Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Anyone Else Lose Patience With A Player

I dropped Eli Manning a few weeks ago after he was the suck. Guy I played last week picked him up after I dropped him. Beat me by 20 points last week. Dropped Lee Evans after the fourth week. Guy i'm playing this week is starting him this week while most of my WR's are on a bye. We don't allow trades.

Stupidest league ever!

A bunch of guys in the league don't like change. How does your league handle trades. Maybe I can convince them.

A bunch of guys in the league don't like change. How does your league handle trades. Maybe I can convince them.

Um. Player A proposes trade to Player B. Player B accepts. Players involved in trade swap teams. :dunno:

I'm not sure what you're asking. Have you ever been in a league that has trading?

Best story I know on this subject.

For 15+ years I've played in a TD Only league with some buddies. Basically the same group with only a couple changes. We all play other leagues; this one is simple and purely for bragging rights and a little cash.

The Farmer always shows up late on draft day w/some ff magazine under his arm. 2005-06 draft night, he's got one w/ a cover devoted to Denver's Tatum Bell, their pick as stud du jour. He takes Bell with either a late first or early second round pick.

Bell has a couple big games early on, then his fumblitis and injury-prone nature take over. This is also the tail end of Shanny's RBBC, and The Farmer gets frustrated. Trades Bell 2/3 of the way through the season. Bell gets hurt again and ends up on waiver wire.

It's an antiquated league that, thankfully, has caught up with the times. Back then, the Super Bowl was week 17. The ww was open up to and including the Super Bowl, but you had a limited # of moves per season.

Farmer ends up in championship vs team that has RB's sitting out week 17, so they pick up Bell on waivers. He carries like 15 times for 50 yards.

And 3 TD.

The Farmer did not win and, as far as I'm aware, has never uttered the name Tatum Bell since.

Here in town Tatum & Bell roads intersect. We posed there for his Xmas card.

Im normally very active on waivers early in the season.. 2 years ago I lost patience with Derrick Mason (then 34 years old) over some flash in the pan. Paid for it in the regular season when he went off against me and again in the playoffs. Ever since I have a love hate relationship with him where he does nothing when I have him and goes off when Im sick of waiting. His 1000 yards and TDs taunt me at the end of the season and in draft prep. Ill be so relieved when he retires.

I dropped 85 last week only to have my opponent pick him up and start him against me. I almost lost if it had not been for some crucial plays by a few of my other players. Ended up winning the matchup something like 214-201 in points scored.

I cut Deangelo Williams in 2008 after week 4. Up until that point he had averaged 45 yards a game and had no tds. He finished with over 1,500 yards rushing and 20 total tds. Funny thing is I still won my league that season. It was a two qb league at the time and I had Manning and Brees as my qbs...

I havent had to play against him yet, but I did cut Britt after week 1. I'm still stacked at WR, But it always stings to drop a guy only to watch him go off.

I've been on both sides of it.

One guy in our league is notorious for dropping players after a couple crappy weeks. A couple of his blunders this year, dropping Steve Smith (NYG while keeping CAR one) after week 3-4, dropping McFadden about 3 weeks ago. He dropped Boldin in mid season in 2007 (I think) right before Warner was named the starter. I had just snagged Warner and grabbed Boldin as well. Had that duo in 2008 too.

I've dropped a guy or two here or there that lit it up later but the worst one I can remember was a trade. I traded Larry Johnson to the Priest Holmes owner the day before Holmes went down. I still weep bitterly over that one.

I think it was a couple of years ago - when TB WR A. Bryant WENT OFF for the year. He was SUPPOSEDLY a stop-gap player for TB, because their primary WR was injured (J. Galloway?). Well - when I heard that the primary WR was healthy, I cut A. Bryant.

I read later that week that A. Bryant would retain his starting role, because of his play... A. Bryant was "frozen" on the WW, and I was too low in the WW-order the following week to get him back.

That was the year that I think A. Bryant has some obscene 10 / 200 / at least one TD during the FF playoffs... :wall:

I havent had to play against him yet, but I did cut Britt after week 1. I'm still stacked at WR, But it always stings to drop a guy only to watch him go off.

Same here. I'm surprised the fantasy gods didn't punish me by having Britt go off the week I played against him.

I had to drop Eli on principle. Now the cack sucker is lighting it up. Still happier he just isn't on my team no matter how well he does.

The Eli hate is so undeserved. And not just here and not just in FF, but in general, it's everywhere really. If his last name wasn't Manning, he would be so much more respected.

The Eli hate is so undeserved. And not just here and not just in FF, but in general, it's everywhere really. If his last name wasn't Manning, he would be so much more respected.

Any QB that gives me a 1-point-week deserves to get cut. He is maddening inconsistant and in his best stat year last year he still had weeks of 1 td, 200 yards, and 1-3 picks with some fumbles sprinkled in. Hate the guy.

Agreed, I don't get it. He is 8th in my league in scoring and has never been lower then 12th. What more do you want from someone you could draft in the 10th round?

Last year I drafted Miles Austin as my sleeper WR and held on to him for about 4 or 5 weeks. He wasn't doing anything and I needed the roster space for BYEs. Then he blows up and someone else enjoys his production.

Last year I drafted Miles Austin as my sleeper WR and held on to him for about 4 or 5 weeks. He wasn't doing anything and I needed the roster space for BYEs. Then he blows up and someone else enjoys his production.

ew...

Any QB that gives me a 1-point-week deserves to get cut. He is maddening inconsistant and in his best stat year last year he still had weeks of 1 td, 200 yards, and 1-3 picks with some fumbles sprinkled in. Hate the guy.

I'm not sure how your scoring works, but in my league that week was worth 6.6 points. It was a bad week for sure, but other QBs owned at very high percentages have put up pretty sad totals too.

Eli - 6.6 point low

Peyton - 11.46

Palmer - 8.48

Matt Ryan - 12.58

Schaub - 5.34 (plus a 9.58 game)

Flacco - 6.86

McNabb - 10.04

Cutler - -1.02 (plus 11.24)

Sanchez- 4.76 (plus 9.54)

So I guess most the guys on this list should be dropped along with Eli....:doh:

All the time. I've gotten a reputation every week to see who I am dropping. This year I lost patience with Britt and Knox. In the past I dropped DeAngelo before he went off and the following year I dropped Stewart the same week DeAngelo got hurt.

Just my two pennies

LOL! I did the same exact thing but I did play against him last week. He put up 53 points as I lose by 68. I also traded for him in another league but didn't play him because of the bar fight.

Starting Blount as a bye week fill in against a kid who had Blount for a week or two earlier in the season. Hoping Blount helps me stomp his ass. :banana:

I almost traded him for Favre after the debacle a few weeks ago. I was lucky the guy stuck his nose up at the offer. Been doing better ever since.

I cut Deangelo Williams in 2008 after week 4. Up until that point he had averaged 45 yards a game and had no tds. He finished with over 1,500 yards rushing and 20 total tds. Funny thing is I still won my league that season. It was a two qb league at the time and I had Manning and Brees as my qbs...

I did the same thing that year, and the guy who got him beat me in the championship. I still get sick every time I think about it. Williams had done absolutely nothing in his career and nothing in the first few weeks of 2008, and then bam, #1 rb for the rest of the year.

Best story I know on this subject.

For 15+ years I've played in a TD Only league with some buddies. Basically the same group with only a couple changes. We all play other leagues; this one is simple and purely for bragging rights and a little cash.

The Farmer always shows up late on draft day w/some ff magazine under his arm. 2005-06 draft night, he's got one w/ a cover devoted to Denver's Tatum Bell, their pick as stud du jour. He takes Bell with either a late first or early second round pick.

Bell has a couple big games early on, then his fumblitis and injury-prone nature take over. This is also the tail end of Shanny's RBBC, and The Farmer gets frustrated. Trades Bell 2/3 of the way through the season. Bell gets hurt again and ends up on waiver wire.

It's an antiquated league that, thankfully, has caught up with the times. Back then, the Super Bowl was week 17. The ww was open up to and including the Super Bowl, but you had a limited # of moves per season.

Farmer ends up in championship vs team that has RB's sitting out week 17, so they pick up Bell on waivers. He carries like 15 times for 50 yards.

And 3 TD.

The Farmer did not win and, as far as I'm aware, has never uttered the name Tatum Bell since.

Here in town Tatum & Bell roads intersect. We posed there for his Xmas card.

Great story!