Sign in to follow this  
Turf CamelToe

Next years Ray Rice type candidate?

Any Rookie RB's that have the potential to explode beyond their Rookie numbers. My candidate for next years Ray Rice type would be LeSean McCoy, he has very similiar numbers to Ray Rice's Rookie numbers only better in Yardage and Receptions. Any other opinions???

Tough call. If we were to go looking for a know legit RB who will perform at or slightly above expectations, perhaps Jamal Charles or Knowshon Moreno would fit the bill. :thumbsup:

I would say Lesean McCoy is the best candidate to be the versatile dual threat type back that Ray Rice is. Other good candidates would be Jamaal Charles and Knowshown Moreno as mentioned. I think Rashard Mendenhall will break out huge next year, but he's already had pretty much success this season.

Deep sleeper here but I say Shonn Greene. Thomas Jones will not be returning unless he drastically restructures his contract...plus he will be 31 yrs old. Leon Washington is a FA and he is coming off major surgery...not good for a player that relies on his speed and quicks.

Finally, although Greene is not a very good receiving back at this point in his career, he runs hard and the Jets traded up in the draft to get him. I predict 1200+ total yards and 10+ tds next year.

Beanie Wells gets my vote.

That's who I was coming to post. You're ultimately looking for someone who, by the time the season was getting ready to start, would be drafted in the 4th/5th round and deliver you excellent production. Wells has really taken over the running game in Arizona, but he may have some skeptics next year who point to the pass-happy offense and Hightower's continued presence. I'm not concerned by either and will definitely be looking at him in redrafts.

Charles and Mendenhall are too obvious, unless the Chiefs draft another back. Both of those guys should be 2nd rounders at worst given what they've done this year and the roles they'll likely be looking at next season.

to early to have meaningful discussion imo. there are candidates but it all comes down to off season personnel moves and what the depth chart looks like heading into mini camps.

I know he is not a rookie, but Chester Taylor is a FA. If he leaves MN for a team where he be the starter I think he should have a very good year next year

any of the rooks this year, Moreno, McCoy, Wells, Greene, Davis and guys breaking out at year end (Charles) are candidates. In dynasty league I'm already sitting on McCoy, Green and Davis.

I know he is not a rookie, but Chester Taylor is a FA. If he leaves MN for a team where he be the starter I think he should have a very good year next year

+1

Also keep an eye on Lendale White. I think he's a FA and he could be very hungry. If either of these guys wind up in SEA and SEA also improves their OL via FA/draft, then I can see a good year.

(yes, he lost weight, haha)

But here's the real winner... whichever team winds up with NE Pats FA OG Logan Mankins. I will target whomever he's blocking for.

Wells will be a beast next year... and can probably be drafted at a value position. i have a feeling wisenhunt will get to run the ball quite a bit more next season as he's always wanted to.

CJ Spiller on the 49ers. He doesn't even need a rookie season. Book it! :pointstosky:

I have already gone "on record" with this one. Spiller is only going to be a Kevin Faulk in the NFL, with the potential to emerge into a Charlie Garner one day. He will be a force as a kick returner, but only serve as a bit-player at the RB position. If he can avoid injury, he might one day develop into a Garner or Dunn type back, but will never be a true #1 RB.

JMHO

+1

Also keep an eye on Lendale White. I think he's a FA and he could be very hungry. If either of these guys wind up in SEA and SEA also improves their OL via FA/draft, then I can see a good year.

(yes, he lost weight, haha)

But here's the real winner... whichever team winds up with NE Pats FA OG Logan Mankins. I will target whomever he's blocking for.

LenDale White said he doesn't want to be Chris Johnson's strict backup next season.

White is a free agent at the end of the season. "I don't want to sit here and play backup to nobody. I refuse. I don't want to," White said. "In my mind I have never been a guy who signed up to be a second-tier guy." Assuming White walks, it could open up even more goal-line work for Johnson next season.

The thing about being a free agent, is you can pick the situation you go into. I assume he would also get guarantees on playing time/snaps. The question is, can the Whale still peform as a #1 back?

Ricky Williams and Fred Jackson depending on what happens with the other Running backs on their teams. While they are not rookies, depending on the circumstances, I could see these guys being available in the 4th round or later again with big upsides.

Half way through the FF season, looking McCoy so far.

Looks more like Arian Foster.

James Davis will be the starting RB for the Skins next year. And fantasy gold! :pointstosky:

I gotta put my vote in for Jamaal Charles. One of these weeks he's gonna blow up and by next year the sky is the limit. Depends what you mean with the question, but Arian Foster is also a good answer if we're talking about guys that get drafted in the middle rounds and take the jump to be a top tier RB next year. McFadden and Moreno also have potential to top this list.