Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Star_Wrecking_Crew

Has Tony Romo put himself in the top 5?

57 members have voted

1. 1. Has Romo gained top 5 status with his post november performance this year?

• Yes
    • No
    • If he wins saturday against the eagles then yes he is top 5

much like the american voting process........stupid people should not be allowed to vote This vote is skewed against romo :rolleyes:

jeebus, if that's not the pot calling a whole bunch of kettles black...

much like the american voting process........stupid people should not be allowed to vote This vote is skewed against romo :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should stop starting Polls about him and quit whining when the results don't go how you planned.

Perhaps you should stop starting Polls about him and quit whining when the results don't go how you planned.

Saturday is the day..........I am telling you the romo choking in december threads have vanished........when romo wins his ring this year......the erin rodgers vs romo thing will be settled once and for all.

Saturday is the day..........I am telling you the romo choking in december threads have vanished........when romo wins his ring this year......the erin rodgers vs romo thing will be settled once and for all.

Why...because they were 2-2 in December this year?

So if Romo wins it this year in like his 4th year starting...it settles something about Romo vs. a 2nd year starter playing a road playoff game?

Too funny.

Oh...and Romo is not getting a ring this year.

Id say id wait for your Sunday thread about Rodgers being 0-1...but we all know you will be running scared by then after the Cowboys lose.

Romo is a qualty quarterback. Obviously people hate on him cause he's a Cowboy. I'd say he's top fifteen for sure, top ten if he gets a ring this year.

Yeah, just like that pesky Dilfer vs. Marino debate ended when Trent finally won the big one.

It's official. My daughter knows more about football than PyschobilliBlueStarDaddy.

Why...because they were 2-2 in December this year?

So if Romo wins it this year in like his 4th year starting...it settles something about Romo vs. a 2nd year starter playing a road playoff game?

Too funny.

Oh...and Romo is not getting a ring this year.

Id say id wait for your Sunday thread about Rodgers being 0-1...but we all know you will be running scared by then after the Cowboys lose.

BlueCunt will be nowhere to be seen when Dallas loses.

top ten if he gets a ring this year.

I keep hearing this but it makes no sense. :lol:

Besides the Mannings, Favre, Ben, Warner, and Brady, what other halfway decent QB has a Superbowl ring. Why would it just be Romo that must have one to be ranked 7th or 8th or 9th or 10th. It's so weird to keep hearing that. It's as if Romo is the only one with such a strong criteria placed on him.

Besides the Mannings, Favre, Ben, Warner, and Brady, what other halfway decent QB has a Superbowl ring. Why would it just be Romo that must have one to be ranked 7th or 8th or 9th or 10th. It's so weird to keep hearing that. It's as if Romo is the only one with such a strong criteria place on him.

I was trying to piss of blue star whatever guy.......

Besides the Mannings, Favre, Ben, Warner, and Brady, what other halfway decent QB has a Superbowl ring. Why would it just be Romo that must have one to be ranked 7th or 8th or 9th or 10th. It's so weird to keep hearing that. It's as if Romo is the only one with such a strong criteria placed on him.

I agree, but it has to factor in. Ben has two rings. With no other way to say it, I discount the 1st ring a little bit. That championship was won on the strength of their defense and run game. Ben was fairly good for 3 playoff games, horrible in the Superbowl, and was kept on a short leash most of the season. Last year was different, it was Ben's team. He won that SB with one of the most clutch drives of all time after the defense collapsed. I discount Eli's ring a bit for the same reason, the Giants defense was utterly dominant in their stretch run (which I will go ahead and say will be the case again if the Cowboys go deep into playoffs. Romo is playing well, and more importantly mistake free...but it's the defense powering that time right now).

Again, I look at it as objectively as I can and try to see it from a GM perspective. There is no way Romo even enters the discussion until Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rivers, and Roethlisberger are off the board, and most likely Rodgers too (and I point to the overwhelming results for Rodgers in the bogus pool that PimpBelichickRomodominatorWreckingCrew put up and voted on numerous times. The fact that I have Romo in all likelihood ahead (or at least somewhat even) with Eli and McNabb shows that he gets probably a little too much credit for being such a regular season stud (but playoff dud). Everything is subjective, stats lie (as BlueStarDumbass proves every other post).

Why does it matter if others think Romo is top 5? If you think he is, then that should be good enough.

