Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

Jon Stewart is an assh0le

No, the difference is that I am a skilled professional interviewer, and Jon Stewart is a mongoloid.

I swear, there were more intelligent characters in My Name Is Earl than the dunderheads that post here. Stop trying to lick your armpit, you twit.

Hey, don't get upset just because you failed here. Pick yourself up and move on.

Stewart is mainstream

philly doesn't do mainstream

AIDS jokes still funny?

AIDS jokes are always funny.

Sure, I stopped using them for about a year or so. But now that I've taken them out of the mothballs, they are sparkling and hilarious all over again.

S.I.D.S is a knee slapper. Death by drunk driver is a hoot. Uterine cancer is a scream.

Hey, don't get upset just because you failed here. Pick yourself up and move on.

You're actually declaring a thread victory, drobeski? Stop flexing your retard muscles, you mushy mussel shaped nothing. The biggest muscle you own is that oversized tongue that lazily hangs out of your perpetually drooling c0ckmouf.

You're actually declaring a thread victory, drobeski? Stop flexing your retard muscles, you mushy mussel shaped nothing. The biggest muscle you own is that oversized tongue that lazily hangs out of your perpetually drooling c0ckmouf.

I didn't declare victory, I just declared that you clearly failed. Resorting to name calling will not stop the faildozer from crushing all hopes you have here.

If you had any decency, you would delete this post and hide the proof of your ugly, ignorant intolerance.

I didn't declare victory, I just declared that you clearly failed. Resorting to name calling will not stop the faildozer from crushing all hopes you have here.

If you had any decency, you would delete this post and hide the proof of your ugly, ignorant intolerance.

Whatever man....so philly doesn't dig Stewart, how does that make him intolerant?

Slowly but surely, others are starting to use "faildozer" in posts. Third or fourth time this week, by my observation.

My mind games are flawless. I am the Pied Piper. Dance, my rat puppets, dance.

You're both focking retarded.

*Un-hijack*

I think the argument here is not that Jon Stewart sucks, but people think HE is creating all those jokes, which he isn't, it's a team of about 20 hilarious liberal writers. Stewart's problem is that, yes, the D-Bag always feels like he's smarter than his guest and talks over them when they are arguing. And even when it's obvious he is wrong, he can just make a funny face or something and sneak out of it. It's redonkulous.

And yes, it makes me like that show a LOT less. On a different topic, does anyone think Stewart was actually BETTER than Craig Kilbourn?

Whatever man....so philly doesn't dig Stewart, how does that make him intolerant?

You bet your bippy, I'm intolerant.

Ugly? Fock that. Women get weak in the knees when I'm around. Thanks to roofies. But I'm still hot, dagnabbit.

*Un-hijack*

I think the argument here is not that Jon Stewart sucks, but people think HE is creating all those jokes, which he isn't, it's a team of about 20 hilarious liberal writers. Stewart's problem is that, yes, the D-Bag always feels like he's smarter than his guest and talks over them when they are arguing. And even when it's obvious he is wrong, he can just make a funny face or something and sneak out of it. It's redonkulous.

And yes, it makes me like that show a LOT less. On a different topic, does anyone think Stewart was actually BETTER than Craig Kilbourn?

Well, despite your well thought out argument, the main point is nobody gives a shiot if you or phillydouche likes Jon Stewart.

HTH

Oh, young grasshoppa, you have much to learn.

sorta like Sarah SilverKike :music_guitarred:

She is just not funny. Its funny when betty white has a foul mouth because you never expect it. Its not funny when you just have a foul mouth and thats it. Thats your schtick?

She is just not funny. Its funny when betty white has a foul mouth because you never expect it. Its not funny when you just have a foul mouth and thats it. Thats your schtick?

There's enough jewie comedians out there, some good (Gottfried), some horrid (Sarah SilverLezbo) and that monkey looking fock Sarah Bernhart or whatever that mongoloid lookingfuck is called.

I saw John Stewart be a diick one time to Diick Cheney's Wife.

She was trying to sell a book or some such shiit. Look, she doesn't make policy. You don't grill Mrs. Welch over Jack Welch's running of GE, do you? He really ticked me off on that one.

I love the show - It may be one of the few intelligent shows on TV today. And one of the few that goes after hypocrisy and fock-ups across the board. The RP's of the world will hate to hear this, but TDS has been pretty brutal on occasion to Dems and Obummer.

Still, I definitely think there's a time where Jon - like other hosts - lets his antipathy show through. Funnily though, when BOR comes on, he's great. - I honestly think those two get along when the cameras aren't rolling. But some of the others? Loved when he called Tucker Carlson a Diick on live TV. :lol:

- I do think being a diick to some person's wife just bc you can't stand her husband was/is over the line.

As far as Dobbs? He can suck a diick. What a focking fraud - and it just proves how stupid you are if you buy into him. You have no fockingn memory whatsoever do you? (rhetorically)

Lou Dobbs used to host a show on CNN called "Inside Business" . On that show, he used to orally felate the captains of American industry. Bernie Ebbers, Ken Lay, Jeff Skilling - pretty much every focking fraudster of the 90's was given a glowing softball filled infomercial by this jerkoff.

Then, BOR hits big. Right about that time, Dobbs gets fired.

Then, they bring him back. I still remember the focking commercial. Lou Dobbs with his arms crossed around his fat body, stern look on his face - With this voiceover: "Lou Dobbs - He's so CONTOVERSIAL!"

I remember laughing out loud. The Cottonelle Puppy is more controversial than this milquetoast.

But now, NOW he's some populist going against greedy corporate Amurica - Really? are you focking kidding me? Did you WATCH you last show?

The dude's an absolute focking fraud. Yeah, i give BOR crap for hosting Inside Edition - before he suddently became a political genius :bandana: (Yeah, when I want to know about Cato Caelin, I'll tune in), but Dobbs' prior gig was 180 degrees from what he is now. And what he is now is CNN's lame-ass attempt to compete with BOR.

The dude starting buying his own bullshiit. It's like Alan Alda actually believing he's a Doctor.

Luckily for him, most of the world is dumber than a box of rocks and can't figure out that he's a manufactured characicature.

No shiit, if being a hippie sold money, BOR, Beck, Limblob and Dobbs would be sporting Nehru Jackets and long wigs. They do what sells baby. In the 80's, it was "inside edition" and "inside business", in this decade, the money's in anger and fear baby.

Lou Dobbs is a "man of the people" like Phillybear is a Triathelete.

*Un-hijack*

:pointstosky: Don't let Frank read that, he thinks Stewart is this brilliant guy that invented this show.

:music_guitarred: Don't let Frank read that, he thinks Stewart is this brilliant guy that invented this show.

Link to where I said anything about him writing his jokes or inventing the show?

Since reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, all I said was that if Jon Stewart's interview style was so bad, then how is it that he gets so many high powered guests to willingly come on his show, the most significant being THE FOCKING REPUBLICAN NOMINEE FOR PRESIDENT IN 2008 THIRTEEN FOCKING TIMES!!!!

Answer me that, because all it seems that you, FlaHawker, phillybear, or dave32 can come up with is a whiny "He sucks!"

Fock, every time I think that you might be different from any of these stupid turds, you say something stupid that shows you're exactly the same.

Link to where I said anything about him writing his jokes or inventing the show?

Since reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, all I said was that if Jon Stewart's interview style was so bad, then how is it that he gets so many high powered guests to willingly come on his show, the most significant being THE FOCKING REPUBLICAN NOMINEE FOR PRESIDENT IN 2008 THIRTEEN FOCKING TIMES!!!!

Answer me that, because all it seems that you, FlaHawker, phillybear, or dave32 can come up with is a whiny "He sucks!"

Fock, every time I think that you might be different from any of these stupid turds, you say something stupid that shows you're exactly the same.

What is your focking problem?? It was a focking gawd damn joke you focking jackass. I played it off your post in this very thread where you said you thought he was smart. :mellow: :bench: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I agree he doesn't go after obama as hard as he did bush, but he will still take shots at him. I think his current target is the MSM with fox being a big part of that. He shows people being hypocritical time and time again. Rudy guliani was talkin about how terrorist should be tried here and how we should follow the law a few years ago. Now its the opposite.

He's pretty funny though. His segment about how "journalist" on every network constantly interjected how they were present for the berlin wall and trying to make the story about themselves more than about the 20 year anniversary. You have to laugh at that.

What is your focking problem?? It was a focking gawd damn joke you focking jackass. I played it off your post in this very thread where you said you thought he was smart. :doublethumbsup: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's great, only I never said that, assmunch.

Obviously this is more about the OP's distaste for Stewart's political leanings than anything. If you don't have a stick up your azz over politics, then TDS is focking hilarious.

So a person can't have an opinion about a talk show host? I like Vanilla over Chocolate ice cream. Does that mean it's because of some ulterior motive, or can't I just like Vanilla and not like Chocolate?

Geesus you Stewart blowhards sound like a bunch of women.

Philly doesn't like the guy. Thinks he's a pompus a-hole. Big focking deal. You would have thought he called your momma a whoore or something the way you focks are running to his defense. :overhead:

So a person can't have an opinion about a talk show host? I like Vanilla over Chocolate ice cream. Does that mean it's because of some ulterior motive, or can't I just like Vanilla and not like Chocolate?

