Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Jets @ Patriots biggest game of year

Did anyone else just hear that?? JETS have only 1 win vs team above .500 :shocking: Yes its the Patriots. But 9-2 is 9-2

ill be the first to admit, the Jets havn't beaten a bunch of quality opponents. But i don't like that stat.. the "teams above .500" stat. because its teams currently above .500. Who knows how those teams were playing earlier in the year, what teams were better early on or are better mid season. etc etc.

The Jets may have lost to Balt and GB but it was a combined 10 pts. I'm ok with that if our offense continues to gel and our defense can limit their penalties. Close losses to good teams when we didn't play well are somewhat tolerable.

Did anyone else just hear that?? JETS have only 1 win vs team above .500 :shocking: Yes its the Patriots. But 9-2 is 9-2

yup.

Meanwhile, NE has waded thru the Juggernaut that included BAL, SD, IND, PIT, and NYJ... yikes!

Kinda hard to believe that one of these teams will be the 5 seed. The loser of this game will be road favorites in the playoffs for sure.

if i had to choose between the 2 id take Crawford anyday. Gonz isn't a slouch and is a good fit for the Sox but i think he is a bit hyped.

not a ton of guys with crawfords blend of speed, average, pop and fielding.

OPS+ says that Agon is better than folks give him credit for.

Great Defensive 1b that can flat out RAKE.

Remember, he played in Petco, which is a pitchers paradise, and had weak players around him.

Crawford can steal bases, but once his speed go's he's all done because his bat is mediocre- .337 OBP, where is he gonna bat for 20 million per, 6th?

Sox already have a guy like that in Ellsbury.

Gonzo even averages more 2B than crawford, and the rest of the #'s aren't even close.

Crawford is a good player, but no way in hell he deserves more than 12 per year(and no more than 5/60), and that's being generous..

The poor slob that gives him a BIG contract is gonna get burned, and then go down in flames.

I wouldn't bet my job on him, and I like him as a player.

ill be the first to admit, the Jets havn't beaten a bunch of quality opponents. But i don't like that stat.. the "teams above .500" stat. because its teams currently above .500. Who knows how those teams were playing earlier in the year, what teams were better early on or are better mid season. etc etc.

The Jets may have lost to Balt and GB but it was a combined 10 pts. I'm ok with that if our offense continues to gel and our defense can limit their penalties. Close losses to good teams when we didn't play well are somewhat tolerable.

Yeah it doesnt mean much unless the Pats were a college team and the BS or BCS, i prefer the BS, ranked who played in the championship :thumbsdown:

OPS+ says that Agon is better than folks give him credit for.

Great Defensive 1b that can flat out RAKE.

Remember, he played in Petco, which is a pitchers paradise, and had weak players around him.

Crawford can steal bases, but once his speed go's he's all done because his bat is mediocre- .337 OBP, where is he gonna bat for 20 million per, 6th?

Sox already have a guy like that in Ellsbury.

Gonzo even averages more 2B than crawford, and the rest of the #'s aren't even close.

Crawford is a good player, but no way in hell he deserves more than 12 per year(and no more than 5/60), and that's being generous..

The poor slob that gives him a BIG contract is gonna get burned, and then go down in flames.

I wouldn't bet my job on him, and I like him as a player.

HECK yeah im with ya. Gonzalez is by far better than any free agent out there and id take him over Texeria :thumbsup:

We still need another bat. Now Theo is shopping for another bat and some bullpen help

Looks like it's a lil' windy in Foxboro this evening. Low scoring, slug it out, ugly game. I think the Pats make Sanchez beat 'em...but he can't. Pats win 13-10.

Looks like it's a lil' windy in Foxboro this evening. Low scoring, slug it out, ugly game. I think the Pats make Sanchez beat 'em...but he can't. Pats win 13-10.

Yup weather does not look good for passing and kicking :mad:

Tonight: Mostly cloudy. Scattered flurries are possible most any time. Low 26F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Yup weather does not look good for passing and kicking :mad:

Tonight: Mostly cloudy. Scattered flurries are possible most any time. Low 26F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Didn't Brady throw 6 td's in worse weather than this?

Didn't Brady throw 6 td's in worse weather than this?

That was vs Tenn not Jets defense and snow doesnt mess with ball like wind does

Does anyone know when the Jets are arriving at the stadium? :dunno:

That was vs Tenn not Jets defense and snow doesnt mess with ball like wind does

Yeah, tough time.

Tom Brady :wub:

Well i couldnt have been more wrong. :shocking: I said when Pats dumped Moss that Brady would not be a very good fantasy QB. Well yes i got that just a tad wrong :doh: I sure am glad i traded for him

Woodhead is now my #2 favorite player. Well maybe #2A or B with Welker :D

Yeah, tough time.

Well if the windy is whippin yes :nono: You know what i meant smart arse :wacko:

Tom Brady :wub:

Well i couldnt have been more wrong. :shocking: I said when Pats dumped Moss that Brady would not be a very good fantasy QB. Well yes i got that just a tad wrong :doh: I sure am glad i traded for him

Woodhead is now my #2 favorite player. Well maybe #2A or B with Welker :D

Oh man. Watching Woodhead, who the Jets stupidly cut, torch them was horrid. I love that guy.

Over rated game of the year. It was a clinic by NE, no doubt, but did not live up to the hype...but the PITT/BALT game did. :wave:

Over rated game of the year. It was a clinic by NE, no doubt, but did not live up to the hype...but the PITT/BALT game did. :wave:

NO, IT WAS SOOO BIG! :pointstosky:

yup.

Meanwhile, NE has waded thru the Juggernaut that included BAL, SD, IND, PIT, and NYJ... yikes!

There are NO juggernauts. Just teams that suck less than others. Just clarifying.

Oh man. Watching Woodhead, who the Jets stupidly cut, torch them was horrid. I love that guy.

I was sooo pissed they kept Joe McKnight over Woodhead.

Back to the Jets. Every aspect of their game plan sucked. And watching Sanchez throw the ball behind the WRs just made me sick. Rex needs a lesson on challenging plays. He sucks at it or the Stevie Wonder employee upstairs does. Just sad they got their Arses handed to them on National TV.

Back to the Jets. Every aspect of their game plan sucked. And watching Sanchez throw the ball behind the WRs just made me sick. Rex needs a lesson on challenging plays. He sucks at it or the Stevie Wonder employee upstairs does. Just sad they got their Arses handed to them on National TV.

I wasnt very impressed with Sanchez leading up to last night and man did he confirmed he is what i thought he is. Not a very good QB :thumbsdown: He maybe over time but not right now

I wasnt very impressed with Sanchez leading up to last night and man did he confirmed he is what i thought he is. Not a very good QB :thumbsdown: He maybe over time but not right now

Really? Not a very good QB? He is a starter on a team that is 9-3. IN THE FREAKING NFL! You are a good QB, if you have done this. Plus, his team went to the playoffs last year.

He is a good QB. Is he an elite QB? Or a Hall of Fame QB? No, but don't say he isn't a good QB, because whether you like it or not, he is a good one.

:nono:

Check Sanchez's ratings when the temperature is below 40 degrees. :shocking:

shockingly bad.

shockingly bad.

Could you do better??? Yeah, I didn't think so. Post another song for me!

shockingly bad.

This is true. Playing in So Cal and playing in New England in December are 2 totally different things. He wasn't sharp at all last night. The receivers didn't help him much tough. AWFUL.

Could you do better???

Good one Corky. :clap:

Really? Not a very good QB? He is a starter on a team that is 9-3. IN THE FREAKING NFL! You are a good QB, if you have done this. Plus, his team went to the playoffs last year.

He is a good QB. Is he an elite QB? Or a Hall of Fame QB? No, but don't say he isn't a good QB, because whether you like it or not, he is a good one.

:nono:

I dont care what their dam record is. He is an OK quarterback that i would not want to be my favorite teams QB how is that :dunno:

Could you do better??? Yeah, I didn't think so. Post another song for me!

May not be able to do any better but wouldnt do much worse either :thumbsup:

Yeah watching Woodhead torch us was horrible. WTF did we keep that waste of space Joe McKnight?

Ryan was terrible. The D was atrocious. Sanchez and the receivers awful. Special teams worthless. /rant

Yeah watching Woodhead torch us was horrible. WTF did we keep that waste of space Joe McKnight?

Ryan was terrible. The D was atrocious. Sanchez and the receivers awful. Special teams worthless. /rant

When Rex Ryan said the patriots had the better Coach and QB that was the understatement of the year.

Ryan really set the tone with that awful challenge, just 6 minutes into the game and then he went for it anyway? He was scared sh1tless and it showed.

When Rex Ryan said the patriots had the better Coach and QB that was the understatement of the year.

Ryan really set the tone with that awful challenge, just 6 minutes into the game and then he went for it anyway? He was scared sh1tless and it showed.

Everything was awful.

Biggest fail points for me:

That absurd challenge that we had no chance of winning, when you know we were gonna go for it anyway.

Kicking that field goal when we had no chance in hell of making it. Go for it again or punt the ball.

Down 17-0...not going for it on a 4-2 or whatever in the redzone. Fg's weren't going to win this game.

NOT challenging that Branch td. That would have been overturned.

From that point on the the team was deflated, without a chance and getting embarrassed on national tv in the biggest game of the year. It looked like we didn't want to even be there once we got behind.

AWFUL.

Everything was awful.

Biggest fail points for me:

That absurd challenge that we had no chance of winning, when you know we were gonna go for it anyway.

Kicking that field goal when we had no chance in hell of making it. Go for it again or punt the ball.

Down 17-0...not going for it on a 4-2 or whatever in the redzone. Fg's weren't going to win this game.

NOT challenging that Branch td. That would have been overturned.

From that point on the the team was deflated, without a chance and getting embarrassed on national tv in the biggest game of the year. It looked like we didn't want to even be there once we got behind.

AWFUL.

I think you meant the Tate TD, which did look like it would have been overturned. other than that all valid points.

I don't think the Tate TD would have been overturned.

Maybe not, I think it would have...I thought his shoulder landed out of bounds, but it's sure as hell a better challenge that a ###### spot call on your opening drive when you are planning on going for it anyway.

Maybe not, I think it would have...I thought his shoulder landed out of bounds, but it's sure as hell a better challenge that a ###### spot call on your opening drive when you are planning on going for it anyway.

I didn't think the TD was incontrovertible either way, so whatever they called on the field would have stood, but yeah, it absolutely would have been a better challenge than the one you mention. :thumbsup:

You could tell it was going to be a long night when Tate catches a TD on Cromartie