality NFL starters. Cutler is a pro-bowl caliber talent today, so you may as well assure yourself of a positive return on your investment now by making the deal.

I didn't even read the thread, all I can say is NO, NO WAY! I wouldn't even give up their 2nd #1 pick. I would consider their second round pick.

Then you are nuts. The Lions haven't had a QB in years. Instead of paying more for an unproven Stafford, why in the world would you not take a talent like Cutler. It wasn't his fault they had no running game and one of the worst Ds.

What are you talking about? What would you do with the 1st overall pick?

Now I know why I don't agree with you much.....you make no real sense.

Did you check out their D last year? And all of their RB injuries? Or no?

God give the kid a break. He has been in the league 3 years. Most QBs do nothing in 2 or 3 years, at least he has put up stats.

What do you want from a 3rd year QB? Do you want Vince, maybe Matty Ice?

Too immature? Self centered? Why just because he doesn't want to play for a coach who didn't want him as his QB? Yea, I guess the Lions need Stafford, a reach at QB and costs more money.

First you say... you would only give up a second... then you ask what has he proven?? What drugs are you on.

When I read his posts I ask the same.

He says the Lions don't need a guy like Cutler.....O, since when were the Lions to be picky, they just went winless and have been the laughing stock of the NFL for years.

Cutler would be an immense upgrade over Culpepper, and is already better then Stafford might ever be.

He is kind of a b!tch, but that's something he can still grow out of. Wasn't Elway kind of a c0ckbag when he was younger? (not trying to compare the two, just saying)

I forgot that the QB is the entire team, thanks for reminding me. I dont know why teams pay all that money to defense when it doesnt matter. Someone needs to tell the steelers that a good defense isnt needed, just a great QB. They could save alot of money that way.

As a Detroit fan I would take this deal in a heartbeat, and I'm not all that high on Cutler.

I forgot that the QB is the entire team, thanks for reminding me. I dont know why teams pay all that money to defense when it doesnt matter. Someone needs to tell the steelers that a good defense isnt needed, just a great QB. They could save alot of money that way.

Oh, and that QBs have to be Big Bens or Tom Bradys and lead there teams to the playoffs and SB in their 1st 3 years, in order to be good.

I don't think Denver would give him up unless there was multiple draft picks involved. At least their first round and a second, if not wanting both their first rounds.

First you say... you would only give up a second... then you ask what has he proven?? What drugs are you on. He would instantly become the best QB the lions have had since Bobby Lane. He did make the pro-bowl... and he's only 25 yrs old. the lions are considering using their #1 overall to take Stafford... who has been compared to Cutler... yet he hasn't played a down in the NFL and is a total crap shoot. I'd much rather have the proven commodity in Cutler... over a guy who is suggested to be potentially be as good as Cutler. The Lions should have the Broncos on speed dial... and give up what they need t within reason to get him here.

So the last place Lions have a Pro Bowl QB big deal. Detroit is a few years away from picking up a franchise QB.

Then you are nuts. The Lions haven't had a QB in years. Instead of paying more for an unproven Stafford, why in the world would you not take a talent like Cutler. It wasn't his fault they had no running game and one of the worst Ds.

What are you talking about? What would you do with the 1st overall pick?

Now I know why I don't agree with you much.....you make no real sense.

I would not draft a QB this year.

Did you check out their D last year? And all of their RB injuries? Or no?

God give the kid a break. He has been in the league 3 years. Most QBs do nothing in 2 or 3 years, at least he has put up stats.

What do you want from a 3rd year QB? Do you want Vince, maybe Matty Ice?

Too immature? Self centered? Why just because he doesn't want to play for a coach who didn't want him as his QB? Yea, I guess the Lions need Stafford, a reach at QB and costs more money.

Cutler has been a baby his whole life. Pay attention.

When I read his posts I ask the same.

He says the Lions don't need a guy like Cutler.....O, since when were the Lions to be picky, they just went winless and have been the laughing stock of the NFL for years.

The lions have greater needs than a QB. The QB needs to come later, both of their interior lines suck, they need to start there.

I will say this, all of you guys really know how to build a team.

He has proven that he can be a productive quarterback in the NFL. One who gets selected to the pro bowl.

Remember when Peyton couldn't get to the big game? Well, he won a super bowl and im damn sure you would jump at the chance to have him leading your team. Cutler is what 25 years old? Give it a few years before you claim he can't lead a team to the playoffs or beyond.