Philly doesn't like the guy. Thinks he's a pompus a-hole. Big focking deal. You would have thought he called your momma a whoore or something the way you focks are running to his defense. :unsure:

I'm just pointing out that philly's assertion that Jon Stewart's interview style is a "major faux paus" in that business is ridiculous given that he gets virtually every important American political figure on his show, as well as pointing out the stupidity of claiming that his experience interviewing people for jobs is somehow makes him an expert on interviewing people on a talk show. So, it's not really defending Jon Stewart, it's attacking phillybear.

Why don't I start another thread claiming Fox News or Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly isn't really news and see how many people run to their defense. Again.

I'm just pointing out that philly's assertion that Jon Stewart's interview style is a "major faux paus" in that business is ridiculous given that he gets virtually every important American political figure on his show, as well as pointing out the stupidity of claiming that his experience interviewing people for jobs is somehow makes him an expert on interviewing people on a talk show. So, it's not really defending Jon Stewart, it's attacking phillybear.

Why don't I start another thread claiming Fox News or Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly isn't really news and see how many people run to their defense. Again.

Barbara Walters has interviewed everbody under the sun. She's a twat. What's your point. Stupid premise. Quantity of something does not equal quality of something.

Also, my point is that Phillybear degrades everybody. He makes fun of Oprah, Hannity, Olberman, you, me, and Dupree. He does it all the time. Usually people just make a comment and/or laugh; then move on. However with Stewart (go back and read this thread) you mofo's ran to his defense as if Phillybear was bully picking on your kid. If it wasn't so sickening it would be kinda cute.

I mean for the love of the baby Jesus, even parrot pulled the "I bet John doesn't lose sleep over your comments!@#!" Holy hell. Are you people related to the guy or something?

Barbara Walters has interviewed everbody under the sun. She's a twat. What's your point. Stupid premise. Quantity of something does not equal quality of something.

Also, my point is that Phillybear degrades everybody. He makes fun of Oprah, Hannity, Olberman, you, me, and Dupree. He does it all the time. Usually people just make a comment and/or laugh; then move on. However with Stewart (go back and read this thread) you mofo's ran to his defense as if Phillybear was bully picking on your kid. If it wasn't so sickening it would be kinda cute.

I mean for the love of the baby Jesus, even parrot pulled the "I bet John doesn't lose sleep over your comments!@#!" Holy hell. Are you people related to the guy or something?

I guess it's difficult for you to discern between ridiculing phillybear and defending Jon Stewart. I did the first, I didn't do the second. Maybe you're right, though. Maybe I'm just giving philly too much credit and I should just call him a ###### and be done with it. Personally, I find it fun to call people out when they say stupid shiot and will likely keep doing it, but hey, feel free to not participate if it bugs you.

That's great, only I never said that, assmunch.

I must have confused you with another Frank, my bad. :overhead:

I'm just pointing out that philly's assertion that Jon Stewart's interview style is a "major faux paus" in that business is ridiculous given that he gets virtually every important American political figure on his show,

Not positive about this, haven't watched a whole lot of Jon Stewart, but I think the only reason it's not a faux paus that actually costs him is because the show is so popular.

During the 2004 U.S. presidential election, the show received more male viewers in the 18-34 year old age demographic than Nightline, Meet the Press, Hannity & Colmes and all of the evening news broadcasts. Because of this, commentators such as Howard Dean and Ted Koppel posit that Stewart serves as a real source of news for young people, regardless of his intentions.

And I imagine a lot of his viewers want him to be a little domineering. So if it's a faux paus that helps in a sense, then I understand your point, it's not really a faux paus. Civility wise it is, business wise in his case it isn't.

"The show's writers reject the idea that The Daily Show has become a source of news for young people. Stewart argues that Americans are living in an "age of information osmosis" in which it is close to impossible to gain one's news from any single source, and says that his show succeeds comedically because the viewers already have some knowledge about current events. "Our show would not be valuable to people who didn't understand the news because it wouldn't make sense," he argues. "We make assumptions about your level of knowledge that... if we were your only source of news, you would just watch our show and think, 'I don't know what's happening.'"

It's a good argument, but I do think you can watch the show and grasp a lot of the pieces without much back story. Besides the thought of viewers first getting their news from there, my guess is high profile guests would do themselves more of a disservice by not coming on the show than coming on and having to put up with Stewart even if his humor and demeanor belittles them a bit....simply because it's that popular. McCain especially needed to appeal to younger generations and jump through the necessary hoops like appearing on Jon Stewart a lot.

Women aren't that bad <_<

Are fans of hanity, orielly, etc., really chastising for jon stewart for being a d*ck during interviews?

