Sign in to follow this  
ICEMAN

Best Case Scenario for your team

Let's start a threat and list our "Best Case Scenario" for the teams that we all follow. Trades are welcome!

New England Patriots

1:17

Cameron Jordan, DE, California

1:28

Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

2:1

Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

(Plan B = Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois)

(Plan C = Trade pick for someone's first round pick next year and perpetuate the muti-first round picks thing that the Pats have goin' on.)

ICEMAN

Best case scenario? We trade all our picks and our special teamers/3rd stringers until we have secured the all of top 32 draft picks at seemingly no cost.

:pointstosky:

i would like to see the Jets trade back with a team that wants back into round 1 for a QB.

pick up and extra draft choice along the way and have a wilkerson/taylor/houston/reed/ayers/austin type player last until early round 2. Jets need to draft front 7 help.

if no trade, any of those mentioned players will do at 30

Tennessee receives all players from 8-32. That's about the only way there is hope this year. The defense absolutely blows and we need help across the entire defensive board. In addition, we don't have a qb, our #1 WR in Britt will be suspended, and the o-line can't make a hole for CJ2K to run through. Other than that Bironas is rock solid. We can build our team around the feakin' kicker :dunno:

Would love for Mike Pouncey to fall to the Steelers. The Pouncey twins side by side for the next 7-9 years would be a great start to a great O-line.

Best case scenario for the eagles...a lockout is lifted and player trades are allowed prior to the draft. Kolb can be used to draw a potential first rounder this season.

We draft pouncey and jimmy smith shoring up two glaring holes. I'd also love to see clay mathews brother drafted in the third round getting us three players who could instantly play and make a difference.

Best case scenario, Carolina Panthers:

Jerry Richardson's new heart gives out, and Marty Hurney gets shived like Brandon Marshall so they are incapable of focking up another draft. Then Bill Polian comes back to CAR to rebuild the team from the ground up w/o a cheap-arse owner.

Tennessee receives all players from 8-32. That's about the only way there is hope this year. The defense absolutely blows and we need help across the entire defensive board. In addition, we don't have a qb, our #1 WR in Britt will be suspended, and the o-line can't make a hole for CJ2K to run through. Other than that Bironas is rock solid. We can build our team around the feakin' kicker :dunno:

Joco, CAR plays TEN this year - i bet my team can out-suck your team both in the draft AND on the field!

Joco, CAR plays TEN this year - i bet my team can out-suck your team both in the draft AND on the field!

Isn't it at Carolina? You'll be a 14 point favorite :wall:

Best case scenario for the Eagles - sign Awesome-Wah as a free agent and draft Gabe Carimi in the first. Either that or deal Kolb to the Cardinals for a first round pick swap and draft Patrick Peterson, if possible move back into the lower first for the best possible offensive lineman.

OK, here's what I got for the Pats:

1.17: DE/OLB Aldon Smith; I know he's a bit of a risk, but he's a relentless pass rusher which is what the Pats need

1.28: DE Cameron Heyward; Probably my second-favorite of the five technique DEs, behind Cam Jordan.

2.1 (33rd overall): Trade for 2012 first round pick & 2011 4th/5th rounder (if not traded, take CB Ras-I Dowling)

2.28 (60th overall): OT Marcus Cannon or OT Orlando Franklin; Guys that could step in immediately at guard or take over at RT if Light leaves and Vollmer moves over to LT

Isn't it at Carolina? You'll be a 14 point favorite :wall:

it is in Carolina this year, but CAR couldn't even score 14 last year - so i don't see us even being a 3 point favorite over anyone...

it is in Carolina this year, but CAR couldn't even score 14 last year - so i don't see us even being a 3 point favorite over anyone...

Ah, you see, this is where Cam Newton will at least move the chains :doublethumbsup:

49ers

1st Round: Patrick Peterson

2nd Round: Andy Dalton

2nd Round: Trade Up for a Pass Rush OLB - like Sam Acho.

4th Round: Nose Tackle

Whatever's Left From Trade: Blocking FB - Maercic / Sherman

Sam Acho is going to be good. I can't understand why this guy isn't getting more love. Sure he is a tad short for the position (6'1 1/2" I believe) but he looks pretty darn good on tape and his combine numbers were up there as well. This guy is going to be a steal for whoever lands him in the late-2nd or 3rd round.

49ers

1st Round: Patrick Peterson

2nd Round: Andy Dalton

2nd Round: Trade Up for a Pass Rush OLB - like Sam Acho.

4th Round: Nose Tackle

Whatever's Left From Trade: Blocking FB

Co-sign

Skins:

Pick 10 - Julio Jones or Robert Quinn

Pick 41 - Jake Locker or Ryan Mallett

Pick 144 - Zach Hurd OL UConn

Trade 155 for Steve Slaton

Best case scenario for the Eagles - sign Awesome-Wah as a free agent and draft Gabe Carimi in the first. Either that or deal Kolb to the Cardinals for a first round pick swap and draft Patrick Peterson, if possible move back into the lower first for the best possible offensive lineman.

Can't see iggles locking all that cash at CB - Samuels is expensive

Can't see iggles locking all that cash at CB - Samuels is expensive

CB is by far the Eagles biggest need and the pass D was dreadful last year. Other than the OL the biggest need is at cornerback.

CB is by far the Eagles biggest need and the pass D was dreadful last year. Other than the OL the biggest need is at cornerback.

re read this please. :thumbsup:

Titans

I'll give you best case, likely, and the I'm not a fan anymore scenarios.

Best case: We get Patrick Peterson at 8, and fill defensive holes in the later rounds. We suck horribly next year and get Andrew Luck next year, and go on into the golden age of Tennessee Titans football.

Likely (good)- We get Fairley at 8, trade back in to the first and get Locker in the 20's

Likely (bad) - We take Locker at 8.

I'm not a fan anymore scenario- The seven teams above us have a brain, and Cam Newton falls to us. We select him, and start the VY saga all over again.

Carolina Panthers

1.1 - Best Case Scenario? Trade down to 3,4,5, or 7. All teams that could use a QB. Carolina needs DT, DB/KR, LB, TE, QB, and WR. I don't like a QB number one so trade down and land either Patrick Peterson (my number one overall) or if he's gone at least one of these will still be there: Von Miller, Dareus, or AJ Green. Peterson fills two voids (return/secondary). If he doesn't win out at one of the two DB positions, he is big and explosive enough to play safety too. Hopefully by trading down you can pick up an extra 3rd rounder or something like that.

Use the rest of the draft to go Best Available on the position of needs. If a decent QB isn't there late I would simply pass on that position and focus on it during free agency to get a veteran once that opens up.

re read this please. :thumbsup:

Half the time I'm typing on an iPhone - it's a huge pain in the azz.

The Eagles 2 biggest needs are OL and CB. They let up an ungodly amount of sacks and touchdown passes last year. The fact that Philly has Samuels on one side does not IMO make it less likely that they'd spend a first rounder on cornerback, even a very high pick.

My guess is they stay pat and draft an OL or a CB, but if they could swap first rounders with Zona and Peterson was on the board you can bet he'd be the pick. He's easily the best overall player in the draft and a guy who's going to be a stud for the next 10 years.

Jimmy Smith or Gabe Carimi are getting mocked to the Eagles a lot. Both fill immediate needs but I have a feeling they're going to trade up or down.

Trade 155 for Steve Slaton

As a Skins fan, please, no. Unless they're going to use the pick on a crappy FB, another TE, or a slow safety. In that case, just trade it for a 4th next year.

Carolina Panthers

1.1 - Best Case Scenario? Trade down to 3,4,5, or 7. All teams that could use a QB. Carolina needs DT, DB/KR, LB, TE, QB, and WR. I don't like a QB number one so trade down and land either Patrick Peterson (my number one overall) or if he's gone at least one of these will still be there: Von Miller, Dareus, or AJ Green. Peterson fills two voids (return/secondary). If he doesn't win out at one of the two DB positions, he is big and explosive enough to play safety too. Hopefully by trading down you can pick up an extra 3rd rounder or something like that.

What are the chances Carolina takes Peterson #1 overall? I agree, he's the best player in this draft and probably a safer pick than any of the QBs available. I think it all depends on how much the Panthers like Newton, Gabbert, ect or another QB they could get later in the draft, in free agency or next season. To me, the more and more I study this draft Peterson is really the only player that warrants moving up high in the first round to take... and because of that, I'm not going to be shocked if Peterson goes in the first 3 picks either to Carolina, Denver or Buffalo or to some other team moving up to get him.

What are the chances Carolina takes Peterson #1 overall? I agree, he's the best player in this draft and probably a safer pick than any of the QBs available. I think it all depends on how much the Panthers like Newton, Gabbert, ect or another QB they could get later in the draft, in free agency or next season. To me, the more and more I study this draft Peterson is really the only player that warrants moving up high in the first round to take... and because of that, I'm not going to be shocked if Peterson goes in the first 3 picks either to Carolina, Denver or Buffalo or to some other team moving up to get him.

I think it's a possible scenario, however I truely think a trade is a more likely scenario. There have been all kinds of conflicting reports coming out of Carolina as to what's going on lately. Some rumors have new coach Rivera not very high on Newton at all and the appearance that the Panthers were "locked in" on Newton the past couple weeks was to drive up the price so they could move the pick. They like Peterson a lot as well as Marcell Dareus and AJ Green. I actually think if they can't move the pick that Green will go #1. Shoot, they've been flying Da'Quan Bowers back and forth to Carolina a few times just recently accoring to reports. You don't do that if you are locked in on Cam Newton.

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of suprises. This years draft seems to be much more of a crapshoot than I can remember.

I would be very surprised if they took him #1. That team pretty much needs to build from scratch. The way to do that is grab your franchise QB or a franchise defensive front seven player. Peterson would be great but if your d-line and linebackers stink then there is only so much he can do for you. So I expect them to go with Newton, Gabbert, or Dareus.

As a Skins fan, please, no. Unless they're going to use the pick on a crappy FB, another TE, or a slow safety. In that case, just trade it for a 4th next year.

He knows the offense and played under Kyle in Houston so I think him and Torain are adequate while they tutor their new QB - but I understand your concern lol

i'm a CAR homer, and if this:

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain expects the Texans to try to trade up for Von Miller or Patrick Peterson.

The Texans would have to get to No. 2 for Miller, and McClain suggests offering their first-, third-, and fourth-round picks plus Amobi Okoye. We suspect it still wouldn't be enough to move from No. 11 to 2. Peterson may be a more reasonable target, particularly if he's on the board at No. 5 or 6. If the Texans stay put, McClain has them taking Aldon Smith of Missouri.

was offered to CAR for their 1st overall pick, i'd take it in a heartbeat even though the draft value guide says they are getting ripped off...

to defend it, let's start by saying CAR wouldn't be locked into a player #1 overall which they aren't in love with.

Next, they'd be getting badly needed help on the DL from Okoye, who at just 23 could be a a starter for years for them.

Then, with the #11 pick, there should be several guys for CAR to choose from to fill other positions of need. They could possibly go QB in Gabbert or Locker (yes, i like Locker), WR in Julio Jones, or maybe CB in Amukamara, or maybe Fairley/Bowers/Quinn if one of them fell and then they'd have a young but talented DL...

Also, then CAR would have three 3rd round picks, allowing them to trade two and move back up into the 2nd to grab any of the QBs who fall (assuming they don't go QB at 11), or grab Marvin Austin if he slides and they didn't grab another DL in the 1st...

it just gives them SO many more options, especially since they'd be starting by adding a DT.

Obviously, and of course, this is all speculative based on players being allowed to be traded based on Nelson's ruling today...

Best case for the Bengals

1. Palmer changes his mind, and embraces that new West Coast offense. Even if he gave them one more year, as a bridge.

2. They grab AJ Green in the 1st

3. They grab Dalton in the 2nd. This works out either way. He either sits for a year, or takes over now.

4. Mike Brown gives up total control of the team.

i think the chances they take Peterson are slim. I happen to think its a fine idea but there is alot of common thinking that you don't use the first overall (or a top 3 pick) on a Corner because they can simply be thrown away from.

i understand that logic in the sense that a team bad enough to own the number 1 probably needs help either

A. At a premium offensive position that has the ball in its hands alot - QB

or

B. At the point of attack - OL, DL

yet i don't understand the logic because even if a Corner is thrown away from, it means you've basically shut down half the field. you can roll safety coverage to the other side and most importantly, it frees up your defensive scheme to try more exotic blitzes and get after the opposing QB.

so personally, i have no issue with a team taking Peterson number 1 overall. Especially since he adds in the return game.

I think it's a possible scenario, however I truely think a trade is a more likely scenario. There have been all kinds of conflicting reports coming out of Carolina as to what's going on lately. Some rumors have new coach Rivera not very high on Newton at all and the appearance that the Panthers were "locked in" on Newton the past couple weeks was to drive up the price so they could move the pick. They like Peterson a lot as well as Marcell Dareus and AJ Green. I actually think if they can't move the pick that Green will go #1. Shoot, they've been flying Da'Quan Bowers back and forth to Carolina a few times just recently accoring to reports. You don't do that if you are locked in on Cam Newton.

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of suprises. This years draft seems to be much more of a crapshoot than I can remember.

Trade downs from number 1 are so unlikely. I know we face a slightly different set of circumstances this offseason, but the cost still deters teams.

Cost deters teams from trading up and the fact that its the top pick deters the team that holds it from trading down because they expect the moon and stars in return.

i think its much more likely Carolina keeps the pick. I'd just be hoping they select DL or Peterson.

Best case for the Bengals

4. Mike Brown gives up total control of the team.

Lol

He knows the offense and played under Kyle in Houston so I think him and Torain are adequate while they tutor their new QB - but I understand your concern lol

I believe Ahman Green also played for Kyle. Along with Sam Gado, if I recall...