If you wan't to claim the Lions shouldn't draft a QB at all, then fine... maybe you have an argument.... but not one that is validly backed up by blasting Cutler.

edit to add: i am sorry to break it to you but one of those 2 first round picks, barring a trade, is going to be a QB. When your franchise has been that awful for that long and you have 2 first round picks in the draft as well as a STUD receiver...... your picks are OT and QB in some order.

So the last place Lions have a Pro Bowl QB big deal. Detroit is a few years away from picking up a franchise QB.

The lions have greater needs than a QB. The QB needs to come later, both of their interior lines suck, they need to start there.

Say it to the Lions then too, because if they stay there they will pick Stafford.

Why is it wrong to trade the 1st for Cutler and draft a LT at 20?

THe only thing is Denver won't let him go for just the 1st overall.

Go explain how to build a team to the all the teams that drafted a QB over the years with their 1st round pick. Tell that to Indy when they drafted Manning, tell it to SD and Rivers, tell it to ATL and Ryan.

The problem with Detroit is they have no QB, yes their are other problems, but drafting Joey Harrington's aren't the answer. When you get the chance to take get a young QB that has already made a Pro Bowl, you take it.

Say it to the Lions then too, because if they stay there they will pick Stafford.

Why is it wrong to trade the 1st for Cutler and draft a LT at 20?

THe only thing is Denver won't let him go for just the 1st overall.

Go explain how to build a team to the all the teams that drafted a QB over the years with their 1st round pick. Tell that to Indy when they drafted Manning, tell it to SD and Rivers, tell it to ATL and Ryan.

The problem with Detroit is they have no QB, yes their are other problems, but drafting Joey Harrington's aren't the answer. When you get the chance to take get a young QB that has already made a SB, you take it.

What people don't consider is that the Lions are much worse off than an expansion team. Drafting a QB would be dumber than making the trade. What I am saying is that it is way to early for the Lions to go after a franchise QB.

If the Lions trade for Cutler how many years do you think it would be before they are a ligitamate contender.

1] according to OTL, the denver news radio guy and press reporter confirmed the continued issues between cutler and denver mgmt. the funny part was the poll question regarding what denver should get in return for cutler, with 40% answering "shanahan return as GM". the consensus between these two was that either denver mgmt needs to swallow ego and fly to nashville and make a hard sell commitment that cutler is indeed their guy and this is all academic and in the past; or, they need to make plans to move him within the next 7 days.

2] cutler is not worth the 1.1 from detroit [he himself was originally a 1.11?, but that is besides the point]. he is def worth a 1.20[?] + 2 or 3. the lions would def gain a lot from that kind of package. the broncos could draft the player they deem applicable to their new offensive plans under mcdaniels.

What people don't consider is that the Lions are much worse off than an expansion team. Drafting a QB would be dumber than making the trade. What I am saying is that it is way to early for the Lions to go after a franchise QB.

If the Lions trade for Cutler how many years do you think it would be before they are a ligitamate contender.

How many years? Hmm I don't know, it is the NFL, the Dolphins just went 1-15 to 11-5. Different situations, but I don't know why they couldn't be a playoff team in 3 years (if the Dolphins would do it in 1.)

It isn't like they would be drafting/trading for a guy that is 30. They would be getting a guy with 10 years left at least. Why would drafting a LT mean more if they are no where close? I don't get that argument?

2] cutler is not worth the 1.1 from detroit [he himself was originally a 1.11?, but that is besides the point]. he is def worth a 1.20[?] + 2 or 3. the lions would def gain a lot from that kind of package. the broncos could draft the player they deem applicable to their new offensive plans under mcdaniels.

Tell me why he isn't worth it? A guy that in year 3 has made the pro bowl, a guy that has shown all the tools with time to improve?

Tell me why a player that will cost more at 1.1 and with the unknown/bust factor is worth more than Cutler.

Tell me why he isn't worth it? A guy that in year 3 has made the pro bowl, a guy that has shown all the tools with time to improve?

Tell me why a player that will cost more at 1.1 and with the unknown/bust factor is worth more than Cutler.

like cars off the lot, players' draft pick values drop once they leave the commissioner and the stage.

ie moss04=7yr avg of 1300/13 = 1.7 ; moss04>>>cutler08

ie draft day 2004: eli [1.1] = rivers [1.4] + 2005-1 + 2005-3 + 2005-7 ; rivers [draft day or now] + 1+3+7 >>> cutler08

the cost of signing the pick or cutler's 3-yr track record have nothing to do with it---the market does not and has never dictated that value equivalence of 1.1 for a player.

cutler has potential, like a lot of young players, even at his position, but the reality is that he remains a 3rd yr qb with a 17-20 w-l record and the propensity to make timely mistakes rather than timely plays/wins.

I can't see Cutler in a Lions jersey. The Lions are one of the dumbest football franchises in the NFL so I would be surprised if they managed to steal Jay Cutler away from the Broncos.

The Vikings should of made an offer before Sage. Other places he could go to would be the 49'ers, Tampa Bay, or maybe even the Jets.

Ummm... if they can get a 25 yr old pro bowl QB who can be their starter fro 10+ yrs... you'ld be an idiot not to. I realize they have to build from the lines out. But let's say they do that over the next 2-3 yrs like you would prefer ... then they decide to draft a franchise qb... who most likely will take at least 2-3 yrs more for him to develop So we are talking 5-6 yrs to rebuild assuming their franchise QB isn't a bust...which is more than likely going to happen... especially because they are the lions and also assume the rest of their picks pan out... OR they can trade for cutler now... build through the draft/free agency for the next 2-3 yrs and assume again those picks pan out and have a stud 27-28 yr old QB already in place. Any halfway intelligent person knows which is the best way...

If they were to trade Cutler for the 1.1.. It's a lot easier to fill the left tackle/whoever they would draft this yr at 1.1 than it will be to try and find a franchise qb with any number of picks or any number of free agency signings...

I can't see Cutler in a Lions jersey. The Lions are one of the dumbest football franchises in the NFL so I would be surprised if they managed to steal Jay Cutler away from the Broncos.

The Vikings should of made an offer before Sage. Other places he could go to would be the 49'ers, Tampa Bay, or maybe even the Jets.

but the lions have the most ammunition of any of those teams. that holds a lot more water than "they can't possibly do it because they're dumb" argument.

Ummm... if they can get a 25 yr old pro bowl QB who can be their starter fro 10+ yrs... you'ld be an idiot not to. I realize they have to build from the lines out. But let's say they do that over the next 2-3 yrs like you would prefer ... then they decide to draft a franchise qb... who most likely will take at least 2-3 yrs more for him to develop So we are talking 5-6 yrs to rebuild assuming their franchise QB isn't a bust...which is more than likely going to happen... especially because they are the lions and also assume the rest of their picks pan out... OR they can trade for cutler now... build through the draft/free agency for the next 2-3 yrs and assume again those picks pan out and have a stud 27-28 yr old QB already in place. Any halfway intelligent person knows which is the best way...

If they were to trade Cutler for the 1.1.. It's a lot easier to fill the left tackle/whoever they would draft this yr at 1.1 than it will be to try and find a franchise qb with any number of picks or any number of free agency signings...

:unsure:

I'll weigh in on this:

1. Phurfur is dead wrong on this one - for all the reasons mentioned above. Detroit's offense is probably better than Atlanta's was before last year. And IT IS NEVER TOO EARLY TO SNAG AN ESTABLISHED FRANCHISE QB if the opportunity presents itself - they are just too rare. Anyone who thinks that Cutler isn't WORTH a 1.01 pick just doesn't know football. The truth is, it is really Detroit's DEFENSE that sucks canal water. Assuming a franchise QB, almost all of Detroit's draft choices should be used to rebuild the D.

2. But as others have said, it ain't really worth discussing because this deal just ain't gonna happen. Denver will not take 1.01 for Cutler. In addition to leaving Denver without a quality QB, which means they'd have to be insane to make this deal, pick 1.01 really doesn't have the value it used to have now that teams have to pay more for a 1.01 than for a proven stud veteran player at the same position.

The lions are worse off than an expansion team? hardly. Like others have said, Dolphins made a huge turn around ohhh and the Falcons? after drafting Matt Ryan?

If they feel Stafford can be a franchise QB they CANT pass him up. Especially with a 2nd first rounder to use on a OT.

so now the question becomes do they wan't the QB who hasn't played a down in the NFL and will cost more or do they wan't the 25 year old pro bowler who will cost less?

like cars off the lot, players' draft pick values drop once they leave the commissioner and the stage.

ie moss04=7yr avg of 1300/13 = 1.7 ; moss04>>>cutler08

ie draft day 2004: eli [1.1] = rivers [1.4] + 2005-1 + 2005-3 + 2005-7 ; rivers [draft day or now] + 1+3+7 >>> cutler08

the cost of signing the pick or cutler's 3-yr track record have nothing to do with it---the market does not and has never dictated that value equivalence of 1.1 for a player.

cutler has potential, like a lot of young players, even at his position, but the reality is that he remains a 3rd yr qb with a 17-20 w-l record and the propensity to make timely mistakes rather than timely plays/wins.

