Sign in to follow this  
BirdBradyBobbyOrr

Good Luck Plaxico you got the shaft

The damn guy caught the game winning touchdown in the most painful loss of my life. It would be easy for me to run around and say "I hate Plaxico" "he got what he deserved" and worse. But all I feel is sorrow over this today.

The way I see it is Plaxico got screwed by an attention hungry DA. I also think racism was involved and I'm a white boy from Boston who never claims racism. I'll say this and I know it with every fiber of my being, "If that was Eli Manning who shot himself he would not be in jail".

All this prosecution accomplished was to take a productive member of society and make him non productive. All they did was take those tax dollars out of New York's pocket and created an expense for prosecution and incarceration. The guy shot himself and he ends up in jail for longer than Michael Vick who killed puppies? I could have seen 1 year but anything longer than that was grandstanding by the DA.

Sure too many young black men are running around acting like homies and shooting each other. Sure we got to do something about it but sending another one to jail and especially sending one who could have been an example and been utilized to help with the problem, I don't see what that accomplishes.

The constitution guarantees the right to bear arms and the Government is trying to take that right from us. Me they'll take my weapons from my cold dead fingers and not a moment earlier.

I feel bad for Plaxico, I feel bad for his fans, I wish him the best and hope he makes a comeback.

He definetely got made an example of by a judicial system with an axe to grind. He gets 2 yrs in JAIL for being stupid and shooting HIMSELF.... then Donte Stallworth KILLS someone while drunk, and he gets 30d in jail and two years house arrest. :doublethumbsup:

I am all for doing the crime / doing the time, but in both of these cases the punishment definetely does not fit the crime... So let that be lesson to you, if you are in the mood for a crime spree, make sure you do it in Florida.

Sorry, no feel bads for him here........ Star athlete, millionso of bucks, 32 year old man, wife, kid, kid on the way - partying at nightclubs with a loaded revolver in his pocket............ Kind of got what he deserved.

He did not get the shaft.

He brought a loaded weapon into that situation...got what the law gives you for such things.

Oh...and to make matters worse...he is so good at handling said weapon, that he focking shot hisdamnself.

What he got and what Stallworth got are not focking related. Stallworth should have gotten more. Blame the Florida law for that, not NY's gun law.

Plax's punishment fit the crime.

That is your opinion. An opinion shared by you and the 5 or so people that enacted that ridiculous 3 year mandatory sentencing for possession in NYC.

Everybody else in America besides you six think ya'll are morons and that punishment was way over the top.

He did not get the shaft.

He brought a loaded weapon into that situation...got what the law gives you for such things.

Oh...and to make matters worse...he is so good at handling said weapon, that he focking shot hisdamnself.

What he got and what Stallworth got are not focking related. Stallworth should have gotten more. Blame the Florida law for that, not NY's gun law.

This.

Don't forget that Plax was offered a 3 month stint by the D.A. just a couple months ago and he turned it down. Flash forward and then he accepts the 2 year deal. What a focking dumbazz. Guessing his lawyer is also Crabtree's agent.

NO RACISM INVOLVED.

Don't forget that Plax was offered a 3 monthstint by the D.A. just a couple months ago and he turned it down.

Link? Never heard this before. Did you just make it up?

Link

This is an article that details what was reported. Now as far as an official link, I'll keep digging but it was reported that there was a deal that Plax shot down.

Link

This is an article that details what was reported. Now as far as an official link, I'll keep digging but it was reported that there was a deal that Plax shot down.

So a few morning sports talk radio hosts said it then thats what happened. Even though there is no official record of it.

I didn't believe it either. Then i googled it and there are quite a few sources out there. Here's one of the first ones... http://www.examiner.com/x-680-New-York-Gia...h-jail-sentence

Not sure if it is official but there are quite a few discussions of this.

So a few morning sports talk radio hosts said it then thats what happened. Even though there is no official record of it.

Yeah, there's full disclosure with the Government on all deals they try to cut with thugs.

:takeyerheadoutdasand:

Do you people even understand what the difference is between 'factual news' and 'unsubstantiated rumor'?

Just because somebody somewhere said something on the internet or a moring talk radio show doesn't make it true. itsatip

If I'm correct he could have netted 3.5 years in prison but accepted a plea of 2 years. The gun laws in NYC are what they are, but remember Plax committed several crimes such as carrying a gun over state lines, loaded weapon, concealed weapon in a public place and the gun was unregistered. Also comparing Stallworths punishment, while I'm not fond of it, is not relevant for it happened in a different state with different laws, the pedestrian ran in front of the car and was not in a cross walk. JM2cents.

If I'm correct he could have netted 3.5 years in prison but accepted a plea of 2 years. The gun laws in NYC are what they are, but remember Plax committed several crimes such as carrying a gun over state lines, loaded weapon, concealed weapon in a public place and the gun was unregistered. Also comparing Stallworths punishment, while I'm not fond of it, is not relevant for it happened in a different state with different laws, the pedestrian ran in front of the car and was not in a cross walk. JM2cents.

Everybody understands what the law says. :dunno:

What most people are saying is that the law, or more to the point the 3 year mandatory sentencing, is stoopid and over the top.

This.

Don't forget that Plax was offered a 3 month stint by the D.A. just a couple months ago and he turned it down. Flash forward and then he accepts the 2 year deal. What a focking dumbazz. Guessing his lawyer is also Crabtree's agent.

NO RACISM INVOLVED.

:dunno:

It's shear luck on his part that no one is dead. Our starting Middle Linebacker could have gotten a hole in his head if the gun had fallen a different way. Our gun laws are the reason New York is one of the safest cities in the country, and even in troubling economic times such as these, we are on pace for record low number of homicides. So Florida can keep their lax laws.

That is your opinion. An opinion shared by you and the 5 or so people that enacted that ridiculous 3 year mandatory sentencing for possession in NYC.

Everybody else in America besides you six think ya'll are morons and that punishment was way over the top.

You might want to read up... if you think there are just 6 people that think it was way over the top.

He may have only shot himself...but he endangered a ton of people while carrying a deadly weapon...one he obviously sucked at handling.

Everybody understands what the law says. :overhead:

What most people are saying is that the law, or more to the point the 3 year mandatory sentencing, is stoopid and over the top.

Just because you are saying this...does not mean most people are.

I think you are quickly finding out more people than you think agree he got what he deserved.

This guy gets it.

The NYC gun laws are as draconian as the old Rockefeller drug laws which have since been reversed. You can be all i-tough guy and say dude broke the law, got what he deserved. But especially in light of the Heller decision, the law as written today is out of sync with the rest of the country, and very likely unconstitutional.

Plaxiglass is a dumb phock, always has been, but nobody deserves 2 years for something that petty.

You might want to read up... if you think there are just 6 people that think it was way over the top.

He may have only shot himself...but he endangered a ton of people while carrying a deadly weapon...one he obviously sucked at handling.

For the umpteenth time. Nobody ever said that Plaxico didn't break a law. Nobody ever said he was the sharpest tool in the shed. Nobody is saying what he did was not stupid. Nobody said there shouldn't be concealed gun laws in NYC.

What I am saying is that the 3 year mandatory sentencing for this crime is over and above what it should be. This is based 1 on common sense. and 2 on what other sentencing's are for other laws in both NYC and all over the country.

Seriously.

The whole argument for him getting this sentence is that these laws were in effect BEFORE he decided to carry an unlicensed weapon in the pocket of some warm-up sweats.That act of stupidity alone should warrant DEATH i.e. remove him from the gene pool. Hopefully he's not the basturd factory that Travis Henry is.

For the umpteenth time. Nobody ever said that Plaxico didn't break a law. Nobody ever said he was the sharpest tool in the shed. Nobody is saying what he did was not stupid. Nobody said there shouldn't be concealed gun laws in NYC.

What I am saying is that the 3 year mandatory sentencing for this crime is over and above what it should be. This is based 1 on common sense. and 2 on what other sentencing's are for other laws in both NYC and all over the country.

I don't think you have common sense on this...hence you think so many people are taking your side on this.

Id say the split is pretty close to 50/50 as to him getting what he deserved.

Perhaps other cities need better laws?

I don't think you have common sense on this...hence you think so many people are taking your side on this.

Id say the split is pretty close to 50/50 as to him getting what he deserved.

Perhaps other cities need better laws?

The people taking the other side on this are the ones that say: He's a big, dumb, rich, black athlete who brought a gun in a club and "could" have hurt somebody, so he should rot in jail FOREVER as far as I'm concerned!@#!

Just look at this Filthy Fernadez character. He wants to rid the gene pool and thinks capital punishment fits this crime. See these people are focused on the person and get caught up in the media blitz of it all.

I'm taking the person out of the equation and looking at the law versus the punishment and how it doesn't fit based on other laws/punishments all over the country. I don't care if it is a NFL WR, Little Poo from the Bronx, or Johnny Hazeltree from Wall Street.

Yet NYC has become one of the safest large cities in the US. Go figure!

The people taking the other side on this are the ones that say: He's a big, dumb, rich, black athlete who brought a gun in a club and "could" have hurt somebody, so he should rot in jail FOREVER as far as I'm concerned!@#!

Just look at this Filthy Fernadez character. He wants to rid the gene pool and thinks capital punishment fits this crime. See these people are focused on the person and get caught up in the media blitz of it all.

I'm taking the person out of the equation and looking at the law versus the punishment and how it doesn't fit based on other laws/punishments all over the country. I don't care if it is a NFL WR, Little Poo from the Bronx, or Johnny Hazeltree from Wall Street.

Bullmotherfockingshiot!!!

Where did filthy or I or anyone taking that side say anything about his size or his color? Nowhere.

And he is dumb.

However...nobody is saying put him in forever...not seriously.

But 2 years is right on. Sorry you don't like it and have to take some BS extreme opinion to argue against like in your first sentence here. Pretty good sign you simply don't give a rat's ass about the otehr side...you just want to go on thinking you are right and most people agree with you. But it simply is not the case.

And if you took Filthy's death comment seriously, its yet another sign you lack common sense in this thread.

I took the person out of the equation a bit....but put any idiot out there, with a gun, in a place like this...and they will get 2 years.

His status does make it a bit worse though...more chance for people to be crowded around him.

But the law did not take his status into consideration. It took the fact that he was a complete idiot into consideration and endangered others and himself.

Our gun laws are the reason New York is one of the safest cities in the country

:thumbsup:

I just googled "Plaxico Punishment Polls". I looked at three national polls and all them had around 65% to 35% voting in favor of The Burress Sentencing is too harsh.

But if you think that it is common sense that Plaxico will spend more time in jail than Stallworth, Learnod Little, and Mike Vick COMBINED when Plax shot himself in the leg and two living human beings are dead plus a dozen animals, then I just don't know what to say.

I just googled "Plaxico Punishment Polls". I looked at three national polls and all them had around 65% to 35% voting in favor of The Burress Sentencing is too harsh.

But if you think that it is common sense that Plaxico will spend more time in jail than Stallworth, Learnod Little, and Mike Vick COMBINED when Plax shot himself in the leg and two living human beings are dead plus a dozen animals, then I just don't know what to say.

Your problem is comparing him to people charged in other states...that and extrapolating anyone's opinion of Plax got what he deserved into saying anything else about those cases....especially given I have said that Stallworth should have gotten more.

Around 65%...so its more than just the 6 people who think he got what he deserved right.

And I bet some of those polls are pretty close to 50/50...and also depends just how the poll was worded...if it was dumb enough to compare it to other cases like you do in your last point.

http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/CityCrime2008_Rank_Rev.pdf

Your sh!t town is top 25 worst in the country for crime, NY is number 259. Beat it, nerd.

NYC was ranked about the same in 2005 as it was in 2008. The gun law in question was enacted in 2006. It doesn't take a rocket scienctist to figure out that this gun law has no substantial effect.

Thanks for the link. :nono:

In my opinion this is a case of Natural Law vs Man Made Law. Let me show you some examples of man made laws.

Alcohol was illegal and many people went to jail for booze.

Blacks and women were not always given the LEGAL right to vote.

It used to be legal to marry 14 year old girls.

Currently pot is illegal in most of the country and people are going to jail for it.

Three of those laws have changed. Alcohol is now legal, voting is now a guaranteed right and unless you are from Utah it is now illegal to marry 14 year old girls. I think everyone on this site would agree with all 3 changes.

The marijuana laws in this country are changing every day. Mass just decriminalized it.

These are Man Made Laws and we are obligated as a society to question them and review them. They are constantly changing. Natural Law doesn't change.

So if Plaxico shot somebody in cold blood, that's murder, and he violated a Natural and a Man Made Law. I'd say give him life. He is involved in a victimless crime of idiocy and he's been a productive member of society I don't see how locking him up helps at all.

