Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Stupid Yahoo allowing Webb as a WR in Championship game!

Therefore, if you chose to play Webb at a WR to win in FF...YOUR PROBABLY ALREADY A JACKAZZ BUT NOW EVERYONE PRETTY MUCH KNOWS IT! :overhead:

I think that is the bottom line.

And if you feel the need to type in all capital letters and misspell the word Jackass, then, no probably about it, you are a jackass and have proven it.

I do not know the answer to your first question. If anyone could chime in, it would be appreciated.

I don't think you should continue to change a players position eligibility status once the season starts. BUT Joe Webb has been a QUARTERBACK since the end of mini camp. This is back in late May/early June. The only reason he was even considered a WR this season is because scouts and talent evaluators thought his best chance to play in the NFL was at WR. But from the start of training camp, the Vikings viewed him as a QB. He made the team as the Vikings 3rd string QB. He's only practiced as a QB. In this instance I think his position should of only been QB from the beginning of the season.

This multi position problem only occurs with off the radar players and late round rookies. These aren't players being drafted in fantasy leagues. They are players who become relevant as the season progresses. Even Marques Colston in 2006. Again, talent evaluators thought his size and hands were better suited at TE. But from the beginning of camp, he impressed at WR. He impressed so much in the preseason that the Saints felt they could trade Donte Stallworth to the Eagles. Marques Colston was never a TE on the Saints roster. Again, I think Yahoo could of got this right long before the season started. Just my opinion. I'm not trying to bash Yahoo. I play on there for most of my leagues. I just think in this case they could do a better job of monitoring these situations.

For the most part, i agree with you. I just figure from Yahoo's perspective is that its easier to weather this storm now, than to set a precedent, and have people up in arms every time a guy plays multiple positions. For the most part, the outrage most people are showing is just hilarious and its the only reason im even participating in this conversation. :cheers:

Well,

I guess it comes down to these facts.

Joe Webb is currently a starting QB for the Vikes.

Joe Webb tried to just make an NFL team and was willing to play any position to do so, including WR.

Many feel that a friendly game is also no holds barred and anything goes.

Many also feel that it is better to have a higher standard and use their own ethics and standards as to how they play the game.

Playing Joe Webb as a WR is considered an unfair advantage by many, which if you respect your fellow FF teams, you would not do it. If you chose to, you will be viewed in a negative way by many.....

Therefore, if you chose to play Webb at a WR to win in FF...YOUR PROBABLY ALREADY A JACKAZZ BUT NOW EVERYONE PRETTY MUCH KNOWS IT! :overhead:

I think that is the bottom line.

Right :rolleyes: ....... friendly game of FF for 1000.00?

Win.... within the rules.... just win, BABY!

For the most part, i agree with you. I just figure from Yahoo's perspective is that its easier to weather this storm now, than to set a precedent, and have people up in arms every time a guy plays multiple positions. For the most part, the outrage most people are showing is just hilarious and its the only reason im even participating in this conversation. :cheers:

I agree. Joe Webb is being incredibly overhyped. But we all need something to talk about I guess...

On a side note from the discussion, what's the outlook for Webb for this upcoming weeekend? I went on a trip this past weekend so I didn't get to see the game and was just wondering how he looked during the game. The Eagles don't have the highest ranked defense and if I'm not mistaken they've had quite a few injuries recently (just going off the top of my head). So, does he have a decent chance to put up any numbers (I'm having some WR problems)?

On a side note from the discussion, what's the outlook for Webb for this upcoming weeekend? I went on a trip this past weekend so I didn't get to see the game and was just wondering how he looked during the game. The Eagles don't have the highest ranked defense and if I'm not mistaken they've had quite a few injuries recently (just going off the top of my head). So, does he have a decent chance to put up any numbers (I'm having some WR problems)?

Andy Behrens on Yahoo! pretty much sums up what I was thinking about Webb:

"Well, we finally got an extended look at Joe Webb, and he was mostly awful. The touchdown run was obviously nice, as Chicago's linebackers badly misjudged Webb's speed on the play. The rookie also had a nifty improvised late completion to Greg Camarillo(notes), after escaping pressure. But on way too many plays, Webb risked turnovers. His fantasy owners caught a break in the fourth quarter, when the game's outcome was decided and the Bears seemed content to allow yards, as long as the clock kept ticking. If Brett Favre(notes) (concussion) can't return to face the Eagles, then Webb seems like a lock for, say, three INTs and a fumble (or three)."

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Early-Position-Ranks-Championship-Week?urn=fantasy-299378

"Well, we finally got an extended look at Joe Webb, and he was mostly awful. The touchdown run was obviously nice, as Chicago's linebackers badly misjudged Webb's speed on the play. The rookie also had a nifty improvised late completion to Greg Camarillo(notes), after escaping pressure. But on way too many plays, Webb risked turnovers. His fantasy owners caught a break in the fourth quarter, when the game's outcome was decided and the Bears seemed content to allow yards, as long as the clock kept ticking. If Brett Favre(notes) (concussion) can't return to face the Eagles, then Webb seems like a lock for, say, three INTs and a fumble (or three)."

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Early-Position-Ranks-Championship-Week?urn=fantasy-299378

It makes Sydney Rice look even worse. Glad I cut Rice.

Behrens is just trying to save face for Yahoo.

Webb is the perfect blend of Culpepper and Vick. Size and athleticism. He will certainly decide Fantasy Championships. :headbanger:

For the most part, the outrage most people are showing is just hilarious and its the only reason im even participating in this conversation. :cheers:

My grampappy won his ff championship back in '71 staring Blanda at kicker. No one complained about it then. :rolleyes:

My grampappy won his ff championship back in '71 staring Blanda at kicker. No one complained about it then. :rolleyes:

Okay, I laughed at that one...and many other posts.

I am certainly enjoying the debate. I completely disregard the quit crying statements as I really do not give a shiet!

I think that this is one of the biggest fantasy debates of the year as this is a FF website and this is certainly a situation where it is a divided opinion...as my poll stated a 55 to 45 split.

I would actually like to hear what Mike (FFTODAY) has to say about this but have not seen him for quite a while....

Anyhow....for many of you that say Webb is no biggie because he won't do anything....well

It certainly will be interesting this week if he does play, throws say 2td's and runs one in with 250 total yards.

Webb wins championships for many FF teams and then...

I would like to hear what people really think then.

When people knowingly played 2QB's to gain an unfair advantage and win.

Really it is a sad situation. If you think it is okay, just think about this....

If even 40% of the people think it is not right, does that not say something to you? Hey, maybe this is not right...maybe I am ruining our fantasy league?

It is supposed to be fun.

I think that this is one of the biggest fantasy debates of the year.

That you think think this is a big debate and the rest of us think it (and by it I mean you) is a big joke, says it all.

That you think think this is a big debate and the rest of us think it (and by it I mean you) is a big joke, says it all.

Law,

Save it. Your negativity and anger toward this forum and life in general are not appreciated nor desired....

Just reflect...how many times have you actually typed "who cares...or "we" (speak for yourself) don't care"

how about just not saying anything at all...because that is what you just typed...nothing.

I will say that you have to be a real jerkoff to play 2 QBs especially in the fantasy championship game. And if you are a commish who will let this happen in your league you should resign or be stripped of your duties.

If I am in a league where this is allowed, this would be the last game I play in that league.

What world do you live in to think it is fair to play 2 QBs just cause a website didn't know how to list him at the beginning of the year.

Bush league

It certainly will be interesting this week if he does play, throws say 2td's and runs one in with 250 total yards.

I think the 250 yards is a huge stretch, but Webb is always a threat to run one in. And I can definitely see him throwing 2 TDs.

One to Asante Samuel and one to Quintin Mikell.

Oh man!

If "someone" didn't need a beer before.....

Let the meltdown commence!

:cheers:

What world do you live in to think it is fair to play 2 QBs just cause a website didn't know how to list him at the beginning of the year.

Bush league

+1

Joe Webb has been a QB since June. The guy reported to training camp as a quarterback. He played the entire preseason as a quarterback. And the week 1 Vikings depth chart had him as quarterback. I don't care what the Yahoo! rules are, playing him as a WR is a pansy, lame, underhanded, jackass move, ESPECIALLY in the championship game.

Note: I am not playing against Joe Webb in my championship game.

+1

Joe Webb has been a QB since June. The guy reported to training camp as a quarterback. He played the entire preseason as a quarterback. And the week 1 Vikings depth chart had him as quarterback. I don't care what the Yahoo! rules are, playing him as a WR is a pansy, lame, underhanded, jackass move, ESPECIALLY in the championship game.

Note: I am not playing against Joe Webb in my championship game.

You must not play fantasy baseball, because this happens a lot.

I don't see how fantasy baseball is relevant to the discussion?

Not sure if that's a smart ass comment or you really don't know. There are numerous players who are eligible at a position they no longer play simply because they played it the year before or for 5 games earlier in the season. It happens there. It is happening in football and there is all this outrage. If you played fantasy baseball, it wouldn't be as big a deal. You'd be used to it.

Not sure if that's a smart ass comment or you really don't know. There are numerous players who are eligible at a position they no longer play simply because they played it the year before or for 5 games earlier in the season. It happens there. It is happening in football and there is all this outrage. If you played fantasy baseball, it wouldn't be as big a deal. You'd be used to it.

Not a smart ass comment. I've never played fantasy baseball. But it's obvious to me that baseball and football are very different sports. Changes between starting QB and another skill position are incredibly rare in the NFL, and the distinction has a huge impact on fantasy scoring. I don't know if it's the same in baseball or not.

Either way, "it sucks even worse in fantasy baseball" isn't really a satisfying answer. They guy was the starting QB, has been on the depth chart as QB all season, and has never caught a pass in the NFL. In fact the last time he played WR was in 2007. I would think it should be really obvious why it's unfair to play him at WR, but apparently it's not.

So I will spell it out: it is unfair to play him at WR because he is obviously not a WR. At all. One time some guy in the Vikings organization thought maybe he could play WR. But that never happened.

Ochocinco kicked an extra point in a preseason game one time, should he have been eligible to play in the Kicker slot that year?

I won with Joe Webb too, and feel pretty damn good about it. I see it as no different as being the first to the waiver wire in the middle of the week after hearing that a RB will be out with an injury. Many times leagues are won by those who are just quicker to act on new info...this falls into that category.

:overhead:

Joe Webb won me a championship. :first:

me too. him turning into a legit NFL QB and actually moving the ball and eating clock and all that junk kept mike vivk off the field just enough that i squeaked out a win.

Not a smart ass comment. I've never played fantasy baseball. But it's obvious to me that baseball and football are very different sports. Changes between starting QB and another skill position are incredibly rare in the NFL, and the distinction has a huge impact on fantasy scoring. I don't know if it's the same in baseball or not.

Either way, "it sucks even worse in fantasy baseball" isn't really a satisfying answer. They guy was the starting QB, has been on the depth chart as QB all season, and has never caught a pass in the NFL. In fact the last time he played WR was in 2007. I would think it should be really obvious why it's unfair to play him at WR, but apparently it's not.

So I will spell it out: it is unfair to play him at WR because he is obviously not a WR. At all. One time some guy in the Vikings organization thought maybe he could play WR. But that never happened.

Ochocinco kicked an extra point in a preseason game one time, should he have been eligible to play in the Kicker slot that year?

Yell at Yahoo. Not me or the other people who operated within the rules (and did it before someone else did).

He's been WR eligible all year and no one gave two focks. People who cry about things only when it starts to effect them were just raised differently than the rest of us.

It never affected me, I picked him up as a defensive move as soon as I heard about it. Just voicing my opinion that it is a lame move to start 2 QBs like that just because Yahoo screwed up.

No, but he gets credit for that extra point doesn't he! Same as he'd get points for throwing a TD pass or making a tackle. As for the argument that football isn't the same as baseball with players changing position, I think if you'll notice, football is very much changing to a sport that will utilize utility players that can and will play multiple positions. How will they be listed and scored? I think some here will absolutely blow a gasket!

First, Yahoo should have changed Webb to a QB way back when. But they didn't. And those who use Yahoo likely made the decision to use Yahoo without a gun put to their head. It is what it is. And you get what you pay for.

We probably are going to see the position evolve. In the 1930s, quarterback referred to a player's location in the backfield, not his role. Plays were designed for any of four players - the QB (who was a quarter of the way back) two HBs (who were half-way back) and a FB (who, amazingly was all the way back) to run, catch, kick or pass the ball.

It evolved into what we have today. And it's still evolving. In a decade we might be drafting X-backs or something. And drop-kickers will go in the first round. Who knows?

Webb was apparently carried as a WR by Yahoo all season. Nobody seemed to care or notice until last week. About 15 weeks too late. Just like the complaining.

Please return to this thread to tell us all you lost justforbeer! We're all on pins and needles waiting for your epic fail!

PS. What's your address, so I can punch you in the face in front of your family?

Please return to this thread to tell us all you lost justforbeer! We're all on pins and needles waiting for your epic fail!

PS. What's your address, so I can punch you in the face in front of your family?

+1

:thumbsup:

It was a sad day in Fantasy Football to see Joe Webb create a huge mess in fantasy football.

He scored approx 20 points on Tuesday which is well above the normal for a wr to score.

As the poll shows, nearly half of the people think he should not be able to play as a WR.

Just because you can do it...does not mean it is okay. Sadly 50% of the people think that since they can play Webb as a WR it is okay.

But it isn't and Playing 2 QB's is not only poor sportsmanship but it is simply a move that disregards fair play. That is a huge issue and is very sad.

If you did it. You cheated a win and you cheated yourself out of truly winning and you may have won a few bucks but you lost respect of fellow fantasy players.

If nothing else, jfb cracks me up!

I have NEVER heard anyone talk (or post) with such a high-and-mighty, holier-than-thou, "despite what you might think for yourself, I know better what's best for you" attitude than this guy!

AND I'm a lawyer and deal with this mentality ALL day long!

It roons my faith in the moral fabric of society that more people believe this is a valid move. I'd rather lose with dignity than win cheaply and by scamming. You can justify it to yourself all you want "it was within the framework of the rules", "if I didn't than someone else would have", "yada yada yada". You are still a cheap player that I would immediately kick out of my league, although I would never have allowed this in my league under any circumstances to begin with. And for the record, I am on CBS so it wasnt an issue and I won my league because I drafted the best team and not because of a sh!ty cheap ass play. Stop being punks and play fair. You roon the integrity of your league. Bums!

It roons my faith in the moral fabric of society that more people believe this is a valid move. I'd rather lose with dignity than win cheaply and by scamming. You can justify it to yourself all you want "it was within the framework of the rules", "if I didn't than someone else would have", "yada yada yada". You are still a cheap player that I would immediately kick out of my league, although I would never have allowed this in my league under any circumstances to begin with. And for the record, I am on CBS so it wasn’t an issue and I won my league because I drafted the best team and not because of a sh!ty cheap ass play. Stop being punks and play fair. You roon the integrity of your league. Bums!

well put all the way around.

If you needed to play 2 QBs to win your fantasy championship....

1) your team sucked and had no valid WR to play

and

2) played in a stupid Yahoo league with no commish (which means it's a free league that is even more cheezy to need to cheat in one of those)

Congrats all those who needed to start 2 QBs to win their free Yahoo league.....awesome move fellas.

AND I'm a lawyer and deal with this mentality ALL day long!

You are a lawyer? Yikes.

You are a lawyer? HA! Well that says it all. Always thought you were a ######, but now it is confirmed!

I see you living in a world where lying, cheating and creating fabrications to get your way is a way of life.

True scum of the earth.....

Don't get me wrong...there are a few that are decent, but most are not.

The exception that proves the rule. :thumbsdown:

It roons my faith in the moral fabric of society that more people believe this is a valid move. I'd rather lose with dignity than win cheaply and by scamming. You can justify it to yourself all you want "it was within the framework of the rules", "if I didn't than someone else would have", "yada yada yada". You are still a cheap player that I would immediately kick out of my league, although I would never have allowed this in my league under any circumstances to begin with. And for the record, I am on CBS so it wasn’t an issue and I won my league because I drafted the best team and not because of a sh!ty cheap ass play. Stop being punks and play fair. You roon the integrity of your league. Bums!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.

Vince Lombardi

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.

Vince Lombardi

The object is to win fairly, by the rules but to win. - Vince Lombardi

Nice try winner. :thumbsdown: