26HR(5th)

81RBI(8th)

.624SLG(2nd)

36BB

82R(5th)

.408OBP(3rd)

1.032(2nd)

8SB

Really it's a 2 man race, but Cano is having a great year and is the best player on the best team(well, one of the top 2). Just by pure numbers, i think Cabby has it by a decent margin, but the Tigers are not making the playoffs, and will probably only be a .500 team. Cano and Hamilton are on teams that have the playoffs locked for the most part. Also Cabby has been incredibly clutch, if i'm not mistaken, he has 12+ GW or GT hits.

Cabby SHOULD win it because i think he has established himself as the best player in the AL this season, and probably for the next 5-8 seasons. Hamilton's flukish year(average wise at least) to go along with his team taking the division will probably end up taking it.

Everything I have read says Josh Hamilton has it.

Cabrera is better offensively but Hamilton may win a gold glove this season as well. The fact that Hamilton has mixed in lots of CF starts with his LF play will help as well.

Oh yeah, i forgot to say with Cabby, he plays half his games in Comerica Park. I watch almost every game and he hits a lot of balls that go off the top of the wall. Conservative guesstimate, he would have 8-10 more HRs at most other ball parks.

I can't argue with the stats Hamilton and Cabrera have put up. But I admit I am a Twins homer and could argue Mauer's worth to the team since Morneau has been out.

1. Hamilton

2. Cabrera

3. Mauer

AB HR AVG RBI R SB

403 8 .335 65 71 1

Hamilton plays in a hitters park while cabrera plays in a pitchers park.

I would vote for cabrera

I can't argue with the stats Hamilton and Cabrera have put up. But I admit I am a Twins homer and could argue Mauer's worth to the team since Morneau has been out.

3. Hamilton

2. Cabrera

1. Mauer

AB HR AVG RBI R SB

403 8 .335 65 71 1

Fixed :headbanger:

1. Hamilton

2. Cabrera

3. Mauer

AB HR AVG RBI R SB

403 8 .335 65 71 1

Yeah, Mauer is definitely coming on and was clearly really bothered by injury early in the year. The guy is going to win multiple MVPs, he is a monster.

Yeah, Mauer is definitely coming on and was clearly really bothered by injury early in the year. The guy is going to win multiple MVPs, he is a monster.

And crap, the only time someone successfully steals when he's behind the plate is when Pavano is pitching. :bandana:

And crap, the only time someone successfully steals when he's behind the plate is when Pavano is pitching. :bandana:

Yeah, him, Laird, and Molina are the best defensive catchers in the league. But one of those guys is an offensive liability...

Yeah, him, Laird, and Molina are the best defensive catchers in the league. But one of those guys is an offensive liability...

speak the truth man. Avila will be the full timer next year though.

Josh had a pretty big weekend series against the O's. Could only of helped push him closer to this award.

Do you guys think Pujols has a chance to win the NL MVP? :unsure:

I just realized he is going to make a serious push for a triple crown :shocking: But both guys from the AL are having better seasons.

Hamilton just won't slow down, i never thought he could keep up a .355 - .360 avg but he is and he is still hitting it out. Again, it's a very hitter friendly ballpark though. Cabby would already be over 40 in Texor.

I just realized he is going to make a serious push for a triple crown :shocking: But both guys from the AL are having better seasons.

Hamilton just won't slow down, i never thought he could keep up a .355 - .360 avg but he is and he is still hitting it out. Again, it's a very hitter friendly ballpark though. Cabby would already be over 40 in Texor.

if he hit at that bandbox in texas he would probably push 40-50 every year.

if he hit at that bandbox in texas he would probably push 40-50 every year.

Pujols in Colorado. His average season would be .350, 55, 145.

I've scientifically determined such.

Hamilton. The numbers are much closer than the success of the two teams. Miggy is the best hitter in the AL, but out of principle I won't give the MVP to someone who isn't playing in October.

Plus, Hamilton is a gold glove outfielder and while people talk about the ball park inflating his numbers, he also plays the entire season in 105 degree heat. So to go out there every day and play at the highest level at the plate and in the field in that heat, I'll call it a wash on the ball park advantage/disadvantage thing.

I'll call it a wash on the ball park advantage/disadvantage thing.

I don't think too many people will agree with that. It's hot but Miguel and many other guys grew up playing in tropical heat. Heat has some effect on some people, but i think there is no doubt that Josh's numbers are helped out a lot by playing there. Again, Cabby would probably have in the low to mid 40HR with around 130RBIs right now in that park.

