Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Awesome

Time to drop Ryan Mathews.

Never mind the fact that Ryan Mathews got hurt. The guy has underperformed two weeks in a row, and now his ankle will slow him down. The Chargers took the worst running back in this class. Prepare for waivers.

Have you ever played fantasy football before? Regardless, do you need someone else in your league?

Seriously, get off the edge of the cliff.

Have you ever played fantasy football before? Regardless, do you need someone else in your league?

Seriously, get off the edge of the cliff.

Well, depending on his ankle, he may be waiver bait soon. I've picked up Tolbert just in case.

Maybe SD can trade VJax to Minny for a RB. :headbanger:

Yes I have, and I know a good running back when I see one. Mathews is mediocre and easily replaceable.

You know that from one and a half games from a rookie? You are good.

You know that from one and a half games from a rookie? You are good.

Mike Tolbert is keeping up with him, if not passing him up.

He wasn't even drafted.

Mathews can be outperformed by many running backs in this league. He doesn't have outstanding speed, and he isn't exactly elusive. I have no idea why he was so talked over to begin with.

The kid came from Fresno State.

Yes I have, and I know a good running back when I see one. Mathews is mediocre and easily replaceable.

Hey look at me! I'm a focktard! :blink:

He wasn't even drafted.

Mathews can be outperformed by many running backs in this league. He doesn't have outstanding speed, and he isn't exactly elusive. I have no idea why he was so talked over to begin with.

I'll text message you when you arrive in a galaxy which contains an insightful and accurate comment. :rolleyes:

Point noted - Ryan Mathews was annoited "star" and 1st round draft choice quite early on. It looks like he will be a disappointment and not live up to that lofty standard, but he may still be okay. I have him, and now need to pick up Tolbert to handcuff him.

I think the issue here has to do with expectation. Disappointment with Mathews is high because of his ADP. I would argue that drafting a rookie - ANY rookie - in the first or second round is a high risk / low reward proposition. It's an incredible gamble with such a valuable pick, and even if it does pay off, it still just "meets" expectation. It's not like we've never seen busts come out of the first round, but I think it's silly to be surprised when it's a rookie.

Having said all that, I think it's way way WAY too early to toss out Mathews. There's plenty of opportunity for him to emerge.

Agreed. I would never draft a rookie in the first 3 rounds and probably not until the 5th or 6th at least. Out of your higher picks especially you want to know that unless your pick has a severe injury you'll be getting production that's at least in the same ballpark of where you drafted that player. Obviously some "studs" will be busts (see Clinton Portis' second half two years ago or Turner's last year) but most will be around their yearly average production. The problem with rookie's is that they have no yearly production standard in the NFL, their track record has 0 entries. I'll take addai over any rookie RB in the class b/c I know that Addai is going to get me at least 1000 total yards and double digit TD's. Donald Brown who?

Look at me! I have nothing useful to say, so I'm just going to post something unrelated!

Says the asshat who started the Jahvid Best is terrible thread last week. :thumbsdown:

Never mind the fact that Ryan Mathews got hurt. The guy has underperformed two weeks in a row, and now his ankle will slow him down. The Chargers took the worst running back in this class. Prepare for waivers.

You should trade him straight up for Darren McFadden. :thumbsup:

I hope the Matthews owner in my league panics like you.

This board has really gone downhill in recent years. Just the ludicrous overreactions every week to the normal ups and downs of a player's season make this forum look like newbie town.

This board has really gone downhill in recent years. Just the ludicrous overreactions every week to the normal ups and downs of a player's season make this forum look like newbie town.

Agreed, friggin knee jerk morons.

He has looked good except for a couple fumbles. I am keeping him.

He wasn't even drafted.

Respectfully, are you watching the games through tequila shot glasses?

Respectfully, are you watching the games through tequila shot glasses?

HEY!!!

What's wrong with that?

Not sure when this board was much classy to being with. But you've been around here longer than I have. If so, much could be contributed to the fact that when something gets more popular, the level of quality drops accordingly.

You should probably just drop your whole team.

ya, wtf was that about.

FOR THE THIRD TIME HE GOT HURT ON A PLAY AND WAS TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME FOR A COUPLE PLAYS. <_<

I am not making it up guys, I have been doing this too long to pull that crap.

You are truly a bunch of geeks on here. White did get hurt u morons.

Is that why you were the only one that reported it?

Going out for 2 plays isn't getting hurt.

Is that why you were the only one that reported it?

Going out for 2 plays isn't getting hurt.

Agreed but CBSsportsline reported he was injured.

You are truly a bunch of geeks on here. White did get hurt u morons.

I didn't read far enough into this thread to find your idiocy. If you'll notice, yours wasn't the only stupid post he quoted. I wasn't even referring to you, so slow your role and stop being defensive, Francis.

I didn't read far enough into this thread to find your idiocy. If you'll notice, yours wasn't the only stupid post he quoted. I wasn't even referring to you, so slow your role and stop being defensive, Francis.

:cheers:

Regardless of whether or not Mathews' ankle is alright, I really have a hard time seeing him reach his ADP.

A) Rookie

B ) Drafted to a team with some real bad run blocking the last couple years.

C) Never played a full season in College due to injury.

D) Drafted to a team with a beastly goal line back (Tolbert) and maybe the best 3rd down back in the league (Sproles).

What's not to like?

If you wasted your first rounder on Mathews...better luck next year!

I usually stay away from Rookie RBs but this year i took this focking bum with 13th pick :wall: He hurt his ankle and fumbled again. 2 games and 2 fumbles :cry:

here's a tip: take the season off from starting any threads. you're obviously an ff rookie and don't understand how things work quite yet.

here's a tip: take the season off from starting any threads. you're obviously an ff rookie and don't understand how things work quite yet.

With a name like Admiral Awesome, who would of thought? LMAO! :banana:

Chargers coach Norv Turner says the team's next update on Ryan Mathews' ankle injury will be given Wednesday.

It'll be in the form of a practice report. Turner confirmed Mathews was "sore" Monday, but the No. 12 overall pick doesn't appear to be in danger of missing much time. Added Turner, "I’m excited to get to a game where Ryan gets 25 touches because I think he’s going to make some big things happen."

A note to all Matthews owners: DO NOT TRADE HIM, YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Just to add to this: Admiral Awesome you must be trolling. This guy when gotten the ball (aside from 2 suspect fumbles, one in the rain) has looked awesome. He is strong and fast and can make cuts.