Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

Worst FF Decisions of Your Life?!?!

Well, I'm defending champion, that's the only good news. I win, I am in the playoffs as the 2nd seed. I lose, I need to hope for another team to lose to get the wildcard. That other team wins so I'm needing a win.

All week I am contemplating which 3/4 WRs to start. Holmes, D. Jax, V. Jax, and Jennings.

Had Holmes, V. Jax, and Jennings in since D. Jax started off questionable this week.

I heard he becomes probable and now the debate with myself is on. I'm thinking this is a very important game for both teams and the defenses will step up. D. Jax is also coming back from a concussion, so he might be iffy out there or they may not use him as much. Jennings has had big games against the bears as well. But then I rethink this morning and I'm about to put D. Jax in and instead of doing it, I check weather one last time. Eagles game has 20mph winds and 90% rain. Packers game has 10mph winds and just cold. So I stick with Jennings and....FAIL!!! :overhead:

Now I am down 111-95 with Cardinals DST and he has Hightower.

I still got a chance, but it's slim. If D. Jax was in, it'd be 111-111 and I'd be looking like I'm goin to repeat.

Worst FF decision of my life. <_< Feel free to share. Not to mention I had Schaub and my opponent had A.J. He also had Collie as a 3rd WR and McGahee in. Of course out of all weeks, McGahee goes for 70 and 2 TD. F it!

I benched Jay Cutler for only the 2nd time last season in the title game for McNabb

Had I started Cutler, I would've won my league........

I started Cotchery over Djax in the IBL league, i addition in started Sjax over Addai.

I had alot of bad decisions this week in the startem/sitem department :overhead:

Ok... of your life?? Hmmm...

Last season in the championship game, I played the Texans D vs. the Raiders, (with Russell and NO WR's) rather than stickin' with the Titans D (that I drafted) and got me there. However, it was home vs. the Steelers... Needless to say there was a good 20+ point difference between the two and would've put me .5 ahead of my opponent for the championship. One of very few boneheaded decisions I've made in my latter FF days. Eh, oh well... :banana: Just trying not to make a mistake like that in this year's playoffs or ever again for that matter...

Playing FF to begin with, is one of the worst decisions I make every year. Seems great at the draft which is always a fun day - then I am generally stressed out and miserable every Sunday/Monday from Sept to Dec.

It wasn't a decsion per se, but the worst thing that ever happened to me was getting beat by 1 yard for the championship and $650 dollars. It was years ago and LJ was in his glory. I had the game in the bag as the ball was kicked to the chiefs who brought it back to thwe 20. LJ would have had to literally take take the ball the whole way and score to beat me. Any yardage by anyone else and it was OVER!!!! Well........I forgot about holding calls, and illegal motion. That makes the field longer. 45 penalty yards later, and after a so called 80 yard drive, I lost by 1 yard as LJ took it in.

It wasn't a decsion per se, but the worst thing that ever happened to me was getting beat by 1 yard for the championship and $650 dollars. It was years ago and LJ was in his glory. I had the game in the bag as the ball was kicked to the chiefs who brought it back to thwe 20. LJ would have had to literally take take the ball the whole way and score to beat me. Any yardage by anyone else and it was OVER!!!! Well........I forgot about holding calls, and illegal motion. That makes the field longer. 45 penalty yards later, and after a so called 80 yard drive, I lost by 1 yard as LJ took it in.

:overhead:

Playing FF to begin with, is one of the worst decisions I make every year. Seems great at the draft which is always a fun day - then I am generally stressed out and miserable every Sunday/Monday from Sept to Dec.

:doublethumbsup:

I don't know about "life" as I can't remember much but this season, BUT this season I cut B Marshall (yes! THAT B Marshall) after his early season crap games. I had R Moss and V Jackson as my starters and D Jack as my 3rd. Didn't need a 4th WR as bad as I needed a 4th RB.....even if that RB was D Ward! Yikes!

After two weeks, it looked like a good move. Then, not so much. He's had 8 good games (3 of those uberfantastic) and 6 ok to out and out crappy games. Still, just look at those three big ones!!!

Needless to say, I wish I hadn't made that move!

<gulp> I dropped Ray Rice earlier this year after McGahee had a few big games. BIG mistake. Prolly cost me making the playoffs for the first time EVAH. :thumbsdown:

Playing Hightower this week over any back on my roster ( Mcfadden , Wells , K Smith ) I would have won with any of them. Also Dropping Jamal Charles 4 weeks ago and Forsett 5 weeks ago AND dropping Sydney Rice mid season the day before his breakout game. Lots of regrest this year. But love fantasy football and cant wait until next year.

This past weekend.

My starting line-up is pretty much set in stone:

McNabb

Ricky / MJD

D-Jax / Wayne

Gates

Den D (or Cards, depending on matchup)

K - whatever

I drafted Pt in the 3rd round and used him sparingly for bye's etc...

Decided to look at the roster around noon on Sunday since last week Carney was pulled and I wanted to make sure no other weird nonsense was going on...see that Mike Bell is out and that makes me think that PT will have a good week so I decide to pull out MJD...then decide Ricky should be pulled since the Fins have giving up 14 TDs on the ground as opposed to the Jags 7...

3.4 point differnce between Ricky and MJD

7.5 difference between Ricky and PT

I lost by 2.8 points.

If I had kept my normal roster, I win.

If I had kept my initial switch, I win.

Now I have to watch a bunch of morons go for my rightful Championship as they BS their way to the finals.

I also agree with the worst decsion being to play at all.

This season it was thinking that Jermichael finley would repeat his performance from Week 13. Put him in place of Crabtree and ended up losing by 2 points. Now I am out of the playoffs

Arizona's defense did not help me out. Mostly because their offense sucked and Kurt Warner played like a 40 year old rookie.

Lost 102-110.

Pretty sure I would have won it all, though the most dangerous team in the league now other than mine was...

Warner

CJ

PT

Fitz

Ward

Roy E/Garcon

Vikings DST

solid team...oh well. I'll get it back next year.

Of my life . . .

1997 - My first year in Fantasy Football. I drafted Ed McCaffrey in the 9th round of our first year dynasty draft. Good move! BUT . . . he didn't catch a ball week one, so . . . I cut him. Fortunately I replaced him with Andre Hastings, then of the New Orleans Saints, who went on to have a dynamic year of somewhere around 50 catches. Meanwhile, Ed McCaffrey caught 100 balls, and was amazing for several years. My receiving corps stunk badly through the early years of the league . . .

<gulp> I dropped Ray Rice earlier this year after McGahee had a few big games. BIG mistake. Prolly cost me making the playoffs for the first time EVAH. :banana:

You aren't alone - someone in my league dropped Rice after week 3 or 4 to pick up McCoy after Westy got banged up the first time. I scooped up Rice for the bargain price of dropping Lendale White :doublethumbsup:

Big Zeke is wise. Who needs this aggrivation. I'm out of the playoffsdespite scoring the 2nd highest point total in the league.

We have 2 kickers on the roster at all times. I pick the wrong one every week.

Pretty muchy anytime I have to make a decision it will be wrong. Every freakin' time !!!

Well I took advice from this board this year and traded:

Payton Manning for Rivers, Jennings and Lynch.

That was dumb, though I'm still surviving. Probably cost me the points title and a good matchup this week.

I also went with Maclin over Austin this year, which was a major mistake.

The only decision I still stew about was taking Lawrence Phillips in a rookie draft the year he came out. :thumbsdown:

The only decision I still stew about was taking Lawrence Phillips in a rookie draft the year he came out. :thumbsdown:

It could have been worse . . . you could have taken Cecil Collins the year he came out, as one of my leaguemates did with the 3rd overall pick in our dynasty draft.

Dropping Brett this year and now i face him this week

Did the same and faced him last week. However Brett didn't forget what team he won 4 championshops with. I destroyed the opponent with a record playoof score of 160-77. Brett did his part for the LOD by laying an egg.

I always start my studs so I don't have to worry about starting the wrong guy in the playoffs. You start who got you there.

It could have been worse . . . you could have taken Cecil Collins the year he came out, as one of my leaguemates did with the 3rd overall pick in our dynasty draft.

Ouch....... :overhead: