Sign in to follow this  
mkuz

Sit Moss and Welker this week....

Game Breakdown:

I think the Jets will play NE much like they did last year in November when they beat them. They put Revis on Welker and doubled Moss with a corner and Safety all game. Earlier this year the Jets put Revis on Moss and gave him frequent help, forcing NE to go to the run and go to Etleman all game. Now with Welker back, it is a whole different Pats team then the last time around. The Jets will probably not trust Lito Sheopard to cover Welker while Revis is wrapped up with Randy Moss and they cant afford to give them both Safety help all game..

The Jets Defense is built to beat the Patriots, and while they do struggle against very physical teams (Miami & Jax), physical the Pats are not.

The Jets Offense is very good on the ground and NE know this, they will load the box and force the Jets to pass. The key is Mark Sanchez not turning the ball over. Any team can beat you when you give them a short field all game (Buffalo & NO).

Fantasy Impact:

NE - I wouldn't expect much out of Moss or Welker this week. Revis will do what he does and shut down Wes Welker. And Moss will have little impact being double teamed all game by Lito Sheopard and Leonard/ Rhodes. Watson and Maroney/ Faulk could have good games.

NYJ - Jones will struggle against the 8 man boxes much of the game. Keller might not get many ops because the Jets will need him in the trenches to run block and protect the QB. Sanchez is a wild card but the Pats don't have the best DB's so I can see him having a nice day. Edwards/ Cotchery will be the benefactors of NE loading to stop the run and I see good days for them.

Prediction:

New York Jets beat the New England Patriots by a score o 20-16. Making it 3 wins in a row over the Pats and gaining a game in the AFC East.

:doublethumbsup:

GO JETS, prove me right!

:banana:

Even if the JETS are able to contain Moss and or Welker who is gonna score for the JETS ;) Thomas Jones and Greene will not be able to do much against the PATS because they should put 11 in box because Sanchez is awful :headbanger:

Its gonna take Maroney fumbling 5 times and JETS returning them for TDs. Which all of that is possible. The JETS may hold the PATS offense down a little bit but i do not see that JETS offense being able to do enough to win. Since Sanchez's hot start and the league learning more about him he has not been very good :banana:

And ill say it again, this is no where close to the same offense the JETS saw early in the season. NOT EVEN CLOSE :unsure:

Game Breakdown:

I think the Jets will play NE much like they did last year in November when they beat them. They put Revis on Welker and doubled Moss with a corner and Safety all game. Earlier this year the Jets put Revis on Moss and gave him frequent help, forcing NE to go to the run and go to Etleman all game. Now with Welker back, it is a whole different Pats team then the last time around. The Jets will probably not trust Lito Sheopard to cover Welker while Revis is wrapped up with Randy Moss and they cant afford to give them both Safety help all game..

The Jets Defense is built to beat the Patriots, and while they do struggle against very physical teams (Miami & Jax), physical the Pats are not.

The Jets Offense is very good on the ground and NE know this, they will load the box and force the Jets to pass. The key is Mark Sanchez not turning the ball over. Any team can beat you when you give them a short field all game (Buffalo & NO).

Fantasy Impact:

NE - I wouldn't expect much out of Moss or Welker this week. Revis will do what he does and shut down Wes Welker. And Moss will have little impact being double teamed all game by Lito Sheopard and Leonard/ Rhodes. Watson and Maroney/ Faulk could have good games.

NYJ - Jones will struggle against the 8 man boxes much of the game. Keller might not get many ops because the Jets will need him in the trenches to run block and protect the QB. Sanchez is a wild card but the Pats don't have the best DB's so I can see him having a nice day. Edwards/ Cotchery will be the benefactors of NE loading to stop the run and I see good days for them.

Prediction:

New York Jets beat the New England Patriots by a score o 20-16. Making it 3 wins in a row over the Pats and gaining a game in the AFC East.

:banana:

GO JETS, prove me right!

If you had moss would you sit him this week?

I think not. You can't afford to sit this guy, regardless of the matchup.

If you had moss would you sit him this week?

I think not. You can't afford to sit this guy, regardless of the matchup.

FFTODAY did have MOSS as a sit last week :banana: 179 yards and 2 TDs think that was bad call :headbanger:

I don't see the same scenario playing out as in week 3. Brady was still a little shakey coming back from the injury and was not throwing the ball downfield with his normal accuracy. If the Jets try to put Revis on an island against Moss, they will be burned deep by Moss and underneath all day to Welker. If they put Revis on Welker, Moss will beat the double deep at least twice for big gains. New England will take their frustration out on the Jets 34 to 17

No way I am sitting Moss, he is on top of his game right now.

70-yd slant and run w/ stiff arm 2 weeks ago

179 + 2 TD last week

3 of last 4 games he has over 20 pts non-ppr... Randy & Brady are back, its hard to judge the earlier Jets game as they were clearly not on the same page, and I think having Welker is critical for Moss' success as well.

FFTODAY did have MOSS as a sit last week :thumbsup: 179 yards and 2 TDs think that was bad call :(

Huh? They had him as the #5 receiver.

I don't think I can sit Moss given how ridiculous he's been, but as I mentioned in the other Revis thread, I'm definitely worried if they drape him again. I don't exactly have another great option in his place--Kevin Faulk, Donnie Avery? Yeeeech...--so I'm willing to take the gamble.

Yes I agree it is hard to say SIT Randy Moss and most will not. You all should at least temper expectations. I don't care who you are, if you are Double Covered all game, you will not put up good stats. As a corner, when you know you have help deep, it makes your job so much easier. Welker being back has helped Moss but Welker will be a nonfactor with Revis blanketing him all game. So this leaves it up to Watson and the running game, I like the Jets chances there.

Picking the Jets to actually win the game was harder to predict then Moss/ Welker struggling. I just think the Jets can exploit the Pats poor DB's with their big WR's and put it in the endzone a couple times. It is going to be a lower scoring affair and that should favor the Jets as well.

As a Colts fan, I'd love to see this, but I just doubt it's going to happen. There is some validity to the point that the Jets are built to beat a team like the Patriots, and I like the insight as to having Revis cover Welker, and double-team Moss on EVERY play. But the problem is, the Pats are too good a team, and too well-coached of a team (we think :o ), to have a letdown following the devastating loss last week. I kinda expect them to show up on Sunday with a chip on their shoulder, and to try and plant one of those 42-10 games on the Jets.

And sidenote: you'd be absolutely crazy to sit either Welker or Moss ANY week.

Prediction: 31-17, Patriots

Game Breakdown:

Fantasy Impact:

Prediction:

:o

GO JETS, prove me right!

ya all this may be true but after losing to the colts the way they did bradys gonna light them up

As a die hard Jet fan I would be SHOCKED if this game is close. Brady and company on offense are much improved from week 2, the Jets are horrible on offense, and I think the defense is over-rated. Bill will be fired up against the Jets with what happened against the Colts. no way the Jets sweep the Pats. The Pats NEED this game to stay in the race for some home field playoff chances...

As a Moss owner, NO WAY HE SHOULD BE ON ANYONE'S BENCH. Never sit your studs? Will he blow up? Having Welker in this game will help a ton! Prediction: 6 for 90 and a score. Maybe 2 since the Jet corners are kinda on the small side, so if Revis (who is a GOD) is on Welker then some redzone TD's are in store.

Huh? They had him as the #5 receiver.

it was in the "SHOT CALLERS REPORT"

Bench 'Em:

Receivers Who Will Under Perform Relative To Their Draft Position And Recent Hype

Mike Sims-Walker @ NYJ

The Jets, and Darrelle Revis in particular, have done an excellent job of shutting down #1 receivers this season. Andre Johnson, Marques Colston, Terrell Owens, and Randy Moss have combined for only 13 catches, 105 yards, and no scores. In addition, Sims-Walker has had little talent covering him most of the season. Add that up and you get a minimal game from a young player who has been known to disappear even against bad defenses (0 rec. vs. SEA; 2 rec., 9 yds vs. TEN). If you have a more consistent option on your roster, don’t let a failed Revis test ruin Week 10 for you.