I think you should concern yourself more with your dishonest, welching ways and your tendencies towards the underage, Mr. PsychoAmberAlert :lol:

I agree, but it has to factor in. Ben has two rings. With no other way to say it, I discount the 1st ring a little bit. That championship was won on the strength of their defense and run game. Ben was fairly good for 3 playoff games, horrible in the Superbowl, and was kept on a short leash most of the season. Last year was different, it was Ben's team. He won that SB with one of the most clutch drives of all time after the defense collapsed. I discount Eli's ring a bit for the same reason, the Giants defense was utterly dominant in their stretch run (which I will go ahead and say will be the case again if the Cowboys go deep into playoffs. Romo is playing well, and more importantly mistake free...but it's the defense powering that time right now).

Again, I look at it as objectively as I can and try to see it from a GM perspective. There is no way Romo even enters the discussion until Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rivers, and Roethlisberger are off the board, and most likely Rodgers too (and I point to the overwhelming results for Rodgers in the bogus pool that PimpBelichickRomodominatorWreckingCrew put up and voted on numerous times. The fact that I have Romo in all likelihood ahead (or at least somewhat even) with Eli and McNabb shows that he gets probably a little too much credit for being such a regular season stud (but playoff dud). Everything is subjective, stats lie (as BlueStarDumbass proves every other post).

Hey, that's fine. Of course post season success and SB rings are a factor. It's just not the only factor. It's one of a several. I have no prolem with that. But after just a handful of QB's, everybody else is sorta in the same boat, so I don't see how a person can say Romo has to win a ring to be top 10. That statement made no sense as there would be people ahead of him that didn't have a ring either. That's all.

Time to solve this once and for all

NFL All-Time Records

Career

* #3 All-Time Career Passer Rating: 95.6

* #4 All-Time Yards Per Attempt: 8.1

* 4th fastet all time to 100 tds

33-15 career record as the full time starter all year.

here we go.

only two qbs have a higher qb rating for their career

only three have more yards per attempt in their career.

these are the two most important stats for a qb.

he also has more than 2 wins for every loss.

so these would be stats? And you could say b/c of these high numbers that these stats were "padded?" And Romo has never had any playoff success?

That sounds familiar....didn't I read somewhere that QBs who were "stat padders" and had no playoff success didn't belong in the top 5?

You keep changing your criteria, but the fact is that Romo isn't yet a top 5 QB. He's close and some playoff success could put him there, but that hasn't happened yet.

Hey, that's fine. Of course post season success and SB rings are a factor. It's just not the only factor. It's one of a several. I have no prolem with that. But after just a handful of QB's, everybody else is sorta in the same boat, so I don't see how a person can say Romo has to win a ring to be top 10. That statement made no sense as there would be people ahead of him that didn't have a ring either. That's all.

I think it's fair in that the other QB's I would put in that top group (those that most have listed here) have either been consistent winners (and I don't count Super Bowls as the only thing that makes a guy a winner; it's a team sport) or have consistently produced top tier numbers over a long period of time.

Given those criteria, I think it makes sense to say that he has to do one or the other to crack the top group. Winning in the playoffs is the quick way to do it though, honestly, anythong short of a dominant run and Super Bowl win still leaves him short of the top 5 imo.

The best thing about this thread is how the criteria changes dependent on if you like or hate the Cowboys and/or Romo. It's stats, no it's superbowls, no it's playoff record, no it's how long they've played. no its.... :overhead:

As an outside observer, who's teams QB is in the bottom 5, here is how I would rank them. And the only way I know how to do this is if I was starting a real football team to play ONE season in 2010, how would I rank my draft board.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Philip Rivers

5. Ben Rothislberger

6. Aaron Rodgers

7. Tony Romo

8. Brett Favre

9. McNabb

10.Eli Manning

11.Kurt Warner

12.Matt Schaub

That's very fair. I forgot Rivers earlier in my list. If I had to make one for just 2010, it would be:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Philip Rivers

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Drew Brees

6. Tony Romo

7. Donovan McNabb

8. Brett Favre

9. Aaron Rodgers

10. Eli Manning

If Romo wins the Super Bowl this season, I'd elevate him up to #3. Same with Brees. If Rodgers manages to win it, he could jump up to 5 or 6.

I refuse to give guys extra credit just because they haven't lost in the playoffs yet. (Rodgers). And honestly, an 0-2 record (one of which was to a favored team, the other an upset but to the eventual champs) isn't quite enough for me to say a guy has a long history of sucking in the playoffs.

Time to solve this once and for all

NFL All-Time Records

Career

* #3 All-Time Career Passer Rating: 95.6

* #4 All-Time Yards Per Attempt: 8.1

* 4th fastet all time to 100 tds

33-15 career record as the full time starter all year.

here we go.

only two qbs have a higher qb rating for their career

only three have more yards per attempt in their career.

these are the two most important stats for a qb.

he also has more than 2 wins for every loss.

I don't mean to flame the troll, but this was just too good to resist:

1.	  Aaron Rodgers  (26)	  97.2	   2005-2009   	gnb
2. 	Steve Young+ 	96.8 	 1985-1999	  2TM
3. 	Philip Rivers (28) 	95.8 	 2004-2009	  sdg
4. 	Tony Romo (29) 	95.6 	 2004-2009	  dal
5. 	Peyton Manning (33) 	95.2 	 1998-2009	  clt

Or is that Erin Rodgers? :overhead:

I don't mean to flame the troll, but this was just too good to resist:

1.	  Aaron Rodgers  (26)	  97.2	   2005-2009   	gnb
2. 	Steve Young+ 	96.8 	 1985-1999	  2TM
3. 	Philip Rivers (28) 	95.8 	 2004-2009	  sdg
4. 	Tony Romo (29) 	95.6 	 2004-2009	  dal
5. 	Peyton Manning (33) 	95.2 	 1998-2009	  clt

Or is that Erin Rodgers? :overhead:

so romo is top five...........thanks for clearing it up :overhead:

That's very fair. I forgot Rivers earlier in my list. If I had to make one for just 2010, it would be:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Philip Rivers

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Drew Brees

6. Tony Romo

7. Donovan McNabb

8. Brett Favre

9. Aaron Rodgers

10. Eli Manning

If Romo wins the Super Bowl this season, I'd elevate him up to #3. Same with Brees. If Rodgers manages to win it, he could jump up to 5 or 6.

I refuse to give guys extra credit just because they haven't lost in the playoffs yet. (Rodgers). And honestly, an 0-2 record (one of which was to a favored team, the other an upset but to the eventual champs) isn't quite enough for me to say a guy has a long history of sucking in the playoffs.

good list.......i need romo to win a playoff game which he will saturday then bang.......he is top 5 easily.......good call on rodgers..he needs to win a title to be 6th

good list.......i need romo to win a playoff game which he will saturday then bang.......he is top 5 easily.......good call on rodgers..he needs to win a title to be 6th

It would help Rodgers with a win Saturday for sure. But even a Division title would be good too.

Even Brees I often wonder about. I wonder if he is kind of a system stats guy like a Warren Moon.

Brees record just in NO:

2006: 10-6

2007: 7-9

2008: 8-8

2009: 13-3

So yeah, he has put up big numbers in a run and gun type offense, but he hasn't consistently won on par with any of the other guys high on this list. I know his defense often sucks, but still I am suspicious of him and wonder if he'd be as big a deal if he traded places with some of these other guys.

And if it means anything, it's well known in Dallas that Sean Peyton tried to trade for Romo when he got that gig, as he had coached him. Then settled for Brees when Parcells said no.

Even Brees I often wonder about. I wonder if he is kind of a system stats guy like a Warren Moon.

Brees record just in NO:

2006: 10-6

2007: 7-9

2008: 8-8

2009: 13-3

So yeah, he has put up big numbers in a run and gun type offense, but he hasn't consistently won on par with any of the other guys high on this list. I know his defense often sucks, but still I am suspicious of him and wonder if he'd be as big a deal if he traded places with some of these other guys.

And if it means anything, it's well known in Dallas that Sean Peyton tried to trade for Romo when he got that gig, as he had coached him. Then settled for Brees when Parcells said no.

brees has not won titles or much of anything. I get the respect to a certain extent..he has a great arm and he is accurate.....very accurate but brees gets a pass while guys like romo and even peyton manning before he won his ring. what makes brees so special?

so romo is top five...........thanks for clearing it up :pointstosky:

me thinks you miss the point...Rodgers > Romo. If you acknowledge that list, you acknowledge Rodgers being ranked above Romo. If everyone on the planet (except you) says Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers and Roethlisberger are top QB's, and Rodgers is also > Romo, there's no way Romo can be top 5.

You can't win. We're all not only more open minded and reasonable, it's pretty much a given that even our toe and belly button cheese has the intelligence edge over you as well. Your stats lie, the poll doesn't...read 'em and weep romo nobslobber.

brees has not won titles or much of anything. I get the respect to a certain extent..he has a great arm and he is accurate.....very accurate but brees gets a pass while guys like romo and even peyton manning before he won his ring. what makes brees so special?

he doesn't get a pass. He's better than Romo. Look about a dozen posts up. I posted the stats for your alias.

Romo wins one playoff game he is top 5....Rodgers has to win a title to be 6th?

Too funny.

You really are a moron.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Kurt Warner

4. Drew Brees

5. Tony Romo

6. Brett Favre

7. Philip Rivers

8. Aaron Rodgers

9. Donovan McNabb

10.Matt Shaub

11.Ben Roethlisberger

12.Carson Palmer

13.Eli Manning

14.Jay Cutler

I don't think you can say a guy's not top 5 just because he hasn't produced/won in the playoffs.Rodgers hasn't done anything postseason wise but he had 35 td's this year, was the top scorer in my money league and helped me win the league title. Brees is another example. He's a top 5 QB but really hasn't done squat in the playoffs. So, as of now these guys would be my top five heading into the 2010 season.

1.Peyton Manning- may not have the most td's in '10 but he IS the top QB in the NFL because of his talent and intangibles

2.Drew Brees- Seems like leaving S.D was good for him.Can put up monster games on any given week. Will surely surpass 30 td's next year for sure. Has a lot of weapons he knows how to get the ball to. Led the NFL with 34 passing td's and total td's of 36. He's passed for over 30td's two years in a row and I see no reason why he doesn't do it again next year. Will probably be the first or second QB off the board in most fantasy drafts next year

3.Aaron Rodgers-had his O-line play been better early in the year he may have thrown 35 td's which is quite possible for 2010 if his O-line protects him and keeps him upright. I don't think he's reached his peak yet, but I certainly think he deserves to be in the top 5 after 2 seasons as the Green Bay starter. His best is yet to come.

4.Philip Rivers- In total command of the team and the offense. Under 500 attempts this year and still threw 28 td's.With LT's status uncertain for next year and Sproles, while talented, is not an every down back Rivers attempts quite possibly increase next year. I think that would translate into more td's and he too should surpass the 30 passing td mark next year.

5.Tony Romo-I think he's finally is starting to get it.It by what it takes to be an elite NFL QB. While he didn't throw 36 td's like he did in 2007, he is becoming a better player at his position.. He had 8 games of over 300 yards passing. I think he's matured more, understands the game better and is poised to improve his production in 2010. Miles Austin, his top receiver this year and will be next year, didn't really bust out until week 5 and he still ended up with 11 td's. I think his td's could increase by a couple next year. Also, TE Witten had like 94 receptions, over 1,000 yds receiving, yet only 2 tds.I'm sure Austin's emergence had a little to do with that. Certainly a down year for Witten in terms of touchdowns but I feel certain the td's will increase next year and Romo should return to throwing at least 30 td's next year.

I stand by my projecting of who I think will be the top 5 QB's next year but there's still a few guys, given the right circumstances, staying healthy and teammates playing at a consistant levels these few guys certainly could make a push to get into the top 5.

Tom Brady- right on the cusp of being in the top 5. A lot next year may depend on Welker's status. If he can't go or play late in the season Brady's numbers are gonna suffer unless someone steps up and at least partially fills Welker's shoes in terms of production.Will Edelman be that guy. I'm skeptical about him being able to get even half the production Welker did. Will the Pats go out an look for another Welker-like receiver. Is there one available out there? With those question marks and teams will be doubling Moss I think Brady doesn't make it into the top 5 next year unless he completely put's everything on his shoulders and finds a way to get receivers the ball, whoever they are. Brady is certainly capable of doing that but I don't think he'll get it done in '10. I also see him dropping where people draft him next year in fantasy drafts. He may be in the top 5 QB's drafted but he won't end up top 5 in production come years' end.

Matt Schaub- played all 16 games. Had more passing attempts and yardage than any other QB this year. Was all the passing due in part to the less than stellar play and production at RB? Maybe but Schaub's a good QB and has one of the best if not the best receiver in the NFL in Andre Johnson. Schaub's completely capable of putting up big numbers as witnessed by the 9 games he passed for over 300 yards and the 29 passing td's he had. If the Texans improve on their won/loss record of 8-8 next year Schaub could easily pass 30 td's and put himself in the top 5. He still has upside but he must also stay healthy and that has been an issue in past years.

Brett Favre- 33 td's to just 7 ints and over 4,000 yds this year with no training camp. Out-friggin-rageous, and he's 40 yrs. old. The guy is truly one of the greats to have played the QB position. If he wins the superbowl will he return? At the level he's played this year I think it will inspire him to return next year regardless. He's got excellant weapons to use, AP, Rice,Harvin,Shiancoe,to name the more prominent ones and he seems to have gotten better chemistry with them as the year went on. I still think he has the ability to put up similar numbers in 2010 simply because of the weapons he has.Sidney Rice finally came out of his shell and certainly outproduced his preseason projections and the biggest reason that happened was because of Brett Favre. Rice finally had a QB who could get him the ball. Because of their personnel the Vikings are gonna continue to score good in 2010 and I think Brett Favre will be around for that. Will he be a top 5 QB, I have my skepticism but we'll see.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Kurt Warner

4. Drew Brees

5. Tony Romo

6. Brett Favre

7. Philip Rivers

8. Aaron Rodgers

9. Donovan McNabb

10.Matt Shaub

11.Ben Roethlisberger

12.Carson Palmer

13.Eli Manning

14.Jay Cutler

Rivers below Romo? based on what?

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Kurt Warner

4. Drew Brees

5. Tony Romo

6. Brett Favre

7. Philip Rivers

8. Aaron Rodgers

9. Donovan McNabb

10.Matt Shaub

11.Ben Roethlisberger

12.Carson Palmer

13.Eli Manning

14.Jay Cutler

:unsure:

:music_guitarred:

Gepetto is just as big an idiot and Cowboy apologist as you are for the most part...you, all your aliai, Gepetto and 49erssuck are all in the coo-coo flock together.

Gepetto is just as big an idiot and Cowboy apologist as you are for the most part...you, all your aliai, Gepetto and 49erssuck are all in the coo-coo flock together.

Yup...still wondering why Romo over Rivers.

I don't think you can say a guy's not top 5 just because he hasn't produced/won in the playoffs.Rodgers hasn't done anything postseason wise but he had 35 td's this year, was the top scorer in my money league and helped me win the league title. Brees is another example. He's a top 5 QB but really hasn't done squat in the playoffs. So, as of now these guys would be my top five heading into the 2010 season.

Do you think there is a difference between a top 5 QB and a top 5 FANTASY QB :music_guitarred:

Rivers below Romo? based on what?

Rivers had a mediocre year 2 or 3 years ago, if I remember right.

Do you think there is a difference between a top 5 QB and a top 5 FANTASY QB :thumbsup:

yes, absolutely. Ben is a better NFL QB than fantasy QB. Romo is a better Fantasy QB than NFL QB. The argument for Romo being a top 5 FF QB might be stronger than it is for top 5 NFL QB. Although, technically he 6th in one league I'm in and 9th in another...so, he's not even Elite there :rolleyes:

These top 10 lists are so subjective. People place way to much blame on the qb when they lose and way to much credit when they win. Dallas as a TEAM has been playing better. But if Romo goes out and throws for 300 yards and 3 tds with no picks, and Dallas loses, then a lot of you haters will say, oh look, ROMO lost another game. Romo has played his best football this year, their defense is peaking at the right time, and they could win a few games. I'm a huge cowboys fan and will be at the game, but for me to say I think they will win the Super bowl this year is absurd. I just want a playoff win for Romo so people will let up a little on him. It doesn't help when tools like blue star wrecking crew won't ever shut up about the guy. When he wins us a super bowl, I'll never shut up about him either, until then, my fingers are crossed.

yes, absolutely. Ben is a better NFL QB than fantasy QB. Romo is a better Fantasy QB than NFL QB. The argument for Romo being a top 5 FF QB might be stronger than it is for top 5 NFL QB. Although, technically he 6th in one league I'm in and 9th in another...so, he's not even Elite there :thumbsup:

See for the most part i disagree. Give me one time where a qb finished the year in the top 5 in fantasy points, and you wouldn't consider him a top 10 qb? There aren't really any system qb's in the NFL, possibly when Martz was with the Lions. But if a qb puts up good yardage, tds, good completion percentage, few turnovers, how are they not a good NFL qb. I've never understood this argument.