Sign in to follow this  
Mad Brad

Megatron vs. Fitzgerald

If you had to draft one of them for 2010, who you taking... Calvin or Larry ???? Let's hear it... MB

If you had to draft one of them for 2010, who you taking... Calvin or Larry ???? Let's hear it... MB

if I had to pick one probably Calvin.....just not sure about Lienert yet. Calvin has done plenty with nothing for a while now.

This is a much better question. I think everything is coming together for Calvin to have a breakout season. I am talking 1500/16 breakout.

If I recall, Fitz did well with Leinart under center. Also, Warner was very much a progression passer, whereas I could see Leinart quickly developing a man crush on Fitz, especially with Boldin gone. Also, Fitz was unstoppable two years ago during that SB run (without Boldin). So I guess I'd go with the proven performer over the guy trying to prove he isn't Jerry Porter. :dunno:

I think they'll be comparable. The safer pick appears to me to be Fitz. The pick with more home-run potential is CJ, though. This is where your team ownership style comes into play.

Oh, and to answer the original question - I'd take CJ.

I would personally go with Fitzgerald, as he has yet to dissapoint. I do think he is much more likely to have a 1,000 yard season like he did last year, rather than the 1,400 yard seasons we have seen from him before. So Calvin has more upside, but he is also a much greater risk.

I am quickly thinking Fitz will be good value this year for where he drops due to the Leinart concerns.

younger, more inexperienced QB's tend to lock onto targets. Bad for real life, great for fantasy. I believe Brandon Marshall had 110/1120/10 in 15 games catching balls from Kyle Orton.

I think they'll be comparable. The safer pick appears to me to be Fitz. The pick with more home-run potential is CJ, though. This is where your team ownership style comes into play.

gotta agree with this post... Fitz is definitely the safer pick, and I would think he will be targeted allottt without Boldin there. Who else are they going to throw too? I seriously doubt Breaston's numbers will improve that much without Boldin. Like many have said Leinart is going to lock onto Fitzgerald. Warner was a hall of famer, Leinart is a noob and that is where many are worried about Fitz's production. However, sometimes for the #1 WR's, inexperienced QB's are better fantasy wise as they don't spread the ball around as much.

Calvin Johnson has all the physical tools to be a dominate WR in this league. However, his best year was when John Kitna, an All-PRO back-up qb in this league was bombing the ball to him every week. I think Stafford will improve, and a healthy Calvin Johnson will definitely have a better year than last year. I think his floor is about 70-1000-7 healthy, while Fitz's floor is probably about 90-1000-9. However, Calvin could be a monster in the end zone if the Lions offense makes leap and bounds like it is expected to this season with additions of Jahvid Best (being compared to Barry Sanders, yea blah blah.. I'll believe it when i see it, but definitely has breakaway speed) and Nate Burleson (a great possession type wide out if he can stay healthy) to run routes across from CJ as well as the TE in Tony Scheffler, in which case Calvin could get more scoring opportunities, and with his speed, and monstrous size could definitely eclipse 85-1400-and his 12 tds from two seasons ago. So its really in my eyes a gamble not so much on CJ, but more or less on the Lions offensive capabilities, which appear to be much improved.

Either player is a great #1 WR to have. I cant say which one I'd pick though until I am in the draft because for me it really depends on my 1st round pick, and if I consider it a High Risk/Reward type player, or a sure thing. In PPR leagues though, you gotta go with Fitz seeing as Calvin's highest reception totals were a measly 76 two seasons ago. Fitz craps out 95 receptions every season.

I bring it up only cause I have Ray Rice and Chris Wells as my RB's... I was thinking about trading L. Fitz for Megatron (maybe) to avoid starting 2 guys from the same ARZ. team... MB

ps. The Magatron owner I think just might do it, if I offer it up...

A true toss up. At this point I'd go with Larry, but I'd be following them throughout training camp. If Leinart looks like garbage in pre-season, I'd go with CJ.

Too many changes on the Cards team, HOF qb gone, underacheiving qb under center, iffy backup qb, Boldin gone-so it will be easier to double-triple Fitz, can Lienert make the progression reads to keep the d honest? Still have question about the running game.

Calvin's not a favorite of mine either, but in this case, I would go with him.

A true toss up. At this point I'd go with Larry, but I'd be following them throughout training camp. If Leinart looks like garbage in pre-season, I'd go with CJ.

If leinart looks like garbage then u just might see some derek anderson at some point. That guy only knows how to throw one ball, and fitz knows how to catch that ball.

I like how Fitzgerald is falling and falling and falling. I will take him over Calvin Johnson yesterday, tomorrow, and a month from now.

Calvin Johnson nearly has as many fumbles lost in three seasons as Fitzgerald has TOTAL fumbles.

Johnson has shown that he can get hurt, while Fitzgerald is a model of consistency at his position in terms of health, productivity, and dominance.

Fitzgerald had good numbers when Josh McCown was throwing to him his rookie season, and that team had a much worse situation at RB than what it currently has. Beanie Wells and Tim Hightower are going to be utilized a decent amount, which will create opportunities for Fitzgerald to make plays in the passing game.

Also, it's a lot easier to speculate that defenses can just double team or as one poster said triple team Fitzgerald than it is to actually do it. You consistently double team an NFL player and the opposing offense will burn you by going elsewhere. And if it was that easy...why wouldn't teams also do it to Calvin Johnson as well?

I'm all for a majority of people to look elsewhere than Fitzgerald. It might mean I can grab him in round 2

The only issue I see with Fitz this year are his TD totals. Warner LOVED to throw at the goal line, but I don't think Leinart has the balls or skill to run those kinds of plays (yet). It's pretty obvious that the Cards are going to pick up their running game hardcore this year, so I see a lot more goal line carries for Hightower and Beanie.

Mark my word, Fitz will be a major bust this year. Leinart will not be able to get him the ball deep and Fitz is not a possession receiver. I would even argue that with Leinart at QB Boldin would have been more valuable than Fitz.

I offered up L. Fitz for Megatron just after I made this original post... And last Thursday night he accepted it... Calvin don't let me down brother... MB

ps. Now I start T. Brady, R.Rice, C. Wells, Megatron, B. Marshall, and Roddy White... :headbanger:

ps. With Wes Welker coming off the bench... :thumbsup:

Now I start T. Brady, R.Rice, C. Wells, Megatron, B. Marshall, and Roddy White... :headbanger:

ps. With Wes Welker coming off the bench... :thumbsup:

I'd take this team for the upcoming season. Only weak spot is Beanie Wells I think.

I'd take this team for the upcoming season. Only weak spot is Beanie Wells I think.

Add in B. Celek, D. Akers, and Vikings Def... and I think I'm gonna be a contenda... MB :banana:

^ That's a great looking squad. How many team league?

I think the better question is Stafford or Leinart? The Wrs will follow in this case.

^ That's a great looking squad. How many team league?

It's a 12 team league AND it's a Dynasty League... I might not lose a game all year... :headbanger:

Brady, Tom

Hasselbeck, Matt

Smith, Alex

Bush, Michael

Dwyer, Jonathan

Lynch, Marshawn

McGahee, Willis BAL

Rice, Ray BAL

Wells, Chris ARI

Berrian, Bernard MIN

Johnson, Calvin

Marshall, Brandon

Owens, Terrell

Welker, Wes

White, Roddy

Celek, Brent

Graham, Jimmy

Akers, David

Vikings, Minnesota

If I recall, Fitz did well with Leinart under center. Also, Warner was very much a progression passer, whereas I could see Leinart quickly developing a man crush on Fitz, especially with Boldin gone. Also, Fitz was unstoppable two years ago during that SB run (without Boldin). So I guess I'd go with the proven performer over the guy trying to prove he isn't Jerry Porter. :dunno:

+1000

I can start 1 rb (if need be) and play Wes Welker instead... I'm liking my odds, last year I was 11-2 and was the #2 seed playoffs... Took 3rd place... <_<

I can start 1 rb (if need be) and play Wes Welker instead... I'm liking my odds, last year I was 11-2 and was the #2 seed playoffs... Took 3rd place... <_<

Can't go wrong with RayRay and that receiving corp.

Can't go wrong with RayRay and that receiving corp.

That's what I'm sayin'.... :headbanger: Title town here we come... :overhead:

Fitz. Calvin is always hurt. It's always something. Fitz is use to playing without Boldin who has the hammy issue. I think the no Warner thing is being over blown. Warner was done last year, he couldn't even light up the Lions. He had a 5TD's game vs Chicago but ended the season with 26TD's. So 21TD's in 15games.

And the Lions factor. Your talking about a team that will be happy to win 3games.

Fitz. Calvin is always hurt. It's always something. Fitz is use to playing without Boldin who has the hammy issue. I think the no Warner thing is being over blown. Warner was done last year, he couldn't even light up the Lions. He had a 5TD's game vs Chicago but ended the season with 26TD's. So 21TD's in 15games.

And the Lions factor. Your talking about a team that will be happy to win 3games.

The Lions' offense has not been the problem the last two years. They moved the ball *relatively* well even in their 0-16 season.

The Lions are a sleeper candidate in terms of fantasy productivity this year. The Cardinals are expected to move downward from their admittedly lofty heights. They'll probably meet each other somewhere in the middle. Even though the Cards could very well score more points, I think I'd rather be riding the Lions wave upward if I was in a dynasty league (and I am). It's close, but I'll take my chances with Megatron.