At least stewart goes after everyone, left and right. Most anchors in the msm (fox is included in the msm) are pompus ###### who only attack the other side. Stewarts show excels at showing how hypocritical they are. It shows congresspeople, anchors, etc., exercising a healthy dose of the pot calling the kettle black.

In general, i like his interviews. I have no problem when he interviews authors and actually find them interesting. With politicians, i generally approve of his interviews as well. He'll ask 90% of the typical questions that get asked, with a touch of off the cuff questions.

With anchors however, viewers can see he does berate them a bit. He went after chris mathews viciously before. It was so bad they had to edit it a lot and at one point during the interview, he was saying its the worst interview he's ever done. I watched most of the Doubs interview as well. I think he takes that tone with them because anchors generally use their shows to get on a high chair and criticize people and spout dumb opinions that are never consistent. They have no ethics. They'll say whatever fits for the moment. Hannity, olberman, every cnn anchor, orielly, have all been shown, within months/years to pull 180's and say the exact opposite. I think he's frustrated that while they call for accountability, there is absolutely no accountability for anchors.

Also, i agree with the quotes naomi put up. You can't learn anything meaningful by watching that show. You might put together bits and pieces, but in general, you need to be aware of whats going on. Studies have shown the average stewart viewer is more aware of current events than most news shows. Thats because people get their information from the internet, news shows, etc., then watch his show. Aint no ghetto kid from the hood/trailer park/barrio going to get jon stewart.

I am a big fan of Stewart.

He is a horrible interviewer. I DVR The Daily Show, I often skip the interview when Stewart is being average during an interview, he does make it about himself too much and not about the interviewee. he is good at debate when he truly tries to be diplomatic, he pretty much owns all political pundits he has ever debated, feel free to prove me wrong with a link if that is not the case.

:music_guitarred:

I answered your question on page one, you learning disabled chimp.

The Daily Show gets guests based on the younger demographic. And I would say that is the only reason.

I guess it's difficult for you to discern between ridiculing phillybear and defending Jon Stewart. I did the first, I didn't do the second. Maybe you're right, though. Maybe I'm just giving philly too much credit and I should just call him a ###### and be done with it. Personally, I find it fun to call people out when they say stupid shiot and will likely keep doing it, but hey, feel free to not participate if it bugs you.

There are people in this world that just don't get it. You're one of them.

At least stewart goes after everyone, left and right.

I guess you might call him "Fair and Balanced."

There are people in this world that just don't get it. You're one of them.

:music_guitarred:

Ah, the old "you just don't get it" defense.

LOL at you thinking you're one of the enlightened ones.

:lol:

:pointstosky:

Ah, the old "you just don't get it" defense.

LOL at you thinking you're one of the enlightened ones.

:lol:

Learning. Disabled. Chimp.

I'm the best thing going today. You don't have to like it, but you better learn to love it.

Learning. Disabled. Chimp.

I'm the best thing going today. You don't have to like it, but you better learn to love it.

:pointstosky:

If anything, you're entertaining. Dumb as a brick, without an original thought in your head, most likely ugly as a crack hoore beaten with a bag full of nickels, but funny.

*Un-hijack*

First of all Stewart is a writer on the show too. Obviously he has other writers just like Letterman, Leno, etc., but he has a say on what goes on the show unlike Kilbourn, who just read what was given to him and did no writing on the show. The show has become much more political under Stewart and has been more popular under Stewart.

I'm not going to defend him. Whether you like him or not is personal taste. I don't expect a conservative hillbilly to like him. I think the show is pretty hip. But then again I am a lot different than Phillybear.

I don't watch his show enough to form an opinion on his interviewing style. I think he is funny in small doses, sorta like Wayne's World, which was funny as a 5 minute SNL skit but the two hour movie made me want to gouge my eyes out and stuff them in my ears.

He clearly leans deeply left but will on occasion bash them; I thought his take on the ACORN videos was hilarious. Slamming Obama... well yeah, every standing president takes beatdowns. I remember Leno being merciless to Clinton, often thanking him for making comedy so easy.

When he gets preachy though... ugh. Stick with snarky comedy Jon, that is your forte. :pointstosky:

First of all Stewart is a writer on the show too. Obviously he has other writers just like Letterman, Leno, etc., but he has a say on what goes on the show unlike Kilbourn, who just read what was given to him and did no writing on the show. The show has become much more political under Stewart and has been more popular under Stewart.

I'm not going to defend him. Whether you like him or not is personal taste. I don't expect a conservative hillbilly to like him. I think the show is pretty hip. But then again I am a lot different than Phillybear.

You have no focking clue if he did or didn't unless you were there. Seriously, STFU if you don't have a clue. :rolleyes:

Good to see Frank M making a ###### of himself in yet another thread though. :pointstosky: