Sign in to follow this  
uwilose123

Draft-Shakes 2010 Comeback Player of the Year

QBs:

Jay Cutler

Eli Manning (maybe just an improvement, not a Comeback)

RBs:

Brandon Jacobs

Steve Slaton

WRs:

Greg Jennings (good call)

Santana Moss (was he ever good?)

Eli had 4021yds 27 tds and 14 ints last year, cant have him on a comeback list, the guy was a stud! To even improve these stats will be a tall order.

Santana moss was good in a number of years he played and was the third best ff wr in his first year with the skins. He is def a good candidate for bounceback.

My comeback kids for 2010 include:

Run DMC - everyone is taking M Bush but I can really see O Town challenging the AFC West this year and dmac coming into his own. Projection - 200 carries, 1020 yards, 8 td's.

Dwayne Bowe - again staying with the AFC West. New OC - C Weis and I think d bowe is going to live up to his potential this year. Projection 80 rec's, 995 yds, 8 td's.

matt forte

went through his sophmore slump and now taylor gives him some competition and he rebounds

matt forte

went through his sophmore slump and now taylor gives him some competition and he rebounds

Yep, if it werent for the offense killer martz (yes I remember the rams, get over it they had hall of famers all over the place.) Id be more excited but also forte can catch so fits the faulk mold at least serviceably.

FWP

Larry "Grand Ma Ma" Johnson and Clinton "The Tortoise" Portis fade deeper into the twilight.

Eli had 4021yds 27 tds and 14 ints last year, cant have him on a comeback list, the guy was a stud! To even improve these stats will be a tall order.

Santana moss was good in a number of years he played and was the third best ff wr in his first year with the skins. He is def a good candidate for bounceback.

I mentioned it wouldn't really be considered a comeback for Eli...but as I remember correctly (?), he started off great, and faded a little down the stretch.

With the development of Manningham, Nicks, and Steve Smith...I think he has an outside shot at 4,300 yards, 33 TD's.

I was inquiring about who draftsharks had selected and disguised the title? Anyone have the article?

I knew what you were getting at but it may have been a bit subtle for some others. No, I don't have the article. It is members only I'm sure so it isn't appropriate to publish the contents here.

I mentioned it wouldn't really be considered a comeback for Eli...but as I remember correctly (?), he started off great, and faded a little down the stretch.

With the development of Manningham, Nicks, and Steve Smith...I think he has an outside shot at 4,300 yards, 33 TD's.

I agree...I don't think it's a tall order at all for Eli to improve his numbers....Another year with that great young wr core...brandon jacobs will almost certainly get injured, which means more time for Bradshaw who is fantastic in the pass game. Offensive line will still be good, and Eli should be somewhat healthier...I think Eli stays around the same if not improves some.

QBs:

Jay Cutler

Eli Manning (maybe just an improvement, not a Comeback)

RBs:

Brandon Jacobs

Steve Slaton

WRs:

Greg Jennings (good call)

Santana Moss (was he ever good?)

I like this list outside of Slaton. He already reminds me of the other dude who played for the Texans, did well one year, then felt the need to change his name, and never amounted to squat. I feel Foster and Tate have this covered. I would like to throw in a true warrior that has suprised us before. Ronnie Brown might comeback and do it again. Might not be in the same vein as these other comebacks , but what a comeback it would be.

He already reminds me of the other dude who played for the Texans, did well one year, then felt the need to change his name, and never amounted to squat.

Dominick Davis =====> Dominick Williams

Run DMC

the word comeback typically implies that you were once something.

FWP

Larry "Grand Ma Ma" Johnson and Clinton "The Tortoise" Portis fade deeper into the twilight.

its actually NSFWP as in "not so fast willie parker". im not sure he even makes the skins roster.

the word comeback typically implies that you were once something.

its actually NSFWP as in "not so fast willie parker". im not sure he even makes the skins roster.

I prefer SAWP - slow a$$ willie parker

My comeback kids for 2010 include:

Run DMC - everyone is taking M Bush but I can really see O Town challenging the AFC West this year and dmac coming into his own. Projection - 200 carries, 1020 yards, 8 td's.

Dwayne Bowe - again staying with the AFC West. New OC - C Weis and I think d bowe is going to live up to his potential this year. Projection 80 rec's, 995 yds, 8 td's.

I'm not too high on RunDMC this year because Cable likes to use zone blocking and that hasn't panned out for Mcfadden.

I have a man crush on Dwayne Bowe this year however and will be targeting him in every league as my wr2.

Check these stats for a guy that underperformed last year and wasn't on the Head Coaches A list:

Wk___Start___Opp____Result___Target__Rec__Yrd___Avg___TD

1_____Y_____at BAL__L 24-38____5______4____40___10.0__1

2_____N______OAK___L 10-13____5______5____56___11.2__1

4_____Y______NYG___L 16-27____4______1____11___11.0__0

5_____Y______DAL___L 20-26____10_____5____74___14.8__1

6_____Y_____at WAS_W 14-6_____14_____6____109__18.2__0

7_____Y_______SD___L 7-37_____5______2____11___5.5___1

9_____Y_____at JAC__L 21-24____10_____4____74___18.5__0

10____Y_____at OAK_W 16-10____11_____6____91___15.2__0

15____Y_______CLE__L 34-41____10_____4____56___14.0__0

16____Y_____at CIN__L 10-17____12_____9____61___6.8___0

17____N_____at DEN_W 44-24____1______1____6____6.0___0

I would have to say he has a better offensive coordinator in Weis, he has never had an elite QB so that shouldn't be an issue, the run game is more dynamic with Charles and Jones, he finally has other threats in McCluster and Chambers. The only downside I see is if he gets busted and suspended again and he may see a small decrease in overall targets. Cant argue with the stats though. Every time except one game last year when hes had at least 5 targets hes preformed like a low to mid WR1 for ppr. Want even more stats look at 2008. Not to mention the easy defenses in the AFC West.

DWAYNE BOWE comeback POY Watch out!!! :pointstosky: :first:

2 wide recievers of interest: Santana Moss and Nate Burleson. Both have had a good year or two in the past and both are in much better situations this year.

2 running backs: Brandon Jacobs (dude stays healthy for once and knocks out 1400 yards and 15 tds) and Steve Slaton (the dude is lightning in a bottle)

one quarterback: Cutler (this seems fairly obvious)

and just for shits and giggles I nominate Whitten to return to the endzone (I should put this down as a bold prediction)

jdon