Sign in to follow this  
Boz/BoFan

Ahmad Bradshaw will = Tiki Barber

He had 800yds and 7tds on the ground and 200yds receiving all with limited touches.

He's officially won the starting position ahead of Jacobs who's role will drop significantly due to injury history, lack of performance, and the success of Bradshaw givin a legitimate starting role. It will be impossible for Coughlin not to go with the hot hand and AB will be just that.

He's a little speedy bowling ball who's a threat in the air as well.....ie D.Williams, MJD, Rudy Johnson etc with hands. Excellent combo, just needed an opportunity and now hes got it behind a great line and multiple offensive threats.

I see minimum 1100yds and 12 Tds on the ground and 35rec for 350yds and 3rec tds. Stats could rise 20% plus depending on playtime and luck (injuries etc)

Definite 1Rb material.

He's also stolen a Playstation from a teammate in college, which is awesome.

He had 800yds and 7tds on the ground and 200yds receiving all with limited touches.

He's officially won the starting position ahead of Jacobs who's role will drop significantly due to injury history, lack of performance, and the success of Bradshaw givin a legitimate starting role. It will be impossible for Coughlin not to go with the hot hand and AB will be just that.

He's a little speedy bowling ball who's a threat in the air as well.....ie D.Williams, MJD, Rudy Johnson etc with hands. Excellent combo, just needed an opportunity and now hes got it behind a great line and multiple offensive threats.

I see minimum 1100yds and 12 Tds on the ground and 35rec for 350yds and 3rec tds. Stats could rise 20% plus depending on playtime and luck (injuries etc)

Definite 1Rb material.

He's also stolen a Playstation from a teammate in college, which is awesome.

i think he's got good upside this year as well. someone i ended up with on 2 of my 3 redraft teams because of value.

i'm also a uva football fan so your last sentence brings back a memory. see, he was supposed to go to uva....

You see a minimum of 1,450 total yards and 15 TDs??? That would be nice. Since I got him in the 6th round as my 4th RB.

You see a minimum of 1,450 total yards and 15 TDs??? That would be nice. Since I got him in the 6th round as my 4th RB.

He'll easily be better than LeSean McCoy, so he'll be at least your 3rd RB. I took him as my RB1 in a 14 team league with an early 4th round pick, over the likes of Moreno, and I took him as my RB2 in a keeper league over the likes of Moreno as well (and Ryan Grant who wasn't supposed to make it to my 2nd pick - plus 3 keepers = 5th round - so I pretended he wasn't there and took Bradshaw anyway).

I'm looking at more yards and probably not quite 15 TDs. I'd be more than happy with 12.

Ilove him and agree he is better than McCoy and Moreno, prob gonna be a great RB2 by years end. :pointstosky:

He'll easily be better than LeSean McCoy, so he'll be at least your 3rd RB. I took him as my RB1 in a 14 team league with an early 4th round pick, over the likes of Moreno, and I took him as my RB2 in a keeper league over the likes of Moreno as well (and Ryan Grant who wasn't supposed to make it to my 2nd pick - plus 3 keepers = 5th round - so I pretended he wasn't there and took Bradshaw anyway).

I'm looking at more yards and probably not quite 15 TDs. I'd be more than happy with 12.

I start 2 RBs and 2 RB/WR flex: I'll probably be rolling with MJD, DWill, McCoy and Bradshaw this week unless I bench one for Jerome Harrison vs. Tampa. I'd love to think Bradshaw is good for 1,000 rushing and 12 TDs but I'll have to believe it when I see it.

In terms of predictions, I think the most conservative basis would be this: Same number of rushes as last year for Brashaw/Jacobs [387] (NYG passed more than usual last year, said they want to run more), and a flip of the carries/playing time such that Bradshaw takes 57% of the carries (Jacobs had 57% last year, this is very conservative for Bradshaw this year). But let's roll with it:

Brandon Jacobs - 163 carries 652 yards 5 TD's, 15 rec, 150 yards

Ahmad Bradshaw - 224 carries 896 yards 8 TD's, 40 rec, 360 yards, 1 TD

That would be a 43% (Jacobs) / 57 % (Bradshaw) split, which is conservative for Bradshaw. And that's 1200 yards and 9 TD's. Tiki Barber routinely passed 50/60 receptions during his time with the Giants (210 carries, 70 receptions first year starting in 12 games BTW), but did not have any sort of second fiddle. I don't think Bradshaw will get there, but will get a decent PPR boost.

He has an opportunity to break out, but will need to outplay Jacobs from opening week.

Absolutely.

In terms of predictions, I think the most conservative basis would be this: Same number of rushes as last year for Brashaw/Jacobs [387] (NYG passed more than usual last year, said they want to run more), and a flip of the carries/playing time such that Bradshaw takes 57% of the carries (Jacobs had 57% last year, this is very conservative for Bradshaw this year). But let's roll with it:

That would be a 43% (Jacobs) / 57 % (Bradshaw) split, which is conservative for Bradshaw. And that's 1200 yards and 9 TD's. Tiki Barber routinely passed 50/60 receptions during his time with the Giants (210 carries, 70 receptions first year starting in 12 games BTW), but did not have any sort of second fiddle. I don't think Bradshaw will get there, but will get a decent PPR boost.

He has an opportunity to break out, but will need to outplay Jacobs from opening week.

You're projecting only 387 carries from these 2? Eli's gonna be passing a lot.

I'm a Giants fan and no way do I see that happening.

Tiki was a much greater talent.

Absolutely.

Terrific. Hopefully I can trade him for a better #2 wideout.

Thats a nice breakdown but very conservative on the stats.

He's averaged 5.2 ypc for his NFL career thus far. If he gets 60 more carries this year like you accurately predict that would put him over 1100yds on the ground even at just 5.0 per carry.

He scored every 23 carries last year, with 60+ more that puts him at 10 tds on the ground. Jacobs is a big dumb truck who really isnt that great of a goal line guy, AB will steal some goal line attempts as well which should give him an additional 2-3 on the year in addition to to his 10 from regular game play.

His receiving stats should get a boost as well but those are hard to quantify, 2-3 with a big bump in PT is not out of the question.

I dont believe 14-15 Tds total this year will be at all an excessive prediction.

He will have a breakout year.

I am a huge Giants Fan and I really like Bradshaw, but two things worry me: 1. He does not have break away speed; 2. Larger than normal health concerns.

With that said, if he stays healthy, he should easily contribute 1,300 total yards and 8 - 10 TD's, which makes him a very solid rb #2.

Let's hope he takes this opportunity and literally runs with it...

As a huge Giants fan, I don't see Jacobs fading away. Coughlin needs to keep both these guys healthy and will split their time to do so. I think the '07 numbers of Ward is what's in store for Bradshaw.

As a huge Giants fan, I don't see Jacobs fading away. Coughlin needs to keep both these guys healthy and will split their time to do so. I think the '07 numbers of Ward is what's in store for Bradshaw.

He has the starting job and you're projecting 125 carries for 602 yards rushing, 26 reception for 179 yards receiving, and 4 total TD's? :shocking:

If you're a huge Giants fan you can't be happy with that projection. It's not looking good for your G-Men if that's all Bradshaw can muster.

Trade McCoy.

I'm trading someone. I'm hoping Jerome Harrison goes off Weeks 1-2 (against the Bucs and Chiefs) so I can unload him for a better QB or #2 wideout.

He has the starting job and you're projecting 125 carries for 602 yards rushing, 26 reception for 179 yards receiving, and 4 total TD's? :shocking:

If you're a huge Giants fan you can't be happy with that projection. It's not looking good for your G-Men if that's all Bradshaw can muster.

Oops. I meant '08: 1025 rushing; 384 receiving, with more than 2 tds.

I see close to a 50/50 split at the beginning of the season. Coughlin has taken away Jacobs starting position to motivate him, now he's running with a chip on his shoulder. Jacobs will out rush Bradshaw the first game...BANK ON IT!!! :lock:

I like Bradshaw a lot, but you either drafted him or are a homer.... most likely both.

I'm a Giants fan and no way do I see that happening.

Tiki was a much greater talent.

Really? Tiki was a much greater talent? I disagree completely. Tiki was a commitee RB that came out of nowhere to be the man in NY. Kind of reminds you of Bradshaw doesnt it? My point is, Tiki was not some electric talent that was drafted high in the first round. Bradshaw will get it done.

Tiki was a 2nd round pick and a stud on a good college team. Bradshaw was a 7th rounder I believe. As a Giants fan and bradshaw owner I will be overjoyed with 1100 total yards 8 td's. Unfortunately he gets hurt all the time.

Thats fine if you really think he'll have such gaudy numbers. But, reality says:

- Jacobs will get plenty of goal-line work hurting Bradshaw fantasy stats

- Bradshaw has had a LOT of work done to his legs/feet/body. A little fragile for every down duty.

- The Giants do throw a lot too.

Just saying. I expect to see him in the 900 yards rushing range with about 6-8 TDs. About the same as last year.

Bradshaw was a 7th rounder I believe.

He wasn't a 7th rounder just based on talent...he got into a few scrapes with the law that hurt his stock.

I'm a NY Giant fan who ended up with both Bradshaw and Jacobs on my auction draft team. Based on what I see, Bradshaw in 2010 in a vastly better RB than Jacobs. That said, it most likely will be a time share of about 60/35/5 with one of the other RBs getting in there from time to time (Danny Ware I believe is listed 3rd...who I also got for a buck). That is until one of them gets hurt. Then the other one's stock will go up quite a bit. My money is on Bradshaw being the more healthy RB throughout the season. RBs of Jacob's size and running style just do not last long in the NFL...that is if they make it to begin with. Jacob's ain't old, but he ain't young either...I believe he is on the downward slope of his career. Bradshaw had a decent season as a #2 RB last year on two bad wheels...and is only 24 years old. I def. see the glass as half full in respect to his outlook.

Hate to be the realist here but only 3 back last year had 15 or more total TD. Their names Chris Johnson, MJD and Adrian Peterson.

Everything I've heard from Giants fans indicates that Bradshaw is the better of the two backs. I'm assuming his carry total is bumped up to 200-225 and he ends up with 30-40 receptions. I'll throw in another couple TDs. So I'm looking at around 1,200-1,300 total yards and 8-9 touchdowns. That's great value for where I drafted him (6th round of a 14-team league) and I'd be ecstatic to get that kind of production out of a 3rd or 4th RB.

Thats fine if you really think he'll have such gaudy numbers. But, reality says:

- Jacobs will get plenty of goal-line work hurting Bradshaw fantasy stats

- Bradshaw has had a LOT of work done to his legs/feet/body. A little fragile for every down duty.

- The Giants do throw a lot too.

Just saying. I expect to see him in the 900 yards rushing range with about 6-8 TDs. About the same as last year.

Lizard, it seems you have not watched Jacobs a lot in goal line situation. Jacobs is terrible even in short yardage, Bradshaw is actually the better RB there as well. Because Jacobs runs upright it is easier for LBs to tackle him backwards. Plus Bradshaw is the 3rd-down back. Yes injuries are a concern with Bradshaw, but the same can be said of Jacobs. As for the Giants passing too much it only happened last year and that was because they often trailed in games and both RBs had injury problems. This year expect Giants to run a lot more than last year.

To clarify....

He will not be the yardage monster Tiki was, I shouldve added that from the start tho its obviously implied thru the projections I gave.

He will be Tiki-esqe in the fact that he'll be the main guy in the Giants system with double threat and home run hitting ability.

He's much more dynamic than Jacobs, anytime you've got to pull an extra man on D to keep a receiving back honest it drastically opens up your playbook which will keep his azz on the field.....not to mention he's just superior to Jacobs in almost every way and the fact his touches should go up 40%.

Wasnt lucky enough to get him in my draft, missed by 2 picks but working on a trade.

I could end up with egg on face admittedly as fantasy production prognostication is hardly a science but it seems like the stars are aligned.

I'm fully in the Bradshaw camp.

FFtoday has been talking about this guy for 3 years now.

Bradshaw was impressive last year in a full-time RBBC and hobbled with a fractured foot/leg/whatever.

can he stay healthy? if so, he's my most likely RB vault from mid-rounds this year to first rounder next year.

I'm not really interested in the one-dimensional backs... the Corey Dillon, Jerome Bettis, type RBs.

Give me the scat backs... give me the Charlie Garners and Warrick Dunns of the world so I can watch them turn into Tiki Barber, Marshall Faulk, and Priest Holmes. Sure, sometimes they don't graduate to that elite fantasy level (Kevin Faulk?), but thier ability to run and catch on any/every down is the precursor to becoming elite.

Brandon Jacobs lashes out at reporter: "You think I'm stupid?"

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 8, 2010 8:03 PM ET

First Giants running back Brandon Jacobs said the NFL is a "cutthroat, backstabbing business." Then he said, "I'm happy."

Now he seems unhappy.

In the Giants' locker room today, Jacobs first refused to answer a question, then lashed out at a reporter and stormed off when discussing how Ahmad Bradshaw has passed him on the depth chart.

Asked whether he and Bradshaw would both need to put their egos aside and do what's best for the team, Jacobs glared at a reporter and said, "You think I'm stupid, don't you? You guys are funny."

With that, he brushed past the reporters and walked away.

For the record, based on this video at the Star Ledger web site, the reporter who drew Jacobs' ire appeared to be Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. There was nothing at all improper about the questions Jacobs had been asked, as shown on the video.

But no matter how happy he says he is, Jacobs sure looks like he's in a foul mood heading into the season.

~pft.com

i hope he turns into somethin..... i got him in the 6th as my#3 so come on bradshaw.......i may be able to turn him into another wr since my wrs are a little weak

league went ppr this year, he's my #4 back that i got behind Jones-Drew, Mendenhall and Pierre Thomas. If he gets the work and does as well as I think he will, I'm figuring he'll finish as my #2RB behind MJD and the kid may crack the top 10 by season end if he stays relatively healthy.

Bradshaw, in the final year of his four-year rookie contract, is due to make a hair over $1 million.

Well he's suckin in the TD dept. but looking real nice in yards....close to his total for all of last year in half the time. I think he'll still have at least 10-11 total on the ground before the year is up. He's far exceeded my expectations in yards and is producing very nicely.

if you're in a .1 pt/yard league, he's a solid 12-15 points a week player. In pt/20 yards and td heavy, he's not all there yet. Kinda sucks because Jacobs has recently reestablished himself as the short yardage/goalline back. I still think you can count of Bradshaw for .5 td per game moving forward though, and when he does score it'll likely be outside the 10. So if you get bonus points for longer tds, or for receiving tds, his value is greater. Regardless, he's at the top of the food chain as far as RB2s go, and in many formats will be a middle of the pack RB1. Sweet find in the middle of the draft. Just actually unloaded him in a league for Big Ben, with some other players involved on both sides. Very happy about it...

I grabbed him in the number 6 spot and traded him last week in a multi player for AP. I sent out Bradshaw, Brady, Gaffney and Vernon Davis for AP and Brandon Marshall. Not bad for a 6th rounder, 10th rounder and a TE who's QB is injured as well as he.

As far as Bradshaw goes I knew he was going to be a star. He was great last year playing with injuries to both legs all year.

I own the little dude and he's been a perfect #2 RB so far. What's the feeling going forward though? Every carry is breaking new ground for this guy, who has dealt with injuries in the past. Is now a good time to move him?

I traded for him a couple weeks ago giving up Schaub and Lynch to the Romo owner. Lynch is not doing much and Schaub IMO can't really be trusted since Foster is running so well. Schaub just seems off so far this year as well.

The steady 12-15 points a week will be a welcome sight for us Rice owners.