Randy Moss @ IND

With Welker back in uniform the last couple weeks, Moss has moved from main target to deep threat (26 catches in 3 games without Welker, 23 catches in 5 games with Welker). The Colts have been incredibly stingy in allowing wideouts touchdowns, as only Anquan Boldin has scored on them this season. I can see Moss having a couple long receptions, but don’t expect him to hit pay dirt this week. Welker is a much better play in PPR leagues, though I’m not sure I’d trust any of the New England receivers to score against this Colts defense. Instead, look for some no-name RBs or TEs to collect Brady’s inevitable TD throws.

DeSean Jackson @ SD

The San Diego secondary is tough, allowing only five wideouts to score on them this year. Jackson has been known to have his one- and two-catch games, but with his shiftiness and speed, he doesn’t need many touches to make something happen. San Diego has their own speedster in Antonio Cromartie, however, who should be able to wrap Jackson up before he can get very far. Expect some subterfuge with Jackson involved, maybe even a score, but don’t look for a lot of catches, or even many looks. Between San Diego’s good coverage (18 receptions allowed per game) and nice pass rush (2.75 sacks per game), I see McNabb breaking the pocket and looking short quite often in this game. Expect Celek and the running backs to get a good portion of the targets this week.

Roy Williams @ GB

Though Williams has actually been scoring some points the last two weeks, they’ve been meager. Don’t let a little production from a big-name player distort the truth. The fact is, Williams has only 38 catches, 522 yards and 3 scores over the last two years. His uncharacteristic targets over the last two weeks (16) may have actually cost Romo some of the chemistry he’s had with Miles Austin as of late. Look for Romo to get back to Austin this weekend, leaving Williams behind once again. Williams is a WR3…at best, and on a good day.

I started Garrard and Sims-Walker last week with confidence and I am glad I did :thumbsdown:

wait, who's supposed to not post here again this season if the Jets win this game, is it Patssucks???

wait, who's supposed to not post here again this season if the Jets win this game, is it Patssucks???

No not me!!!!!!! :thumbsdown: But im glad to know you want me gone :music_guitarred:

where you at crabfish :sleep: Get your your shellfish A$$ back in here and explain your self :lol:

it was in the "SHOT CALLERS REPORT"

Very weird. DeSean was the #6 receiver, so odd to see him in there too. I guess the Shot Caller's Report isn't exactly representative of the overall site rankings.

Very weird. DeSean was the #6 receiver, so odd to see him in there too. I guess the Shot Caller's Report isn't exactly representative of the overall site rankings.

yes you are correct sir very odd.

It was going out on a limb thats for sure to say sit Moss. But this weekend was full of risky plays :wall:

Other teams are figuring out the Jets D over the past 4 weeks or so. I don't see the Patriots being any different. I'd start Brady, Wes, and Randy without hesitation. I hope I'm right on this one.

I started Garrard and Sims-Walker last week with confidence and I am glad I did :dunno:

Me too. I guess you see MSW do it just about every week and you start to believe.

My thinking was actually that the Jags would be so successful with MJD that it would open up the play action bomb to MSW. Whatever. It worked out.

Now back to the topic...

As a Jets fan, I fully expect to be throttled by the Pats this weekend. The Jets are not the same as they were in the first matchup...Leon and Jenkins gone kills us more than people probably realize. Unfortunately, Sanchez has a lot of maturing to do and I don't see much growth from him since Week 1. I am sure he'll be fine, but Brady is and will always be MUCH better.

I don't see how the Jets come close to keeping up in this one.

While I root for a Pats loss any time I can get it, as an objective football fan, you are on crack.

Even IF the jets defense can contain Moss and Welker... and That's a big if... Brady will just beat them throwing to nobodys, the TE's and Faulk. Not to mention that they can't stop the run without Jenkins.

And even if, by some miracle, they can keep the Pats scoring low (you ain't gonna stop them completely) how the hell are the jets gonna score?

But the Pats have a history of coming out pissed off after a big loss, particularly one with such controversy as this one. I have a feeling that the pats are going to obliterate the JETS.

Take away Moss and Welker and the Pats offense will struggle. The Jets offense will struggle as well because the Pats will key on the run, but I think Sanchez could have lots of chances to get the ball to his big WRs against a weak secondary. If the Jets defend the Pats like I stated in the Topoc, the game will be low scoring and that will at least give NY a chance.

