Sign in to follow this  
Joey Gladstone

Seahawks fans

Alright fellas. We have 3 good picks, and alot of holes. At risk of jinxing us. I don't see how we can screw this up.

I would love to see the Hawks trade down with Philly whether it be pick# 6 or #14. Philly, from what I have heard, covets either Berry or Earl Thomas. If you go by the trade pick value chart, the Hawks could give up either of these picks and bring back picks #24, #37, and #70. That would be awesome in terms of helping re-stock the holes left by Ruskell. This, again, would be a dream scenario.

More realistically, I think we are looking at 2 of the following for picks #6 and #14: Eric Berry, Bryan Bulaga, Trent Williams, Russel Okung, and Derrick Morgan.

Long shots but interesting: Jason Pierre-Paul, Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller. Bryant @6 and Spiller @14 would give this offense two much needed playmakers. Pierre-Paul has a ton of upside but also a ton of bust potential as well.

Carrol and Schnieder have shown so far they are not afraid to take risks (Whitehurst). Will they continue to roll the dice or will they play it conservative come draft day?

Schnieder Philosophy:

The main points of his philosophy:

• There’s not really a debate between taking the best player available or drafting according to need. Schneider sees a synthesis of the two.

His draft board is not set up based on how players might be rated around the league. The prospects are rated on how they could serve the Seahawks.

“It’s really fun to say we don’t draft by need, but you end up doing that,” he said. “I think you really try to take the best player based on need.

...But here are some clues. The group of the top three or four offensive tackles are the kind of athletic linemen who definitely would fit into the zone blocking scheme espoused by line coach Alex Gibbs, he said.

The need for rebuilding the lines, especially on offense, is paramount, Schneider stressed.

Would they use a pick that high for a safety? “Yeah, we would strongly consider taking a safety, especially a guy that has a chance to be a Pro Bowl player.”

Other than left tackle, the need to replenish the offensive line might be reasonably met with lower-round picks

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/04/17/1...l#ixzz0lU0iiTo9

Hard to read into this. Best player available based on need probably lends itself to this group: Eric Berry, Bryan Bulaga, Trent Williams, Russel Okung, and Derrick Morgan. I think two of these guys will be Seahawks Thursday night, but I am hoping for a trade down with Philly.

I would love to see the Hawks trade down with Philly whether it be pick# 6 or #14. Philly, from what I have heard, covets either Berry or Earl Thomas. If you go by the trade pick value chart, the Hawks could give up either of these picks and bring back picks #24, #37, and #70. That would be awesome in terms of helping re-stock the holes left by Ruskell. This, again, would be a dream scenario.

More realistically, I think we are looking at 2 of the following for picks #6 and #14: Eric Berry, Bryan Bulaga, Trent Williams, Russel Okung, and Derrick Morgan.

Long shots but interesting: Jason Pierre-Paul, Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller. Bryant @6 and Spiller @14 would give this offense two much needed playmakers. Pierre-Paul has a ton of upside but also a ton of bust potential as well.

Carrol and Schnieder have shown so far they are not afraid to take risks (Whitehurst). Will they continue to roll the dice or will they play it conservative come draft day?

Schnieder Philosophy:

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/04/17/1...l#ixzz0lU0iiTo9

Hard to read into this. Best player available based on need probably lends itself to this group: Eric Berry, Bryan Bulaga, Trent Williams, Russel Okung, and Derrick Morgan. I think two of these guys will be Seahawks Thursday night, but I am hoping for a trade down with Philly.

I'm pretty sure they've said they dont want Bryant. I've been back and forth on the guy, but his talent is hard to pass up. If we ended up with him I wouldnt be upset.

I'm pretty sure they've said they dont want Bryant. I've been back and forth on the guy, but his talent is hard to pass up. If we ended up with him I wouldnt be upset.

What I got from that article it sounds like they go Berry or LT at #6 for sure now...... Pretty much a given with the rankings/our needs anyway.

I'm fine with T. Williams, but I'll be ticked if we pick Buluga at 6.

I'd rather trade down too!!!!!

I do kinda like the trade down option if we landed all those picks in your example as it would give us a great start and a complete rebuild with lots of players.

I don't really want to move from #14 though - Especially if my boy CJ Spiller is sitter there. :)

Depends I guess what we get.

I don't want Dez Bryant - I'll be ticked at that too - Why not get Marshall then?? UGH

I'm coming around on Mays a bit also by the way- Watched some more video of him. Looked better then I thought.

I still think #14 is early for him, but that boy can hit! And allot of it WAS in coverage. He was seperating the ball from the WR on a number of clips. Something I still havn't seen much of on Berry's clips.

Plus Mays does have great size and some speed. Kind of a nasty guy that we really lack.

just saying - coming around is all. Carrol will at least know if he's all that or not.

Draft is getting close. :overhead:

What I got from that article it sounds like they go Berry or LT at #6 for sure now...... Pretty much a given with the rankings/our needs anyway.

I'm fine with T. Williams, but I'll be ticked if we pick Buluga at 6.

I'd rather trade down too!!!!!

I do kinda like the trade down option if we landed all those picks in your example as it would give us a great start and a complete rebuild with lots of players.

I don't really want to move from #14 though - Especially if my boy CJ Spiller is sitter there. :)

Depends I guess what we get.

I don't want Dez Bryant - I'll be ticked at that too - Why not get Marshall then?? UGH

I'm coming around on Mays a bit also by the way- Watched some more video of him. Looked better then I thought.

I still think #14 is early for him, but that boy can hit! And allot of it WAS in coverage. He was seperating the ball from the WR on a number of clips. Something I still havn't seen much of on Berry's clips.

Plus Mays does have great size and some speed. Kind of a nasty guy that we really lack.

just saying - coming around is all. Carrol will at least know if he's all that or not.

Draft is getting close. :overhead:

Whoever made the Mays / Hamlin comparison earlier, I think was right on. I think Mays is a good compliment if you already have a good secondary, and you want to add that final piece, and bring in a hitter. But I don't think you bring in him, and then build around him to start with.

2008 Seattle draft day thread

1 28 (28) Lawrence Jackson DE USC

2 7 (38) John Carlson TE Notre Dame

4 22 (121) Red Bryant DT Texas A&M

5 28 (163) Owen Schmitt FB West Virginia

6 23 (189) Tyler Schmitt LS San Diego State

7 26 (233) Justin Forsett RB California

7 28 (235) Brandon Coutu K Georgia

Seahawks got a 5 and 7th for moving down to 28

What the hell? Is that worth ANYTHING?????????? I'd rather get a coupon to McDonalds for a free Kids Meal than that friggin value. Great. We can draft a long snapper and a 3rd string punter with those picks. If we trade up, we might improve our towel boy depth.

Dear Mr Ruskell:

I know that we have never met. But I hate you. Every year you put me through the wringer. I crunch numbers, put together a cheat sheet, and participate in mock drafts. And every year, you REAAAAAAAAAAAACH for players. Lawrence Jackson was #47 on my draft board. Forty Fockity Seven. I realize that you way want to reach for USC players after your blind luck success for reaching for Tatupu. But if you are going to take a DE, and Philip Merling is still on the board and you don't take him, you are a drooling idiot. You will never recreate USC football at Seattle, and Pete Carroll will never coach for such a stupid GM.

I want you dead. I want your family dead. I want your house burned to the ground. I want to find your grave and salt the the dirt above your coffin so flowers or even weeds will ever grow above you. I want the world to see the bare earth above your stupid rotting corpse, you useless piece of crap. Go stick a plunger up your ass and fall backwards.

We were better off with Keller in the 1st round. Oh, gee, the Jets just took him. I am sharpening my pizza cutter. See you in another life, brother.

Lawrence Jackson has been a monumental bust.

So, Seattle trades up in the 2nd round to pick up the 4th or 5th best TE in the draft as a high 2nd round pick. Swell.

Seattle is now 2 for 2 with reaches in their first two picks. They could have grabbed Lawrence Jackson with their 2nd round pick, and Carlson with their third. Congrats, Seattle. We have given away a first round pick, and didn't even get a Super Bowl win as a result. We are the anti-Patriots.

Why do I care anymore? They just break my heart every year.

Carlson is the starting tight end, but has bloated stats as a result to major WR injuries over the last few years. A lot of people like him, I find him below average.

With Jamaal Charles gone, there are zero RBs left. I'm not sticking around since we won't be picking for a long time. I'll be back to see the next disaster.

Have a nice day everybody. I won't.

The 3 guys I took for Seattle in the Homer mock draft:

Philip Merling

Dustin Keller

Jamaal Charles.

I wish it would have broken this way in real life. :overhead:

Ha. Take that, Ruskell.

I have no issue with Red Bryant. This was a decent value pick, a guy I had going late in the third round.

Red Bryant is 6'5", and 329 lbs, easily the biggest DT of the top ten prospects at the position. Huge body to clog the middle. Probably won't play in passing downs. Certainly, this fits an area of great need.

Unexpectedly, Ruskell didn't completely fock this pick up. Kudos to assface.

Red Bryant doesn't play. He is #45 on a 44 man roster.

5th round, #163

Owen Schmitt, FB

I really like this pick. Easily, the best FB in the draft, a guy that was slotted to go around #100 overall. Loved this guy on West Virginia, can run the ball very well, great blocker. I saw this guy play maybe 2 to 3 dozen times over the last few years. Perfect guy to take over the Mack Strong role for the next 10 years.

Ruskell must have received my various death threats last night and pulled his head out of his ass today. Doesn't make up for yesterday's disaster, but a better effort to salvage this draft. The 4th and 5th round picks have raised this draft to a "D"

Hasn't done much of anything.

Fock. Fockity fockity fock. We spend a 6th round pick on a long-snapper - and, at least according to the Sportsline site, a guy who can't play any other position on the field? Hey, while we're at it, let's use one of the 7th rounders on a new towel boy.

Tyler Schmitt is no longer on the roster.

#233, 7th round

RB Justin Forsett, California

Eh, whatever. Rated around #150 overall, #15 at RB. Worth a look I guess. He is short at 5'8", and ran behind an excellent offensive line, so it's hard to tell if he will be anything other than a special teams player.

Might turn out to be serviceable, but was cut at some point before being brought back.

#235, 7th round

K Brandon Coutu, Georgia

The last two years, he has battled hamstring problems. Personally, I don't believe in wasting picks on punters or kicker, much less hurt ones.

So with our last three picks, we grabbed a long snapper, a special teams player, and a hurt kicker. Yeah, it's not like the War Room stopped trying or something.

This just pisses me off some much. I need to gather my thoughts before I blast this load of crap we drafted this year.

Never made the team.

Mel Kiper graded Seattle's draft a solid B.

Considering the amount of disrespect Seattle gets from all east coast media, including Kiper from past years, Seattle must have had a hell of a draft to get a B grade.

Mel Kiper is 10 lbs of sh!t stuffed into a 5 lb sock.

2009 Seattle draft weekend thread

Round 1, Pick 4 (4) Aaron Curry OLB Wake Forest

Round 2, Pick 17 (49) (From Bears) Max Unger OT Oregon

Round 3, Pick 27 (91) (From Giants through Eagles) Deon Butler WR Penn State

Round 6, Pick 5 (178) Mike Teel QB Rutgers

Round 7, Pick 36 (245) (Compensatory selection) Courtney Greene SS Rutgers

Round 7, Pick 38 (247) (Compensatory selection) Nick Reed DE Oregon

Round 7, Pick 39 (248) (Compensatory selection) Cameron Morrah TE California

YES! WE GOT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT!!!!.

Aaron Curry, I still really like the pick. He is going to be a hybrid DE/LB this year, and is being heavily mentored by Ken Norton Jr. I see big things this year.

The Broncos play the AFC North and NFC East in addition to San Diego twice, at Indy and host New England...potentially a 10 loss season.

The Seahawks get their first round pick next year

A positive moment with a solid trade down.

Wow! I would have been happy just taking Unger at 2.4! So we come out of the 2nd with Unger AND whats more then likely a top 10 pick next year!!!! ANNNNND we took the best player in the draft in the first!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

On the flipside, Denver trades their high pick next year to move up and take a guy that's not even 5'10".......between that and the Cutler fiasco I don't see the McDaniels era going very well. Elway/TD seems like it was 25 years ago.

The draft was off to a good start. Max Unger is by far Seattle's best offensive lineman, playing RG so far early in minicamps this year. Then, the inevitable started happening.

Butler is a piece of sh!t. The guy stinks. I didn't have him in my top 200. We could have signed him as a free agent, for fock's sake. To give up multiple picks to trade into the third round and REAAAAAAAAAAAACH for this guy with the speed of turtle with one leg, elusiveness of a tackling dummy, and the hands of Johnny Deep in that scissors movie is inexcusable.

Ruskell. Idiot. :thumbsup: :mad:

I still don't see what Butler brings to the table other than roster depth. He doesn't stand out in any one area. I guess he could be a 4th or 5th WR. Thank God Deion Branch is looking damn good so far this year. Finally healthy.

So, we wait around until the 6th round for our next pick, Mike Teel QB, from Rutgers.

If any of your folks visit the gambling threads, I ripped Teel on a regular basis for years. He is one of the worst college QBs I've come across. Sure, he has a little bit of skill. But he is a dummy. He stinks in completing even the simplest of passes.l Think David Green but 3 time worse. I can't begin to express my disgust with this pick. I didn't have him in my top 300.

I can't begin to express my digust in this pick, another guy I didn't expect to get drafted.

Ruskell, Day One Grade: A

Ruskell, Day Two Grade: F-

Guaranteed he will be cut this year. I read over and over how the guy sucked in practice all year long. He. Can't. Play.

7th round

Courtney Greene, FS, Rutgers - pretty decent value pick. No complaints.

Nick Reed, DE, Oregon - didn't make my top 330 player list. No clue who this is.

Cameron Morrah, TE, California - Meh. He was in my top 200. Bleech.

I was abslutely sick to my stomach seeing all those decent QB prospects still on the board in the 7th when we were picking, but we grabbed that flaming pile of suck in Teel the round before. Teel had no business being drafted. None.

Butler and Teel brought down the overall draft. Fantastic 1st day, extremely clumsy 2nd day. I'm too disappointed to give an overall grade.

Focking Teel. :mad:

Courtney Green, not on team. Nick Reed, deep reserve. Cameron Morrah, deep reserve.

Free agent signing

The Seattle Seahawks have signed veteran guard Ben Hamilton, the team announced this afternoon.

Hamilton spent his entire nine-year career in Denver after being drafted in the fourth-round (113th overall) of the 2001 NFL Draft out of the University of Minnesota. After being inactive for his entire rookie season, Hamilton started 80 consecutive games from 2002-06, missing the 2007 season due to concussion symptoms, but returned in 2008 to start all 16 games for the sixth time in his career. Last season, he played in 15 games with eight starts. He has started 104 of 111 career games.

Say hello to our new starting Left Guard. An Alex Gibbs pupil.

You've made valid arguments about Marshall's skillset and age being worth the escalated cost, but when you start suggesting the next failed ND QB with the 6th pick (and the corresponding salary that entails RIGHT before a rookie salary cap gets implemented) you totally lose me. Waiting until 2011 to bring in a QB isn't an option either, its time to test somebody out this year. I keep hearing that not getting Marshall has crippled the amount of time it will take to rebuild, but doesn't the same hold true by not doing anything at the position, using a high pick on a bust, or bringing in some sh!tty stopgap like Derek Anderson?

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting the Hawks take Claussen. In fact, I am very down on Claussen. I was just offering up potential scenarios to show why the Hawks could have landed Marshall and still filled a bunch of important holes. The actual guys they draft didn't really matter to my scenarios.

Could draft LT at 6, Earl Thomas at 14 and a QB next year. Same concept.

I love how some Jet fan knows exactly what the Seahawks should have done, knows exactly what the Broncos would have taken from the Hawks for Marshall, calls John Morgan over at Field Gulls some "random fan with a blog" yet only provides his opinions to trash and bash the Hawks and their offseason moves. And when Hawk fans, with informed opinions, disagree with his OPINION he tells us we're wrong and just trying to "justify" what the Hawks did. The Hawks aren't going to win next year; the Hawks are not going to win two years from now. This team needs resources to bring in cornerstone peices so they can get back to major contention three years from now. The cupboard is bare in Seattle. I'm sorry but WRs are not cornerstone peices, especially WRs one strike away from a permanent ban. Yes Marshall is a proven talent but he is most certainly a better fit for the Dolphins because they are ready to move to the next level this year. The Hawks made the right move whether you think so or not.

Relax man. My intent is not to blindly trash the Hawks but I think you are getting defensive because you know all of my points are valid.

Ofcourse I dont know exactly what the Broncos would have taken from the Hawks but common sense tells me without the Whitehurst trade, the Hawks have more attractive 2nd rounders than Miami. Maybe the Broncos just hate the Hawks so badly they would have said fock off ;)

again. 2 second rounders instead of Brandon Marshall does not give you that much more ammo to fill the bare cupboard. And I would normally agree with you that a WR is not a cornerstone but the very top WR's certainly can be. Someone like Marvin Harrison was extremely important to the development of Peyton Manning. Same with Chad and Carson. Look what Randy did for Daunte. Roddy White for Matt Ryan. Stafford must love having Calvin Johnson. Whoever the Hawks tab as the QB of the future could really benefit from a talent like Marshall for the next several years.

This year's schedule.

Sept.12 - San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

Sept.19 - Seattle Seahawks at Denver Broncos

Sept.26 - San Diego Chargers at Seattle Seahawks

Oct.3 - Seattle Seahawks at St.Louis Rams

Oct.10 - BYE -

Oct.17 - Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears

Oct.24 - Arizona Cardinals at Seattle Seahawks

Oct.31 - Seattle Seahawks at Oakland Raiders

Nov.7 - New York Giants at Seattle Seahawks

Nov.14 - Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals

Nov.21 - Seattle Seahawks at New Orleans Saints

Nov.28 - Kansas City Chiefs at Seattle Seahawks

Dec.5 - Carolina Panthers at Seattle Seahawks

Dec.12 - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

Dec.19 - Atlanta Falcons at Seattle Seahawks

Dec.26 - Seattle Seahawks at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Jan.2 - St.Louis Rams at Seattle Seahawks

End of story, now move on...

haha don't be such a baby

This year's schedule.

Oct.10 - BYE -

Not bad, with a little luck 8-8!

This year's schedule.

Oct.10 - BYE -

I know you can never judge a schedule in the offseason, but other then the defending champs, I see a bunch of cupcakes. If we connect on a few homeruns we could finish with a very competitive record.

I know you can never judge a schedule in the offseason, but other then the defending champs, I see a bunch of cupcakes. If we connect on a few homeruns we could finish with a very competitive record.

Ya, if only we had Marshall. :banana:

Is so, then we could have rebounded very quick - I agree.

I'm thinking WE are the cupcakes my fellow Hawksters.

I'm not sure what a LT and Safety are going to do for us that will make us so much better? :dunno: ?

Ya, if only we had Marshall. :wave:

Is so, then we could have rebounded very quick - I agree.

I'm thinking WE are the cupcakes my fellow Hawksters.

I'm not sure what a LT and Safety are going to do for us that will make us so much better? :wave: ?

:doh:

part of me really wants to see the Seahawks take Claussen at 6 and Mays at 14 :doublethumbsup:

part of me really wants to see the Seahawks take Claussen at 6 and Mays at 14 :doublethumbsup:

Part of me wants to see Rex Ryan drop dead with a cheese steak in his mouth. Now that would be funny!

Part of me wants to see Rex Ryan drop dead with a cheese steak in his mouth. Now that would be funny!

which do you think is more likely? might be pretty close

which do you think is more likely? might be pretty close

Who cares? It's draft day. Go discuss your Jets instead of hatring on Carroll and the Hawks. ITSATIP :doublethumbsup:

Who cares? It's draft day. Go discuss your Jets instead of hatring on Carroll and the Hawks. ITSATIP :doublethumbsup:

not hating on them, just getitng under your skin because you are mostly incapable of having a rational debate or discussion without getting pissy :lol:

not hating on them, just getitng under your skin because you are mostly incapable of having a rational debate or discussion without getting pissy :wave:

I only get pissy with morons who think their opinions of a team they don't follow on a regular basis are of more value than real fans of that team. This is my last response to you. Go discuss the Jets with the other Jet fan on this site. TIA

:wave:

The SCARY thing is this could actually happen. Carroll has known both since they were 13 & 8 years old.

What's more funny - I'd feel better about our QB situation of the future, then I do today. And Mays can flat out hit people to knock them out.

Just saying. ;)

This might be interesting to you guy's if you havn't seen it:

Posted by Evan Silva on April 21, 2010 10:31 AM ET

Each NFL team is allowed 30 pre-draft visitors to the team's facility, and an unlimited number of "local" visitors and private workouts. We thought it would be interesting to compile as much information on these visits as possible. We'll check after the draft to see what teams chose primarily off their visit list.

This is not intended to be a complete list.

* = Confirmed "local" visitor

** = Believed to be private workout only

Seattle Seahawks

Will Barker, offensive tackle, Virginia.

Duke Calhoun, wide receiver, Memphis.

Chris Campbell, offensive lineman, Eastern Illinois.

**Jimmy Clausen, quarterback, Notre Dame

Jonathan Crompton, quarterback, Tennessee.

Jonathan Dwyer, running back, Georgia Tech.

Robert Johnson, safety, Utah.

Sergio Kindle, defensive end, Texas.

Sean Lissemore, defensive tackle, William & Mary.

Chris McCoy, defensive end, Middle Tennessee State.

Derrick Morgan, defensive end, Georgia Tech.

Jerome Murphy, cornerback, South Florida.

Russell Okung, offensive tackle, Oklahoma State.

**Tony Pike, quarterback, Cincinnati.

Fendi Onobun, tight end, Houston.

Antonio Robinson, wide receiver, Nicholls State.

Mickey Shuler, tight end, Penn State.

**John Skelton, quarterback, Fordham.

Juamorris Stewart, wide receiver, Southern.

**Tim Tebow, quarterback, Florida.

Vuna Tuihalamaka, linebacker, Arizona

Hawkfin - I'm gonna copy this the our draft room. It is something to keep in mind.

:thumbsup:

I'm also a little sad about losing out on Marshall...*sigh*...

Should the Hawks make a play for Lendale White? Reunite him with Carroll...maybe one of our 4th round picks? White was very productive but kinda' got lost under Chris Johnson's monster season.

Also, why does every Hawk fan hate Taylor Mays so much? Was his play this past season that bad (I didn't watch...). There was so much praise for him the previous year...

BUMP!!!

I had heard ahead of time that Peter King was going to be hanging in the Seattle war room, based on their high 1st round picks. He wrote a decent article of some of the inner sanctum going ons during the draft.

LInk to article

It's been a while since I felt this good about a draft and/or offseason. I really think the moves over the last week helped slice time off the rebuilding process, and given a healthy year, why can't Seattle be competitive this year?

It's been a while since I felt this good about a draft and/or offseason. I really think the moves over the last week helped slice time off the rebuilding process, and given a healthy year, why can't Seattle be competitive this year?

Ok, that's complete BS...you're in the "blowing sunshine up Seattle asses" exciting time threads as much as your mental midget buddy Flahooker.

That being said, and as much as it pains me to say this, Seattle had a great offseason and draft. I think they have every bit as much chance to win the division as Arizona and San Fran. I had no faith in Pete Carroll, but he's off to a stellar start.

Ok, that's complete BS...you're in the "blowing sunshine up Seattle asses" exciting time threads as much as your mental midget buddy Flahooker.

Doosh. Enjoy your rapist of a QB. :angry:

I had no faith in Pete Carroll, but he's off to a stellar start.

i think the knock on Carroll is still his ability to handle players at the NFL level, especially when things are not going well.

but seattle made the smart draft picks. Okung, Thomas and Tate alone were all good values and helped fill needs. Bringing in Lendale gets a thumbs up as well.

Doosh. Enjoy your rapist of a QB. :angry:

Has anybody seen the "Behind the Lines" Report on Rapistberger today? What a focking piece of sh!t. Im not so much talking about What Najeh or Logan said, but businesses around the area saying what an egotisical doosh he is.

Not only does he like to force his cack into women, but he also cops a superstar attitude. Fat focker should be thanking Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, James Harrison and Willie Parker for every bit of fame he has. Pure trash. :dunno:

i think the knock on Carroll is still his ability to handle players at the NFL level, especially when things are not going well.

but seattle made the smart draft picks. Okung, Thomas and Tate alone were all good values and helped fill needs. Bringing in Lendale gets a thumbs up as well.

Carroll and Scheider did a great job draft weekend, but there is a lot of work to be done in order to translate the talent we aquired into wins. I'd love to say we drafted/traded ourselves into the playoffs in 2010 but we will be relying on at least three rookies to start and come through for us. Factor in our QB situation and we are far from there yet, even in the worst division in the league.

I don't know how I feel about Carroll as a coach. He has proven to be a fine defensive coordinator. I also love the staff he assembled: Bates at OC, Alex Gibbs as line coach, and Ken Norton Jr. coaching linebackers (the strength of the team). I think he has the people in place to be successful, but it could take several years.

Having two 1st round picks, I knew we'd come away with some talent, I just didn't think it would be this much. :ninja:

Has anybody seen the "Behind the Lines" Report on Rapistberger today? What a focking piece of sh!t. Im not so much talking about What Najeh or Logan said, but businesses around the area saying what an egotisical doosh he is.

Not only does he like to force his cack into women, but he also cops a superstar attitude. Fat focker should be thanking Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, James Harrison and Willie Parker for every bit of fame he has. Pure trash. :ninja:

Unfortunately, I'm forced to agree with you. Something has changed in the kid and that good family and good upbringing has flat out disappeared. He's only 28 and has time to clear up the image some, but he's forever tarnished how people view him. Fock, even that d-bag Kobe Bryant only put himself in this position 1 time...

It might be an exciting time to be a Seahawks fan and I like the draft you guys had but there's just one thing. For all you guys have done you'll still be looking up at the 49ers as division champs. Sorry.

It might be an exciting time to be a Seahawks fan and I like the draft you guys had but there's just one thing. For all you guys have done you'll still be looking up at the 49ers as division champs. Sorry.

Alex Smith. Nuff said :)

Apr

26th

Seattle Seahawks Linked To Recently Released Adalius Thomas

AUTHOR: Andrew Auger | IN: Seahawks | COMMENTS: None Yet

Here’s a rumor that might have some legs.

Recently cut Patriots free agent bust Adalius Thomas has been linked to the Seahawks, along with about 5-6 other teams, according to ESPN, (it’s Insider, but still a credible source).

At first glance, this didn’t make sense to me, seeing as Thomas is a linebacker, but with a 270 pound frame, he could be a fit at defensive end. Darryl Tapp, the guy he would be replacing, also was 270.

Apparently, according to the report, we were trying to get a hold of him in a trade during the draft, he had a very lucrative contract, so that was the major roadblock there.

If they had interest then, they will certainly have interest now that he is a free agent who could be had at a much cheaper price tag.

Pete Carroll said after the draft he wished he could’ve gotten a pass rushing option earlier in the draft, methinks he is going to pluck one off the market before training camp.

Thomas joins a decent market of veteran pass rushers and defensive ends including Leonard Little, Dewayne White, Greg Ellis, and Adewale Ogunleye; it’s safe to say all these guys are past their prime.

Fourth rounder EJ Wilson has some potential, but overall, our defensive ends and edge rushers still need to be upgraded, and if Carroll desires an upgrade like he has openly stated, we are likely to see a free agent plugged in there fairly soon.

Don’t be surprised if it’s Thomas.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b3T9b