Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

The Cowboys season is over

it isnt looking good at 1-3, but does anyone look good in this league?

if philly wins, the other 3 teams will be 3-2 with the boys only 2 back.

When you get your new coach you'd better also shop for a new QB. "Garbage stats" Romo, never saw a quintuple coverage he did not want to throw into.

Wouldn't go so far as to say the Season is over, but I think Wade's Head Coaching career is. Who's the favorite to replace him next year? In house? Or Free Agent?

I'm hoping the former just in case the 49ers are in the hunt for one as well. :unsure:

When you get your new coach you'd better also shop for a new QB. "Garbage stats" Romo, never saw a quintuple coverage he did not want to throw into.

Please explain how Romo gets "garbage stats' by throwing into "quintiple coverage", Coach Lombardi.

Please explain how Romo gets "garbage stats' by throwing into "quintiple coverage", Coach Lombardi.

Well obviously they do not use quintuple coverage throughout the whole game. They save it for last 2 minutes. Just in time for Romo to finish off a 400 yard game with a back breaking pick.

:cry:

Top 5 draft pick here we come. :clap:

I'd rather lose every game and get a top draft pick, then win 8 games, miss the playoffs, and get a craptacular draft pick.

My Cowboys aren't good enough to go to the Super Bowl obviously, so I want them to loose the rest of their games, so they can draft a player that can help us right away next season, preferably on the O-line or at safety.

So Romo collects "garbage stats" by making horrible decisions in a one score game? I'm so confused.

Your post count may be mostly made up of garbage stats.

So Romo collects "garbage stats" by making horrible decisions in a one score game? I'm so confused.

Your post count may be mostly made up of garbage stats.

was romo the one who threw that clutch 4th down and then the tying td or was he the one who drew a 15yrd penalty

which basically handed the go ahead score to the opposition?

NFL Career Passer Rating Leaders

4. Peyton Manning (33) 95.6 1998-2010 PLAYOFFS (87.6)

5. Tony Romo (29) 95.5 2004-2010 dal PLAYOFFS (80.8)

6. Tom Brady (32) 93.8 2000-2010 new PLAYOFFS (85.5)

7. Kurt Warner 93.7 1998-2009 3TM PLAYOFFS (102.8)

8. Drew Brees (30) 92.3 2001-2010 2TM PLAYOFFS (103.7)

I should add that as much I love watching the girls lose and girls fan whine, I certainly do not think they are done by a long shot in the NFC East.

NFL Career Passer Rating Leaders

4. Peyton Manning (33) 95.6 1998-2010 clt 5. Tony Romo (29) 95.5 2004-2010 dal 6. Tom Brady (32) 93.8 2000-2010 nwe 7. Kurt Warner 93.7 1998-2009 3TM 8. Drew Brees (30) 92.3 2001-2010 2TM

The difference is.... all of them in that list except for Blowmo have won a Super Bowl. LOL at the Cowboys sucking. All that supposed talent and yet they are dead last in the NFC East. I'm LOVIN it!

was romo the one who threw that clutch 4th down and then the tying td or was he the one who drew a 15yrd penalty

which basically handed the go ahead score to the opposition?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I love how the Dallas Manboy fans go into the year thinking championship and quit on their team after four games.

:lol:

Romo's like Dan Fouts. A great meaningless-game quarterback. When it's all said and done, his numbers are going to look awesome. But he's been arguably surrounded by the most talented team in the league (at the very least, a top three team) for years and has one playoff win to show for it. Dallas will always underachieve with him at the helm.

I love how the Dallas Manboy fans go into the year thinking championship and quit on their team after four games.

:lol:

I won't bail on the Cowboys. I'll still pull for them every week, but I put the odds of the wheels coming off this thing much higher than them turning it around and getting to the Super Bowl. The talent is there, but I don't think Wade is the guy to right the ship.

Thumping your chest over a playoff win is reserved for Philthy fans, the bar is a little higher here.

I won't bail on the Cowboys.

You'll just give up on the season after four games - way to hang in there, frontrunning d1ck-slit. :cheers:

Well obviously they do not use quintuple coverage throughout the whole game. They save it for last 2 minutes. Just in time for Romo to finish off a 400 yard game with a back breaking pick.

So throwing for 400 yards vs a standard defensive scheme is "garbage stats".

Gotcha

I've been a loyal fan since the Staubach/Dandy Don QB controversy, so this isn't the typical fair weather Boys fan.

It's done for this season. dry.gif

Ditto, and ditto. Tons of talent across the board and we can't seem to put it together. Wade has to go - but the season is done. :thumbsdown:

So throwing for 400 yards vs a standard defensive scheme is "garbage stats".

Gotcha

With 3 picks in a loss, yes.

2 of those picks were deflections off his own guys' hands. There was one pick that was his fault - it was ugly, and costly.

So basically, in a loss all stats are garbage stats. Gotcha. Makes some sense I guess.

So basically, in a loss all stats are garbage stats. Gotcha. Makes some sense I guess.

Not necessarily. Overinflated yard totals in a generally mediocre performance just ends up being pretty stats padding.

Interesting how some here can give up on a season after 4 games, yet defend Romo's performance. Like 1-3 had nothing to do with his play. Skins game he lost with a bonehead decision. Yesterday he throws 3 picks in final 5 drives. Against Bears he does nothing in the 2nd half. :dunno:

Nice yardage totals though.

Not necessarily. Overinflated yard totals in a generally mediocre performance just ends up being pretty stats padding.
If you watched the game, it's hard to believe Dallas lost that game - we were pretty dominant across the board. T.O.P. 36 minutes to 23, 25 first downs to 17, 7-14 on third down conversions to 4-12, 190 more yards gained. To catagorzie a performance such as his as overinflatetd and stat pad-like is a bit crazy too. Dallas was down 17-3 right off the bat. What Romo did was bring his team back and put them in a position to win.
Interesting how some here can give up on a season after 4 games,
The NFL is dreadful this year, even at 1-3 it's prolly a little early to give up. But as long as Wade and Clowny are running the show - there is little hope of things changing and turning around. 12 penalties for 133 yards is practically the norm for this team, and it's a killer.
Bears he does nothing in the 2nd half. :dunno:
Did you watch that game? Romo led 2 scoring drives in that 2nd half - also had a R.Williams fumble and a missed fg. He actually did move the ball.

I've been a loyal fan since the Staubach/Dandy Don QB controversy.

It was the Staubach/Morton controversy, wasn't it? I could be wrong.

I still remember Dandy Don always saying "They need to send GOOOOOOOOOOLDEN Richards down the middle for the score" when he was doing commentary. :thumbsup:

I still remember Dandy Don always saying "They need to send GOOOOOOOOOOLDEN Richards down the middle for the score" when he was doing commentary. :thumbsup:

I'm betting you are right and the other guy is wrong based purely on the other guy's track record.:music_guitarred:

You are correct. It was Morton and Staubach.

Seriously,

The Cowboys are too talented to keep playing like this. The offensive line and secondary are issues but I can't think of any team in football that doesn't have some shortcomings right now. They're loaded at the skill positions and that alone could and probably should get them into the playoffs. The NFC East is also a total mess and as wide open as I can remember. Any one of these four teams could win the division at 9-7 or 10-6 and once you're in the tourney you never know what's going to happen. Who else is out there? The Saints have "Super Bowl hangover" written all over them, the Packers are all kinds of beat up and have no running attack, the Vikes don't look right, etc. I'm not saying they will turn it around, but 1-3 is way too soon to start cutting bait on a team that was a preseason favorite to win the division and compete for a Super Bowl.

:cheers: