Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Stupid Yahoo allowing Webb as a WR in Championship game!

Yes, a yahoo league, I am not the commish and if I was, it would not be in yahoo....but that was their choice.

Money on the line and I have been kickin azz all year in a 10 team league.

Well, now I am playing in the championship and this jackazz is playing cheap by putting in Webb for a WR!

Completely ruins fantasy football when someone blatantly cheats!

He was rostered as a WR to start the year. He should be a WR in all leagues IMO. How do you change the rules as you go and feel good about it?

For the record, I think it's bullshite as well. And I have no dog in the fight (I'm not playing v. Webb in any format). But, the guy is clearly a QB in real life - how is it right to start him at WR and get QB points? It's cheap - no other way around it.

It's no better than people starting Colston at TE when he was clearly a WR and the TE designation was an error by Yahoo! Anyone in support of playing him at WR will clamor that "hey, it's what he's listed at" but it doesn't make it right. There's nothing fair about fantasy, or ethical for that matter, but I still think it's cheap.

He was picked up this week....don't play that card as it is irrelevant. He is not a WR right now and we play in the present.

You sound like one of those p*ssy whiners......

i'm going up against the guy who picked up webb as well. i'm not gonna complain. i just wish I had beaten him to it :wall:

Yes, a yahoo league, I am not the commish and if I was, it would not be in yahoo....but that was their choice.

Money on the line and I have been kickin azz all year in a 10 teamer.

Well, now I am playing in the championship and this jackazz is playing cheap by putting in Webb for a WR!

I hope one of 2 things happen.

1. I kick his azz!

2. Commish does not allow it and I kick his azz!

Cheap ######.

I'm in the title game, and although I have Webb - I'm not even sure I want to start his douche ass. I mean, A. He sucks. B. He sucks. And C. He only got a lucky TD otherwise 3 pts.

I'd rather take my chance on say....a Jacoby Ford (since Rice is worthless)

Not sure how I want to play it yet.

You're going to pound a guy? Good luck with that.

PLAYING HIM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

KICKING HIS BUT IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. I HOPE...

YOU CAN SEE ME TEAM IS IN THE SIGNATURE.

SOME OF HIS GUYS ARE

PEYTON

R RICE

JENNINGS

I hope to God that my opponent in the Championship game grabs Joe Webb and starts him against Philadelphia (most interceptions in the league, 10th most sacks)

And if Joe Webb goes out and throws three picks and gets sacked for a total loss of 20 yards, you're going to argue that his negative points for your opponent don't count?

And if Joe Webb goes out and throws three picks and gets sacked for a total loss of 20 yards, you're going to argue that his negative points for your opponent don't count?

That is a question that should not even be answered. My point is it should not be allowed in the first place. If he gets negative points after the fact, I am supposed to let them have it both ways? I think it is cheap..

Try again.

Facts people----

Webb is a rookie who was drafted to be a WR.

Webb practiced as a WR all season.

Like many WRs, Webb also learned how to return kicks and did so in a regular season game.

Webb has never started an NFL game at QB.

Webb was forced into action as a QB in two games where the TOP TWO QBs were injured.

Heading into this weeks game, Webb is still a backup WR.

Webb will probably record forty-six fantasy points this week. :overhead:

The true stupidity here is NOT in Yahoo, but in the OP.

How is playing Webb at WR cheap? That is how he was listed at the start of the season. That is how he should end the season. You do NOT change the rules or players position mid-season.

You think the commish should not allow it? Tell ya what, IF your commish is as much a little girl as you and blocks a team from managing their team within the rules, I'd flat drop my whole team and walk away from the league. Just because you cry the most, doesn't mean you get your way. Classic 5-year old mentality.

Who are you to decide what valid comments others make are relevant or irrelevant? Oh, I forgot...YOU are the judge and juror as to what should or shouldn't be allowed as it pertains to you.

We play in the present? Yes. We also play within the rules and don't try to change them when it suits us.

I am sure this thread should be one that I should not even answer, especially in ALL CAPS, but anyway.

How again is playing within the rules cheap or bending of the rules? Oh yeah, because your cried so!

I think this thread and your crying shows what kind of friend YOU are and what kind of person YOU are. Try again.

As for me, I hope for nothing more than to see Webb toss for about 300 yards and 2 TDs and run for another 50 and a TD. I will watch and hope and pray that he does!

That is a question that should not even be answered. My point is it should not be allowed in the first place. If he gets negative points after the fact, I am supposed to let them have it both ways? I think it is cheap and bending the rules which when done in a league with friends shows what kind of person you are.

Try again.

I think your only options are to hold your breath until you turn blue, or possibly to take your ball and your bat and go home.

The guy qualifies at WR. So there's nothing "bending the rules" about playing him at WR. Learn to live with the disappointment.

I have a feeling he gets benched for Ramsey, either before the game or during. The guy has athleticism, but he is just plain lost. He is not an NFL quarterback, or even backup for that matter.

Did I miss something? Concussion for Favre, yes, but I would think Favre will play next week.

Did I miss something? Concussion for Favre, yes, but I would think Favre will play next week.

But Joe Webb is gonna get QB pts!!!! It aint fair!!!!!! They took our jerbs!!!!!!

The true stupidity here is NOT in Yahoo, but in the OP.

How is playing Webb at WR cheap? That is how he was listed at the start of the season. That is how he should end the season. You do NOT change the rules or players position mid-season.

You think the commish should not allow it? Tell ya what, IF your commish is as much a little girl as you and blocks a team from managing their team within the rules, I'd flat drop my whole team and walk away from the league. Just because you cry the most, doesn't mean you get your way. Classic 5-year old mentality.

Who are you to decide what valid comments others make are relevant or irrelevant? Oh, I forgot...YOU are the judge and juror as to what should or shouldn't be allowed as it pertains to you.

We play in the present? Yes. We also play within the rules and don't try to change them when it suits us.

I am sure this thread should be one that I should not even answer, especially in ALL CAPS, but anyway.

How again is playing within the rules cheap or bending of the rules? Oh yeah, because your cried so!

I think this thread and your crying shows what kind of friend YOU are and what kind of person YOU are. Try again.

As for me, I hope for nothing more than to see Webb toss for about 300 yards and 2 TDs and run for another 50 and a TD. I will watch and hope and pray that he does!

A WR spot is for an actual WR. He is not a WR. You seem to be overlooking that important fact. It is more about winning than having a higher standard as the fact is clear. Webb is not a WR, he is a QB...so you can only play him as a QB. PERIOD!

I think your only options are to hold your breath until you turn blue, or possibly to take your ball and your bat and go home.

The guy qualifies at WR. So there's nothing "bending the rules" about playing him at WR. Learn to live with the disappointment.

He is not a WR. What don't you understand?

He was a QB in college.....and now a QB in the NFL.

Hey maybe the Patriots can say at the beginning of next year that Tom Brady is gonna play WR so he can play WR in fantasy leagues! How cool would that be!?

How about Vick at Running Back?

A WR spot is for an actual WR. He is not a WR. You seem to be overlooking that important fact. Rules and Laws change everyday to uphold integrity in our world for people just like you. I would not trust you, as people who think this way have no integrity, it is more about winning than having a higher standard as the fact is clear. Webb is not a WR, he is a QB...so you can only play him as a QB. PERIOD!

I'm gonna reply just because it's funny as all get out watching your hamster run off the wheel!

He is not a WR? That's how (or why) they brought him into camp. It's QB now because he played that in college, has a good arm, and they have no one else. If they did, he'd be a WR, on the bench. You seem to be overlooking that important fact. But then, I suspect you overlook a LOT of facts when they don't suit you. Rules and laws change everyday? Well, not exactly and we don't often change the rules (or laws) and hold people accountable to those changes until they are in place. In other words, if you act today according to the law and tomorrow we change the law, we don't say, "well, now you broke the law yesterday!" Can you grasp that? Gather yourself together and get that hamster back running!

You don't trust me? Ouch!

I have no integrity? Hello Mr. Pot!

You say that others are more concerned with winning than having a higher standard? LOL Dude, ALL you care about here is winning! That's why you're having a hissy fit. Because you think you might lose if the other team is allowed to play.

One last thing, what are your thoughts on Marques Colston? WR or TE? What about Danny Woodhead? RB or WR?

waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

you should have picked him up instead of bitching about it, as a matter of fact Webb was discussed on this site, about 2 days before it was made public on rotoworld or yahoo

also if you use other sites, for example in Fanball and Myfantasyleague, Webb was a WR all year, and changed to a QB for this week, those sites do not allow multi-position players

Has Webb ever taken a snap at WR??

He was a QB in college.....and now a QB in the NFL.

Hey maybe the Patriots can say at the beginning of next year that Tom Brady is gonna play WR so he can play WR in fantasy leagues! How cool would that be!?

In 2007 he started 7 games at WR for UAB. He had 30 receptions for 459 yards and 3 touchdowns that season.

He was not invited to the NFL combine. He did work out as a wide receiver at UAB pro day, Webb turned in numbers that would have bested the cream of the rookie crop at the combine. His vertical jump of 42.5 inches was better than any turned in by a receiver in Indy. His long jump of 11 feet, 5.5 inches also would have led the way. Webb's bench press—21 reps at 225 pounds—was the best at his position. Only one other receiver managed 20 reps at the same weight, according to UAB athletic department. Webb also ran the 40 yard dash in a fast 4.43 seconds

On April 24, 2010, Webb was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings 199th overall in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He was originally drafted as a WR prospect, but former head coach Brad Childress announced that he will play QB exclusively for the Minnesota Vikings.

This last statement is where your argument has credibility. He was drafted as a WR, and that is why Yahoo gave him the WR distinction. But PRIOR to the season, Childress did announce Webb would play QB and be the 3rd string QB. So I'm not sure why the WR label was kept. In my league I picked Webb up last week just to make sure none of my opponents did. I personally wouldn't feel right playing him at WR though, so I understand your point.

I personally wouldn't sweat it though because I don't think the guy has a whole lot of upside, and it's not even a given he starts this week.

He is not a WR. What don't you understand? Should I paint a picture for you? Is it beyond your mental capacity to understand the facts?

How hard, exactly, is it to understand that if the guy qualifies at a position in your league, then there's nothing wrong with playing him at that position? Is that beyond your emotional maturity to handle? Or would you rather just whine and stomp your feet? (Never mind. I can probably guess the answer to that).

This same situation happened in my league (and probably almost every Yahoo! league) and nobody whined about it. It's a competitive league, there's money on the line, we're all friends -- nobody said a word when one of the guys picked up Webb to use as a WR in the semifinals. Because there's nothing to say. No one's cheating. It's a desperation play -- and a pretty silly one, I think -- but whatever.

Every year in baseball there are guys who qualify at positions they don't actually play. It's part of the game.

This last statement is where your argument has credibility. He was drafted as a WR, and that is why Yahoo gave him the WR distinction. But PRIOR to the season, Childress did announce Webb would play QB and be the 3rd string QB. So I'm not sure why the WR label was kept. In my league I picked Webb up last week just to make sure none of my opponents did. I personally wouldn't feel right playing him at WR though, so I understand your point.

Wonder why You wouldn't feel right, same reason I wouldn't. Amazing why so many others do not feel this way.

It's a desperation play -- and a pretty silly one, I think -- but whatever.

Maybe you should think why you think it is a silly desperation play? Maybe because he is not a WR?

Everyone has a different upbringing.

Nice. I love it when a debator starts feeling cornered and the cat claws come out.

*goes to get his popcorn*

You are all morons.

I went to school in Minnesota and still watch every Vikes game, as I am pretty good friends with a few of the players on the team.

Joe Webb - drafted to be a WR, but ended up being the emergency #3 QB because he impressed there in preseason. In week 13 against Buffalo, PLAYED WR IN THE GAME ALONGSIDE BRETT FAVRE AS A WIDE RECEIVER!!!!!

In principle it's the same as a team having a guy like Antwan Randle El or someone else as their emergency QB who is actually a WR. In the Vikings case, Webb is the QB only because of Favre/Jackson's injuries. He should still be eligible for

You say that others are more concerned with winning than having a higher standard? LOL Dude, ALL you care about here is winning! That's why you're having a hissy fit. Because you think you might lose if the other team is allowed to play.

One last thing, what are your thoughts on Marques Colston? WR or TE? What about Danny Woodhead? RB or WR?

More concerned about winning then playing respectable? Finding a hole in the system and exploiting it is the issue. Colston was not a TE and that was a huge discussion that I felt the same way about. Obviously you remember it. If it was no big deal people would not even remember it.

Woodhead is a WR/RB. That is exactly what he plays. Your point is??

You are all morons.

I went to school in Minnesota and still watch every Vikes game, as I am pretty good friends with a few of the players on the team.

Joe Webb - drafted to be a WR, but ended up being the emergency #3 QB because he impressed there in preseason. In week 13 against Buffalo, PLAYED WR IN THE GAME ALONGSIDE BRETT FAVRE AS A WIDE RECEIVER!!!!!

In principle it's the same as a team having a guy like Antwan Randle El or someone else as their emergency QB who is actually a WR. In the Vikings case, Webb is the QB only because of Favre/Jackson's injuries. He should still be eligible for

Im pretty sure Julian Edelman has served as the Patriots emergency Qb at times also. maybe Yahoo should disallow him to be used as a WR also.

Woodhead is a WR/RB. That is exactly what he plays. Your point is??

You are such a focking tool. So now you are saying that RB's who split out wide should be RB/WRs. That would be ridiculous and would allow a ton of RBs to play WR.

Also you seem to be saying that if a RB lines up at QB....well that is "exactly what he plays"....so I guess all those guys are now QB/RBs.

Your arguments are so sad. Really.

A golden rule of Fantasy Football is "you don't change the rules once play has begun". Yet you think the rules should be changed just for you....because your Speeeeeeeecial.....and your mommmy told you so.

Sheesh! Also, Merry Christmas! :cheers:

What kind of league requires positions?

I'm starting Chargers Defense at QB, Rob Bironas at RB, Jacob Tamme at RB, Rex Grossman at WR, and Ronnie Brown at WR and my kicker is Michael Vick.

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

A WR spot is for an actual WR. He is not a WR. You seem to be overlooking that important fact. Rules and Laws change everyday to uphold integrity in our world for people just like you. I would not trust you, as people who think this way have no integrity, it is more about winning than having a higher standard as the fact is clear. Webb is not a WR, he is a QB...so you can only play him as a QB. PERIOD!

Woodhead isn't a WR and people have been playing him there all year. Where was your whambulance back then? Oh yah... you're in THE CHAMPIONSHIPS now.

FFS man... sack up.

You are such a focking tool. So now you are saying that RB's who split out wide should be RB/WRs. That would be ridiculous and would allow a ton of RBs to play WR.

Also you seem to be saying that if a RB lines up at QB....well that is "exactly what he plays"....so I guess all those guys are now QB/RBs.

Your arguments are so sad. Really.

A golden rule of Fantasy Football is "you don't change the rules once play has begun". Yet you think the rules should be changed just for you....because your Speeeeeeeecial.....and your mommmy told you so.

Sheesh! Also, Merry Christmas! :cheers:

+1

Im pretty sure Julian Edelman has served as the Patriots emergency Qb at times also. maybe Yahoo should disallow him to be used as a WR also.

Ronnie Brown, McFadden and all the other wildcat guys too. They should all be QB only.

Maybe you should think why you think it is a silly desperation play? Maybe because he is not a WR?

I think it's a silly desperation play because I think Webb is just as likely to fumble twice and throw three picks as he is to do anything else. I'd have to be in really bad shape to think about playing him at any position.

Ronnie Brown, McFadden and all the other wildcat guys too. They should all be QB only.

Agreed. And Dan Connoly too. That guy has skillz, and its only a matter of time before the Patriots are using him on goal line situations. Better legislate that now, so there is no confusion later.

Crying about it won't change a thing. If he is eligible to play that position then let him play it. Questioning somebody's character because of this? I just heard Keyshawn Johnson say "COME ON, MAN!!!"

Crying about it won't change a thing. If he is eligible to play that position then let him play it. Questioning somebody's character because of this? I just heard Keyshawn Johnson say "COME ON, MAN!!!"

Its all about upbringing. The OP was just brought up better than the rest of us.