The car analogy doesn't work because a car isn't as much of an unknown as an NFL QB. You know an 09 Ford Explorer will be similar to the 08 version. A test drive should be all you need to feel confident. Thats a confidence you won't have with the number 1 draft pick. I am willing to bet most NFL teams in need of a QB will trade the number 1 pick for a relatively young QB who has already proven to be able to handle the NFL and do quite well. Unless ofcourse there is one of those rare "sure fire" types like Peyton Manning..... no one is labeling Stafford as such.

With so much money invested in the number 1 pick, who wants the next Tim Couch?

As far as value goes, the fact that Cutler is no longer a rookie is outweighed by what he has shown in skill and in my opinion has increased has value since leaving the draft stage. Just as Tom Brady did (for an exagerated example). NFL players can increase their values "off the lot" unlike cars because they can prove the unknowns.

I'll weigh in on this:

1. Phurfur is dead wrong on this one - for all the reasons mentioned above. Detroit's offense is probably better than Atlanta's was before last year. And IT IS NEVER TOO EARLY TO SNAG AN ESTABLISHED FRANCHISE QB if the opportunity presents itself - they are just too rare. Anyone who thinks that Cutler isn't WORTH a 1.01 pick just doesn't know football. The truth is, it is really Detroit's DEFENSE that sucks canal water. Assuming a franchise QB, almost all of Detroit's draft choices should be used to rebuild the D.

2. But as others have said, it ain't really worth discussing because this deal just ain't gonna happen. Denver will not take 1.01 for Cutler. In addition to leaving Denver without a quality QB, which means they'd have to be insane to make this deal, pick 1.01 really doesn't have the value it used to have now that teams have to pay more for a 1.01 than for a proven stud veteran player at the same position.

I will correct myself here. It actually COULD happen. New Coach Josh McDaniels may have backed himself into a corner here. It is getting more and more like McDaniels' (perceived) disrespect of Cutler may be to the point of "irreconcilable differences" similar to Favre/Thompson of last year. I have no clue what McDaniels was thinking. Like it or not, Cutler IS the face of the Denver franchise. If Cutler does not report to the OTA on Monday, then I think a trade is very possible.

This might just mean Detroit trades the rights to Stafford PLUS perhaps a conditional 3rd -5th rounder for Cutler.

IMO this would be GREAT for Detroit. Yes, they could use help on the O-line, but Cutler has the mobility and the experience to make it work. Given that Kevin Smith and Calvin are legitimate playmakers, I'll maintain that if they can improve their D through a quality draft, Detroit can come a long way from last year's debacle.

Whoever keeps saying the pro-bowl QB stuff is nuts,

first off Cutler was a pro-bowler

guess what so was Brett Favre

guess what so was Kerry Collins

guess who wasnt...The best QB in the league last season, Phillip Rivers

and you say they didnt have a running game? look at their stats as a team, their running game was very productive.

Ill give you the defense comments.

Cutler is a dooosh, always has been, always will be.

Hes not a Leader. Period.

that being said, If I was the Lions I would trade my high 1 or my low 1 and my high 2 for him. IMO there isnt a franchise QB in this years draft, and while I dont see Cutler being a franchise QB with his personality, hes still better then most out there.

oh yah and for those saying oh Manning blah blah SB, couldnt win blah blah, Peyton has never been the tool that Cutler is. Manning has always been a student of the game, as a matter of fact there is no QB in the last 20 yrs that has had as much game control as Peyton. How many QB's call their own games nowadays?

Dont use Cutler and Manning in the same sentence ever, unless you wanna talk about the other whiny little ###### Sh-eli

I'm not a Cutler fan and bringing him into this situation with his current maturity level seems like a recipe for disaster. Denver (and you can easily say no team) wants the #1 pick this year. Too much $ for what's being offered up. Denver does want a legitimate QB in return so for the Lions to be involved, it will have to be a 3 way deal of some sort. Leinart?

The lions are worse off than an expansion team? hardly. Like others have said, Dolphins made a huge turn around ohhh and the Falcons? after drafting Matt Ryan?

If they feel Stafford can be a franchise QB they CANT pass him up. Especially with a 2nd first rounder to use on a OT.

so now the question becomes do they wan't the QB who hasn't played a down in the NFL and will cost more or do they wan't the 25 year old pro bowler who will cost less?

The car analogy doesn't work because a car isn't as much of an unknown as an NFL QB. You know an 09 Ford Explorer will be similar to the 08 version. A test drive should be all you need to feel confident. Thats a confidence you won't have with the number 1 draft pick. I am willing to bet most NFL teams in need of a QB will trade the number 1 pick for a relatively young QB who has already proven to be able to handle the NFL and do quite well. Unless ofcourse there is one of those rare "sure fire" types like Peyton Manning..... no one is labeling Stafford as such.

With so much money invested in the number 1 pick, who wants the next Tim Couch?

As far as value goes, the fact that Cutler is no longer a rookie is outweighed by what he has shown in skill and in my opinion has increased has value since leaving the draft stage. Just as Tom Brady did (for an exagerated example). NFL players can increase their values "off the lot" unlike cars because they can prove the unknowns.

Expansion teams not only are allowed to raid the rosters of other teams but they have also been given extra draft picks in the first few rounds. HTH.

And thanks for bringing up Miami because they drafted a lineman with their first pick and picked a QB up off the waiver wire.

Expansion teams not only are allowed to raid the rosters of other teams but they have also been given extra draft picks in the first few rounds. HTH.

And thanks for bringing up Miami because they drafted a lineman with their first pick and picked a QB up off the waiver wire.

they don't get to "raid" other teams rosters... Those teams designate certain players for the expansion draft and thats who the expansion teams pick from. Not their entire rosters... HTH

also I brought up Miami simple as a recent example of a team turning from crap into a super bowl contender to show it is very possible. But thanks for ignoring the guys who took the QB and made the turn around. :cheers:

p.s. here is a link to the players the Panthers and Jags drafted in 1995's expansion draft... look at those studs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_NFL_Expansion_Draft

oh and here is the 1999 Browns expansion draft

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_NFL_Expansion_Draft

finally, the 2002 expansion draft. The Texans actually got some names in the first few rounds of this thing. Unfortunately none ever returned to the pro bowl and many were past their prime (Boselli)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_NFL_Expansion_Draft

Whoever keeps saying the pro-bowl QB stuff is nuts,

first off Cutler was a pro-bowler

guess what so was Brett Favre

guess what so was Kerry Collins

guess who wasnt...The best QB in the league last season, Phillip Rivers

and you say they didnt have a running game? look at their stats as a team, their running game was very productive.

Ill give you the defense comments.

Cutler is a dooosh, always has been, always will be.

Hes not a Leader. Period.

that being said, If I was the Lions I would trade my high 1 or my low 1 and my high 2 for him. IMO there isnt a franchise QB in this years draft, and while I dont see Cutler being a franchise QB with his personality, hes still better then most out there.

oh yah and for those saying oh Manning blah blah SB, couldnt win blah blah, Peyton has never been the tool that Cutler is. Manning has always been a student of the game, as a matter of fact there is no QB in the last 20 yrs that has had as much game control as Peyton. How many QB's call their own games nowadays?

Dont use Cutler and Manning in the same sentence ever, unless you wanna talk about the other whiny little ###### Sh-eli

well the difference between Cutler and Favre or Collins is his age. Im not saying he isn't a bit of a whiner but the point is he is better than anyone the Lions currently have, by a long shot, and is already proven where Stafford is not and would come at a higher price tag.

Again if the Lions have no plans to take a QB (with 2 picks in the first round you have to believe they will) then its a moot point.

I compared him with Peyton because people were yelling about how this 25 year old 3rd year QB can't take a team to the playoffs or win a playoff game.. People said the same thing about Peyton, that he was just a great stat guy but couldn't win the big games... Well he did. Cutler isn't Peyton but give it some time.

Will they take the 1.18 and Orton from the Bears?

Funny, but the Bears would probably not do it, which is sooooooo ridiculous. I think Cutler is good and will only get better. Denver screwed up by letting things get to this point.

From a fantasy standpoint, Marshall's and Royal's value could take a real hit if Cutler goes.

Teams don't want to move into the top 5 anymore. The skyrocketing salaries for unproven players and the high bust rate makes a top 5 pick more trouble than it's worth.