NO WAY the Jets D gets "lite up" with Brady dumping the ball all around to Faulk, Edlman and Watson. And IF Sanchez doesn't turn the ball over left and right, the Jets could win the game. Which is what I am predicting.

I realize NOBODY agrees with me here (even Jet fans) and I can't blaim anyone, the Patriots have just as good of a chance in this game as the Jets. Forcing Sanchez to throw the ball will open him up to mistakes, which he is prone to. Also the Jets have a much less dynamic offense then NE so really they could just as easily lose a low scoring game as win. I think it will be a close game no matter what. NOWAY the Jets get blown out!

:mad:

As for the main topic of my post, Moss is a beast and I own him on one of my teams. I said SIT him. Really you cant just sit your second round pick, especially one playing as well as he is. I would however temper my expectations. There will be no 100+ yds and 2 TDs this week. Moss - 4 catches for 50 yds 0 TDs

And for Welker I could see a slightly better game, with those screens and slants that he runs. Revis will still be on him like glue. Welker - 7 catches for 75 yds 0 TDs

:wave:

Take away Moss and Welker and the Pats offense will struggle. The Jets offense will struggle as well because the Pats will key on the run, but I think Sanchez could have lots of chances to get the ball to his big WRs against a weak secondary. If the Jets defend the Pats like I stated in the Topoc, the game will be low scoring and that will at least give NY a chance.

NO WAY the Jets D gets "lite up" with Brady dumping the ball all around to Faulk, Edlman and Watson. And IF Sanchez doesn't turn the ball over left and right, the Jets could win the game. Which is what I am predicting.

I realize NOBODY agrees with me here (even Jet fans) and I can't blaim anyone, the Patriots have just as good of a chance in this game as the Jets. Forcing Sanchez to throw the ball will open him up to mistakes, which he is prone to. Also the Jets have a much less dynamic offense then NE so really they could just as easily lose a low scoring game as win. I think it will be a close game no matter what. NOWAY the Jets get blown out!

:mad:

As for the main topic of my post, Moss is a beast and I own him on one of my teams. I said SIT him. Really you cant just sit your second round pick, especially one playing as well as he is. I would however temper my expectations. There will be no 100+ yds and 2 TDs this week. Moss - 4 catches for 50 yds 0 TDs

And for Welker I could see a slightly better game, with those screens and slants that he runs. Revis will still be on him like glue. Welker - 7 catches for 75 yds 0 TDs

:wave:

This is probably why no1 agrees with you...

This is probably why no1 agrees with you...

No, everyone thinks that the Pats will DOMINATE, which wont happen if they have to go to lesser players all game. And my prediction of the Jets winning isn't even the main topic of the post, that has little to do with Fantasy Football. Its is that Moss and Welker, likely the #1 WRs on many FF teams, will struggle this week against the Jets. If you have good depth at WR, i would consider sitting them.

Topic of the thread title is confusing. So you're saying if we as FF'ers sit Moss and Welker, the Jets will win the game? Or is it if the Pats were to sit Moss and Welker the Jets would win the game? Either way, it's a stupid thread.

:thumbsdown: :banana: :banana:

Topic of the thread title is confusing. So you're saying if we as FF'ers sit Moss and Welker, the Jets will win the game? Or is it if the Pats were to sit Moss and Welker the Jets would win the game? Either way, it's a stupid thread.

:shocking: :banana: :banana:

Everyone else seemed to get it. Nobody agrees, but they get it. Thanks for your contribution to my "stupid thread" buddy. BTW, it is kinda funny that you read it that way.

:banana: :doublethumbsup:

I would sit Moss but start Welker.

Fact is Revis has shut Moss down (help over the top or not) since their very first meeting back in 2007.

I recently read that in their first game against each other, Moss torched Revis for 9-180-1 or something like that but in the 4 games since then only has 14-140-1.

MSW had a good game last week but most of his production came with Lito Sheppard covering him. Revis took him in the 2nd half and held him to 1 catch.

Revis will be on Moss the whole game.

Welker will get a ton of catches and yards and possibly a score or two.