Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

Dexter Season 4

Final episode of the season this week and so far I think it has been great. Better than season 2 and 3 for sure.

John Lithgow has been phenominal.

Any other fans? :mellow:

I love the show but I wait til it comes out on DVD to watch it. I'm not quite up to the DVR age

My second favorite season overall, after Season 2. The episode where

Dexter wrapped his belt around Arthur's head and drug him off the boy into the kitchen

was one of the most awesome scenes I've every witnessed. Awesome show, great season.

I swapped out my first 3 seasons of Dexter to a co-worker. She has Showtime; I do not. She is raving about John Lithgow, much like I told her she probably would. She is trying to figure out how to burn me some copies. Alas, I suspect I am stuck until the DVD comes out.

I consider Dexter my alterego. Seriously. I identify with this character in every possible way. Except for marrying. Why interfere with killing? I don't get that. My passenger would not allow that.

My second favorite season overall, after Season 2. The episode where

Dexter wrapped his belt around Arthur's head and drug him off the boy into the kitchen

was one of the most awesome scenes I've every witnessed. Awesome show, great season.

That scene was great. Especially

the way he breaks ouy of character and says, "I should have killed you when I had the ###### chance."

I usually try to watch Dexter online. I've finished the first three seasons and am waiting for season 4 to finish.....so I can watch all the episodes in like 3 days. :dunno:

Seriously, if you're not watching Dexter, you need to. Great show!

not reading this thread (spoilers).

I have NOT seen season 4... only the previews... Dexter, married, kids, not time to kill.

I'll get it on Blue Ray once it's out.

My only complaint with the Dexter series is that each season wraps up a little too neatly/tidy... there's always something along the lines of "Luke, I AM your Father!" in each season.

but it's seriously entertaining and smartly written.

What a concept, a serial killer who's really not a bad guy.

but it's seriously entertaining and smartly written.

What a concept, a serial killer who's really not a bad guy.

I love explaining it to people who don't know what it is.

"Yeah, he is a serial killer but you are totally rooting for him." :doublethumbsup:

Dexter has been a show that has seriously gotten better every season.

Amazing.

Lithgow has been creepy and awesome.

That thanksgiving episode was probably my favorite episode of the season...if not the whole series.

Also....I love you Rita

big fan of the show-

i disagree its gotten better, season 1 way by far the best imo. they had more time to hash out who Dexter was and how he operates. the back and forth with the ice-truck killer was great. lots more surprises imo. the plot was just more interesting.

season 2 was ok, i love to Dokes (sp?) character. so more of him 'Surprise Mother Focker!' was always great. plus the english chick was very hot.

season 3 was the weakest. Jimmy S. didnt do much for me. kind of blah.

season 4 has been the best since season 1 imo. the latest episode with the confrontation was great. really building the tension.

big fan of the show-

i disagree its gotten better, season 1 way by far the best imo. they had more time to hash out who Dexter was and how he operates. the back and forth with the ice-truck killer was great. lots more surprises imo. the plot was just more interesting.

season 2 was ok, i love to Dokes (sp?) character. so more of him 'Surprise Mother Focker!' was always great. plus the english chick was very hot.

season 4 has been the best since season 1 imo. the latest episode with the confrontation was great. really building the tension.

I agree. Season was was the best. Season 2 was decent, but the brit lady with baby teeth was annoying. Season 3 was utter crap. Season 4 is the best since season 1. Maybe if annoying Rita dies in the finale of 4 I'll like it as much as season 1.

Totally agree. Season one was good, but I kind of got bored with 2 and 3. I thought it got kind of repetitive and boring. My wife stayed with it though and I started watching season 4 with her, since she watches and I had figured why not. Glad I have, been really GREAT this season. I look forward to it each week. Lithgow's character and those two playing off each other has been great!!!

"Hello Dexter Morgan" That was killer.

big fan of the show-

Totally agree. Season one was the best, then four, then two and finally three. Two was kind of lame with the drug angle, but got great as the season went on. Season three was just "meh." I love how they are using the Father in the 4th one.

I am glad that they got the series back on track.

Ever read the books? I read the first two. TOTALLY different. The show may be better because they are able to do more than the books can (they are kind of quick reads), but it is fun to read the books and see the other ways it could have been done. Plus the books do a great job of getting into his mind more.

Loved all 3 seasons, but quit watching this year in irriation over the baby / married angle. Once he flipped his car and risked getting busted because of the damn kid, it was over for me. The wifey says that the Lithgow angle has been very good this year...maybe I'll try again if so many of you like it.

Loved all 3 seasons, but quit watching this year in irriation over the baby / married angle. Once he flipped his car and risked getting busted because of the damn kid, it was over for me. The wifey says that the Lithgow angle has been very good this year...maybe I'll try again if so many of you like it.

I think you will enjoy it. I agree Rita is BORING and her character is whiney and a general pain in the butt. I tolerate her cause she really is sexy, she wears great tops that always seem to highlight her bountiful bosom and it's cool to see Dexter try to balance the home life with the killer inside him

Watch it religiously. I agree with Philly...Dexter Morgan is my alter ego.

Check out the Webisodes on Showtime.com. Alex Timmons is good.

I agree. Season was was the best. Season 2 was decent, but the brit lady with baby teeth was annoying. Season 3 was utter crap. Season 4 is the best since season 1.

Maybe if annoying Rita dies in the finale of 4 I'll like it as much as season 1

Guess I like it as much as season 1. :music_guitarred:

Guess I like it as much as season 1. :doublethumbsup:

The first think I thought when it ended was, "When does the next season come out???" :lol:

The wifey said the season finale was awesome. I may have to revisit my irritation at how season 4 started and give it a shot.

The wifey said the season finale was awesome. I may have to revisit my irritation at how season 4 started and give it a shot.

Ya-Huh

Avoided this thread because I was behind a few episodes. Watched the last 4 episodes last night. WHOA!

Yes, and avoid anything that could possibly contain spoilers.

I agree. Season was was the best. Season 2 was decent, but the brit lady with baby teeth was annoying. Season 3 was utter crap. Season 4 is the best since season 1. Maybe if annoying Rita dies in the finale of 4 I'll like it as much as season 1.

Thanks to Voltaire, I was able to watch season 4 on the net already instead of waiting until it came out on DVD. You really called that one. I think it sucked they killed her off. I love Julie Benz. Focking great show though.

Just watched all 4 seasons in about 3 weeks....awesome show :music_guitarred:

Season 4 was right behind 1 for me...followed by 2 and then 3...was not a big fan of whole Prado brothers and storyline.

Finished the season 4 finale last night and I was/am still shocked....surely I thought we'd have seen Dexter in a dream and that really didn't happen to Rita....pretty pissed that he put his family at risk after what he went through as a kid and having multiple chances to kill Arthur. Season 4 has really showed many kinks in his armor as he focked up many, many times and the "code" is close to being exposed.

Can't wait to catch up this season :bandana: