Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

"""Official American Idol 9th Season"""

From what I remember, the first few eliminations are always like this. There are obvious people who SHOULD be kicked out. like that Landslide girl and One Republic guy. But others, who we know will EVENTUALLY get eliminated, get kicked first.

Not a big surprise. No one is that mad about. ANd we know those other people are eventually going to get kicked off.

PS...how awkward was that group song?

Honestly, every single season, I have 3 or 4 favorites by this time. And this season, I have 0.

My favorite was Ahsley. It's a shame she didn't sing well, because from the stuff they showed of her audition and Hollywood, I thought she had one of the better voices AND the look.

I liked everything Andrew Garcia has done up ubtil this week. He reminds me of Danny Gokey.

The "Wicked Games" Chick stood out for me, and the little hot # from West DesMoines who sang "Oh darling. My Favories goin in were Lilly and Andrew but Andrew is fall like a rock. The Blonde dude set himself aprt from the other guys this week.

That chick who belted out Think by Aretha is one odd duck. I bet she is a dirty freak in the sack. Also liked the girl who started off the show with CCR and the one who played the 12 string. :overhead:

I can't figure out which guys are going, but I also can't figure out why they think that Alex Lambert guy is good. He's not. And neither is Lee Dewyze. Get rid of the Tim Urban joker, for sure.

And holy Christ, if that goofy Hailey Paige isn't gone this week, I swear I'm going to ram pencils into my ears. She is not good. And unfortunately, I think the last hottie left, Didi, will be gone. The voice just isn't there for her.

Crystal Bowersox can sing, and that Shiobahn chick is impressing me. The goofy indie chick does nothing for me, yet they keep sucking her balls. Don't get it.

And neither is Lee Dewyze.

I actually like his voice and singing...but his stage presence is terrible...dude projects the image "I don't belong up here".

Honestly, I don't see any men that can win this.

Big Mike and Casey James are the top 2 imo for the men. But idk if the world wants another Ruben Studdard and I think Casey's lack of vocal skills will be revealed once the themed weeks arrive.

I still like Andrew Garcia, but it looks like he is going downhill.

There are 4 women I really like. Crystal and Lilly Scott are the two favorites right now. But I feel like their styles are so damn similar one of them will get eliminated before their time. I also like that Shiaban Magnus girl. Also, I really liked the girl who did Coldplay, really great voice, great control.

Also Lacey Brown is hot.

Big Mike and Casey James are the top 2 imo for the men. But idk if the world wants another Ruben Studdard and I think Casey's lack of vocal skills will be revealed once the themed weeks arrive.

There are 4 women I really like. Crystal and Lilly Scott are the two favorites right now. But I feel like their styles are so damn similar one of them will get eliminated before their time. I also like that Shiaban Magnus girl. Also, I really liked the girl who did Coldplay, really great voice, great control.

Also Lacey Brown is hot.

Spot on except for the bolded. Unless she gets a nose job to cut down her gigantic shnoz.

Also Lacey Brown is hot.

I mostly agree with this. Casey is the only potential "idol" from the men, more because of his looks than raw talent. Big Mike is not that good; I think people are afraid to criticize him for fear that he will eat them.

Crystal is good but I'm not convinced she is as good as the judges are playing up. I thought her performance started poorly and improved by the end. Also if you look up "white trash" in the dictionary, you'd see her picture. Liked Lilly despite her albino look. Shioban (sp?) was the best I saw this week; great combo of looks and voice.

Spot on except for the bolded. Unless she gets a nose job to cut down her gigantic shnoz.

But there just aren't any major hotties left. Dare I say Katie Stevens....

I miss that one season with Kellie Pickler and Kathryn McFee

But there just aren't any major hotties left. Dare I say Katie Stevens....

I miss that one season with Kellie Pickler and Kathryn McFee

I know. It's kind of focked. Now it will have to be based on how they sing. That Kaitlyn chick is okay, I guess.

You homos have a American Idol thread?! Why don't you just self-castrate yourselves and be done with it.

No big surprises last night. Glad they got that one black chick out of there, she was annoying as FOCK.

