Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

It's official, the Patriots

It's funny, but Belichick looks mighty ordinary after his secret weapon, knowing what the other team was gonna call, was taken away. I just hope we can put an end to the phrase "the Patriot way". I get so sick of hearing that. "Oh, teams want to build with character players, guys who value team over individual first, the Patriot way". The only Patriot Way is the way of cheaters...

It's funny, but Belichick looks mighty ordinary after his secret weapon, knowing what the other team was gonna call, was taken away. I just hope we can put an end to the phrase "the Patriot way". I get so sick of hearing that. "Oh, teams want to build with character players, guys who value team over individual first, the Patriot way". The only Patriot Way is the way of cheaters...

:cry: :lol: some funny SH!T how about you worry about your team actually winning more than 5 games a year :unsure:

They knew what plays the Ravens were gonna run yesterday and still could not stop them :dunno:

:) :lol: some funny SH!T how about you worry about your team actually winning more than 5 games a year :)

They knew what plays the Ravens were gonna run yesterday and still could not stop them :thumbsdown:

my team wins more than 5 games every year...and has won superbowls much more recently than your team, and didn't do so with cheating.

:overhead:

my team wins more than 5 games every year...and has won superbowls much more recently than your team, and didn't do so with cheating.

:thumbsdown:

thought you are a Seahawk fan :overhead: You must be a Steeler fan than :)

Your team probably does cheat as do alot of teams :)

I love a good Patriots bashing thread as much as the next hater but c'mon. This is some weak bait.

It's True :)

The Pats cheated and Ortiz and Manny were both on roids. Talk about titles with an asterisk.

every World Series Champion from about 1988-present needs an asterisk than dipsh!t :)

Before Spygate, I was amazed at the Patriots always seemed to have the right play called against the blitz. After spygate, I knew why.

If you ever see an nfl replay game of the Pats from 2002-2006 watch how they always have the perfect play called.

Before Spygate, I was amazed at the Patriots always seemed to have the right play called against the blitz. After spygate, I knew why.

If you ever see an nfl replay game of the Pats from 2002-2006 watch how they always have the perfect play called.

They looked like the Ravens looked yesterday :headbanger: The Ravens completely dominated in every aspect of the game. Heck the Patriots knew what was coming yesterday and still could not stop them.

In my opinion... while the ways the Patriots cheated may have factored in a little bit (like winning on a field goal to end the game in the Super Bowl :overhead: )... I think the real reason why the Pats aren't as good any more is because all their good players on defense are gone, all their coaches are gone... and they are now an offensive team in which one of their star player disappears at times (and is one dimendsional and aging), and their most dependable player was hurt.

In my opinion... while the ways the Patriots cheated may have factored in a little bit (like winning on a field goal to end the game in the Super Bowl :bandana: )... I think the real reason why the Pats aren't as good any more is because all their good players on defense are gone, all their coaches are gone... and they are now an offensive team in which one of their star player disappears at times (and is one dimendsional and aging), and their most dependable player was hurt.

This is fair. It's a mixture of the cameras being off, key guys aging or gone due to age, and all of Bellichick's staff leaving to coach the Browns.

I also think that Brady might be a little bored with the sport of football. He might be contemplating leaving to be a full-time Chanel model.

This is fair. It's a mixture of the cameras being off, key guys aging or gone due to age, and all of Bellichick's staff leaving to coach the Browns.

I also think that Brady might be a little bored with the sport of football. He might be contemplating leaving to be a full-time Chanel model.

i heard he was moving the mountains

They looked like the Ravens looked yesterday :thumbsup: The Ravens completely dominated in every aspect of the game. Heck the Patriots knew what was coming yesterday and still could not stop them.

No, the Ravens just ran it down your throats.

The examples that dude was talking about was on offense, Brady & the Pats always had the PERFECT play call against the blitz. It was like they knew who was blitzing, and from where, and what the coverages would be behind them :thumbsup:

The examples that dude was talking about was on offense, Brady & the Pats always had the PERFECT play call against the blitz. It was like they knew who was blitzing, and from where, and what the coverages would be behind them :thumbsup:

really :thumbsup:

i was just talking about how it seemed the Ravens knew exactly what offensive play the Pats were running. The Ravens were just more prepared than the Patriots and wanted it more. They played like the Patriots teams in the past :shocking:

In my opinion... while the ways the Patriots cheated may have factored in a little bit (like winning on a field goal to end the game in the Super Bowl :thumbsdown: )... I think the real reason why the Pats aren't as good any more is because all their good players on defense are gone, all their coaches are gone... and they are now an offensive team in which one of their star player disappears at times (and is one dimendsional and aging), and their most dependable player was hurt.

Don't confuse this rabble with actual facts. They only know how to hate and just don't understand what they're missing.

The examples that dude was talking about was on offense, Brady & the Pats always had the PERFECT play call against the blitz. It was like they knew who was blitzing, and from where, and what the coverages would be behind them :banana:

I'm confused. I thought those titles were won because their D was so good and carried them and Brady was overrated.

Now it's because their offense was so dominant because they knew the plays ahead of time?

I guess that makes sense since their offense scores so many fewer points now than they did 6-7 years ago.

really :wave:

i was just talking about how it seemed the Ravens knew exactly what offensive play the Pats were running. The Ravens were just more prepared than the Patriots and wanted it more. They played like the Patriots teams in the past :(

I think there was more luck involved. The picks were lucky, except for perhaps one of them.

I suspect that Rice getting that first TD, followed almost immediately by the teams leader handing the ball over which led to another TD really affected that team. And eventually the coaches managed to unfock them, but entirely too late.

:) :cry:

:wall: :lol: that was funny, did you make that video Ray Ray????

By the way im not crying cause after an a$$ kicking like that there is no crying. Ill just b!tch about how bad we looked.

:wall: :) that was funny, did you make that video Ray Ray????

By the way im not crying cause after an a$$ kicking like that there is no crying. Ill just b!tch about how bad we looked.

I found it, thought it was well done.... :cry:

:wall:

I am scared to respond to someones post when that poster watches that type of video :) You have major issues 'flahawker'

Since being caught cheating they have a 38-13 record.

Smart post. :thumbsup:

Since being caught cheating they have a 38-13 record.

Smart post. :thumbsup:

and have won 0 championships...and now get blowed out in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Smart post :angry:

The Patriots were a VERY good team for nearly a decade, and their record can easily be justified. That they won so well in the playoffs is now suspect because we know they cheated. I can justify their place in the playoffs during those years, that they were cheating now makes me question whether they would have fared so well without it in the post season. :dunno:

The Patriots were a VERY good team for nearly a decade, and their record can easily be justified. That they won so well in the playoffs is now suspect because we know they cheated. I can justify their place in the playoffs during those years, that they were cheating now makes me question whether they would have fared so well without it in the post season. :dunno:

Ain't that the truth -

Even as a Colts homer/Pats hater, I had always given credit to the Patriots' SB rings despite the cheating allegations (and convictions). But it was always still a little fishy...how the St. Louis Rams' BEST OFFENSE EVER was suddenly shut down by the unknown Bill Bellichick and his unknown DEF.

My suspicions rose in 2007, when the Giants managed to beat the Patriots in that SuperBowl, BY PUTTING PRESSURE ON BRADY. Not only is Brady terrible under pressure, but he honestly looks like he's NEVER SEEN PRESSURE BEFORE. Maybe he hasn't, it makes you wonder...maybe the team really did steal signs, know what blitz was coming and where it was coming. I think Trent Dilfer could've won 2-3 SuperBowls with the Ravens had he known pre-snap what the DEF would be doing.

But this year really put me over the top...The Patriot's roster doesn't consist of many (if any) true "winners" on their team. They were a mediocre team all season with a supposedly top5 QB of all time, the most talented WR of all time, the best slot WR I've ever seen, a solid OLine...and a Head Coach who was supposed to be a genius, especially on the DEF side of the ball. Heck, he had turned Troy Brown into a solid CB in his SuperBowl days. How the 2009 Patriots team didn't win more, or at least even resemble a top team all season is beyond me. This team is FAR more talented than any of their SB rosters (maybe not depth-wise, but top talent absolutely), yet they haven't won a SuperBowl in what, 6-7 years?

The window is shut on the Patriots, and you've gotta really wonder why it was ever open in the first place..

Ain't that the truth -

Even as a Colts homer/Pats hater, I had always given credit to the Patriots' SB rings despite the cheating allegations (and convictions). But it was always still a little fishy...how the St. Louis Rams' BEST OFFENSE EVER was suddenly shut down by the unknown Bill Bellichick and his unknown DEF.

Dude, the taping could have only helped the pats offense against the rams defense. It had no help on the pats defense against the rams offense. They taped hand signals of coaches calling the defense. There were no hand signals to the offense. The qb's got plays called from microphones.

Dude, the taping could have only helped the pats offense against the rams defense. It had no help on the pats defense against the rams offense. They taped hand signals of coaches calling the defense. There were no hand signals to the offense. The qb's got plays called from microphones.

And the allegations over taping the Ram's redzone practices prior to the SuperBowl?

Belichick Coach of the decade:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...belichick_N.htm

Bill Belichick, despite his warts, stood tallest in NFL in the 2000s

By Bob Velin, USA TODAY

Third installment in a month-long series about the NFL's All-Decade Team of the 2000s.

One number stands out among the many Bill Belichick has amassed during his Hall of Fame coaching career: 112.