Though i think it's pretty much neck and neck and will be for the rest of the season, i think most baseball guys will agree that Cabby is officially, at the very least, the best player in the AL and maybe in all of baseball.

I understand the October arguement, but this isn't other sports where half the teams get in, only the elite teams get in. Also a single player doesn't have nearly the effect as a single player in the NBA, NHL, NFL, ect. MVP for baseball should always go to the best player, imo. I mean, Bonds won it, what, 4 times without making the playoffs. Pujols in 08', A-Rod in Texor i think in 04', it happens more often than people think. It only happens when a player really establishes himself as the best in their league and i think Cabby has done that this year.

I don't think too many people will agree with that. It's hot but Miguel and many other guys grew up playing in tropical heat. Heat has some effect on some people, but i think there is no doubt that Josh's numbers are helped out a lot by playing there. Again, Cabby would probably have in the low to mid 40HR with around 130RBIs right now in that park.

Though i think it's pretty much neck and neck and will be for the rest of the season, i think most baseball guys will agree that Cabby is officially, at the very least, the best player in the AL and maybe in all of baseball.

I understand the October arguement, but this isn't other sports where half the teams get in, only the elite teams get in. Also a single player doesn't have nearly the effect as a single player in the NBA, NHL, NFL, ect. MVP for baseball should always go to the best player, imo. I mean, Bonds won it, what, 4 times without making the playoffs. Pujols in 08', A-Rod in Texor i think in 04', it happens more often than people think. It only happens when a player really establishes himself as the best in their league and i think Cabby has done that this year.

The guys you listed posted HOF numbers (with steroids). Miggy isn't putting up any kind of eye-popping numbers. If he hit 50 HR or something, sure. But meh. Also I disagree that he's the best player in the AL. He's probably the best hitter in that league this season, but I don't think he's the best player. The best player in the AL is Joe Mauer, in my opinion. But I'd call you crazy (or just a homer) for saying he should be MVP. His numbers arent massive and his team isn't good.

Really boils down to what you think "MVP" means, which is open to various opinions and interpretations.

Plus, you said only the elite teams get in. Which to me makes a guy like Hamilton even more deserving. His numbers are close, better in some areas. He's a better fielder. He's on a better team. Saying "well if so and so played here" or "if so and so had this team around him" isn't a valid way to do it. You have to consider the performance as it is, not what it could be. Cause if you start that, you could go on forever with as many variables as baseball has. Maybe one team played games on days that were more windy. Maybe one guy faced more lefties. Maybe one guy played earlier in the day and the shadows affected him. You just can't factor everything in.

To my knowledge, Josh isn't Dominican nor Puerto Rican - thus he prolly didn't grow up with the advantage of playing in tropical heat day in and day out. Those from here have heard over and over and over again how much the heat has an effect not only on performance, but in getting free agents to sign here. The heat is not tropical, it's scorching - was 101 degrees last night at the 7:05 first pitch........... Want to play the what if game? Can do that all day long - could be argued Josh's numbers would be higher if he had the luxury at camping out at 1st base resting instead of running around and making plays all over the oven baked outfield. Now, not to suggest Cabby isn't phenomenal - he is. But the coin has two sides to it - and I think cbf said it best above.

To my knowledge, Josh isn't Dominican nor Puerto Rican - thus he prolly didn't grow up with the advantage of playing in tropical heat day in and day out. Those from here have heard over and over and over again how much the heat has an effect not only on performance, but in getting free agents to sign here. The heat is not tropical, it's scorching - was 101 degrees last night at the 7:05 first pitch........... Want to play the what if game? Can do that all day long - could be argued Josh's numbers would be higher if he had the luxury at camping out at 1st base resting instead of running around and making plays all over the oven baked outfield. Now, not to suggest Cabby isn't phenomenal - he is. But the coin has two sides to it - and I think cbf said it best above.

I agree. If it was just offensive numbers, Miggy would already have it all but locked. If you account for Hamilton's defense, that is why i think it's neck and neck. Miggy is certainly no slouch on first though, he has a pretty high amount of errors for first, but he makes some great defensive plays. One thing i don't like about a lot of baseball people is they don't take into account defense more, it's all about offense. GGs are a joke as a result of this. Honestly, i don't see Hamilton too often so i am not sure how good of a defensive CF he is.

The vote count reflects this, it should be one of the closer races in recent memory.

Josh had another shot last night in a big game against the Twins. He's been a big part in us taking 2 in a row from them - hope it continues tonight.