American Idol: The top eight female semifinalists perform, 8:00 - 9:00 PM FOX

Once they axe a couple more it should get a little interesting. :doh:

1. Katie Stevens - She needs to go. She always comes across like she is in some Juvenile Beauty pageant.

2. Siobhan Magnus - My Favorite of the group. I think she is the most unusual, and unpredictable of the bunch, with a voice to match anything she tries.

3. Lacey Brown - Great night for Lacey and i hope she makes the cut!!

4. Katelyn Epperly - She sang the song real well, but she should have atleast tried moving her arms on the organ. She might be in trouble,

5. Didi Benami - This chick looks like a young Brook and sings better than the tatoo chick from last season. Great song choice and performance!

6. Paige Miles - What a flat performance. She blew it but demographics are on her side for this cut, though she should be gone.

7. Crystal Bowersox - Great performance again. What's gonna happen when they dictate what she sings though? She is the leader.

8. Lilly Scott - Gets waaaay too much credit, but she should be safe none the less.

My order of preference for the Idol Female Crown:

Siobhan - Judges can toss her anything and she will sing it.

Crystal - What happens if pulled out of her wheelhouse?

Didi, Lacey, and Katelyn - I have to wonder how they will handle the assigned genres. I feel katelyn is the most musically flexible of these 3.

Lilly - She has been getting away with the most arrangement mashing, but needs to have a moment. "Fixing a Hole" wasn't one.

Paige - She can make the comeback if she decides to go with what her strengths are, not what she wants them to be.

Katie - She has got to go.

Well, never too early for some POWER RANKINGS!

1. Crystal Bowwowsox - Simon is right, she is the absolute favorite to win it right now. My roommate, who never watches the show sits down when she was singing, and he's like "is she like a special guest or something?" And he was shocked that she was a contestant. This girl already has everything needed to be a relevant female artist in the folk/acoustics scene. And to answer remote's question about what she would do if she was pulled out of her element...like 90s pop night, or 70s funk night...I image she would do what David Cook did and just do guitar renditions of those type of songs.

2. Lilly Scott - There are two big reasons why producers want to put someone at the last spot, the money spot. It is either a favorite, ready to blast off and make a statement. Or a favorite that need votes, needing a desperate boost. I actually think it was neither of those things last night. I think Crystal is so far ahead of all the ladies right now that the producers are trying to get SOMEONE to catch up with her. Either Lilly's second place right now, or her style is so similar to Crystal's that the producers hope she steals some of Crystals votes. Either way, average performance, but I really liked her.

3. Siobhan Magnus - Great voice. Love everything she sings. But will she be able to do some new stuff that appeals to the tweens? She's stay in the competition for a while....but we all know you won't get TOO far if you don't have the millions of tweens behind you.

4. Didi Benami - I'm not a huge fan, but everyone else in the room seemed to like her. I just think she is a one trick pony...kinda like Brooke White from a season ago.

5. Katelyn Epperly - Damnit, I hated that her performance was bad. Because she is my darkhorse pick. I really like her voice and the way she controls it. She just needs to go big and announce her presence with authority!

6. Lacey Brown - Great performance. But that was the first one I actually enjoyed. She still has pitch problems like crazy though...not that anyone notices or cares.

7. Paige Miles - I have not enjoyed ANY of the performances she had this whole season. We all know why she is still in this competition and why she might make top 12.

8. Katie Stevens - I. HATE. THIS. GIRL. I don't like the way she sings. I don't like the way she looks at me when she sings. I don't like the way she dresses. I don't like the way she milks that whole grandma story. Please vote her off.

3. Siobhan Magnus - Great voice. Love everything she sings. But will she be able to do some new stuff that appeals to the tweens? She's stay in the competition for a while....but we all know you won't get TOO far if you don't have the millions of tweens behind you.

I think she could sing "Number 9", or the Oscar Meyer Weiner song, and make it interesting

I think she could sing "Number 9", or the Oscar Meyer Weiner song, and make it interesting

Thats because you're a grown man that appreciates good music and good voices.

This is a show where Sanjaya can get further than Siobhan.

Thats because you're a grown man that appreciates good music and good voices.

This is a show where Sanjaya can get further than Siobhan.

You bring up something i keep forgetting to mention. They didn't bring along any people we love to hate this year. The last such person was the B!tch from group day, and she didn't make it. The Jim Morrison dude might have qualified but they canned him too. I guess katie is the one who bothers me th most this year now.

Here is my order from top to bottom:

1. Crystal Bowersox-My wife and I agreed that the reason she is head and shoulders above the rest is that she already has a style and looks like she could give two sh1ts whether she wins or not. She knows she's good and sings like she knows it.

2. Siobhan Magnus- has kicked ass all three weeks. Her voice stands on it's own, and she doesn't have to be gimmicky. They also cleaned her up so she doesn't look so punky, but lose the nose ring.

3. Lilly Scott- I hate her affect while she's singing. Obviously she is having a tough time following the advice about keeping her eyes open, but I think the judges, especially Simon, are catching on to the fact that although she's different, she's really not too diverse. She can't win the whole thing.

4. Didi Benami- Surviving the cut was the best thing to happen to her. I like her voice and her look (rc is right, she has that whole Brooke White vibe about her) and she bounced back great, but her voice is just not strong enough.

5. Katelyn Epperly- Focked it up last night, but does have a nice voice. Comes across as kind of a wingnut, and doesn't know how to perform in front of an audience.

6. Lacey Brown- Again, the bad reviews helped her, but I think she's going to struggle with anything but those light, poppy songs. That's fine, but it won't help her win.

7. Katie Stevens- At this point, she's so discombobulated that I'd be surprised if she can please any of the judges again. It's not exactly her fault. I think she knew her niche, those Michael Buble/Harry Connick kind of tunes, but the judges dissed her on them even though she sang them well. After two weeks of dogging her for singing those "older" songs, she goes to something she doesn't like singing and focks it up. It's a shame, because she has a good, powerful voice.

8. Paige Miles- "I get so emotional singing that song. Michael Jackson sang it and it just brings up so many emotions, and that happened a little on stage." Just the fact that you're emotional about Michael Jackson should disqualify your dumb ass, not to mention you sounded like crap. In fact, I don't get why the judges liked her for the first two weeks. She has been average at best. "All Right Now" in week 1? Honey, that song wasn't made for you.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Paige and Katelyn are gone, with Katie hanging on due to the teenybopper vote.

Kind of weird, but the last couple of weeks I've been noticing a ton of Rolling Stones on the radio...more than the usual.

'American Idol' Top 12 week will be music of the Rolling Stones

EW has learned that American Idol’s Top 12 contestants will perform the music of the Rolling Stones next week. During an ad break at the top 8 guys performance show, Ryan Seacrest taped a radio promotion in which he mentioned that the first week for the 12 Idol finalists will feature songs by the iconic British rock group.

~by Adam B. Vary

I thought all the guys were pretty good last night. Tough to pick who's going or staying

1-Michael Lynche-Dude has a great voice, and now that he's singing soul, he's in the groove

2-Casey James-Is he country or rock? Either way, I see him being around a while.

3-Lee DeWyze-I liked the change-up of song style. He's growing on me.

4-Aaron Kelly-The little focker can sing. And Kara needs to shut up about the connection to the song BS. He sang a good song really well.

5-Alex Lambert-I don't like his voice, it's a little to nasally for my taste, but he's calming down and performing well. I still don't get why they love him so much, though.

6-Tim Urban-I wouldn't say he nailed it last night, but that song is so good that even if you come close to hitting it, you'll sound great.

7-Andrew Garcia-I liked his take on Genie in a Bottle, but sadly, I think he's proving to be a one trick pony.

8-Todrick Hall-decent, but not in the league with the rest of the group.

I say Todrick and Andrew are likely to go, with Alex Lambert a possibility as well.

And Kara looks like a complete nutball after that crying baloney last night. Yeah, it was great, but come on. Don't get all blubbery about a contestant that hasn't even made the top 12 yet, biotch.

I thought all the guys were pretty good last night. Tough to pick who's going or staying

1-Michael Lynche-Dude has a great voice, and now that he's singing soul, he's in the groove

2-Casey James-Is he country or rock? Either way, I see him being around a while.