Regarding racism, the entire gamut of gun and drug laws in this country are designed to incarcerate poor and minorities. Furthermore these gun and drug laws are used to justify this massive police force we have in this country. "The biggest crime in this country is law enforcement".

The very laws themselves are racist, as they were instituted with the understanding that the people who are most likely to be incarcerated over mandatory minimums are blacks and hispanics. When mandatory minimums were instituted they knew it would be mostly minorities going to jail over them. Now the obvious reply is "that's because minorites are breaking the law". That's where I go back to Mans Laws vs Natural Laws and why I don't like mandatory minimums. What Natural Law did Plaxico break? I'm pretty sure we can all agree Michael Vick broke Natural Laws, laws that are indisputable regardless of what the books say. You don't kill and torture puppies.

Beyond that I stand by the fact that Eli wouldn't have done a day and that New York is known to have a racist system the system has been crooked for years.

I AM NOT A BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL! But I firmly believe in LESS LAWS HARSHER PUNISHMENTS. Plaxico got rooked over a stupid law.

Growing up in the city I saw this too many times I saw too many of my friends not make it to college, or the Army or anywhere beyond a life of incarceration.

Plax is a ######. But he's not a criminal.

This guy gets it.

The NYC gun laws are as draconian as the old Rockefeller drug laws which have since been reversed. You can be all i-tough guy and say dude broke the law, got what he deserved. But especially in light of the Heller decision, the law as written today is out of sync with the rest of the country, and very likely unconstitutional.

Plaxiglass is a dumb phock, always has been, but nobody deserves 2 years for something that petty.

:thumbsup:

the focktard took a loaded weapon into a public establishment. only one of two reasons to do so: was either planning on shooting somebody or for self defense. you need to carry a piece with you out partying when your family is home - maybe tack on an extra year for being super, super stupid...........the punishment fits - specially when you consider this must of not been the first time he's ever done it.

Sorry, no feel bads for him here........ Star athlete, millionso of bucks, 32 year old man, wife, kid, kid on the way - partying at nightclubs with a loaded revolver in his pocket............ Kind of got what he deserved.

:dunno: this man's statement says it all!!!!!!!!!! read this and end of story :dunno:

:dunno: this man's statement says it all!!!!!!!!!! read this and end of story :dunno:

I don't think anyone is saying he shouln't have been arrested, got into legal trouble, and be considered a dumbass. No shiit sherlock :angry:

The question is whether shooting yourself in the leg from a concealed weapon that was registered (just in a different state) and was shown to the nightclub bouncers a crime that is punishable by 3 years in prison (reduced to 2 via plea bargin).

Especially when you compare contrast other laws in NYC and accross the country where actual people are dead and the sentencing is less than that.

We understand what the law says, we just say the law is stupid. Has nothing to do with how old a guy is or if he has a family or any of that crap.

Oh forget it......

I don't think anyone is saying he shouln't have been arrested, got into legal trouble, and be considered a dumbass. No shiit sherlock <_<

The question is whether shooting yourself in the leg from a concealed weapon that was registered (just in a different state) and was shown to the nightclub bouncers a crime that is punishable by 3 years in prison (reduced to 2 via plea bargin).

Especially when you compare contrast other laws in NYC and accross the country where actual people are dead and the sentencing is less than that.

We understand what the law says, we just say the law is stupid. Has nothing to do with how old a guy is or if he has a family or any of that crap.

Oh forget it......

Anyone who chooses to purchase a weapon has the obligation to understand the laws in the state they reside and abide by such. If the law and it's penalty is unfair and extreme (I think not) then it should be changed by the occupants of the state. In the meantime he broke the documented law and used extremely poor judgment in bringing this weapon into a crowded location (and carrying it carelessly). His carrying the weapon into the club put hundreds of patrons at risk - and they had no control over his reckless decision. He violated their rights by choosing to do this. He ultimately pleaded down the mandatory minimum sentence to just 2 years. He's fortunate it is a "just" a gun charge and not manslaughter. Hell, what if the gun fell out when he was leaving his house and discharged with his wife and child around. Explain that one if they were injured or killed.

I do have sympathy with the fact that he probably is not a bad guy and now he will be separated from his wife and more importantly his children for a period of time. However, we should have this same sympathy for the hundreds of others that have preceded Burriss to jail for the same infraction.