Belichick won more regular-season games in the 2000s — 112, all with the New England Patriots— than any other NFL coach won in any previous decade. Coming closest are Tom Landry's 105 victories and Don Shula's 104 in the 1970s.

So it was as a unanimous selection that Belichick earned NFL Coach of the Decade honors from USA TODAY.

What makes Belichick's total all the more impressive, said ESPN's Mike Golic, is that Landry and Shula never had to deal with free agency as Belichick has.

"To be able to continue to build, and rebuild at times, and retool his team in this decade and do that much winning, is pretty impressive," Golic said.

Another number sets Belichick even farther apart from his coaching competition — such as Andy Reid, Bill Cowher, Jeff Fisher and Tony Dungy— in this decade.

Three. As in Lombardi trophies. Dungy and Cowher both won just one in the 2000s, Reid and Fisher, none.

Belichick won three Super Bowls in four years — the only coach ever to accomplish that feat — in building the decade's only dynasty.

• He won the AFC East title seven out of 10 times, and at least tied for the division's best record every year since 2001.

• His playoff record during the decade was 14-4. His 15 playoff wins (including one in Cleveland) rank fifth all time.

• He spawned head coaches and general managers in bunches. Eight of his former assistants were head coaches in the NFL or college in 2009, including Josh McDaniels in Denver, Eric Mangini in Cleveland, Nick Saban at Alabama and Charlie Weis at Notre Dame.

• Five former assistants were NFL general managers in 2009, including Thomas Dimitroff in Atlanta, Ozzie Newsome in Baltimore and Scott Pioli in Kansas City.

• Until the Indianapolis Colts broke the record this season, Belichick's Patriots held the NFL mark of 21 consecutive regular-season victories (2006-2008) and still hold the record for most consecutive victories (21, from 2003-04) and most consecutive playoff victories (10, from 2001-05).

• Perhaps Belichick's most impressive coaching job came in 2008, when the Patriots didn't even qualify for the playoffs. After his MVP quarterback, Tom Brady, went down in the opening game of the season, Belichick plugged Matt Cassel— who had not started a game since high school — in at quarterback, and the Patriots finished 11-5.

Urban Meyer, who coached the University of Florida to two national collegiate football titles, was thoroughly impressed with Belichick during a visit to the Patriots' offseason program last April.

"I saw the way, in my mind, the best coach in professional sports — not basketball, not football, not baseball … in all sports — handled his team," Meyer said. "We're talking about arguably one of the greatest coaches of all time."

Belichick's decade has not been unblemished, however.

The 2007 Spygate scandal, one of the decade's biggest NFL stories, saw Belichick punished for illegally videotaping opponents' defensive signals. The NFL fined Belichick $500,000, fined the Patriots $250,000 and stripped them of a first-round draft pick.

"If you're naïve to believe that helped him win a Super Bowl, you're kidding yourself. I don't believe that," said former New York Jets and Kansas City Chiefs coach Herm Edwards, now an ESPN analyst, who on one of the tapes was seen waving to the Patriots' cameras.

After Belichick was busted, his Patriots went undefeated during the 2007 regular season and finished 18-1, losing their perfect record to the New York Giants in a 17-14 loss in Super Bowl XLII.

Former Patriots safety Rodney Harrison summed up what sets Belichick apart in the coaching profession.

"What really gives him an edge is the focus on situational football, Harrison told The Sporting News in September. "I never paid attention to that as much until I got to New England — and it's a reason why in critical junctures of playoff games, we didn't panic.

"Every situation that came up, we'd gone over in practice. All of them. It's those little things most coaches get away from, and Bill doesn't."

Jim Schwartz, now the head coach of the Detroit Lions, and one of Belichick's disciples, said his time in Cleveland working as a young assistant for Belichick was the greatest education, and one of the most rewarding experiences he could possibly have received in the sport.

"We were all first-timers in the NFL, with no families," he said. "Fifteen years later you realize how special that group was.

"It was like getting a degree in Football-ology."

And the allegations over taping the Ram's redzone practices prior to the SuperBowl?

The rams scored a TD on every drive that they entered the redzone in that super bowl.

Allegations that is it even Walsh said it did not happen :thumbsup: Not even close to same proof of the allegations against your Colts of cheating and pumping in sound :thumbsup:

Allegations that is it even Walsh said it did not happen :nono: Not even close to same proof of the allegations against your Colts of cheating and pumping in sound :shocking:

Oh, you mean the proof that CBS came out and admitted it was a mistake on their part, not the stadium's??

Right, got ya :banana:

And stealing signs and taping opponents practices is really the same as crowd noise :dunno:

Oh, you mean the proof that CBS came out and admitted it was a mistake on their part, not the stadium's??

Right, got ya :banana:

And stealing signs and taping opponents practices is really the same as crowd noise :dunno:

Cheating is cheating :shocking: so dont act like your Colts are too good. They did not tape practices or the super bowl walk through so just stick to stealing signs. They stole signs like just about every other team in any sport still does.

Are you a baseball fan??? Have you ever heard of "shot heard round the world" :dunno: Bobby Thomson's HR that won the National League pennant. It has been said that the pitchers in the Giants bullpen behind center field were giving Thomson the pitches :nono: Bottom line is stealing signs happen in ever sport on probably every level.

and the security guard at Colts stadium was lying i guess so my bad

Allegations that is it even Walsh said it did not happen :dunno: Not even close to same proof of the allegations against your Colts of cheating and pumping in sound :banana:

Dude, you really need to quit. As soon as you bring up the Colts cheating by pumping in sound, you really just look stupid. I got a lot of respect for ya, but facts are facts.

It was proven the Pats cheated, did it help them win 3 SB's? We will never know, as the NFL covered that part up.

It was proven that the Colts did NOT pump in music, in all those youtube video's you like to post. So you really just need to stop saying it.

Dude, you really need to quit. As soon as you bring up the Colts cheating by pumping in sound, you really just look stupid. I got a lot of respect for ya, but facts are facts.

It was proven the Pats cheated, did it help them win 3 SB's? We will never know, as the NFL covered that part up.

It was proven that the Colts did NOT pump in music, in all those youtube video's you like to post. So you really just need to stop saying it.

All i said was there is more proof that the Colts pumped in sound than the Patriots taping the walk through. Even the guy, Walsh, who gave tapes of everything else to NFL said it did not happen. And i found a tape were security guard said the Colts did it. Not saying they are same type of crime just that both had been accused of cheating and nothing found on either to be found guilty.

Both the taping of walk through and fake noice may or may not be true just pointing out that your Colts were accused of cheating as well

And i never said the Patriots did not get caught taping signs.

All i said was there is more proof that the Colts pumped in sound than the Patriots taping the walk through. Even the guy, Walsh, who gave tapes of everything else to NFL said it did not happen. And i found a tape were security guard said the Colts did it. Not saying they are same type of crime just that both had been accused of cheating and nothing found on either to be found guilty.

Both the taping of walk through and fake noice may or may not be true just pointing out that your Colts were accused of cheating as well

And i never said the Patriots did not get caught taping signs.

The Pats were found guilty of cheating and lost a 1st round draft pick and two different fines of $250,000. Did I miss something or did you miss something? The Colts have never been found guilty of cheating, even the NFL looked into it and found they were not doing it.

The Pats have actually been caught TWICE taping the other team, they were warned, as the whole league was the year before they got into so much trouble for doing it against the Packers I believe.

Also, the Pats have been accused of doing stuff to their fields. Like not cutting the grass, I guess Belichick iced down a field in Cleveland or something as well. Bill will bend any rule he can, he admits to it. Dungy is not a type of person to cheat, nor did he cheat during his time as the Colts Head coach. If anything, he wasn't daring enough in my opinion, but he is still a good coach and I would rather have him, than Bill.

The Pats were found guilty of cheating and lost a 1st round draft pick and two different fines of $250,000. Did I miss something or did you miss something? The Colts have never been found guilty of cheating, even the NFL looked into it and found they were not doing it.

The Pats have actually been caught TWICE taping the other team, they were warned, as the whole league was the year before they got into so much trouble for doing it against the Packers I believe.

Also, the Pats have been accused of doing stuff to their fields. Like not cutting the grass, I guess Belichick iced down a field in Cleveland or something as well. Bill will bend any rule he can, he admits to it. Dungy is not a type of person to cheat, nor did he cheat during his time as the Colts Head coach. If anything, he wasn't daring enough in my opinion, but he is still a good coach and I would rather have him, than Bill.

And have i ever said the Patriots did not get busted for taping other teams signs??? NO i said they did not get in trouble for taping the walk thru of super bowl because they didnt. Am i wrong???

Again almost every dam pro team gets accused of doing something to their field!!! It may be keeping the grass long to slow ground balls down, keeping grass long to slow faster teams down, or wetting the dirt to slow other teams down. So dont use some dam excuse that almost every college or pro team does of some sort. That is my dam point :headbanger:

And have i ever said the Patriots did not get busted for taping other teams signs??? NO i said they did not get in trouble for taping the walk thru of super bowl because they didnt. Am i wrong???

Again almost every dam pro team gets accused of doing something to their field!!! It may be keeping the grass long to slow ground balls down, keeping grass long to slow faster teams down, or wetting the dirt to slow other teams down. So dont use some dam excuse that almost every college or pro team does of some sort. That is my dam point :headbanger:

We appear to have some noob's doing what noob's do; making sh!t up to satisfy themselves... ;)