3-Lee DeWyze-I liked the change-up of song style. He's growing on me.

4-Aaron Kelly-The little focker can sing. And Kara needs to shut up about the connection to the song BS. He sang a good song really well.

5-Alex Lambert-I don't like his voice, it's a little to nasally for my taste, but he's calming down and performing well. I still don't get why they love him so much, though.

6-Tim Urban-I wouldn't say he nailed it last night, but that song is so good that even if you come close to hitting it, you'll sound great.

7-Andrew Garcia-I liked his take on Genie in a Bottle, but sadly, I think he's proving to be a one trick pony.

8-Todrick Hall-decent, but not in the league with the rest of the group.

I say Todrick and Andrew are likely to go, with Alex Lambert a possibility as well.

And Kara looks like a complete nutball after that crying baloney last night. Yeah, it was great, but come on. Don't get all blubbery about a contestant that hasn't even made the top 12 yet, biotch.

I don't remember half of their names, but I actually thought Todrick had the best performance of the night. Queen songs have killed most artists; it is like trying to sing Whitney Houston before the drugs. He not only nailed it, but gave it his own gospel flair.

In the end tho it will come down to your top two. James is the only one with "Idol" potential. I thought Lynch sang well, but he strikes me as another Reuben irrelevant singer.

In the end tho it will come down to your top two. James is the only one with "Idol" potential. I thought Lynch sang well, but he strikes me as another Reuben irrelevant singer.

Plus, "Big Mike" claims to be a personal trainer and carries about 25% body fat. :thumbsup: Who the fock would hire him?

I don't like or feel connected to any of the men.

I envision you with a big black ###### in your ass as you typed this. :thumbsup:

I envision you with a big black ###### in your ass as you typed this. :thumbsup:

That's funny, whenever you post, I always envision you with a pile of shiit in your mouth.

I've participated in every Idol thread over the years, but this will probably be my only post in this one: This year's contestants are horrible, and their song choices worse. In years past, I found myself rewinding a performance at least once a week because it was so good. This year I can barely stay focused long enough to figure out what genre they're performing.

I've participated in every Idol thread over the years, but this will probably be my only post in this one: This year's contestants are horrible, and their song choices worse. In years past, I found myself rewinding a performance at least once a week because it was so good. This year I can barely stay focused long enough to figure out what genre they're performing.

Can't wait to hear them butcher the Stones. :cheers:

I completely agree with you.

I think a big part is the lack of a hottie.

Was/is Bowersox incredibly preggo?

There's definitely something going on with her physically.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Paige and Katelyn are gone, with Katie hanging on due to the teenybopper vote.

I was only half right on the girls, but I got the guys right. As much as that Lilly bothered the crap out of me, I was shocked to see her go. Apparently so was she.

And you guys are wrong. Didi Benami is hot.

And you guys are wrong. Didi Benami is hot.

I think Siobhan or however you spell it is hot too. :blink:

I agree!

She's got that innocent look yet you know she'd be a freak in the sack. If she went on stage in a prono schoolgirl outfit, all 10 of us guys who watch would totally F5 our votes for her. :mellow:

Lacey Brown got the boot. I thought she sucked this past week, but thought she'd survive. My wife and little girl both liked her this past week...I wasn't sure what they were hearing. :overhead:

Lacey Brown got the boot. I thought she sucked this past week, but thought she'd survive. My wife and little girl both liked her this past week...I wasn't sure what they were hearing. :lock:

:overhead:

Lacey Brown got the boot. I thought she sucked this past week, but thought she'd survive. My wife and little girl both liked her this past week...I wasn't sure what they were hearing. :thumbsdown:

I think it was a couple of weeks too late. If that focking Paige hangs on much longer, I might throw a brick through the TV.

I think it was a couple of weeks too late. If that focking Paige hangs on much longer, I might throw a brick through the TV.

All of this week's bottom three are/were on life support and quickly fading/ed.

I'm sorry, I honestly have no attachment to any of the contestants this season. First time ever this has happened.

I find myself fast forwarding through half the contestants performances.

Probably still gonna watch, but really won't mind if I missed it.