Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Check in if you could you give a sh1t about the NBA finals?

:rolleyes:

I am sure to see much less flopping watching that World Cup than the NBA finals.

Eh, not really. Bout the only thing that could make this series interesting (to me) would be if Boston were to challenge and possibly upset LA. Other than that it's like watching the Yankess win a World Series. I mean seriously - a team with Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Artest, Bynum and co. are favored to win the title? Shocking......

Na, when the games are on I'll prolly pop in a cd and watch one of Tiger's old majors. You know when he was kicking ass, before he got caught. ;)

They are still playing basketball? I refuse to watch ESPN during baseball season, so it might get by me ;)

If the NBA finals goes 7 games, game 7 will be June 17th.

2 full weeks to play 7 games? ;)

;)

I watch a little bit of it if LeBron is playing. Otherwise, it's crap. Basketball is retarded.

I guess it's a neat matchup.

The 2008 champ vs the 2009 Champ.....and the fact that the Celtics beat the Lakers in 2008 gives them the appearance of having a real shot in the matchup.

But no, I don't really care. The most fun part of NBA playoff basketball right now is identifying what the crooked refs will do to affect games.

I guess it's a neat matchup.

The 2008 champ vs the 2009 Champ.....and the fact that the Celtics beat the Lakers in 2008 gives them the appearance of having a real shot in the matchup.

But no, I don't really care. The most fun part of NBA playoff basketball right now is identifying what the crooked refs will do to affect games.

;)

Go Kobe...

not talking about a hotel room in Colorado you sicko

I'll be watching. I don't treally like Kobe as a person but I love watching him play. Just a great great talent. Curious to see if the Boston front line can handle the LA front line.

The LA frontline has improved since they last met in the finals but that could be offset with the improvement of Rondo in the backcourt.

No one can really defend Kobe but the best way to limit his offense is to make him work hard on defense. Pierce and Allen can do that.

These are two well coached talented teams going to war. I'll definitely watch it.

I'll be watching. I don't treally like Kobe as a person but I love watching him play. Just a great great talent. Curious to see if the Boston front line can handle the LA front line.

The LA frontline has improved since they last met in the finals but that could be offset with the improvement of Rondo in the backcourt.

No one can really defend Kobe but the best way to limit his offense is to make him work hard on defense. Pierce and Allen can do that.

These are two well coached talented teams going to war. I'll definitely watch it.

You don't beat the lakers by keeping kobe in check, you beat them by keeping everyone else in check. Same way the smelts beat Cleveland.

You don't beat the lakers by keeping kobe in check, you beat them by keeping everyone else in check. Same way the smelts beat Cleveland.

I think its important to try and tire Kobe out a bit so he is not so fresh at the end of games. Otherwise he will take over the games at the end. I'm not so afraid of Kobe getting his 35 points, as him being so fresh at the end of the game that he simply takes over. LeBron is no where near as scary at the end of games as Kobe is.

The Celtics held bryant to a 24 point average and 40% from the field the last time they met in the finals. A lot of that had to do with how hard he had to work.

If this rivalry was "nostalgic" and "retro" two years ago, it's "nasty" and "revengeful" this time around. The Lakers are no longer answering questions about games that took place over 20 years ago between players who have long since retired. They have to once again answer questions about being "soft," a label they earned after getting pushed around by the Celtics two years ago; they have to answer questions about being able to match Boston's intensity after blowing a 24-point second-half lead in Game 4 and getting blown out by 39 points in Boston's Game 6 clincher. Worse yet, if they lose, they'll have to answer questions about "stealing" last year's championship while the wounded Celtics played without Kevin Garnett and were eliminated before the Finals.

Make no mistake about it; this series will shape how history views both these teams. If the Lakers win, they will prove they were not only the best team the last two years but further support their belief they would have won in 2008 if they were fully healthy. If the Celtics win, they will put to rest the notion the Lakers would have beaten them with Andrew Bynum two years ago and make the case they were the best team last year and would have won the championship if Garnett had not gone down.

That's the beauty of this series. It's no longer simply a rivalry with five decades worth of stories; it's now become the best current rivalry in sports. This is no longer about past and present players reminiscing about old games; it's about current players creating their own place in history against players they truly don't like and have thought of as enemies for two years.

If playing against the Celtics were like any other game, Bryant wouldn't have mockingly hummed Boston's unofficial anthem, "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys, over and over again as he came out of the shower after hitting the game-winning shot to beat the Celtics earlier this season. If playing the Celtics were like any other game, Sasha Vujacic wouldn't have erased every article of green clothing he had in his closet after losing to Boston two years ago, and Phil Jackson wouldn't have told Paul Pierce last offseason, "Get it back, we want to meet you in the Finals," when the coach saw Pierce in L.A.

Obviously, this isn't just any series. It's the Lakers and the Celtics, and this current group is beginning to garner as much history and dislike for one another as the 1980s squads that played each other in three Finals. That's what happens when you begin to form a familiarity with your enemy. It's why we loved the NBA back then.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...tory?id=5237869

The NBA season ended for me after game 1, when the Knicks were officially eliminated from playoff contention. ;)

Has an NBA team ever beat the #1 seed and the #2 seed from their own conference and then beat the #1 seed from the other conference to win the title?

Eh, not really. Bout the only thing that could make this series interesting (to me) would be if Boston were to challenge and possibly upset LA. Other than that it's like watching the Yankess win a World Series. I mean seriously - a team with Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Artest, Bynum and co. are favored to win the title? Shocking......

Na, when the games are on I'll prolly pop in a cd and watch one of Tiger's old majors. You know when he was kicking ass, before he got caught. ;)

so you think its boring because Lakers = Yankees and are favored to win with all that talent but you would rather watch Tiger Woods back when he was favored to win every major??

golf was not exciting when Tiger was laping the field, unless you wanted to suck Tiger's cack. Then it was probably exciting to watch.

They are still playing basketball? I refuse to watch ESPN during baseball season, so it might get by me :lol:

i enjoy both sports but baseball is such a long regular season and any single game is so boring to watch unless you are there in person.

If the NBA finals goes 7 games, game 7 will be June 17th.

2 full weeks to play 7 games? :argue:

this is my main complaint. why is the break from the end of the conference finals and the start of the nba finals 5 days?

however, 2 weeks sounds about right. 1 day break between 7 games. thats going to be about 2 weeks

I'm lookin forward to the finals. I'm surprised there are so few fans on this board. Basketball is probably my overall favorite sport (to play, watch, etc.). I'm rooting for the lakers. I hate boston. Not just the celtics. Boston. Sam adams. Patriots.

I wouldn't be surprised if the celtics pull it out but i'm gonna go with the lakers in 6.

Has an NBA team ever beat the #1 seed and the #2 seed from their own conference and then beat the #1 seed from the other conference to win the title?

Portland did in 1977. There may have been others.

ETA - Houston in 1995

this is my main complaint. why is the break from the end of the conference finals and the start of the nba finals 5 days?

Because games 7 would have probably been Sunday and Monday and then with the two days off after the last potential game, it is to start on Thursday...

however, 2 weeks sounds about right. 1 day break between 7 games. thats going to be about 2 weeks

It is all about TV... A game on Sunday night will attract many more viewers than Saturday night... That is why game 1 is on Thursday and game 2 is on Sunday (instead of Saturday)... Same thing with games 4 and 5 in Boston...

Because games 7 would have probably been Sunday and Monday and then with the two days off after the last potential game, it is to start on Thursday...

yeah but you would think they are capable of shifting things around once both series are over and neither went 7 games.

the conference finals ended friday and saturday. Lets start the NBA finals on tuesday or wednesday.

It is all about TV... A game on Sunday night will attract many more viewers than Saturday night... That is why game 1 is on Thursday and game 2 is on Sunday (instead of Saturday)... Same thing with games 4 and 5 in Boston...

because i swear they cant have game 1 wednesday, game 2 friday (another good night for a game) and game 3 sunday.

or game 1 tuesday game 2 thursday and game 3 sunday

so you think its boring because Lakers = Yankees and are favored to win with all that talent but you would rather watch Tiger Woods back when he was favored to win every major??

golf was not exciting when Tiger was laping the field, unless you wanted to suck Tiger's cack. Then it was probably exciting to watch.

i enjoy both sports but baseball is such a long regular season and any single game is so boring to watch unless you are there in person.

Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday

1 day off, 2 days off, 1 day off, 2 days off, 1 day off.

so they get 1 day off and they will have to fly from Boston to LA for a game 7? NBA is focking retarded.

Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday

1 day off, 2 days off, 1 day off, 2 days off, 1 day off.

so they get 1 day off and they will have to fly from Boston to LA for a game 7? NBA is focking retarded.

Nope...

NBA Finals goes 2-3-2...

yeah but you would think they are capable of shifting things around once both series are over and neither went 7 games.

the conference finals ended friday and saturday. Lets start the NBA finals on tuesday or wednesday.

One would think, but what if you bought tickets to game 1 on a Thursday and then they moved it because the other series finished up early and you couldn't attend the game...

I'm lookin forward to the finals. I'm surprised there are so few fans on this board. Basketball is probably my overall favorite sport (to play, watch, etc.). I'm rooting for the lakers. I hate boston. Not just the celtics. Boston. Sam adams. Patriots.

I wouldn't be surprised if the celtics pull it out but i'm gonna go with the lakers in 6.

:sleep: These are two of the most storied franchises in pro sports going head to head. I think the only better match-up, at least a more popular one, would've been Cavs vs. Lakers just for the Kobe vs. Bron hype.

Edjr, you are from BOSTON and aren't into it? I think i recall you being pretty into it when they won it 2 years ago.

Also, the Pistons beat the #1 and #2 seed in their conference in 04', and beat the Lakers who were the #2, but the #1 were the T'Wolves so the Lakers were basically the #1 seed. Man, i really, really miss those days, of even making conference finals and losing to inferior teams :dunno:

Yeah, basketball and football are the most entertaining sports by FAR. Baseball is cool, but for the most part it's a snooze-fest.

Edjr, you are from BOSTON and aren't into it? I think i recall you being pretty into it when they won it 2 years ago.

He will be into it if the Celtics win...

:sleep: These are two of the most storied franchises in pro sports going head to head. I think the only better match-up, at least a more popular one, would've been Cavs vs. Lakers just for the Kobe vs. Bron hype.

Also, the Pistons beat the #1 and #2 seed in their conference in 04', and beat the Lakers who were the #2, but the #1 were the T'Wolves so the Lakers were basically the #1 seed. Man, i really, really miss those days, of even making conference finals and losing to inferior teams :dunno:

Yeah, basketball and football are the most entertaining sports by FAR. Baseball is cool, but for the most part it's a snooze-fest.

Sure I cared, but I didn't watch all that much.

Games start too late and I focking hate basketball.

Basketball is as entertaining as flies focking.

NFL > NHL > MLB > Soccer > NBA

Nope...

NBA Finals goes 2-3-2...

they change the rules for the finals?

that is the mark of a sh1t league right there.

Might be one team from LA and one from boston in the finals? make it 2-3-2 for every series, like they used to before.

Also, i completely agree the first round of the NBA playoffs is just stupid. They really need to shave that back down to 5 games, way too long.

However, the other rounds are good. I think the conference finals and finals go every other day. I don't really get how you can go faster than that, it's not like baseball were you can play every day, basketball takes a ton of physicality and playing a 48 minute game every day is impossible.

One would think, but what if you bought tickets to game 1 on a Thursday and then they moved it because the other series finished up early and you couldn't attend the game...

people buy tickets to games 5 6 and 7 of a series under the "if necessary" assumption. and season ticket holders who opt in to playoff tickets, do so knowing they may end up with tickets to games they can't attend if their team makes it that far. Its usually no problem finding someone willing to buy them.

they change the rules for the finals?

that is the mark of a sh1t league right there.

Might be one team from LA and one from boston in the finals? make it 2-3-2 for every series, like they used to before.

It started back in the day. Conference rounds aren't as bad since you're usually somewhat near. If i'm mistaken, i think it was al the boston/la finals that got the rule changed. Big difference between traveling from boston to new york between games and boston and la. Well, there use to be. Now teams have chartered flights, 5 star hotels, etc. There has been some noise about changing it to 2-2-1-1-1.

It started back in the day. Conference rounds aren't as bad since you're usually somewhat near. If i'm mistaken, i think it was al the boston/la finals that got the rule changed. Big difference between traveling from boston to new york between games and boston and la. Well, there use to be. Now teams have chartered flights, 5 star hotels, etc. There has been some noise about changing it to 2-2-1-1-1.

it's completely retarded that one series is 2-2-1-1-1 and another series is 2-3-2

is Bud Selig the commissioner? :headbanger:

Um, yes - correct.

Watching this player challenge some of the most famed courses in major championship history all the while in chase of Jack's record - damn straight it was. Watching him break and set new records in majors history was extremely exciting. What he did at Pebble during the 2000 U.S. Open was mind boggling - just unspeakable.

it's completely retarded that one series is 2-2-1-1-1 and another series is 2-3-2

is Bud Selig the commissioner? :headbanger:

Every league has a few random quirks. DH/PH. Now in the NFL overtime rules are different in the regular season and post season. I'm sure there are more but those are the first two that pop into my head.

Celts in finals 17 for 20

Lakers in finals 15 for 30....

Celts in 5.