Does John Rocker still play?:huh:

Does John Rocker still play?:huh:

Did you mean to post this in the bigotry and intolerence thread?

Josh had another shot last night in a big game against the Twins. He's been a big part in us taking 2 in a row from them - hope it continues tonight.

:thumbsdown: The guy won't slow down. We need SOMETHING in Detroit to salvage this piss poor year. It's looking like Hamilton is going to steal the MVP from Miggy, and Feliz the ROY from Austin. Just fail...

:thumbsdown: The guy won't slow down. We need SOMETHING in Detroit to salvage this piss poor year. It's looking like Hamilton is going to steal the MVP from Miggy, and Feliz the ROY from Austin. Just fail...

And Vlad or Colby for comeback, and Washington for skipper, and Daniels for executive of the year.

Party.

I blame leyland............and of course obama.

And another home run for Hamilton. Safe to say the consecutive games with a homer record Is going down.

Love watching Hamilton play. That dude is just a natural baseball player. He can do everything but pitch. It's scary to think how good he would have been and the numbers he would have if he had stayed clean and focused.

Love watching Hamilton play. That dude is just a natural baseball player. He can do everything but pitch. It's scary to think how good he would have been and the numbers he would have if he had stayed clean and focused.

I know its gonna sound crazy but he may have needed that journey in order to become the player he is now.

I know its gonna sound crazy but he may have needed that journey in order to become the player he is now.

It's possible. I thought of that, and there's no way to know. But he was a freak coming out of high school. Forearms the size of garbage cans with 5-tool skills.

Either way, he's a hell of a story. I'm not a Rangers fan or anything, but you can't cheer against that dude.

It's possible. I thought of that, and there's no way to know. But he was a freak coming out of high school. Forearms the size of garbage cans with 5-tool skills.

Either way, he's a hell of a story. I'm not a Rangers fan or anything, but you can't cheer against that dude.

Im a big fan of the game of baseball and you are right. Ya cant root against him. He has been through so much and come out the other side in good shape. His wife still gives him an allowance and doesnt let him carry cash.

And another home run for Hamilton. Safe to say the consecutive games with a homer record Is going down.

How many is Hamilton at?

Is the record like 8 consecutive games with a HR? Griffey Jr. and Mattingly, right?

edit: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1786653 That was easy to find and my memory was right on. Now to find out how many Josh Hamilton has in a row.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6679/gamelog;_ylt=AgW.qvHiPFc0qgkQBhfPzXGFCLcF I don't see any Home Run streak by Hamilton at all. :dunno:

How many is Hamilton at?

Is the record like 8 consecutive games with a HR? Griffey Jr. and Mattingly, right?

edit: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1786653 That was easy to find and my memory was right on. Now to find out how many Josh Hamilton has in a row.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6679/gamelog;_ylt=AgW.qvHiPFc0qgkQBhfPzXGFCLcF I don't see any Home Run streak by Hamilton at all. :dunno:

Hamilton is up to 2 and his swing is grooved. Griffey's record is in serious jeopardy and most would be shocked if it's not broken next week.

Hamilton is up to 2 and his swing is grooved. Griffey's record is in serious jeopardy and most would be shocked if it's not broken next week.

Things are really good with Josh right now, but let me be the first to say - I'm starting to notice a small little trend with him. He is, at times, showing some Juan Gonzo up at the plate. The two balls he turned on l'nite were fastballs, fastballs bcoz he had worked the count to full or near full. But he is starting to swing at 1st and 2nd pitch off speed change ups and sliders down and in. He has to know that unless they guy on the mound can bring it 95 plus, he's not going to see a fastball early in the count. The guy last night could barely hit 92 on his best pitch. Josh needs to show some patience and look for his pitch - looks like he's starting to press a bit, as strange as it seems.

Things are really good with Josh right now, but let me be the first to say - I'm starting to notice a small little trend with him. He is, at times, showing some Juan Gonzo up at the plate. The two balls he turned on l'nite were fastballs, fastballs bcoz he had worked the count to full or near full. But he is starting to swing at 1st and 2nd pitch off speed change ups and sliders down and in. He has to know that unless they guy on the mound can bring it 95 plus, he's not going to see a fastball early in the count. The guy last night could barely hit 92 on his best pitch. Josh needs to show some patience and look for his pitch - looks like he's starting to press a bit, as strange as it seems.

Yea but the guy last night was trying to work the bottom of the strike zone. They were lower than the batter before though.