Sign in to follow this  
Chronic Husker

Good job, Mississippi

Every time I've brought it up has been in response to the dumbass talking points you learned on Fox News.

You watch it too? Ain't it great! :music_guitarred: :doublethumbsup: .....and you have 7 other options that all feed the left.

You watch it too? Ain't it great! :music_guitarred: :doublethumbsup: .....and you have 7 other options that all feed the left.

For those of us who don't watch it, was Fox in favor of them taking the prom away from all the non-gay students, too?

For those of us who don't watch it, was Fox in favor of them taking the prom away from all the non-gay students, too?

about a 55% to 45% split, just like the make up of thier coverage of everything. You hear both sides. How did you fair on the other 7 news outlets?

about a 55% to 45% split, just like the make up of thier coverage of everything. You hear both sides. How did you fair on the other 7 news outlets?

:music_guitarred:

That's why I love Fox News. Fair and balanced. :doublethumbsup:

You asked what should the school do if she brought two girls next year (using the polygamy angle again - surprise, surprise).

:thumbsdown:

My contention was that the ACLU would not get involved in that and that the school could enforce whatever rule they wished, it's just this anti-gay rule that has the ACLU in action.

If you can find me a case where the ACLU has supported a polygamist in a high school prom case or someone who wanted to bring their pig (or other favorite farm animal), I'll be more than happy to listen.

FAIL

Where have they ever defended a polygamist?

FAIL

Here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=...K6OhZVK7W9g8-yg

and many more places.

:lol:

I have made many points about this prom case. My point is that it's a slippery slope. You continue to make nasty remarks and fail to give any type of comprehensive thought to the subject. Go back and read how many posts you actually make sense and how many posts you just enjoy picking on others who don't share the same thought as you.

This is where CH just ignores this FAIL and moves to his next FAIL.

:pointstosky:

FAIL

FAIL

This is where CH just ignores his own FAIL and moves to his next FAIL.

:thumbsdown:

jets24 found a link that the ACLU has defended polygamists.

:pointstosky:

Has there ever been a "polygamy" case regarding HS prom? No. His slippery slope is mutually exclusive to this particular case. There ARE cases of the ACLU backing HS prom same-sex date students.

This girl will be going to prom with her girlfriend.

Forget if this is a stupid rule or not (IMO, it is). How dare the ACLU tell the school that it must have a prom. What gives them the right?

Legally, the school has to educate the children, but there is no law that says the school must have a prom. If they want to cancel it, it is their right to do so, is it not? Who gives a fawk what their reasons are, they could not have a prom just because they don't want to. Who the fuckk is the ACLU to tell them that they should have to? :thumbsdown:

Forget if this is a stupid rule or not (IMO, it is). How dare the ACLU tell the school that it must have a prom. What gives them the right?

Legally, the school has to educate the children, but there is no law that says the school must have a prom. If they want to cancel it, it is their right to do so, is it not? Who gives a fawk what their reasons are, they could not have a prom just because they don't want to. Who the fuckk is the ACLU to tell them that they should have to? :pointstosky:

Maybe another group within the ACLU will take up this cause. That would be priceless. :thumbsdown:

You asked what should the school do if she brought two girls next year (using the polygamy angle again - surprise, surprise).

:cheers:

My contention was that the ACLU would not get involved in that and that the school could enforce whatever rule they wished, it's just this anti-gay rule that has the ACLU in action.

If you can find me a case where the ACLU has supported a polygamist in a high school prom case or someone who wanted to bring their pig (or other favorite farm animal), I'll be more than happy to listen.

Until you do that, do you think you can find yourself capable and sticking with the topic of a girl that wants to bring her girlfriend to prom? (Seeing the fact that there are cases out there of the ACLU backing someone that wanted to bring their same-sex mate.)

:banana:

So it's your position that it's NOT discrimination unless the ACLU says it is.

Gotcha. :banana:

So, are you saing that the school was right in not allowing two girls to come to the prom together? And , more importantly, are you defending their move to cancel the whole thing and penalize the entire student body?

Lessee...........cancel a dance or spend millions on a BS court case that would likely force budget cuts in the classrooms.

Hmmm......what makes more sense.

Lessee...........cancel a dance or spend millions on a BS court case that would likely force budget cuts in the classrooms.

Hmmm......what makes more sense.

To just let everyone bring their date. All students can go to their prom. Nobody is getting sued.

Not really all that complicated.

HTH

To just let everyone bring their date. All students can go to their prom. Nobody is getting sued.

Not really all that complicated.

HTH

Which would put the ACLU in charge of the rules of a local school.. Good for them for giving the middle finger to the ACLU. :thumbsup:

Which would put the ACLU in charge of the rules of a local school.. Good for them for giving the middle finger to the ACLU. :thumbsup:

Good for them, but not so good for every student in the school.

Huh? Child molesters are thrown in jail. Gays aren't. They don't hurt anyone with their behavior. What's your point?

And I haven't linked anything in this thread. It's just knowledge that I get from reading and thinking.

Just ask yourself this: if gays choose that lifestyle, why the fock would they do it? Especially in Mississippi? Doesn't seem like the most prestigous label, and yet some people are gay? And if it's a choice, why is it just a choice for them? I never chose between guys and girls.....I've always dug the chicks. From what I've heard, gays folks have always liked members of the same sex. So I just assume that their sexual development mirrored my own...they just happened to like dudes instead of girls. Seems pretty logical to me....unless you foster some irrational prejudice. :thumbsup:

And if you do...hey that's cool whatever. Just admit it.

My point, which I can't seem to communicate, is merely that the predisposition to do something is not an "a priori" justification for exhibiting that behavior. I don't hate gheys. I have lots of ghey friends; heck, it seems that 1/4 of the women who do taekwondo have a bit of the ghey. Doesn't matter to me. It does to some people, though. Does that make sense?

At the end of the day it is not a behavior which I believe should be accepted as 100% normal. It isn't. As has been stated, studies link gheyness to key fetal development periods. If so, that implies a spectrum (like autism) vs. a black/white ghey stamp. So should somebody who is in the middle of the spectrum be told it is 100% OK to be ghey?

That being said, what does anger me about this is that kids are being impacted by this agenda. Not the girl in question (I don't know if she is 18), but all of the other kids who are caught in the middle. If some adult wants to drive for reform, go for it.

Good for them, but not so good for every student in the school.

Really? Have you spoken to "every student in the school"? Some may support the decision.

My point, which I can't seem to communicate, is merely that the predisposition to do something is not an "a priori" justification for exhibiting that behavior. I don't hate gheys. I have lots of ghey friends; heck, it seems that 1/4 of the women who do taekwondo have a bit of the ghey. Doesn't matter to me. It does to some people, though. Does that make sense?

At the end of the day it is not a behavior which I believe should be accepted as 100% normal. It isn't. As has been stated, studies link gheyness to key fetal development periods. If so, that implies a spectrum (like autism) vs. a black/white ghey stamp. So should somebody who is in the middle of the spectrum be told it is 100% OK to be ghey?

That being said, what does anger me about this is that kids are being impacted by this agenda. Not the girl in question (I don't know if she is 18), but all of the other kids who are caught in the middle. If some adult wants to drive for reform, go for it.

I like you more and more each day...you sir are a fart smeller smart feller

Really? Have you spoken to "every student in the school"? Some may support the decision.

Yeah, the ugly ones like you who weren't going anyway, maybe. I can't imagine someone who was actually going to the prom being happy that it was swept out from under them.

That being said, what does anger me about this is that kids are being impacted by this agenda.

Thank you. That's been my point all along. The two lesbians wouldn't have caused any problem whatsoever in the end. It should have just been overlooked for the sake of all the poor kids who were going to be going to the prom.

Just curious if you're wording this right. It is 100% okay to be gay. People have the choice to accept others being gay or not. That's the real issue here, not whether or not it's genetic.

And your definition of "normal", especially concerning behavior that is not detrimental or injurious to the person exhibiting it or others around him, may be entirely different than others'.

Thank you. That's been my point all along. The two lesbians wouldn't have caused any problem whatsoever in the end. It should have just been overlooked for the sake of all the poor kids who were going to be going to the prom.

That wasn't my point; actually my point was if anything the opposite. Do you think a bunch of kids from bumfock Mississippi wanted a ghey couple, with one girl in a tux, at their prom? I'm guessing you could find quite a few who objected. Anyway, there is plenty of blame to go around. But I feel sorry for the kids stuck in the middle.

My point, which I can't seem to communicate, is merely that the predisposition to do something is not an "a priori" justification for exhibiting that behavior. I don't hate gheys. I have lots of ghey friends; heck, it seems that 1/4 of the women who do taekwondo have a bit of the ghey. Doesn't matter to me. It does to some people, though. Does that make sense? I follow this....I'm cool with all this....kinda. Your a priori justification is based on a moral distinction. Since that's the way I read it, I cannot agree. I won't impose a moral imperative on what I regard a naturally occuring, absolutely innocuous behavior.

At the end of the day it is not a behavior which I believe should be accepted as 100% normal. It isn't. As has been stated, studies link gheyness to key fetal development periods. If so, that implies a spectrum (like autism) vs. a black/white ghey stamp. So should somebody who is in the middle of the spectrum be told it is 100% OK to be ghey? I alluded to this above...and this is where we're at an impasse. I can distinguish between statistical minority, of which gays belong, and what is considered 'normal'. To those folks in the middle, I don't see why it's so damaging to say it's OK to be gay....the message being, it's ok to be who you are. If you're a pedophile, hey tough break, we're gonna throw your ass in jail. But if you're gay, you can still lead a pretty 'normal', productive life. And both gayness and heterosexuality are linked to key developmental periods....after all, we all started off as girls until receiving the appropriate chemical signal to differentiate.

That being said, what does anger me about this is that kids are being impacted by this agenda. Not the girl in question (I don't know if she is 18), but all of the other kids who are caught in the middle. If some adult wants to drive for reform, go for it. Meh, it sounds like there's been a few individuals offering to hold the prom for the kids at another location. At the end of the day, nobody is going to miss prom. And if anything, I'm disappointed in the way the school handled it. They could have figured something out that would have been better than canceling the damn thing. Doing that has an air of....we're taking our ball and going home....not exactly the kind of behavior you want exhibited from supposed leaders of the community.

That wasn't my point; actually my point was if anything the opposite. Do you think a bunch of kids from bumfock Mississippi wanted a ghey couple, with one girl in a tux, at their prom? I'm guessing you could find quite a few who objected. Anyway, there is plenty of blame to go around. But I feel sorry for the kids stuck in the middle.

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of redneck, hillbilly school kids probably couldn't have cared less that there was a lesbian couple there. At the same time, I'd be willing to bet that there probably were a a percentage of students who absolutely did NOT want the gays there.

But my biggest bet would be that none of those who wanted to go to their prom are happier that it's cancelled altogether than to have had to share a room with one lesbian couple. Think about it.

Just curious if you're wording this right. It is 100% okay to be gay. People have the choice to accept others being gay or not. That's the real issue here, not whether or not it's genetic.

And your definition of "normal", especially concerning behavior that is not detrimental or injurious to the person exhibiting it or others around him, may be entirely different than others'.

Let me try to explain my point, and I presume my "spectrum" theory is correct. Say there is a test which conclusively proves your gheyness; 100 is Adam Lambert and 0 is Chuck Norris. Your child takes the test and says "Dad, I got exactly 50 on the test. I think I'll flip a coin and decide whether to go ghey or not." Would you encourage this, or would you say "ya know, since you are in the middle, I suggest you pursue the hetero option." This is not to say they may or may not eventually find a same-sex soulmate, but rather which should they pursue. IMO to say it is "100% OK to be ghey" is to endorse the coin flip.

If instead you, like me, and I would guess most people, would encourage a hetero pursuit, that brings a corollary question: Say they scored 51, and said "hey, I'm more ghey than straight, that's how I'm going." Would you point out that it is practically even? And spare me the "do whatever your heart tells you" bullshiot; parenting ain't easy, sometimes we have to nut up and actually provide guidance.

And if 51 isn't high enough, that brings yet another question of how high of a score is enough? 52 is pretty close too. Where do you draw the line?

Let me try to explain my point, and I presume my "spectrum" theory is correct. Say there is a test which conclusively proves your gheyness; 100 is Adam Lambert and 0 is Chuck Norris. Your child takes the test and says "Dad, I got exactly 50 on the test. I think I'll flip a coin and decide whether to go ghey or not." Would you encourage this, or would you say "ya know, since you are in the middle, I suggest you pursue the hetero option." This is not to say they may or may not eventually find a same-sex soulmate, but rather which should they pursue. IMO to say it is "100% OK to be ghey" is to endorse the coin flip.

If instead you, like me, and I would guess most people, would encourage a hetero pursuit, that brings a corollary question: Say they scored 51, and said "hey, I'm more ghey than straight, that's how I'm going." Would you point out that it is practically even? And spare me the "do whatever your heart tells you" bullshiot; parenting ain't easy, sometimes we have to nut up and actually provide guidance.

And if 51 isn't high enough, that brings yet another question of how high of a score is enough? 52 is pretty close too. Where do you draw the line?

I scored a 82 towards the gay side and still overcame it and married and had a child. It can be done. :thumbsup:

There is so much more to the development of sexuality than where you fall on a spectrum according to a test. You are trying to look at it at it in black and white when it's gray. What about bisexual people? They exist, too.

And I have to say, I'm not encouraging anything. My kids so far have naturally gravitated to what looks like a heterosexual identity, but I've said it here before: If they didn't, I could care less. The only thing that would bother me if either of my kids were gay is that it's a harder life in many respects.

There is so much more to the development of sexuality than where you fall on a spectrum according to a test. You are trying to look at it at it in black and white when it's gray. What about bisexual people? They exist, too.

And I have to say, I'm not encouraging anything. My kids so far have naturally gravitated to what looks like a heterosexual identity, but I've said it here before: If they didn't, I could care less. The only thing that would bother me if either of my kids were gay is that it's a harder life in many respects.

I know it is gray, hence my scale. And I was intentionally creating a fictitious "perfect" test for the purpose of demonstration. The person who scores 50 (or thereabout) would likely experiment with both sides. The question was more about what you, as a parent, would encourage, or at a minimum hope, for their children. If you truly wouldn't care, then you are on the "coin flip" side, and we agree to disagree. :thumbsup:

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of redneck, hillbilly school kids probably couldn't have cared less that there was a lesbian couple there. At the same time, I'd be willing to bet that there probably were a a percentage of students who absolutely did NOT want the gays there.

But my biggest bet would be that none of those who wanted to go to their prom are happier that it's cancelled altogether than to have had to share a room with one lesbian couple. Think about it.

I don't think you know anything about this if that is what you believe. The opposite is much more likely to be true. The majority do care and some probably don't.

I know it is gray, hence my scale. And I was intentionally creating a fictitious "perfect" test for the purpose of demonstration. The person who scores 50 (or thereabout) would likely experiment with both sides. The question was more about what you, as a parent, would encourage, or at a minimum hope, for their children. If you truly wouldn't care, then you are on the "coin flip" side, and we agree to disagree. :thumbsup:

:huh:

:cheers:

Does that mean we agree to disagree?

Does that mean we agree to disagree?

No, it means that I'm at about 53 on the scale and want to buttfock you.

Jerry makes some great points. Actually, so does Frank M. My son is 15 and I think he is leaning toward the hetero side for sure. If he wasn't, I wouldn't love him any less. Would I want him to fight to be able to take his boyfriend to the prom and encourage them to wear a dress? Absolutely not. I would have suggested that they go separately and enjoy themselves once they got there. Which, by the way, is exactly what one of the school officials suggested to this girl. The girl chose to contact the ACLU because she was looking to create a scene. She absolutely could have listened to the school officials suggestion and they both could have gone by themselves or made different arrangements. Is it silly that they have to circumvent the rules a little bit? Yes. Welcome to the real world. Sometimes you just have to accept that not everybody condones certain behavior and move on. The only thing she has been successful in is having the prom cancelled because she contacted the ACLU. I had a neice who insisted she was a lesbian at 16 years old. She had a girlfriend, etc. She's now married to a guy named Bruce with two kids. As long as they are in High School, I believe the school has every right to make the rules and enforce them. Outside of school, she is welcome to date women and dress however she likes.

Dude, WTF are you talking about? You're introducing a lot of hypotheticals here...the gay test...how to respond "appropriately" to the gay test. Goofy.

How 'bout this....if I have a kid who's gay, they'll tell me. Either they'll tell me through their behavior, or they'll just come out and tell me. What's the need for an additional test? For someone who fears the impending Brave New World, some of your ideas sound like they're eerily close to ushering such a period into our history.

Your "spectrum theory" is just the continuum of any trait....height, intelligence, shooting 3-pointers. Anything you want to measure is going to fall on some point on that continuum, and will look like any other normal distribution curve.....with most of us in the middle. It's a numbers thing, not a moral distinction. :dunno:

I scored a 82 towards the gay side and still overcame it and married and had a child. It can be done. :cheers:

Are you a member of Congress?

Dude, WTF are you talking about? You're introducing a lot of hypotheticals here...the gay test...how to respond "appropriately" to the gay test. Goofy.

How 'bout this....if I have a kid who's gay, they'll tell me. Either they'll tell me through their behavior, or they'll just come out and tell me. What's the need for an additional test? For someone who fears the impending Brave New World, some of your ideas sound like they're eerily close to ushering such a period into our history.

Your "spectrum theory" is just the continuum of any trait....height, intelligence, shooting 3-pointers. Anything you want to measure is going to fall on some point on that continuum, and will look like any other normal distribution curve.....with most of us in the middle. It's a numbers thing, not a moral distinction. :cheers:

In the words of the boss in Cool Hand Luke: "What we got here is... failure to communicate." I don't know how else to state my point, so let's just agree to disagree. Like Frank M... I think. :dunno:

The fact that I'm a heterosexual male is one of the foundations of my identity. It's not like I trumpet it every second of my existence.....but I will check out any hot blonde within 100 feet of me. I assume most guys are like this. :lock:

Humans are sexual beings. That doesn't mean we go around raping and womanizing. It means we're attracted to other people and we adjust our behavior to impress them. All of us do this.

So the problem gocolts isn't that sex composes our self-identity. It's the fact that so many of us repress those thoughts instead of dealing with them in a mature, responsible manner that causes so much trouble.

Perfect. Just what I wanted to hear. Since we are all sexual beings, why the need to use that as identity. It's no different than any other human, which was my point. Too many folks are USING their sexual identity to, well, identify themselves. When in fact, it doesn't really say much about you at all, other than you are like nearly every form of life known to man.

In the words of the boss in Cool Hand Luke: "What we got here is... failure to communicate." I don't know how else to state my point, so let's just agree to disagree. Like Frank M... I think. :dunno:

I think Frank M said he wanted to buttfock you. Leave me out of your hairy assed tryst.

I think your view of homosexuality corresponds with my view of pedophilia: I think it's completely natural in so far as there is some sort of biological determinant in helping shape the behavior. But the behavior should be discouraged...it should be punished. Hell, I think if you get caught even attempting to play with a kid, you should be castrated. Those fockers sicken me...and yet, I realize that they probably have urges that originate in much the same way that normal sexual urges develop in other people. It's just that the behavior in question can do some serious harm to the children involved.

With homosexuality, I just don't see anywhere near the same negative repercussions....even though I am physically repulsed by seeing two dudes being affectionate with one another. Can't stand it....makes me sick. Two women don't bother me at all. My wife thinks this makes me prejudiced, but I just think it's a natural reaction. Although seeing two queers hug and kiss makes my skin crawl, I can take a step back and realize they're still good people deserving to pursue their hopes and dreams.

Obviously both sides of the debate are entrenched in their views, which makes these threads kinda pointless. Ain't no way any of us are gonna persuade the other side. So in the end, yeah, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I think Frank M said he wanted to buttfock you. Leave me out of your hairy assed tryst.

I think your view of homosexuality corresponds with my view of pedophilia: I think it's completely natural in so far as there is some sort of biological determinant in helping shape the behavior. But the behavior should be discouraged...it should be punished. Hell, I think if you get caught even attempting to play with a kid, you should be castrated. Those fockers sicken me...and yet, I realize that they probably have urges that originate in much the same way that normal sexual urges develop in other people. It's just that the behavior in question can do some serious harm to the children involved.

With homosexuality, I just don't see anywhere near the same negative repercussions....even though I am physically repulsed by seeing two dudes being affectionate with one another. Can't stand it....makes me sick. Two women don't bother me at all. My wife thinks this makes me prejudiced, but I just think it's a natural reaction. Although seeing two queers hug and kiss makes my skin crawl, I can take a step back and realize they're still good people deserving to pursue their hopes and dreams.

Obviously both sides of the debate are entrenched in their views, which makes these threads kinda pointless. Ain't no way any of us are gonna persuade the other side. So in the end, yeah, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Sigh... there is no "kid who is ghey," that is my point. They are somewhere on the spectrum of gheyness. If they are 82 or higher like Newbie, you should just encourage their behavior. <_<

Funny, we are in opposite places. I personally am not in any way offended by affection of gheys to each other. I've also been hit on by gheys, didn't bother me, as it is better than the alternative which is not being attractive. I'm pretty sure Frank M was just being a smartass, relax. I do like lesbian pron so there is some common ground there. But otherwise, you seem overly defensive of ghey men because of some inner repulsion. I'm having an "American Beauty" moment here. Just saying. :dunno:

I've also been hit on by gheys, didn't bother me, as it is better than the alternative which is not being attractive.

"If you touch me, I kill you"

STRIPES!!

:dunno: <_<